Most lucrative offline home based businesses?

by ckbank
20 replies
Hi everyone. I just want to ask you fine people if you know of any home based offline businesses that can be potentially lucrative? I am looking to work for myself, but for example, don't have enough money to establish a freight brokerage firm. What would be some home based businesses with low start-up costs and with potentials to make big bucks?
#based #businesses #home #lucrative #offline
  • Profile picture of the author Harvey M
    If you figure that out all by yourself, your chances for success will increase dramatically.
    Signature
    There's no need for a Plan B because it distracts from Plan A.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5702702].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ckbank
      Originally Posted by Harvey M View Post

      If you figure that out all by yourself, your chances for success will increase dramatically.
      That's great advice. I actually know this, but a person can't figure out if an idea is good until he or she either makes money or loses most of the investment.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5702719].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Miller
      Originally Posted by Harvey M View Post

      If you figure that out all by yourself, your chances for success will increase dramatically.
      Two things:

      1. That's sort of a rude reply to someone asking for advice. No doubt it's something that everyone realizes but people come here for advice and feedback.

      2. This is more of a question than anything else. Is your "sucessful blog" the one you link to in your signature?
      Signature
      The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.
      -- FRANK SINATRA, quoted in The Way You Wear Your Hat
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5702751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    I would change the sig copy...it's not making me want to click to the blog.

    Saying you're not a pro in anything is a b-a-d idea.

    In this marketplace, your most recent blog entry title would be much more effective:

    "You Really Can Make Money at Home by Just Going Online: Click to Find Out How"


    or

    "Making Money at Home Is as Easy as Going Online: Click Here"


    If you're going to write about it, though, don't you think you should have accomplished it first?

    Affiliate sites are a straightforward way of making money at home.

    1. Pick a niche and find a url that has a high search/traffic potential, but as yet has low competition

    2. Build up lots of traffic by writing articles based around highly-searched key words

    3. Find niche-appropriate affiliate partners and post their clickthrough ads on your site.

    Whenever someone clicks through an ad and does something like gives their email to the ad poster, or buys something, you get paid.

    It can take some weeks or even months to get there, but once you are at the 15,000 - 20,0000+ visitors a day mark the money should be nice and steady. So you get paid 30 cents and conversion is 1%, you're banking $150 a month per site for doing very little. All you have to do is keep cranking out relevant unique content, just often enough to keep google interested.

    EDIT:

    Crickey, I can't even read.

    Sorry about that. I read "online" when you said "offline".

    Lots of people are making money with mobile sites, but that market is getting saturated.

    Try to find something that doesn't have much competition right now, and get in early.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5703078].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ckbank
      Originally Posted by kaniganj View Post

      I would change the sig copy...it's not making me want to click to the blog.

      Saying you're not a pro in anything is a b-a-d idea.

      In this marketplace, your most recent blog entry title would be much more effective:

      "You Really Can Make Money at Home by Just Going Online: Click to Find Out How"


      or

      "Making Money at Home Is as Easy as Going Online: Click Here"


      If you're going to write about it, though, don't you think you should have accomplished it first?

      Affiliate sites are a straightforward way of making money at home.

      1. Pick a niche and find a url that has a high search/traffic potential, but as yet has low competition

      2. Build up lots of traffic by writing articles based around highly-searched key words

      3. Find niche-appropriate affiliate partners and post their clickthrough ads on your site.

      Whenever someone clicks through an ad and does something like gives their email to the ad poster, or buys something, you get paid.

      It can take some weeks or even months to get there, but once you are at the 15,000 - 20,0000+ visitors a day mark the money should be nice and steady. So you get paid 30 cents and conversion is 1%, you're banking $150 a month per site for doing very little. All you have to do is keep cranking out relevant unique content, just often enough to keep google interested.
      I'm sorry about my blog signature. A few times, I asked questions about making money and people made fun of me while pointing out my blog signature. Now I changed it to avoid the jerks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5703166].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
        Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

        I'm sorry about my blog signature. A few times, I asked questions about making money and people made fun of me while pointing out my blog signature. Now I changed it to avoid the jerks.
        I am one of the jerks... I was going to comment on that... and I was also going to suggest the Drug business...

        Anyway, I don't really know how to respond to this thread to be honest with you. I'll let other people waste their time coming to assumptions about what you can or can not do.

        The thing is, we don't know what you're capable of doing. I'm also not one to sell the whole be your own boss thing if it isn't something you enjoy doing. I'm not going to tell you to sell SEO web design marketing and blah blah blah because as far as I know you're lousy at it and don't care for it. Find out what you like to do, research the market, make a plan and execute it. We can't tell you what you like to do... but if you know it already, then maybe we can help you figure out a way to monetize it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5750718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brenden Clerget
    One of the easiest ways to make a lot of money at home is going to be to identify an emerging market, or a need in the current market, and fill that need.

    Instead of trying to pick a business, pick a need and a niche that needs you, and then fill it. Don't get attached to a single idea, rather, get attached to what will make you money.

    Practical advice, somewhat broad, but it's absolutely true.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5703185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sharyn Sheldon
    Jason is right about the sig. Change it pronto because what you have now is far worse. You're basically saying that you know nothing and nobody should visit your site. Unless that's what you want people to think.

    Don't worry about getting laughed at. Ask your questions as nicely as possible and sift out the good advice from the rotten. It helps to do some of your own research first so that you already know the answers to basic questions. There are quite a few threads here in the forum that cover all the basics and then some.

    In terms of making money offline, there are a million different ways. You're going to have to think first about what you are good at, or what you want to get skilled at.

    You seem to be blogging about making money online, but you asked about making money offline. Why? Are you giving up on the online idea? You've certainly picked the most competitive keyword possible for online businesses, and one that I assume you are new at. Again, look at what you are good at or enjoy. Then take it from there.
    Signature

    - Sharyn Sheldon

    [BRAND NEW PLR] Shoestring Budget Startup - Ready-to-Go, Customizable Course and Complete Sales Funnel

    FREE Content Planning Template Finally...an easy way to make sure your content is working for you

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5703219].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ckbank
      Originally Posted by srsheldon View Post

      Jason is right about the sig. Change it pronto because what you have now is far worse. You're basically saying that you know nothing and nobody should visit your site. Unless that's what you want people to think.

      Don't worry about getting laughed at. Ask your questions as nicely as possible and sift out the good advice from the rotten. It helps to do some of your own research first so that you already know the answers to basic questions. There are quite a few threads here in the forum that cover all the basics and then some.

      In terms of making money offline, there are a million different ways. You're going to have to think first about what you are good at, or what you want to get skilled at.

      You seem to be blogging about making money online, but you asked about making money offline. Why? Are you giving up on the online idea? You've certainly picked the most competitive keyword possible for online businesses, and one that I assume you are new at. Again, look at what you are good at or enjoy. Then take it from there.
      Thank you so much. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to reply in the best possible way. You are right about me picking the most competitive keyword/niche. With the negative experience I've had with this keyword, I am afraid to invest time and money on low competition keywords. In terms of niche marketing and seo, if I have knowledge, would you say it is much easier to succeed with low competition keywords?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5703525].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author David Miller
        The sig I was referring to was Harvey M
        Signature
        The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.
        -- FRANK SINATRA, quoted in The Way You Wear Your Hat
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5703674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BillBert
    OKAY!

    Here we go... Although this is self serving, I am being very sincere.

    I recently got involved with a very reputable business that cost me $295 to get started. It is a real life product that most anyone can use.

    Many professionals and sales people such as Real Estate Agents and the like, are easy sales.

    Recurring commissions range from 5% to 30% and there are no fancy hoops to jump through, very reputable and straight forward.

    I was positive cash flow within the first week without breaking a sweat..

    The long term potential and recurring revenue growth keep me awake at night.

    Anyway, have a look for yourself, test drive the product for free with no obligation.

    I will bet you, that you will see the value in this business immediately. And the good part is that it gets even better once you see the whole offering.

    Have a look here and let me know your thoughts.

    Link to your new business watch the 3 minute video for a bird's eye view of the product.

    Any questions? I am more than happy to answer!

    Thanks
    Signature
    Do You Need a Cost Effective way of reaching out to your offline clients or prospects?

    Feel free to contact me directly and I will give you the details!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5703521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seantrepreneur
    Go on Google and find someone that wrote a book and is only selling the book. They are not promoting anything or have a back end. Find a product or service that their readers could benefit from. Contact the author and ask if you can set up a profit center for them.

    Not all people know how to monetize things. Actually very few ppl know how to truly monetize things. Find someone who has potential, but doesn't see it. Look at it as connecting the dots.

    Hope the helps,

    Sean
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5703772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
    Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

    Hi everyone. I just want to ask you fine people if you know of any home based offline businesses that can be potentially lucrative? I am looking to work for myself, but for example, don't have enough money to establish a freight brokerage firm. What would be some home based businesses with low start-up costs and with potentials to make big bucks?
    Here's what a Warrior does and others have followed his lead...

    http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...onth-hero.html

    You'll still need to talk to people on the phone and meet with them though.

    It may fit your skills and ambitions.

    Best,
    Ewen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5703798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul_1
    My formula for money = ideaS + Action
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5704462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thrasher66099
    You could do article marketing for local businesses. Many local businesses have no idea what article marketing is and if you can show them the value in it you can charge anywhere from $100 all the way up to $500+ a month when you are first starting out. Then you might want to start looking into other services to integrate into your marketing suite for businesses. One example is SMS hosting.

    Some small businesses spend thousands of dollars a month on sending texts out to their SMS lists trying to customers buying again via attractive deals.

    Another possibility is finding local businesses that have posted youtube videos and then getting those youtube videos to rank higher in the SERPs.

    There are a plethora of viable possibilities. You just need to pick one and stick with it until you find success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5704846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vijai
    Do Image editing if you are familiar with Photoshop.There are plenty opportunities availble offline.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5704876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zenyatta
    Hi Ckbank,

    Everyone is different with different skill sets so the decision is a very personal one. I like to help local businesses survive and thrive in this tough economy so I went the offline route. I like everything mobile and offer sms marketing along with mobile websites to get my foot in the door and then upsell from there. The power is in recurring income so structure your product or services with that in mind to create a stable income stream. The business owners I work with are interested but don't believe some WSOs that make you think you can just send an email and then the business owner will sign up on the spot. You need to start a relationship and get some trust established before they will be ready to try your product or service. So figure out your strengths and then outsource your weaknesses, but most importantly take ACTION and do not procrastinate until everything is perfect because it never will be. Make sure and enjoy your journey to your ultimate destination. If you don't its not worth it. Good Luck Zen
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5750416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vndnbrgj
    It depends upon what you are trying to do.
    What kind of business are you trying to start? Online or offline?
    How much capital do you have?
    I know you said you don't have enough to start a freight brokerage... but the bond alone costs $10k
    Do you want to get into freight?
    Have you considered being a freight agent for the trucking companies?
    Signature
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone
    - Neale Donald Wilson -
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5750453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
    Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

    What would be some home based businesses with low start-up costs and with potentials to make big bucks?
    Almost anything you can do online is scalable and has a low start-up cost. But IF you're just trying to get some ideas to open your mind, then you should check Business Tips for Successful Startups
    Signature
    People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5750495].message }}

Trending Topics