So I worked a few long nights till 3-4am, wrote down any idea that would pop into my head and made it all presentable on a printed PDF file. I finally got the meeting I had been waiting for and for some reason, I wasn't scared at all. I breezed through it and answered all questions without any hesitation.
I did such a good job that my initial offer of doing SEO work on the side for them has landed me a newly created online marketing position. I'm going to be doing SEO, Social Media, updating site pages, etc. I have loved IM since the day I started and to finally be able to do it as a REAL career still leaves me speechless.
This new job starts within a couple of weeks and I'm already going over what is going to be my daily routine. It'll include some article writing, forum link posting, blogs, updating our facebooks and interacting with the fans, etc.
What I would LOVE is for you guys to shoot me some ideas that I haven't thought of yet to improve our company. What I have down now for "improvements" are as follows:
1) QR Codes on our packaging
2) Promo codes giving a first-time customer 5-10% off their NEXT order
3) Bi-weekly polls to build our mailing lists. "Vote in our poll and be registered to win a _____ signed by ____!" (Opt-In boxes as well)
4) Free ground shipping for purchases over $XX amount
5) Weekly, non-scripted video shorts giving our fan base a more personal relationship with our main characters and employees.
That's all I got for now. I know you guys would need to know more about our business to give the best information but any new ideas are good. And if you want to see what our company is about, visit Buck Commander or Duck Commander Official Web Site. Both sites are the same company and we make hunting videos, tv shows, appearal, hunting supplies, etc.