New Local Lead Capture Site Done. Check It Out!

61 replies
I took this down for the following reasons:

1) Other members here are contacting my client to offer the same services that I am currently providing. This was the icing on the cake that really pissed me off! (Anyone know Paul Keyes?)

2) Apparently, I trusted members of the WF too much to show them a link to my site. I did it in good faith to be of help to other Warriors. But thanks to whoever Paul Keyes is, I no longer trust that WF is a good place to offer help and show real time examples.

3) I've been getting PM's offering me $25 if I'd clone it for them. Way to go guys. So glad you chose to devalue the services that guys like me offer.

Special thanks to those that trampled on my trust (Paul Keyes, whoever or whatever you are).
#capture #check #lead #leads #local #site #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    Looks great! Do you have an alternative version for split testing??? Just asking not pointing fingers.

    Also I noticed that the images aren't optimized on the samples page.
    Consider going back and re-naming them to be geo and keyword optimized.
    The header image should be optimized as well, currently its just named header11.jpg.

    Additionally, go here and enter the address for the business location. Copy the code provided to a notepad file. Install a free WP plugin that lets you manage the header/footer areas if you don't already have one, and then paste the code into the plugin admin panel.

    I know you didn't ask but I just noticed so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

    Great page too! = )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5819361].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      Looks great! Do you have an alternative version for split testing??? Just asking not pointing fingers.

      Also I noticed that the images aren't optimized on the samples page.
      Consider going back and re-naming them to be geo and keyword optimized.
      The header image should be optimized as well, currently its just named header11.jpg.

      Additionally, go here and enter the address for the business location. Copy the code provided to a notepad file. Install a free WP plugin that lets you manage the header/footer areas if you don't already have one, and then paste the code into the plugin admin panel.

      I know you didn't ask but I just noticed so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

      Great page too! = )

      Kudos Russ.

      To any one who missed it, that's how you help a fellow warrior out!
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5819558].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maricelu
      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      Looks great! Do you have an alternative version for split testing??? Just asking not pointing fingers.

      Also I noticed that the images aren't optimized on the samples page.
      Consider going back and re-naming them to be geo and keyword optimized.
      The header image should be optimized as well, currently its just named header11.jpg.

      Additionally, go here and enter the address for the business location. Copy the code provided to a notepad file. Install a free WP plugin that lets you manage the header/footer areas if you don't already have one, and then paste the code into the plugin admin panel.

      I know you didn't ask but I just noticed so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

      Great page too! = )
      That's a cool feature to use. Recently, I found in Google Webmaster Tools that there is an option named "Geographic target" (Site configuration => Settings) which I believe is something similar to what you just wrote. There you can select only the country, and let me quote the "Learn More" link from there which I believe is very important.

      "If your content is aimed at users in a specific region, geotargeting helps Google improve how it appears in search results. Geotargeting is only available for sites with a neutral top-level domain (like .com or .org). To leave your site untargeted, select Unlisted ..."

      Now go check by yourself.
      Signature

      I have no signature.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5820108].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      Looks great! Do you have an alternative version for split testing??? Just asking not pointing fingers.

      Also I noticed that the images aren't optimized on the samples page.
      Consider going back and re-naming them to be geo and keyword optimized.
      The header image should be optimized as well, currently its just named header11.jpg.

      Additionally, go here and enter the address for the business location. Copy the code provided to a notepad file. Install a free WP plugin that lets you manage the header/footer areas if you don't already have one, and then paste the code into the plugin admin panel.

      I know you didn't ask but I just noticed so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

      Great page too! = )
      Rus,

      Thanks for the tips! I'm going to tidy this up and follow your advice.

      Thanks for your help.

      Rich
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5820625].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daryl Green
      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      Install a free WP plugin that lets you manage the header/footer areas if you don't already have one, and then paste the code into the plugin admin panel.
      @Russ What's the name of the plugin please for putting geocode into.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5912901].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
        Header Footer,


        Just search those terms from inside wordpress and tons of plugins will display, any of them should do fine.

        Originally Posted by Daryl Green View Post

        @Russ What's the name of the plugin please for putting geocode into.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6184149].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      Looks great! Do you have an alternative version for split testing??? Just asking not pointing fingers.

      Also I noticed that the images aren't optimized on the samples page.
      Consider going back and re-naming them to be geo and keyword optimized.
      The header image should be optimized as well, currently its just named header11.jpg.

      Additionally, go here and enter the address for the business location. Copy the code provided to a notepad file. Install a free WP plugin that lets you manage the header/footer areas if you don't already have one, and then paste the code into the plugin admin panel.

      I know you didn't ask but I just noticed so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

      Great page too! = )
      Russ,

      Knocked it all out just as you prescribed.

      Thanks for the insight! I think I and the rest of the readers picked up a few golden nuggets just from your suggestions.

      The Header/Footer plugin was extremely easy to find and implement with the code you suggested to add.

      Thanks again!

      Rich
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5914337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author globalpro
    Russ nailed it on his helpful critique.

    Just want to add well done. Nice looking site.

    Thanks,

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5819839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author K Kumar
    Site looks nice!

    Is their a "ready made" lead gen wordpress theme that looks like that available anywhere?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5819994].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by Superman1 View Post

      Site looks nice!

      Is their a "ready made" lead gen wordpress theme that looks like that available anywhere?
      I could never find one that I really liked. Mystique is free and downloadable from the Wordpress site.

      It has more capabilities, but I didn't use them all here.

      Rich
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5828605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrtrance
    Good looking site. A few questions though.

    Did you setup the site before hand as generic lead capture for "dallas kitchen remodeling", monitored what sort of traffic/leads you got before going out and finding a client to rent it?

    Are you renting the site on a monthly basis or doing a pay per lead?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5820102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by mrtrance View Post

      Good looking site. A few questions though.

      Did you setup the site before hand as generic lead capture for "dallas kitchen remodeling", monitored what sort of traffic/leads you got before going out and finding a client to rent it?

      Are you renting the site on a monthly basis or doing a pay per lead?
      No I didn't evaluate the traffic, etc. and build the site first.

      The client hired me and paid a flat fee to have the site built and pays a monthly fee for the ongoing marketing services.

      He sought me out and asked me to help him get more leads.

      I did the keyword research and found that kitchen remodeling is what people are looking for in his area. I'll be adding blog entries later on that are optimized for other keywords related to his niche.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5828621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RentItNow
    Looks really good rich. Just a few typos specifically on the privacy notice and maybe use a custom favicon.
    Signature
    I have no agenda but to help those in the same situation. This I feel will pay the bills.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5820559].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by RentItNow View Post

      Looks really good rich. Just a few typos specifically on the privacy notice and maybe use a custom favicon.

      Thanks for the tips.

      I visited your site. Love it!!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5828642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mojo1
    Really nice site. Which came first, the site building or the client?

    Just curious if you built and ranked the site before landing your client?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5821163].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by mojo1 View Post

      Really nice site. Which came first, the site building or the client?

      Just curious if you built and ranked the site before landing your client?
      The client came first.

      I'm still executing the marketing plan to get it ranked.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5828647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AnthonyCurtis
    Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
    Signature
    Anthony Curtis -- Udemy Instructor
    Learn to Buy Facebook Ads, Linkedin Ads & Many More for
    Pennies on the Dollar with RTB (Real Time Bidding)

    Warrior Special Offer... $7 to $47 DIMESALE for Lifetime Access and Updates
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5821979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelplies
    very nice. just don't forget to change to a costum favicon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5822383].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by michaelplies View Post

      very nice. just don't forget to change to a costum favicon

      Thanks. I'll do just that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5828650].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by michaelplies View Post

      very nice. just don't forget to change to a costum favicon
      I changed it. Thanks for your advice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5913867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author racso316
    Awesome looking site. Very clean and professional. Thanks for sharing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5823230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tracy411
    Hi Rich,

    That really is a very clean, professional-looking site. Great job! Thanks so much for sharing this example with us That is incredibly generous of you.

    Tracy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5825519].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iInvent
    Thanks for sharing!! The newbie is taking it all in
    Signature

    Thanks for reading!

    Chantal
    "Before you try to satisfy the client, understand and satisfy the person."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5828628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
    I like the site overall, its one of the better lead gen sites Ive seen. Just one thought you may want to test if initial conversions are not what is expected.
    I like the free sink gimmick BUT IT Kind of presupposes the person is ready to buy. Maybe something that offers a free estimate or some kind of guide like "7 things must know before hiring a remodeling contractor" will get more leads that the sale people can close later and then use the Free Kitchen sink as the sweetener.

    Good luck with ranking as it looks like a pretty darn competitive market out there.
    Signature
    Promise Big.
    Deliver Bigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5829305].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
      Eddie,

      You make a good point which also shows us that there are different segments of the buying process. What he could do is test three offers and see which one converts the best. This will indicate what buying process his visitors are in based on the offer.

      For example: 24 Hour emergency plumbers shouldn't be giving away a free report when most visitors have an emergency and need to make a decision now. hehe

      Originally Posted by Eddie Spangler View Post

      I like the site overall, its one of the better lead gen sites Ive seen. Just one thought you may want to test if initial conversions are not what is expected.
      I like the free sink gimmick BUT IT Kind of presupposes the person is ready to buy. Maybe something that offers a free estimate or some kind of guide like "7 things must know before hiring a remodeling contractor" will get more leads that the sale people can close later and then use the Free Kitchen sink as the sweetener.

      Good luck with ranking as it looks like a pretty darn competitive market out there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5829399].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nspire
        Very nice, professional looking site!

        I think you have capture the most important information that a someone looking for his type of work would be looking for. His contact information, samples of his work and testimonies. All very easy to locate.

        Good Job!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5831969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jspmedia
    Originally Posted by marketingrep4u View Post

    I just finished this site:

    Dallas Kitchen Remodeling | (940) 536-3994 in Dallas, Texas

    I wanted to show it for other warriors to use as an example for their local clients.

    Here is some information about the site:
    • It's Wordpress.
    • I used the free theme called 'Mystique'.
    • The video is streaming from YouTube.
    • The lead capture devices and forms are all Contact 7 plugin (free)
    • The home page copy was from a writer on fiverr.com
    • The voice over in the video was from a provider on fiverr.com
    • The video is an Adobe After Effects template that I purchased from Videohive.net.
    • I hired an After Effects guru from oDesk to build the video using the pieces mentioned above and some images that I provided.
    • I did everything else in building the site myself.
    • The domain is keyword loaded.
    NOTE: I like using .info domains for several reasons. 1) They're always 99 cents when you buy them from 1and1.com for the 1st year. 2) Most .com, .net, and .org's are already taken or they're premium domains that cost an arm and a leg. 3) If you execute your online marketing campaign better than your competitors, the domain extension really doesn't matter.



    I hope you guys find value in this as an example while you're building these for your clients.


    This client is under contract with us and now we're executing the marketing plan to get more local leads.


    Anyway, I hope this helps you as you're looking for ways to do this kind of thing for your clients.


    Cheers,



    Rich
    RIch,

    Can you provide us Fiverr You used? Home Copywrite and voiceover?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5894159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vndnbrgj
    What is the site ranking for?
    Signature
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone
    - Neale Donald Wilson -
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5894325].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lee M
      The site looks fine ... but from a hacker standpoint ... it's a "sitting duck." First, because it's a Wordpress site and secondly because basic safeguards have not been put in place.
      Signature
      Working from Home since 1991
      (Well before anyone knew it could be done!)

      “Observe your competitors, for they first find your faults.”
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5905761].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ryanmckinney
        Originally Posted by Lee M View Post

        The site looks fine ... but from a hacker standpoint ... it's a "sitting duck." First, because it's a Wordpress site and secondly because basic safeguards have not been put in place.

        heed this warning. My WP site was hacked (one of them), malicious content was put on my server. Anyone trying to open the site virus protector would pop up and/or shut down computers.

        I had a nice mail campaign out,and usually get a call or two back. Didn't get one call back. It was then brought to my attention by another Warrior that I had the problem, hostgator fixed everything, but I lost out on any sales from it.

        About 2 days later, I got a nasty phone call from one of the business owners who went to check out my site, and the site I had already ranked in the industry (from the mailer), since he thought I was purposely trying to give them a virus. Needless to say, he did not become a client.

        Ryan
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5906309].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author iInvent
          Does this mean that a WP site is easily hackable??
          Signature

          Thanks for reading!

          Chantal
          "Before you try to satisfy the client, understand and satisfy the person."

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5906324].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ryanmckinney
            Originally Posted by iInvent View Post

            Does this mean that a WP site is easily hackable??

            Yes.

            As soon as I can move my sites away from it I am. Just can't right now.

            Ryan
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5907099].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author baconman
        Originally Posted by Lee M View Post

        The site looks fine ... but from a hacker standpoint ... it's a "sitting duck." First, because it's a Wordpress site and secondly because basic safeguards have not been put in place.
        Care to share what he can do to improve the security of his site?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5906334].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ivanela33
          Originally Posted by baconman View Post

          Care to share what he can do to improve the security of his site?
          Here are some things that can be done to protect a WP site:

          First off, use wppadlock to secure any site and will make it harder for hackers to break into your site easily.

          1.Updating WordPress and plug-ins to the latest version - Get the latest security updates.
          2.Disable directory browsing - prevent people or bots from accessing site directories that do not have index files.
          3.Set strong passwords for your WordPress administrative login
          4.Configure robots.txt file to disallow search engine robots from indexing subfolder contents.
          5.Set file and folder permissions to better protect files from being written to.
          6.Hide version of WordPress that your site is running. If hackers do not know what version of WordPress you are using, it can make it more difficult to exploit known security holes with that version.
          7.Set up captchas on contact forms, comments forms, and login.
          8.Password protect the wp-admin folder. This will set up a login screen to access the WordPress admin login page, which will then require another login to access the WP administration area.
          9.Restrict access to wp-config.php. This is a key configuration file which includes database access information.
          10.Installing the following WordPress plugins:
          a.WordPress File Monitor - Monitor files under your WordPress installation for changes. When a change occurs, you will be notified via email.
          b.WP-MalWatch - Performs a nightly scan of WordPress looking for evidence of malware.
          c.TAC (Theme Authenticity Checker) - Scan theme files for potentially malicious or unwanted code.
          d.Audit Trail - Keeps track of what is going on in your site by monitoring and logging administration functions.
          e.WP Secure - Performs 23 basic security activities and also runs malware scan.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5907993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rangerd
    Looks good! Thanks for the tips
    Signature

    Discover Marketing Technology with Ritz like service at Quality Inn pricing. Also keeping fit with the 7 minute workout 3 times a week.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5905785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seantrepreneur
    Hey looks really good. I've got a few suggestions for you.

    Your Facebook and Twitter buttons take you off the page. You want to be sure to keep the visitor on your site instead of sending them somewhere else. Do this by having these open in a different window.

    I personally like to build a up a small following before I put the social media buttons up. Also, it brings me too a place page on Google that is telling me to visit their new site "homebuilderindenton.info". Set up a business page for them and try to get like 30 "likes". No one wants to be the first. Same goes for twitter.

    You should optimize your page extensions.

    The video is a tad bit long. Typically you want to keep your homepage video to under 2 minutes. Peoples attention span's are incredibility short.

    Beside those few minor things I think it looks great. I love the simplicity of it and the strong calls to action all over. I hope you don't take my advice as criticism just trying to help a fellow Warrior out!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Sean
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5906144].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
      Originally Posted by Seantrepreneur View Post

      Hey looks really good. I've got a few suggestions for you.

      Your Facebook and Twitter buttons take you off the page. You want to be sure to keep the visitor on your site instead of sending them somewhere else. Do this by having these open in a different window.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Sean
      Good Lord, I thought I was the only one. I've been preaching this for years now.

      There are few things in marketing that are as fundamentally illogical as investing real money to build and attract people to a new website where they can do business with you, and then sending them away to a website where they can't.

      To many people have the Me Too Syndrome about facebook.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911112].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by Seantrepreneur View Post

      Hey looks really good. I've got a few suggestions for you.

      Your Facebook and Twitter buttons take you off the page. You want to be sure to keep the visitor on your site instead of sending them somewhere else. Do this by having these open in a different window.

      I personally like to build a up a small following before I put the social media buttons up. Also, it brings me too a place page on Google that is telling me to visit their new site "homebuilderindenton.info". Set up a business page for them and try to get like 30 "likes". No one wants to be the first. Same goes for twitter.

      You should optimize your page extensions.

      The video is a tad bit long. Typically you want to keep your homepage video to under 2 minutes. Peoples attention span's are incredibility short.

      Beside those few minor things I think it looks great. I love the simplicity of it and the strong calls to action all over. I hope you don't take my advice as criticism just trying to help a fellow Warrior out!

      Thanks for sharing!

      Sean
      I made the adjustment for the social icons to open a new page. I'm still working on the other suggestions.

      Thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5913891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    Care to share why you haven't optimized your images yet?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5906586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      Care to share why you haven't optimized your images yet?
      Make A Wish Foundation sent my family and I on a long trip to see the Mouse in Orlando.

      (My 4 year old daughter is a 2 time cancer survivor.)

      Needless to say, I've been out of town and haven't addressed this or the other suggestions provided by the awesome people of this forum.

      We just flew back into the DFW area a earlier today and I'll be addressing everything this week.

      Thanks again for your feedback.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5910998].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ronr
        Wow so sorry to hear about your trials with your daughter's health. I hope she and your family enjoyed your Disney trip and that better things are in store for the future.

        Ron


        Originally Posted by marketingrep4u View Post

        Make A Wish Foundation sent my family and I on a long trip to see the Mouse in Orlando.

        (My 4 year old daughter is a 2 time cancer survivor.)

        Needless to say, I've been out of town and haven't addressed this or the other suggestions provided by the awesome people of this forum.

        We just flew back into the DFW area a earlier today and I'll be addressing everything this week.

        Thanks again for your feedback.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5915122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rolltide
    Ryan,
    I am sorry to hear this happened to you. Not sure if you saw my post last week but the same thing happened to 2 of my sites.
    Signature

    Make $150 everytime someone backs up their computer!
    http://goo.gl/07M6K

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5907203].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanmckinney
      Originally Posted by rolltide View Post

      Ryan,
      I am sorry to hear this happened to you. Not sure if you saw my post last week but the same thing happened to 2 of my sites.

      Yea its a pain, oh well, over with now lol movin' forward!

      It was always one of those things "it'll never happen to me" - and it did.

      Maybe I'll win the 356 million meg millions drawing, I got 5 on it!

      Ryan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5907341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jon Paella
    Thanks for sharing your site marketingrep4u.

    It looks good and has given me some ideas. Thanks to others for the suggestions too as we can all learn from them.

    One thing that struck me is that the name of the business wasn't mentioned clearly. I know it's in the header, but that wasn't very clear. In fact, I was trying to find the name of the business. Would it be good to put it more clearly in the header image? What do others think?

    The theme looks pretty good. I've also been trying to find a good offline theme in which I can do the same thing as you're doing.

    Question: Which videohive template did you buy and how much did you pay the odesk to customize it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5907281].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by Jon Paella View Post

      Thanks for sharing your site marketingrep4u.

      It looks good and has given me some ideas. Thanks to others for the suggestions too as we can all learn from them.

      One thing that struck me is that the name of the business wasn't mentioned clearly. I know it's in the header, but that wasn't very clear. In fact, I was trying to find the name of the business. Would it be good to put it more clearly in the header image? What do others think?

      The theme looks pretty good. I've also been trying to find a good offline theme in which I can do the same thing as you're doing.

      Question: Which videohive template did you buy and how much did you pay the odesk to customize it?

      Videohive template: After Effects Project Files - The Label | VideoHive

      oDesk Video Provider: https://www.odesk.com/users/~~d4deaa8a377d718b?sid=28001

      (The oDesk profile is restricted for viewing to oDesk customers only. You won't be able to click on the link above to see any info until you login to oDesk. Sorry. Not my rules.)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5914666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tapont71
    Man...that site came out really good. I have a couple of Mystic sites but couldn't get them to show as nice as this one. Care to share your CSS? Also, I'd like to also find out who your Fiverr guy was for your homepage copy.

    But awesome job on the site. Who says free can't be good?
    Signature

    We are the top painting company in Jacksonville Florida. Come check us out and see how we can help with your painting needs.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5908613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingrep4u
      Originally Posted by tapont71 View Post

      Man...that site came out really good. I have a couple of Mystic sites but couldn't get them to show as nice as this one. Care to share your CSS? Also, I'd like to also find out who your Fiverr guy was for your homepage copy.

      But awesome job on the site. Who says free can't be good?

      I made the CSS adjustments on the fly. I use Firefox as my browser and there's an Add-on called Firebug.

      Firebug allows you to mouse over an item and it will display the actual code and CSS code. It allows you to modify the CSS and view it in real time. The only downside is that you have to keep track of the changes and go in and manually make the changes to the CSS file.

      I use NotePad++ to make the CSS changes.

      Are you asking me to send the actual CSS file to you? If so, I can do that, but I'll need your email address.

      The Copywriter Fiverr Provider is: write a very effective 30 second audio or video script for $5 - lparziale

      Thanks for the encouraging words!

      Rich
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5914611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author electronik69
    Simple and too the point which I love, but I think you should Google Places optimise it so add maps in the contact us, and use geo targeted keyword optimisation, I feel you know enough to know what I am talking about.
    Signature
    If it doesn't sell, it isn't creative - David Ogilvy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5912566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author redlegrich
    Daryl, the plugin is called Header and Footer.

    WordPress › Header and Footer « WordPress Plugins
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5914934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author t3ster
    Nice looking page, but you should add maybe an lock icon the privacy disclaimer so it looks more secure. Just look at iconfinder dot com Also I would suggest, making the lead form with a bit darker background so it stands out of the rest of the page, but I'm not sure if this is possibe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5916512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbishop
    Wow this is the best site review I've seen on WF. Thank you! So many people are afraid to share their url to an actual project!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5917943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author winnerman
    Could you tell us what length of contract do U sign up for?
    Signature

    If a man can conceive , believe he will therefore achieve

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6178002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrtrance
    Originally Posted by marketingrep4u View Post

    I just finished this site:

    Dallas Kitchen Remodeling | (940) 536-3994 in Dallas, Texas

    I wanted to show it for other warriors to use as an example for their local clients.

    Here is some information about the site:
    • It's Wordpress.
    • I used the free theme called 'Mystique'.
    • The video is streaming from YouTube.
    • The lead capture devices and forms are all Contact 7 plugin (free)
    • The home page copy was from a writer on fiverr.com
    • The voice over in the video was from a provider on fiverr.com
    • The video is an Adobe After Effects template that I purchased from Videohive.net.
    • I hired an After Effects guru from oDesk to build the video using the pieces mentioned above and some images that I provided.
    • I did everything else in building the site myself.
    • The domain is keyword loaded.
    NOTE: I like using .info domains for several reasons. 1) They're always 99 cents when you buy them from 1and1.com for the 1st year. 2) Most .com, .net, and .org's are already taken or they're premium domains that cost an arm and a leg. 3) If you execute your online marketing campaign better than your competitors, the domain extension really doesn't matter.



    I hope you guys find value in this as an example while you're building these for your clients.


    This client is under contract with us and now we're executing the marketing plan to get more local leads.


    Anyway, I hope this helps you as you're looking for ways to do this kind of thing for your clients.


    Cheers,



    Rich
    What sort of traffic is the site getting on a monthly basis? Out of this traffic how many are actually calling or filling in the contact form? I did a search for "dallas kitchen remodeling" and the site does not rank on the 1st page so I was wondering how is the site getting traffic?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6179889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    Great site for an inexperienced marketer like myself to learn by. Although I'm curious if you're trying to get all your leads from youtube or somewhere else.

    I also thought it was interesting that you picked a theme that appears to be the most boring one wordpress has. I've waste tons of time downloading some really fancy themes, but this one is so simple and spacious I decided to use it myself.

    Now if I can only figure out the SEO "keyword loading" part, I should be good lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6183806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gg282
    After doing some research trying to find this free Mystique WP theme... Seems there is more than one Mystique theme out there. Could someone kindly post a link to the theme used in the OP example. Thank you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6216922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    /\ Its the mystique theme within wordpress. If you go to "install themes", then search "mystique" it will pop up.

    That was how I found it. Although I decided to go with another theme.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6216982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edem_sosu
    Daryl thank you for sharing your site with us.I have learnt a lot just by reading your post.
    Any chance of you sharing the css.

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6302436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    Well I am sorry to hear that some people around here don't have any idea about professional courtesy and as such I hope they totally FAIL.

    Actually they have ZERO business being in business if they have to resort to these types of tactics. That goes for any one in my book, WF member or not.

    Originally Posted by marketingrep4u View Post

    I took this down for the following reasons:

    1) Other members here are contacting my client to offer the same services that I am currently providing. This was the icing on the cake that really pissed me off! (Anyone know Paul Keyes?)

    2) Apparently, I trusted members of the WF too much to show them a link to my site. I did it in good faith to be of help to other Warriors. But thanks to whoever Paul Keyes is, I no longer trust that WF is a good place to offer help and show real time examples.

    3) I've been getting PM's offering me $25 if I'd clone it for them. Way to go guys. So glad you chose to devalue the services that guys like me offer.

    Special thanks to those that trampled on my trust (Paul Keyes, whoever or whatever you are).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
    Originally Posted by marketingrep4u View Post

    I took this down for the following reasons:

    1) Other members here are contacting my client to offer the same services that I am currently providing. This was the icing on the cake that really pissed me off! (Anyone know Paul Keyes?)

    2) Apparently, I trusted members of the WF too much to show them a link to my site. I did it in good faith to be of help to other Warriors. But thanks to whoever Paul Keyes is, I no longer trust that WF is a good place to offer help and show real time examples.

    3) I've been getting PM's offering me $25 if I'd clone it for them. Way to go guys. So glad you chose to devalue the services that guys like me offer.

    Special thanks to those that trampled on my trust (Paul Keyes, whoever or whatever you are).
    Sorry to hear about that man. This is EXACTLY why I have never revealed my local directory site that I built and coded from scratch. 've had all sorts of PM's from people practically begging me and offering me money to get access to the domain to "check it out". No way, no how.

    I know my site will be seen by others eventually, but I'd rather keep that exposure limited to my own city and suburban area, rather than post it publicly here and have others pick it apart, copy/clone it and use it for their own financial gain. Worked too damn hard on it to have all that happen.
    Signature
    Want to speed up your writing and save time?
    This book will show you how:
    --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6305612].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author umc
      Wow OP, that sucks. It doesn't shock me much though, sadly. Put a bunch of marketers in a room, all looking for angles, and some will go after your business if they see an opening. I contacted someone on here for a logo and let them know in the comments that I was interested in the services that they had paid to offer on here, and someone else pm'ed me trying to get in on the interest that they saw from my response to that ad. Needless to say, I won't use that person ever because I don't respect their tactics. Sorry you tried to help and had people do that to you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6308277].message }}

Trending Topics