How to Help My (Dentist) Client.. [Google Reviews & Adwords Related ?s]

by link82
35 replies
Hey there folks!

So I am here because of an interesting issue. Last week, I sent an email to ask my dentist client if he wanted to expand his seo efforts to another area or if I should ask another dentist (I thought I'd ask him first because he's been a great client for the last few months).

He replied back saying he'd be interested so I sent him the quote for the extra town. He replied back saying that business has been slow last week and that he definitely can't afford this. He said he'd like to meet me.

Now, before I go in for this meeting, I want to gather some notes on what we need to do to bring in more clients through the door. After all, if he doesn't get paid, neither do I, right? Sooo, here we go:

1. When I search for a dentist in his city I'm doing SEO work for him, I see that he shows up three times: once in Google Places, then one of the sites I created for him (my property) after Google Places, then lastly, a page from his own site.

Yep, three times. But here's the issue. I tried to think about this from the patient's perspective (or prospect rather). If I was searching for a dentist, what would I do?

Look at reviews! So this dentist has over 100+ Demand Force reviews but guess what? Google is now only showing Google Reviews. Whoopy kai yay!

Okay, so apparently he only has one Google Review (it's a positive one). However, two issues: one, he is in second last place on Google Places. The best thing to do here is to create more local citations to get him to rank higher and to use this one tool that shows you the citation of his competitors (I forget the name...? Something Spark?)

Second issue is that about three dentists have 8-16 reviews with pretty Gold Stars highlighted. No matter what, if I was looking for a dentist, I would pick one of these three!

Knowing this, I know I have to somehow get my dentist client to get his patients to submit positive Google reviews.

So, how can this get accomplished? I have read in past reviews that:

a. Collect hand-written reviews, get patient signatures and submit them using a robot (uses local IPs)

b. Have client offer incentives for positive reviews. This client is a dentist, maybe I can ask him if there is a light weight service he can offer a discount on? But no matter what it is, his clients can take that incentive and yet never submit a review...??

I would love to hear anyone who has done this before for the last 6 months at least and how it has worked out for them. Especially if your client is a dentist!!!

2. Rank higher in search engines. Well, yes, duh! For his local city, he has his Places listing, one site I created and he's renting from me and his own site ranking.

I can add the phone number to the title so that's an immediate call to action.

For the second city, the site I created for him ranks around #8. The video has fallen to page 2.

I am creating backlinks to push them higher into the search engines but this can take up a little bit of time. However, I will keep doing this to make sure he gets a video and at least a site represented in the second area.

Any other suggestions?

3. I know he has some guy running his Google Adwords campaign. He has a CTR of 0.78% in January. I don't have experience running Adwords campaigns, esp. locally so I am not sure how this is working for him. However, I am wondering how they are keeping track of the results of the campaign. It's all well that we can see a CTR percentage, but how does one keep track of the calls coming in? A coupon code? Or code, period that perhaps the patient will remember to mention when they call in for an appointment?

Whew, that is a lot. Obviously, I have a lot to learn and I find some great advice and suggestions given out here on a daily basis. I'm here to learn and really want to see my client do well. I appreciate any suggestion you have and will take it from there. Thanks!
#adwords #client #dentist #google #related #reviews
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    Originally Posted by link82 View Post

    but how does one keep track of the calls coming in? A coupon code? Or code, period that perhaps the patient will remember to mention when they call in for an appointment?
    In adwords specific there is a built in tracking code that can be applied to a web site that will track conversions for a key, in most cases this is added to a thank you page after they have filled a simple submit form say to download a coupon or it could be added to a contact us page although not as effective, the phone contact numbers email and contact forms are placed on this page and not the header.

    people can also use a third party app to monitor regular phone conversions / calls but that gets a little disjointed from running a campaign making things a little harder to get quality conversion data in the one panel.

    In this case a combination of a saver coupon say ? inquire on line today and save $xyz on your next visit or similar ? and claim your free download say? + 10 ways to brighter teeth and happy gums.

    or to those ideas may work.
    Signature
    | > Choosing to go off the grid for a while to focus on family, work and life in general. Have a great 2020 < |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DP55
    With regards to reviews I run a service that creates an influx of reviews (all legit from customers) for a monthly fee.

    If you're interested in offering it I'd be happy to talk.

    Cheers
    Signature
    Business In A Box
    Let me set up a mostly-automated business for you. $XXX-XXXX/month. Marketing + website included! PM For More Info - Only $97. Only 3 Available!

    Brand New Private Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5678707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seantrepreneur
    Originally Posted by link82 View Post


    3. I know he has some guy running his Google Adwords campaign. He has a CTR of 0.78% in January. I don't have experience running Adwords campaigns, esp. locally so I am not sure how this is working for him. However, I am wondering how they are keeping track of the results of the campaign. It's all well that we can see a CTR percentage, but how does one keep track of the calls coming in? A coupon code? Or code, period that perhaps the patient will remember to mention when they call in for an appointment?

    Yes, you are going to send these leads to a landing page with a strong call to action. And, as mentioned above, you are going to want to place that code on the thank page that only shows up after someone fills out the email request form. That why you can see exactly how many ppl filled out this form in a given month leaving zero room for error.

    Call tracking is easy. I use Callfire and just have a 1-888 number forward to there business phone number so again we can track how many calls they are getting using our landing page. Callfire is easy to use and they have awesome training videos on how to use their software.

    Hope that's useful for you!

    Sean
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5678780].message }}
    • The magic # most people don't know is 5.

      It takes 5 Google reviews to get the 5 Gold stars to show up in the SERPs.

      DON'T enter reviews period. Not worth the risk. Google has lots of ways to tell when reviews are fake. And even if they are real reviews the way you do it they can still look fake to the spam algo. The rules say the patient themselves has to enter the review.

      DON'T offer incentives for reviews either. Google does not like it and it can look cheesy to patients.

      They can set up DemandForce to help them build their G reviews. That's the fastest, easiest and least painful way to go. Have them use the tool they are already set up with a paying for.

      I specialize in Dentistry and have a comprehensive review training program that I offer as part of my package that gives the Dentist some quick and easy ways to get legit reviews then gives staff training on getting on-going reviews. It even includes a really nice template.

      So the key to value add is offering the tips and tools to help them get reviews faster and easier in an ethical way, instead of trying to help get reviews in a way that could get them penalized.
      Signature

      Linda Buquet :: Google+ Local Specialist and Google Top Contributor
      ADVANCED Google+ Local Training :: Also offering White Label Local SEO
      Latest Google Local News, Tips & Tricks

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5681039].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author link82
        Originally Posted by Catalyst eMarketing View Post

        The magic # most people don't know is 5.

        It takes 5 Google reviews to get the 5 Gold stars to show up in the SERPs.

        DON'T enter reviews period. Not worth the risk. Google has lots of ways to tell when reviews are fake. And even if they are real reviews the way you do it they can still look fake to the spam algo. The rules say the patient themselves has to enter the review.

        DON'T offer incentives for reviews either. Google does not like it and it can look cheesy to patients.

        They can set up DemandForce to help them build their G reviews. That's the fastest, easiest and least painful way to go. Have them use the tool they are already set up with a paying for.

        I specialize in Dentistry and have a comprehensive review training program that I offer as part of my package that gives the Dentist some quick and easy ways to get legit reviews then gives staff training on getting on-going reviews. It even includes a really nice template.

        So the key to value add is offering the tips and tools to help them get reviews faster and easier in an ethical way, instead of trying to help get reviews in a way that could get them penalized.
        Thanks. Got a couple of good tips here. Still got some ?s though. Can you please expand on how to use DemandForce to 'help them build their G reviews'? Trying to find info on DemandForce and haven't found anything regarding this. I'll dig around but if you can explain, that'd be great. The dentist has over 100+ reviews with Demand Force.

        Is there a way I can get my hands on your training? Usually people are selling WSOs, etc. I definitely want to help this client do well.

        Thanks for the responses everyone. I'd love to hear from more of you.
        Signature
        Quietly Selling Powerful Links. Just a handful on clean domains, PM me for inquiry :D
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5681096].message }}
        • Originally Posted by link82 View Post

          Thanks. Got a couple of good tips here. Still got some ?s though. Can you please expand on how to use DemandForce to 'help them build their G reviews'? Trying to find info on DemandForce and haven't found anything regarding this. I'll dig around but if you can explain, that'd be great. The dentist has over 100+ reviews with Demand Force.

          Is there a way I can get my hands on your training? Usually people are selling WSOs, etc. I definitely want to help this client do well.

          Thanks for the responses everyone. I'd love to hear from more of you.
          I'm a DemandForce partner and have blogged about DF a lot. Try to stay up on what they offer. Here's a blog post that explains how to do it.

          Reputation Builder for Google

          Yes I don't do WSOs I do high end personalized one-on-one training and coaching on ADVANCED GP optimization techniques. Many of the tools (proposals, analysis, patient review training program, evaluation, project tracking, etc) are designed for my Dental clients so if you work with Dentists you can just plug in all my methods, tools and strategies right away. If you work with other types of clients, it's all easily customizable.

          Just use the contact us form on my site and I'll send you an overview with all the training/consulting options. Be sure to point me to this thread and remind me we talked here. I get tons of requests.
          Signature

          Linda Buquet :: Google+ Local Specialist and Google Top Contributor
          ADVANCED Google+ Local Training :: Also offering White Label Local SEO
          Latest Google Local News, Tips & Tricks

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5689712].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author amulektwo
            Originally Posted by Catalyst eMarketing View Post

            I'm a DemandForce partner and have blogged about DF a lot. Try to stay up on what they offer. Here's a blog post that explains how to do it.

            Reputation Builder for Google

            Yes I don't do WSOs I do high end personalized one-on-one training and coaching on ADVANCED GP optimization techniques. Many of the tools (proposals, analysis, patient review training program, evaluation, project tracking, etc) are designed for my Dental clients so if you work with Dentists you can just plug in all my methods, tools and strategies right away. If you work with other types of clients, it's all easily customizable.

            Just use the contact us form on my site and I'll send you an overview with all the training/consulting options. Be sure to point me to this thread and remind me we talked here. I get tons of requests.

            Can you please pm me with how much you charge for your materials? I have a dentist as a client and i really want to help him get his site to the top A spot on Google Places...Thank you and im looking forward to hearing from you
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5691511].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Charles Harper
            Originally Posted by Catalyst eMarketing View Post

            I'm a DemandForce partner and have blogged about DF a lot. Try to stay up on what they offer. Here's a blog post that explains how to do it.

            Reputation Builder for Google

            Yes I don't do WSOs I do high end personalized one-on-one training and coaching on ADVANCED GP optimization techniques. Many of the tools (proposals, analysis, patient review training program, evaluation, project tracking, etc) are designed for my Dental clients so if you work with Dentists you can just plug in all my methods, tools and strategies right away. If you work with other types of clients, it's all easily customizable.

            Just use the contact us form on my site and I'll send you an overview with all the training/consulting options. Be sure to point me to this thread and remind me we talked here. I get tons of requests.
            I can vouch for Linda as being one who really and truly eats and sleeps Google Places and keeps up on everything. My guess is that if you were trained by her that you would be doing yourself a favor.

            I hope that does not hijack the thread, because that is not what I am trying to do.

            CT
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5836331].message }}
            • Originally Posted by Charles Harper View Post

              I can vouch for Linda as being one who really and truly eats and sleeps Google Places and keeps up on everything. My guess is that if you were trained by her that you would be doing yourself a favor.

              I hope that does not hijack the thread, because that is not what I am trying to do.

              CT
              Wow thanks Charles, coming from you, a fellow Places pro, that's quite the compliment and I really appreciate it! Thanks!
              Signature

              Linda Buquet :: Google+ Local Specialist and Google Top Contributor
              ADVANCED Google+ Local Training :: Also offering White Label Local SEO
              Latest Google Local News, Tips & Tricks

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5954656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skagenweb
    Well, he can ask the people calling in how they found the website - that is one easy way to track it. Additionally, try get him listed in directories, online phone books, make sure he is Bing maps too, and work on getting him good SEO!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5686308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Doran Peck
    Send emails to his clients asking for their review. Give them a link to follow.

    I'm also wondering if he has a big presence in the yellowpages...if so encourage him to drop it completely ( except bold listing) and replace it with large scale saturation mailings to all households around him. So for the same money where he was buried deep in a dust covered book waiting for people to decide to go looking for some kind of dentist... He now positions himself directly in front of the decision makers of every household once a
    Month and causes them to get to know him, trust him, understand how he is the authority and stays in the forefront of their minds...a household name.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5801057].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RobbieT
      Originally Posted by Doran Peck View Post


      Send emails to his clients asking for their review. Give them a link to follow.

      I'm also wondering if he has a big presence in the yellowpages...if so encourage him to drop it completely ( except bold listing) and replace it with large scale saturation mailings to all households around him. So for the same money where he was buried deep in a dust covered book waiting for people to decide to go looking for some kind of dentist... He now positions himself directly in front of the decision makers of every household once a Month and causes them to get to know him, trust him, understand how he is the authority and stays in the forefront of their minds...a household name.
      Now that is effective use of his $ and if it is combined with a discounted, simple service such as "Teeth Whitening" he will have more customers than you can poke a stick at.

      Take good care of those that you love.

      Robbie T
      Signature
      learn how to Make Money From The Web

      Follow my Journey to make an extra $40 or $400 per week each week and TOP UP YOUR WEEKLY INCOME

      Check it out here - Make Money From The Web
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5805975].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ronr
      I've found that whether the dentist emails or uses direct mail to ask his patients to leave a review it's helpful if you do more than leave a link. Take them to a webpage with instructions how leave a review. It takes several steps to leave a review in google (especially if they don't have a gmail account) and people who aren't that computer savvy get confused.

      Ron

      Originally Posted by Doran Peck View Post

      Send emails to his clients asking for their review. Give them a link to follow.

      I'm also wondering if he has a big presence in the yellowpages...if so encourage him to drop it completely ( except bold listing) and replace it with large scale saturation mailings to all households around him. So for the same money where he was buried deep in a dust covered book waiting for people to decide to go looking for some kind of dentist... He now positions himself directly in front of the decision makers of every household once a
      Month and causes them to get to know him, trust him, understand how he is the authority and stays in the forefront of their minds...a household name.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5806014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Solem
    Assuming he already has somewhat of a client base - One of the easiest ways to increase his income is to go offline and do some mailings to his current clients.

    Send them thank you cards so they know their business is appreciated. Send them offers to refer their family an friends to him, and send them offers for additional products and services that they may want - like teeth whitening.

    With new patients having a lifetime value in the thousands of dollars, it only takes a few positive responses to a mailing to start making a great ROI.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5801184].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
    I'm a DemandForce partner and have blogged about DF a lot. Try to stay up on what they offer. Here's a blog post that explains how to do it.

    Reputation Builder for Google
    I have prospective clients with 3 ring binders of written and autographed client testimonials [ their are in a niche marketing club ] that their old school guru consulted them to get for their lobbies...

    Clients wait in lobby and see 100's of written client testimonials ...

    How could we get those into the demand force pipeline ... heck how does DemandForce get the clients reviews into the google places reviews section?
    Signature
    Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5805324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mojo1
    There are 2 wso's that come to mind that will address your specific challenges.

    Non affiliate links:

    1. RS Testimonial will take care of displaying those nice golden stars on your client's website that will automatically then show up on Google Places - http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...-you-work.html

    2. Offline Review Tsunami - will help provide the dentist with a systemic way of getting real time, authentic client reviews - http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...t-reviews.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5806479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mobile Tactics
    Regarding the 2nd WSO above, I am fairly certain both google and the FTC frown upon offering incentives for reviews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5806670].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ronr
      Paying for postiive reviews, giving false reviews, etc. wrong and something you shouldn't do.

      However there are subtle ways to do it. From what I understand there is nothing wrong for asking them to leave honest reviews and rewarding them in some small way for their time. That's a totally different thing. Their name could go into drawing, given a discount for their next purchase, a thank you gift etc.


      Originally Posted by Mobile Tactics View Post

      Regarding the 2nd WSO above, I am fairly certain both google and the FTC frown upon offering incentives for reviews.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5806858].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bruce Myron
        I have a method I have been testing and has worked well for a dentist, cpa and a local flooring company. In fact the CPA went from no Google reviews to 11 in just 10 days! The system focuses on getting Google reviews and is based on some of the ideas from earlier WSO's that use offer cards, but solves some of the problems I ran into implementing those plans.

        I use a Starbucks' coffee offer postcard that can either be mailed or just given to the patient/customer at the end of an appointment. The cards each have a unique code on them that allows it to only be used once. The card directs the customer to a web site that leads them through the entire process, then verifies what they have done. Once everything is verified an email is sent to the client company that leads them through the process of ordering a coffee card from the Starbucks website.

        Incidentally, a close reading of Google's TOS shows that they object to providing incentives for POSITIVE reviews. Nowhere in my system or on the cards does it ask for a positive review, just a review, and I tell my clients that they must pay the incentive even for negative reviews.

        I explain to them that I have found that a negative review, responded to immediately and tactfully, can have more positive impact on viewers that a positive review! Remember that the date of the negative review AND the response are both visible on the places page forever. People are impressed by a company that has its act together and responds so fast. So the client will know when a negative review has been posted, my system sends an additional "warning" email to a manager's email whenever a review below 4 stars has been left.

        I sell a deck of 100 cards to the client for $95, explaining that what they are really paying for is the time this system saves their employees. Their employees don't get bogged down answering questions or verifying reviews, and are not involved in the process at all until everything is done and verified. And then it takes less than a minute to order the coffee card, since everything they have to enter they can copy and paste from the email.

        Details are at FastReview.Net/details.

        I have been planning to solicit some beta testers here on WF but a couple large programming projects have been taking all my time. If you would like to give this a shot I can send you a few sample cards to show your client. You can also direct them to the
        website where the system is explained.

        Note that nowhere on the FastReview website is there an order page or contact info so they will have to buy these cards from you. You can sell them for whatever you want, but $95 was an easy sell for me. I put your clients logo on the standard card layout, create unique codes for each card, then print and mail a 100 card deck to you for $40.

        Let me know if you are interested. I have not been able to pursue this since I finished it in January, but I found that this system is a great way to get new clients.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5836290].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ronr
          Bruce I would be interested in looking more closely at your review system. I have some things I am doing that are working well to help clients get reviews also . Perhaps I can integrate it into what I'm doing.

          Interesting how you suggest the client handle a negative review. I agree with you 100%. I'm really surprised when I talk to dentists who claim that if you get a bad review you should just ignore it. If I see a bad review for a business and they don't take the time to respond to it, it usually tells me that the business doesn't care or the review is more likely to be true, than if they respond it in a professional courteous manner, showing that they are willing to talk to them and rectify the situation if possible.

          In fact here is a link to an interesting article and study.

          http://www.tnooz.com/2012/03/15/news...m-bad-reviews/

          Ron

          Originally Posted by Bruce Myron View Post

          Incidentally, a close reading of Google's TOS shows that they object to providing incentives for POSITIVE reviews. Nowhere in my system or on the cards does it ask for a positive review, just a review, and I tell my clients that they must pay the incentive even for negative reviews.

          I explain to them that I have found that a negative review, responded to immediately and tactfully, can have more positive impact on viewers that a positive review! Remember that the date of the negative review AND the response are both visible on the places page forever. People are impressed by a company that has its act together and responds so fast. So the client will know when a negative review has been posted, my system sends an additional "warning" email to a manager's email whenever a review below 4 stars has been left.

          Details are at FastReview.Net/details.

          I have been planning to solicit some beta testers here on WF but a couple large programming projects have been taking all my time. If you would like to give this a shot I can send you a few sample cards to show your client. You can also direct them to the
          website where the system is explained.

          Note that nowhere on the FastReview website is there an order page or contact info so they will have to buy these cards from you. You can sell them for whatever you want, but $95 was an easy sell for me. I put your clients logo on the standard card layout, create unique codes for each card, then print and mail a 100 card deck to you for $40.

          Let me know if you are interested. I have not been able to pursue this since I finished it in January, but I found that this system is a great way to get new clients.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5839154].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Bruce Myron
            Ron -

            Thanks for the link! I downloaded their report "Bad Reviews Are Good For Business" and will be using it with clients from here on! This is why I send the separate email to the manager/owner if there is a bad review - the missing link is that the owner needs to know immediately when the bad review comes in. I tell owners that effective followup on bad reviews is really doing quality control for their business.

            A good way to take a closer look at how the system works is to go to the FastReview Demo Entry Form. This is a fake page that allows you to run the system. You can put in any name, but need to use your real email address, since the autoresponder will send you a confirmation. Your email is removed from the autoresponder right after the confirmation is sent, so you can run the demo again, if you want.

            Since this demo company does not have a real places page, the system does not check the Google nickname or card code, but you do need to enter something in both places. You may want to leave some things blank and hit verify a few times to see the messages that come up.

            Once you have filled everything in the next screen will have a submit button, which brings up the confirmation screen. My autoresponder is super fast so you will get an email in about 3 seconds. Click on the link in the email and the All Done message comes up in the browser.

            If this were a real review, at that point the customer would be done. I have a server that checks for messages every 90 seconds and processes the request - checks for problems with the review or card code and sends the order email to your client business. If there is a problem it emails the customer with an explanation and a link to the submit page so they can try again.

            Since this is a demo the system will send the order email to YOU so you can see what it looks like and how it matches up with the Starbucks' order page.

            So take a look and let me know what you think. What I need is a few people to give it a workout and tell me where it can be made better.

            It is actually a lot of fun finding new clients with this system. I've gotten to the point where I just walk in, hold up one of the cards and say "I don't know who I should talk to about this". Works like a charm! The receptionist/gatekeeper takes a look and I show them some screen printouts I have of the parts of the system. I get into the owner almost every time.

            I think what is happening is that not that many people have seen a system like this, but most know about Google reviews, so they are receptive. By focusing tightly on this one subject and never mentioning anything else, like websites, optimization, etc it is a short but productive meeting.

            I figure if I can sign them up for $95 and get them some reviews, THEN I can come back and sell them on the rest of what I can do for them. Too many people are trying to sell these people their high end, expensive service right out of the gate and it just isn't going to happen.

            I have been doing programming for small businesses for 25 years and most of my clients get solicitations for SEO EVERY DAY! They even occasionally get phone calls from India! They are totally sick of the calls and turned off to anything about SEO. In this type of environment, thinking of ever slicker ways to mass contact businesses is going to be less and less effective as time goes on.

            I have found that the way to bypass all of that is to get out and walk in on businesses in your area. Then, by talking about something that is simple to understand and cheap, business owners will buy in and you have a new relationship. It is from within this relationship that you can sell them the rest because you have credibility because of the reviews.

            Sorry for the long post, but I have lived on this "selling from the inside" for a quarter century and know how business owners think, its kind of a hot button for me. Although some WSO's portray small business owners as emotional and manipulable, they are among the smartest people I know. I would guess that more than half the market has NEVER been touched by everything the seo industry has done to date. If this were not true, you couldn't do a search and see tons of obviously un-optimized sites and places pages.

            One of the SECRETS to working long term with business owners is to realize that they look at you in relation to how they found you. If they found you in the Yellow Pages or by answering an email they will never forget that. They will always figure that, if they want to replace you, all they have to do is go back to the same source and get another one of you. Simple. But this lowers your value to that business owner for the life of the relationship.

            This is why referrals are so powerful. Unconsciously, the business owner gives this type of relationship more weight because it would be harder to replace you - they figure they would probably have to go back and get another referral.

            So even if you do find a new client by them picking your name out of the never ending flow of emails and other solicitations, always remember they will figure you are quite replaceable. By walking in a forming the relationship with a simple, but effective product like this you make it impossible to replace you using the same source, and they will be much more attentive to what you have to say.

            Sorry for the rant - but I've worked with a lot of my clients for more than 20 years and I'm reacting to some of the crappy WSO's I've seen recently that portray them as idiots who will buy anything.

            Bruce
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5841030].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ronr
              sent you a pm Bruce, not sure if you have enough posts to pm or not. Let me know if you don't get it and we'll figure out another way to connect.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5841070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RKCastillo
    I remember Mike Blumenthal bringing up a quote from the Google Forums that says Google doesn't mind reviews from the business location.

    They can't be from the same Google Account, but why not have the receptionist walk the client through the steps, or do the steps for them and then have the client type out the review while they're sitting there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5841918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ronr
      RK do remember where the quote was? Until now I'm pretty sure that Google wants them to come from different IP's and having a computer at the business location is discouraged by google. There was talk of them relaxing this but I didn't know it happened yet.

      Ron

      Originally Posted by RKCastillo View Post

      I remember Mike Blumenthal bringing up a quote from the Google Forums that says Google doesn't mind reviews from the business location.

      They can't be from the same Google Account, but why not have the receptionist walk the client through the steps, or do the steps for them and then have the client type out the review while they're sitting there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5842016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaxReferrals
    Focus on his existing client/patient base. Mine this, and automate it for
    marketing purposes.

    This form of word of mouth is the highest ROI he will ever experience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5857618].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author google+1
    Another idea is to install google +1 on his site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5857733].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mojo1
    Hi Bruce,

    Sent you a pm about beta testing. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5860684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author frlane
    I would have him switch his PPC to Google Boost, as we've seen better results from that with our local clients.

    Also, why not have the patients submit a review with their smartphones right there in the office in exchange for a gift?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5861452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jassie00
    thanks for your information that you've been posted to this thread.. i really appreciated it much..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5944086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adrixe
    I've learned alot here regarding google places. Thanks guys
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5945823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adwizard
    Put up a few signs around the waiting area that say "There is nothing more rewarding if you feel we've done a good job for you, then for you to let others know"

    Please scan the code below with your smartphone and leave us a review:
    Then print a QR code that will direct the persons browser to the review page!

    Definitely stress training of the staff to remind the clients or patients how much you appreciate a review.
    Signature
    Building Businesses Beyond their Four Walls by
    Thinking Outside the Box... since 1993.
    Is anyone capable of designing a mobile site for
    this e-commerce site for a fee:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5946523].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ish
    love this thread...should help me with my dentist prospect
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7256574].message }}

Trending Topics