Amazing $50,000 in 2 months?

11 replies
Ok this thread has to do with offline marketing....and is a little simple but involves some labor.

It's Xmas time of the year as I write this..and last night just talked to this dude who was hanging Christmas lights for my neighbor at 9 pm last night.

So I felt chatty and asked him why he was hanging lights at 9pm.

Well he says that he started his light hanging business 2 years ago..and with 2 other employees...and works like 15 hours a day and has many late nights. And oh...he makes $50,000 during November and December. I was like.."Are you kidding me....c',mon."

He says that he busts his ass for those 2 months but hey...thinks it is well worth it because he takes the rest of the year off.

He uses craigslist and also sends out flyers to all the homes in September/October and says he gets so many leads it's crazy. He sends them to a landing page that collects leads and then simply follows up with them.

Now I didn't ask him what he charged per customer.....but thought it was a great idea and wanted to share with warriors on other ways to make money offline.
#$50 #amazing #months
  • Profile picture of the author Openxcell Inc
    Wonderful about that man you have earned a great amount in less month. I also would like to try out the craigslist. Hope that would work for me in the great way.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5290259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Stewart
    Originally Posted by tylerjaysen View Post

    Now I didn't ask him what he charged per customer.....
    I helped my cousin do this for a day when I just got out of college. He would just simply put an ad on CL and get call backs all through Nov. into early Dec.

    I think he charged around $500 per house if they had their own lights!!!

    I remember talking with the owner who said they paid a "bigger" company last year to do it and I'm pretty sure it was around $1200.
    Signature
    powermediaone AT yahoo.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5290563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author achukuttan
    hmm...well thats something seems funny...but the point here is he made $50k, if he did....
    That also comes in Internet Marketing...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5290657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmckinney
    My grandparents tried to find someone to hang their lights, when they wanted $500+ dollars, they said no thanks, called me, I had to drive 3 hours, put up lights for 5, almost killed my self.

    I can see why people would want to pay this! Next year I am just forking up the dough!

    Ryan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5290723].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    Interesting... Next year I may hire some ppl just finishing high school, pay min wage and keep the rest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5291287].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author T.R. McCarroll
      Grinch must live in NE Fla ... in my neighborhood out of 200 homes I would say
      there are "maybe" 5 houses with light.

      1. Could be a huge opportunity

      2. I live with Festivus celebrates worshiping the stripper pole

      Happy Holidays To All

      T.R.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5291384].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hotlinkz
      Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

      Interesting... Next year I may hire some ppl just finishing high school, pay min wage and keep the rest.
      Don't forget about liability insurance. You will need this to protect yourself if any of your hires get injured. You also need it to protect against any damage that may result from installing the lights (during and after installation).
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5292351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sundaymorning
    He must have had alot of customers because to make 50k per for 2 months that would be he would have at least 25k for the entire month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5292311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmckinney
    So at the grandparents house, I was wrong : they quoted 1700! Maye it is because they can get away with it (they live on a golf course) but I can see the 50k in 2 months .. You onlye need 25 rich people to say "ok".

    I am sure had I not lived about 180 miles away they would have just paid , they have the money, and they are festive , and to old to do it them selves.

    Thinking about this more, 50 K a month is doable with the right IM skills and workers in place.


    Hmmmmmmm
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5294380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mike3188
    what are some other high profit seasonal businesses?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5317478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMguy123
    Originally Posted by tylerjaysen View Post

    Ok this thread has to do with offline marketing....and is a little simple but involves some labor.

    It's Xmas time of the year as I write this..and last night just talked to this dude who was hanging Christmas lights for my neighbor at 9 pm last night.

    So I felt chatty and asked him why he was hanging lights at 9pm.

    Well he says that he started his light hanging business 2 years ago..and with 2 other employees...and works like 15 hours a day and has many late nights. And oh...he makes $50,000 during November and December. I was like.."Are you kidding me....c',mon."

    He says that he busts his ass for those 2 months but hey...thinks it is well worth it because he takes the rest of the year off.

    He uses craigslist and also sends out flyers to all the homes in September/October and says he gets so many leads it's crazy. He sends them to a landing page that collects leads and then simply follows up with them.

    Now I didn't ask him what he charged per customer.....but thought it was a great idea and wanted to share with warriors on other ways to make money offline.
    here you go The Christmas Light Pros - Christmas Light Hanging and Christmas Light Installation
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5317682].message }}

Trending Topics