SUCCESS!!! How I got $17,240 Set-Up and $6400/month

56 replies
Okay, I don't visit the WF often.

But today, after stopping by and noticing a few negative posts...

I wanted to get a positive thread going to inspire those who are still searching for their success in local online marketing.

Please share your success stories, and help broaden the vision of those just now starting to build their local marketing business.

One of our favorite deals I wanted to share, is with a contractor that paid us $17,240 up front to set up several targeted minisites (wordpress on keyword optimized domains for different cities he serviced).

He also pays us $6400/mo for backlinking and simple content updates.

We outsourced almost all of it to our team overseas (Philippines and Bangladesh) and it cost us very little to do the initial set up, and costs around $1000/mo for the ongoing backlinking/content generation.

It's a great deal for us and for the client. It was easy to set up, the customer was great, and he easily made his investment back within a couple months just from getting a few new jobs that came thru his minisites.

We make a very nice profit on the deal, and the client makes a ton of $ off the new business he receives from our efforts.

We got the client initially thru networking in our local community and doing a few professionally written articles for him to start off the relationship. So, it started by doing a quality job on something small and then selling bigger services from there.

The contractor is still one of our clients today and has gone on to spend more than $80,000 with us for various one-off and monthly services.

Last time I spoke to this client, his business was booming and he is stoked. (He refers tons of other clients our way too.)

This is the win-win situation you're looking for and is what real business and entrepreneurship is all about.

I wanted to share this to encourage YOU to get out there and hustle, do a quality job, and help businesses be successful thru your knowledge of online marketing.

Find the ones who understand the value of marketing and are willing to invest in it to build their business. They need your help!

This is only one example of our success in local marketing and I'm sure others have bigger and/or better stories to share too.

What kind of successes have you had (big or small)?

Keep this thread positive and share your successes to inspire the readers below!


#$17 #$6400 #240 #initial #local #marketer #month #offline #setup #success
  • Profile picture of the author AfteraDream
    Awesome story!

    Not as confident in skills but working on it..

    Best of luck to you, hope to hear more stories from you in future!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    Gosh... and you wonder why there are negative posts? Probably because we can see through the people that are posting exaggerated stories and reality.

    Negative posts, I assume you mean people calling out the BS in here. Just like this thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FormerWageSlave
    So tell me, what was your client's ROI?
    Signature

    grrr...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232332].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adevictus
    I'm not liking the way the offline SEO services world works...

    Client pays you x amount to do a job, you outsource x job at a fraction of the price.

    You make it sound like you are screwing this client for every last dollar.
    Signature

    It's all about the money...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232398].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanmckinney
      Originally Posted by Adevictus View Post

      I'm not liking the way the offline SEO services world works...

      Client pays you x amount to do a job, you outsource x job at a fraction of the price.

      You make it sound like you are screwing this client for every last dollar.
      Huh? Well you can own a business that makes no money ... Fine by me .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232885].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vndnbrgj
      Originally Posted by Adevictus View Post

      I'm not liking the way the offline SEO services world works...

      Client pays you x amount to do a job, you outsource x job at a fraction of the price.

      You make it sound like you are screwing this client for every last dollar.
      Are you uneducated in the world of business????

      Quick run down....

      You sell for A, and it costs you B
      The difference (or C) is what's known as profit.
      That is how businesses continue to operate. :rolleyes:

      So... A-B=C
      Signature
      Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone
      - Neale Donald Wilson -
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232896].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Adevictus
        Originally Posted by ryanmckinney View Post

        Huh? Well you can own a business that makes no money ... Fine by me .
        Originally Posted by vndnbrgj View Post

        Are you uneducated in the world of business????

        Quick run down....

        You sell for A, and it costs you B
        The difference (or C) is what's known as profit.
        That is how businesses continue to operate. :rolleyes:

        So... A-B=C
        This goes without saying. It was purely due the nature of the OP's claims that I question the integrity of his business.

        Let's get it straight, if someone is paying the said amounts he is getting screwed. That is like paying $500 for a sloppy car wash when you can get a better one for $10 down the street.

        SEO is a pretty standard service for any business these days and to provide $1000 of actual SEO for $6000 is robbery or a lie.

        Had the OP come at us with some reasonable numbers I would have thought nothing of it.
        Signature

        It's all about the money...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232946].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
          Originally Posted by Adevictus View Post

          This goes without saying. It was purely due the nature of the OP's claims that I question the integrity of his business.
          Integrity of his business, or existence of his business? lol.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232977].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
          Originally Posted by Adevictus View Post

          This goes without saying. It was purely due the nature of the OP's claims that I question the integrity of his business.

          Let's get it straight, if someone is paying the said amounts he is getting screwed. That is like paying $500 for a sloppy car wash when you can get a better one for $10 down the street.

          SEO is a pretty standard service for any business these days and to provide $1000 of actual SEO for $6000 is robbery or a lie.

          Had the OP come at us with some reasonable numbers I would have thought nothing of it.
          Regardless if the op is fos (99.9 percet) or not (.1 percent)

          Still dont think you understand business. There is no such thing as a standard seo service

          The price one pays for service is not as important as the value provided to him.
          If I charge a guy 6k a month for seo and it makes him money then he still got a good deal.

          Who are you to judge what someone else is allowed to make, if you wish to underprice your services then go ahead , work for less. That doesnt make someone who knows there value and prices accordingly a crook though.
          Signature
          Promise Big.
          Deliver Bigger.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233009].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Adevictus
            Originally Posted by Eddie Spangler View Post

            Regardless if the op is fos (99.9 percet) or not (.1 percent)

            Still dont think you understand business. There is no such thing as a standard seo service

            The price one pays for service is not as important as the value provided to him.
            If I charge a guy 6k a month for seo and it makes him money then he still got a good deal.

            Who are you to judge what someone else is allowed to make, if you wish to underprice your services then go ahead , work for less. That doesnt make someone who knows there value and prices accordingly a crook though.
            I never mentioned that there is a standard SEO service, I mentioned that investing in SEO/SEO service has become a standard for most any business.

            If this guy wants to tell us he did nothing but broker SEO deals to the Philippines/Bangladesh for outrageous prices I will call him a crook or a phony all day.

            Don't come at me with values and prices either, did you read the thread?
            Signature

            It's all about the money...

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233039].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
              Originally Posted by Adevictus View Post

              I never mentioned that there is a standard SEO service, I mentioned that investing in SEO/SEO service has become a standard for most any business.

              If this guy wants to tell us he did nothing but broker SEO deals to the Philippines/Bangladesh for outrageous prices I will call him a crook or a phony all day.

              Don't come at me with values and prices either, did you read the thread?
              So what, if you run a SEO business you, yourself, are meant to do all of the SEO?

              So the moment you hire a helper (be it local or overseas) - you should be classified as a crook?

              With your logic, every single business in existence (pretty much) is a 'crook or a phony'.

              Dude, you've made a mistake; acknowledge it and move along. This is a business. If you do not agree, don't hang around on a business / money making forum.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233110].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Adevictus
                Originally Posted by krzysiek View Post

                So what, if you run a SEO business you, yourself, are meant to do all of the SEO?

                So the moment you hire a helper (be it local or overseas) - you should be classified as a crook?

                With your logic, every single business in existence (pretty much) is a 'crook or a phony'.

                Dude, you've made a mistake; acknowledge it and move along. This is a business. If you do not agree, don't hang around on a business / money making forum.
                Don't take what I'm saying out of context.
                This is a very specific situation with very specific numbers and circumstances involved (as far as the OP articulated).

                I'm grilling the numbers, not the concept of business...
                Signature

                It's all about the money...

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233129].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
                  Originally Posted by Adevictus View Post

                  Don't take what I'm saying out of context.
                  This is a very specific situation with very specific numbers and circumstances involved (as far as the OP articulated).

                  I'm grilling the numbers, not the concept of business...
                  If I took it out of context, I do apologise. However, I do not believe I was doing that.

                  While I do not with to derail this thread any more (and will likely stop posting after this post) I do want to say you were not only grilling the numbers, you were clearly grilling the concept of business.

                  You called him a crook and a phony, did you not? I am quite sure that is relating to his way of (concept) of doing business. You feel the profit margin he wants to make is too high - again, relating to his business.

                  In the end, this arguement / discussion is of little value so we should stop it here; all I was pointing out is that if you don't want to charge as much as possible (while still making the client more money) then that is fine. But please do not discourage others into thinking the same way you do, as again - the idea of how much to charge is subjective, person to person. Your level just seems to be lower than mine (which is fine) - but you shouldn't openly call people out for charging as much as they feel they can, while still providing value.

                  Of course, I am not insinuating whether the OP is telling the truth or not. In our circumstance, that is of little importance.

                  Carry on, good day
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233155].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan B Rusu
      Originally Posted by Adevictus View Post

      I'm not liking the way the offline SEO services world works...

      Client pays you x amount to do a job, you outsource x job at a fraction of the price.

      You make it sound like you are screwing this client for every last dollar.
      This is basically how all businesses work. To use a simple example: A company charges $100/hour for their employee's time, but pays them $30/hour. This can be broken down in every business - just calculate the time it takes to develop the product/service - but one of the most straightforward to look at is consulting companies like mckinsey. They bill at $200/hr and pay consultants $50/hr (hypotetical #s of course).

      The value he's adding here is that 1. he has the information and connections for the outsources, 2. he is managing everything. Valued-added reseller might be another way to look at it.

      But I do agree with you, charging $17k for something that costs $1000 for your outsourcers is a bit extreme. But who knows, maybe his ROI has been off the wall and he is extremely happy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6251763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
    Nice STORY

    Signature
    Promise Big.
    Deliver Bigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan Donrew
    Wow, That is awesome! Congrats mate!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cay78
    How did you land on $17,240?! And who in their right mind would pay that kind of money upfront and then go on to spend $6,400 a month?? If it's true, more power to you, but I will say this to the "new" people here....stuff like this rarely ever happens....possible? Yes, it's possible, but not probable. Best of Luck!
    Signature

    There are 2 types of people in this world....those who get it and those who don't. The ones that get it know exactly what we are talking about. The ones who don't are left scratching their heads.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmckinney
    Lol lol , what's sad is all of the people that will believe this.

    It's getting hard to even come in this sub forum any more and see the garbage shoveled out ..

    Luckily , there are still quality posters lurking , far and few between , but enough ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author liindsay
    Nice story.

    You never know, some people are REALLY uneducated when it comes to the internet and especially something like SEO.

    All you need to be able to do I guess, is make them believe that they need it, and you could have people paying that sort of money.

    Congrats if you're making that money off 1 client!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6232922].message }}
    • Originally Posted by liindsay View Post

      Nice story.

      You never know, some people are REALLY uneducated when it comes to the internet and especially something like SEO.

      All you need to be able to do I guess, is make them believe that they need it, and you could have people paying that sort of money.

      Congrats if you're making that money off 1 client!
      Thanks Liiindsay.

      The vast majority of business owners are definitely uneducated in online marketing... their expertise is usually in their craft.

      They've spent their time learning how to do whatever it is they are in business to do (doctor, plumber, chiropractor, etc.) and people pay them every single day for their knowledge and expertise.

      Our craft is internet marketing because that is what we've invested our time and money learning to do well, and people pay us every single day for our knowledge and expertise.

      It's easy to think that everybody knows this stuff when hanging out in spots like this where a lot of people are continually educated on this topic.

      But outside of here... in the real world... very few people know this stuff... and have little desire to know it...

      They would rather pay someone like you or me to do it for them so they can spend time on the many other things that interest them.

      Recognize the real world value of what you know, and you'll see how YOUR expertise can help business owners tremendously.
      Signature
      ------

      Those who focus on the beauty of life, receive it... those who focus on the ugly in life, receive it... choose your focus wisely.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6235242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
    Forget the op for a moment

    Why does someone who pays 1k for seo services and turn around and sells it for 6k get labeled as a crook, assuming that it provides results for end client.
    Signature
    Promise Big.
    Deliver Bigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adevictus
      Originally Posted by Eddie Spangler View Post

      Forget the op for a moment

      Why does someone who pays 1k for seo services and turn around and sells it for 6k get labeled as a crook, assuming that it provides results for end client.
      That is a completely different situation.
      If you look at the numbers involved with the OP they are absolutely ridiculous.

      I have nothing against a business that makes a good multiple, provided they are adding some sort of value.
      Signature

      It's all about the money...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233106].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
        Originally Posted by Adevictus View Post

        That is a completely different situation.
        If you look at the numbers involved with the OP they are absolutely ridiculous.

        I have nothing against a business that makes a good multiple, provided they are adding some sort of value.
        Wow, contradictory much? You have no problem with a business making a 'good multiple' - as in 100% or 200% profit - but you do have a problem with someone making 500%?

        Who are YOU to judge what margin is 'okay'?

        Many people would say you are a crook for even making 100%, yet you say it is fine.

        If you do not see how your opinion is subjective, then you are a silly guy in my 'opinion'. Stop judging people needlessly.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233117].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
      Originally Posted by Eddie Spangler View Post

      Forget the op for a moment

      Why does someone who pays 1k for seo services and turn around and sells it for 6k get labeled as a crook, assuming that it provides results for end client.
      There's only one guy doing that. Don't worry about it, it's perfectly fine as long as both parties are seeing a positive ROI.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by Adevictus View Post

      I never mentioned that there is a standard SEO service, I mentioned that investing in SEO/SEO service has become a standard for most any business.

      If this guy wants to tell us he did nothing but broker SEO deals to the Philippines/Bangladesh for outrageous prices I will call him a crook or a phony all day.

      Don't come at me with values and prices either, did you read the thread?
      Originally Posted by Eddie Spangler View Post

      Forget the op for a moment

      Why does someone who pays 1k for seo services and turn around and sells it for 6k get labeled as a crook, assuming that it provides results for end client.
      Well... because it wasn't 6K... it was a 17K.. sorry, 17.24K setup fee for a couple minisites, and backlinking... 6,400/mo is for backlinking and content.

      Outsourcing it all to the philiphines for 1,000... is a bad deal... I can get it for about 250/mo.... making that much on it, is a rip off. Why? Because a client that is getting results on a local level, doesn't need to continue paying 6,400/mo for forms of backlinking that the OP probably doesn't realize if it's legit or not.

      The amount of money is not the issue.. I have had bigger sales for SEO, from national companies with national keywords. 10K/mo and up, is completely normal.

      For local businesses... it's a ripoff. You show me a local business that is paying over 70,000 a year for SEO on a local level, and I will show you a picture of the business name and definition of sucker.

      17K for minisites? I can go to the warrior for hire section and have that done for 10 bucks.

      Lets call it what it is though... which is BS. This guy didn't make a 17.24K setup... It's just another pointless look at me post. That's all. Nothing more.

      There is nothing wrong with making a profit. If you can make a 3,000% margin of profit, then super. That isn't the issue here though...

      I can come here and say I got a $5,000,000 set up with 500K recurring, and outsource it for $500. That doesn't mean it's true.

      I hate threads like these because it truly offers ZERO value... The profit margin isn't something that I question.. The sale itself, is what I question.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233125].message }}
  • It's a shame that some of you get sucked into the negativity and skepticism of a few loud naysayers, because it hinders you from seeing your own success in business and life.

    The whole point of the post is to share some examples of success to encourage those of you who are real entrepreneurs to think bigger and get out there and hustle.

    If you have a SUCCESS story in the local markets, post it here.

    If you have a negative comment or skeptical opinion... go start your own thread or go comment on the thousands of other threads.

    Leave this thread to those who want encouragement, support, positivity, and examples of success in business.

    Have a great day!
    Signature
    ------

    Those who focus on the beauty of life, receive it... those who focus on the ugly in life, receive it... choose your focus wisely.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233217].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by MrBigLocalMarketing View Post

      It's a shame that some of you get sucked into the negativity and skepticism of a few loud naysayers, because it hinders you from seeing your own success in business and life.

      The whole point of the post is to share some examples of success to encourage those of you who are real entrepreneurs to think bigger and get out there and hustle.

      If you have a SUCCESS story in the local markets, post it here.

      If you have a negative comment or skeptical opinion... go start your own thread or go comment on the thousands of other threads.

      Leave this thread to those who want encouragement, support, positivity, and examples of success in business.

      Have a great day!
      Stories, don't get results. Information, provides encouragement. Coming in here with a couple posts to make a thread about a success story that offers little substance isn't what the community needs as encouragement, they need real information.

      Come back and share your info, why you charged that amount, what is done, why the client finds value, what the ROI is, what niche your client is in, what kind of networking meeting... THAT is what people want to know. People don't care about what kind of sales you make, people don't care about my sales... they only care about HOW they can do it too.

      My naysaying negativity offers value... more value than a positive, look at me, BS claim with no substance. Encouragement, and positivity don't necessarily come in the form that you're thinking, and a business owner like yourself should know and understand that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233235].message }}
      • Also, I encourage you to pick a niche market and immerse yourself in it enough to understand the in's and out's of it, including what kind of profit margins they run on.

        Go for the niche markets that have high margins and become an expert in them and you'll be able to command higher prices for your services.
        Signature
        ------

        Those who focus on the beauty of life, receive it... those who focus on the ugly in life, receive it... choose your focus wisely.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233389].message }}
        • P.S. We're now looking at doing some partnerships with remodeling contractors where we do all their marketing in exchange for an equity stake in their business.

          This could be exponentially more profitable for us and bring in some very big numbers.
          Signature
          ------

          Those who focus on the beauty of life, receive it... those who focus on the ugly in life, receive it... choose your focus wisely.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233436].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author liindsay
        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        Stories, don't get results. Information, provides encouragement. Coming in here with a couple posts to make a thread about a success story that offers little substance isn't what the community needs as encouragement, they need real information.

        Come back and share your info, why you charged that amount, what is done, why the client finds value, what the ROI is, what niche your client is in, what kind of networking meeting... THAT is what people want to know. People don't care about what kind of sales you make, people don't care about my sales... they only care about HOW they can do it too.

        My naysaying negativity offers value... more value than a positive, look at me, BS claim with no substance. Encouragement, and positivity don't necessarily come in the form that you're thinking, and a business owner like yourself should know and understand that.
        Wow, get over yourself mate. He made the thread, and he had no intentions other than sharing his story and asking others to also share theirs?

        If that isn't good enough for you then move along to the next thread champ.

        The only one spouting negativity here is you, trying to call BS on his story while talking yourself up about having dealt with 10k/month clients.


        Originally Posted by vndnbrgj View Post

        Here is why I call BS....

        Smart business owners will hire someone in house to do it for a lower cost.
        And now we have assumptions that he is a "smart" business owner.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6246968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
    Look if you really wanted to help people you wouldnt come in here with your
    Keyser Soze story.

    You havent shared anything of value, just a fabricated story of big success that helps no one, In fact it hurts people who may really want to do well.

    If you were going to come in here and BS us at least make it sound like something that COULD be real.
    Signature
    Promise Big.
    Deliver Bigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233259].message }}
  • Client is a residential remodeling contractor in a major U.S. city that has lots of high population suburbs surrounding it. They do some commercial work as well, but residential is their bread and butter.

    Their remodeling projects can run anywhere from $8,000 to several hundred thousand dollars, depending on the scope of work.

    Their profit margins can run as much as 50%.

    Not sure what kind of volume they were doing before we started helping them, but their business is on track to do $8 Million in sales this year (based on what he told me recently).

    We helped them set up minisites targeting most of the suburbs surrounding the big city, optimized for their specific contractor services and the terms people were searching for.

    It's hard to say what the clients ROI is from it, because they consistently get so many deals that come in thru these sites.

    The client shared with me that he got one commercial job from another site we did for him that made him at least $300,000 (he had paid us $2995 to set up that specific site for him).

    I met him thru one of the local building contractors association meetings.

    The client finds extreme value in the work we've done for him because he has multiple nets out there consistently bringing him leads, and anyone of them can put $10,000 or more in his pocket (and an occasional 6 figure deal too).

    His expertise is in running a remodeling business... not in marketing on the web. He pays us for our expertise in marketing on the web, and is glad to do it so he can focus on his strengths and core competencies.

    We specifically target these types of clients all day long, because they have high profit margins and high customer value... so even if our services bring just a few new clients a month, it easily justifies the marketing investment for them.

    They're fun to work with, are willing to spend top dollar marketing their biz, and reap the benefits of a solid web marketing plan and presence.

    Hope this helps you guys understand the dynamics of this deal better
    Signature
    ------

    Those who focus on the beauty of life, receive it... those who focus on the ugly in life, receive it... choose your focus wisely.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sublime311
    I started my local internet marketing business about 2 years ago, however I had about a decade for web design etc in my belt before that.

    I am starting all fresh, don't even have a website, just simply replying to posts on Craigslist, business looking for help with internet marketing --- closed a $250,000/year SEO deal with 1 client on one of the first couple posts i've replied. Luck? I don't know... I discussed how it all happened with offline gurus like Kevin Wilke etc. I was just in a very positive vibrational state at that point and it got attracted to me effortlessly. That's my thinking
    Signature

    If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them... BRUCE LEE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233657].message }}
    • Originally Posted by sublime311 View Post

      I started my local internet marketing business about 2 years ago, however I had about a decade for web design etc in my belt before that.

      I am starting all fresh, don't even have a website, just simply replying to posts on Craigslist, business looking for help with internet marketing --- closed a $250,000/year SEO deal with 1 client on one of the first couple posts i've replied. Luck? I don't know... I discussed how it all happened with offline gurus like Kevin Wilke etc. I was just in a very positive vibrational state at that point and it got attracted to me effortlessly. That's my thinking

      Nice job man. Thanks for sharing your success!
      Signature
      ------

      Those who focus on the beauty of life, receive it... those who focus on the ugly in life, receive it... choose your focus wisely.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6235138].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sodomojo
      Originally Posted by sublime311 View Post

      I started my local internet marketing business about 2 years ago, however I had about a decade for web design etc in my belt before that.

      I am starting all fresh, don't even have a website, just simply replying to posts on Craigslist, business looking for help with internet marketing --- closed a $250,000/year SEO deal with 1 client on one of the first couple posts i've replied. Luck? I don't know... I discussed how it all happened with offline gurus like Kevin Wilke etc. I was just in a very positive vibrational state at that point and it got attracted to me effortlessly. That's my thinking
      Care to place a copy of your ad you used?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6235880].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rushindo
        Originally Posted by Tydowns View Post

        Care to place a copy of your ad you used?
        He didn't post an ad if I understand correctly. He replied to other people's ads.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6236892].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sodomojo
          Originally Posted by rushindo View Post

          He didn't post an ad if I understand correctly. He replied to other people's ads.
          Ahh, got it. What section did you find them in?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237214].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sublime311
        Originally Posted by Tydowns View Post

        Care to place a copy of your ad you used?
        No no, i didn't post an ad, i just replied to people's ad who were looking for marketing help.

        It was the "marketing/pr /ad job postings" section of Craigslist. I only replied to people who were NOT looking for an employee. I think if you constantly reply to these, someone will reply back eventually. I just sent a very simple paragraph saying "I do all these, I have done it for these people, let's talk". Nothing so special.

        And truth guys, I did not have a system - it was just one of the dozen emails I have randomly sent. At that time, I was just taking a huge break from work as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my future.

        The meeting happened in a Starbucks! I remember I killed that meeting, and all I did was this WSO i bought about Affiliate Marketing Traffic/YouTube marketing a few days ago that I was checking out (i wasn't prepping for the meeting or anything) and how to pull traffic from there, underground methods, lol. Half of the meeting was me repeating what I learnt from that WSO, she was droooling how I knew all these ninja techniques, lol. And the rest was honest straightforward strategies I presented. I kinda gave her a reality check! I didn't give a damn what she thought, i had to be honest.

        You have to be confident, and show them killer different traffic tactics to your prospect and focus on ROI! Be prepared about how exactly you will get them the money in clear language. Be energetic in the meeting and speak boldly and with passion.

        And make them feel that you will give your 110% in their company, the personal care! :p Play a bit like a hot shot too. I think thats how she got sold on me. I sent her a proposal with a ridiculously high priced daily rate that I honestly put down as a joke almost! But she replied back to my proposal when can we start? i was like "thank you universe"!!! I remember calling my family after I picked up my cheque, just couldn't believe it. I got post dated cheques too!!

        I was just a one man show at that time maybe compared to some big agencies she was talking perhaps. But hey, I earned at least 500K in 2 years from just 1 account!
        Signature

        If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them... BRUCE LEE

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6253659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeamFreedom
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6236173].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Valerie DuVall
      Originally Posted by TeamFreedom View Post

      With all due respect MrBigNameMarketing,
      I appreciate the story, but it did reek bs meter pushing it over. It seemed like you may not be doing as well as you want to be but if you throw this story out, oh hey! Everyone is now falsely envious of you.

      Just my thought.

      What I want to know considering since I am in the remodeling business and know many many redesigns and remodelers are the stingiest of them all.

      How did you guys come to the number you came to? What was your negotiation process? You simply wrote him a few articles and he just whipped out his check book?

      Sounds like a fantasy to me, to be quite frank.

      To the other guy who cleared 250k, I believe it even though he isn't telling too much. You can tell he was prepared for the haul and he was ready to make things happen.

      I appreciate your enthusiasm to bring positivity, but I could have suggested better ways to getting attention to yourself.

      Here is something I have learned. When closing or attracting clients. Your phone number makes you incredibly enticing. People seeking others to work with them, tend to be more relieved if they can get ahold of you & talk to you.

      You're kidding right? One guy is a liar for saying he made $17,000 and another who made $250K you believe?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6356537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Teez
    Hey Guys not to agree or disagree with anyone here other than analyse the info given as if I were the one doing it so as to make it help others see the possibility in this.

    The info before us
    Exhibit A: 17k set up
    Exhibit B: 6k Recurring

    Ill use £ currency cos thats what I'm used too so about:
    Exhibit A :£8k
    Exhibit C :£3k

    Ok If we look at something like this

    thinkbigsites.com/seo-seo-packages.html

    You see seo is around £190 per keyword for just the silver so lets say you only take a minimum of 10kwords per minisite as you explain to the client content is king etc

    Thats £1900 per minisite

    So 10 minisites e.g new york, london,liverpool miami etc which ever country it is
    thats £19000k from keywords seo alone

    Then lets say your charge even as low as £50 per webpage and you do 20 web pages per minisite:

    Thats £1000k per minisite

    So 10 minisites is £10,000K

    so so far youve made £29,000k

    Now in essence you tell the client so what now happens is on a monthly term I do it all at half price as the set up has already been doing so I'm just doing the maintenance which isnt the full work but half the ground work.

    So the set up is £29k
    The recurring then becomes around £14k monthly.

    10 minisites with 10 keywords per site
    All broken down to show for it.

    Deliver the results and they are making more than this back

    If it helps always remember the Super Bowl commercials are worth 100k for just 30mins cos of one thing, the potential value perceived.

    Hope this helps somebody at least.
    Signature

    My first stab at success is the Nike Air Yeezys this is what made me believe.

    You can't be scared of rejection on the quest to perfection.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6236950].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KabirC
      Originally Posted by Teez View Post

      Hey Guys not to agree or disagree with anyone here other than analyse the info given as if I were the one doing it so as to make it help others see the possibility in this.

      The info before us
      Exhibit A: 17k set up
      Exhibit B: 6k Recurring

      Ill use £ currency cos thats what I'm used too so about:
      Exhibit A :£8k
      Exhibit C :£3k

      Ok If we look at something like this

      thinkbigsites.com/seo-seo-packages.html

      You see seo is around £190 per keyword for just the silver so lets say you only take a minimum of 10kwords per minisite as you explain to the client content is king etc

      Thats £1900 per minisite

      So 10 minisites e.g new york, london,liverpool miami etc which ever country it is
      thats £19000k from keywords seo alone

      Then lets say your charge even as low as £50 per webpage and you do 20 web pages per minisite:

      Thats £1000k per minisite

      So 10 minisites is £10,000K

      so so far youve made £29,000k

      Now in essence you tell the client so what now happens is on a monthly term I do it all at half price as the set up has already been doing so I'm just doing the maintenance which isnt the full work but half the ground work.

      So the set up is £29k
      The recurring then becomes around £14k monthly.

      10 minisites with 10 keywords per site
      All broken down to show for it.

      Deliver the results and they are making more than this back

      If it helps always remember the Super Bowl commercials are worth 100k for just 30mins cos of one thing, the potential value perceived.

      Hope this helps somebody at least.
      How the hell did you get to that number? It is $3.5 millionish for 30 seconds.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237295].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Teez
        Originally Posted by KabirC View Post

        How the hell did you get to that number? It is $3.5 millionish for 30 seconds.
        Oh really I don't recall exactly where I got the info from think it was a review after the Patriots and Giants game this year I remember something about Pepsi Elton John and 100k then again I could be wrong.

        But 3.5millish for 30 seconds That IS VERY KRAY
        Signature

        My first stab at success is the Nike Air Yeezys this is what made me believe.

        You can't be scared of rejection on the quest to perfection.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agonce
    nice , I just closed a client for 17,240.22, the guy actually came to my house after I responded to a few CL ads. he was basically begging me to create him facebook fan page
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237432].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Teez
      Originally Posted by agonce View Post

      nice , I just closed a client for 17,240.22, the guy actually came to my house after I responded to a few CL ads. he was basically begging me to create him facebook fan page
      As in 17K for a facebook fan page?

      Only a facebook fanpage?
      Signature

      My first stab at success is the Nike Air Yeezys this is what made me believe.

      You can't be scared of rejection on the quest to perfection.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237458].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    Here is one of my success stories, I am also in San Diego, must be a good place for Offline Marketing :-)
    I attended business networking group called sd6degrees.com 2 years ago. I landed a franchise business that had 18 location here in SD. From that ended up getting 200 of these franchise locations in other states. The monthly contract is now up to $22,000 per month for the past 18 months.
    We manage their Social Media, Blog Page and Google Adwords. We manage all the work in house here in San Diego. no outsourcing. It took me 3 months to land the deal. Branded myself as the expert in this group and took a few meetings before deal was closed.
    Good luck everyone !!! Cheers
    James Hickey
    Signature

    Learn to become Digital, Internet and Social Media Marketing Consultant to Business Owners
    Click here to learn more - Internet, Digital and Social Media Marketing Training Course

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237747].message }}
    • Originally Posted by sdentrepreneur View Post

      Here is one of my success stories, I am also in San Diego, must be a good place for Offline Marketing :-)
      I attended business networking group called sd6degrees.com 2 years ago. I landed a franchise business that had 18 location here in SD. From that ended up getting 200 of these franchise locations in other states. The monthly contract is now up to $22,000 per month for the past 18 months.
      We manage their Social Media, Blog Page and Google Adwords. We manage all the work in house here in San Diego. no outsourcing. It took me 3 months to land the deal. Branded myself as the expert in this group and took a few meetings before deal was closed.
      Good luck everyone !!! Cheers
      James Hickey
      Congrats on your success James! Thanks for sharing.
      Signature
      ------

      Those who focus on the beauty of life, receive it... those who focus on the ugly in life, receive it... choose your focus wisely.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Woodward82
    I very rarely venture away from the main discussion here on the WF, For some reason today, I decided to check out the offline marketing section. I am sorry to say but it has now wasted 20 minutes of my day if not more.

    I always see people being negative in the main forums, but never so much in ONE thread. Especially without anyone saying anything about it or how they are acting, in a community where new people by the hundreds if not more come daily.

    This thread was intended to be some kind of motivational thread for new-comers even possibly seasoned marketers. The majority of you here have acted unprofessional and while bashing the OP that he is making false claims and not given any "real" value to the forum, very few here have (mostly those not focusing on bashing the op) yet to provide any real value themselves.

    The irony of all of this is that the claims here are that the op is doing this for attention (not saying this is true) but, instead of ignoring the thread you decided to take x amount of time to give that attention to him or her.

    My personal opinion on the topic is that a lot of local businesses out there do not have a lot of knowledge on internet marketing/websites ect. In fact there is still a good number of business owners out there that dont have a lot of knowledge in marketing period! I am currently working on a site for a local HVAC business that has been around 50 years and done very very well over those last 5 decades. When i got the first page up for him to look at (i was communicating over the phone) it took me literally 10 minutes after he got to the site to direct him to click on the link to go to the page. e-mail? Thats another story completely, he knew what it was, but had no clue on how to set one up or check it.

    To try to add some quality to this thread like the op's original intention. I would say to the people still learning online marketing/seo/web-design or whatever it is, don't be afraid to practice while making money. You might not think that you have the skills or havent quite mastered your craft well enough to actually work for a client, this is NOT true. If you are here on this forum there is a chance that you have a lot more knowledge than the business owner and can still provide a service to them. You might not be able to get them to the top rankings in google, but you might be able to offer them a wordpress page and still market enough to get some traffic. They might then be able to put that site on there business cards and generate there own traffic.

    What you DONT want to do is promise on things you cant deliver, if you are knowledgeable and can provide a service but are still learning, let them know. Do the work for a smaller price than what is normally offered, and explain to them why. This can be helpful for both of you, while you are working on mastering your skills you are offering the person a cost effective solution and also building a portfolio for yourself.
    Signature

    If this post was useful please show your appreciation by hitting the THANKS button. ----- Right here V

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vndnbrgj
    Here is why I call BS....

    Smart business owners will hire someone in house to do it for a lower cost.
    I got a water restoration client.... Floods, fires, etc.
    He can make 6 figures on one client.

    He pays $25k per year! Not $6k/month.
    He makes a ton of cash... How much, none of my business.

    That's outsourced... Due to the fact that it is saving him money over the $35k he would have to pay an employee. It would come out to $50k with taxes, insurance, benefits, etc.

    Why do you think large corporations hire in house????
    They pay six figures for an in house person.....
    Signature
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone
    - Neale Donald Wilson -
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6245026].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AfteraDream
      Originally Posted by vndnbrgj View Post

      Here is why I call BS....

      Smart business owners will hire someone in house to do it for a lower cost.
      I got a water restoration client.... Floods, fires, etc.
      He can make 6 figures on one client.

      He pays $25k per year! Not $6k/month.
      He makes a ton of cash... How much, none of my business.

      That's outsourced... Due to the fact that it is saving him money over the $35k he would have to pay an employee. It would come out to $50k with taxes, insurance, benefits, etc.

      Why do you think large corporations hire in house????
      They pay six figures for an in house person.....
      Wait a minute..you have a client but he hires in-house? So you're doing the service in-house for him? Or you say he could hire in-house instead of paying you?

      Some owners might hire in-house specialist but they will still pay a lot, esp. if someone was good and was self-employed before. If he's not good then you have to teach him all the stuff and that costs time and money...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6247350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author equanto
    I think It can't be done with that number
    unless you have a company or some IT division that have big authority and credibility backing you up
    though maybe you're doing your job alone

    because the prices tell no lies
    Signature
    What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it.
    Stories of Another day can be saved by your STEPS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6247614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TamilYoung
    Great story, truly inspiring especially for those ready to quit. I made my first sale with Clicksure and that was a great moment! Small successes, would keep you motivated to push you towards those BIG goals. Setting BIG goals is perfectly fine, but on the path to achieving it, let us take some ACTION and get some small accomplishments which would keep us on track!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6249028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DoWhatWorks
    Thanks for starting this thread...we could all use a little more positivity and inspiration here!

    -Terry

    Originally Posted by MrBigLocalMarketing View Post

    Okay, I don't visit the WF often.

    But today, after stopping by and noticing a few negative posts...

    I wanted to get a positive thread going to inspire those who are still searching for their success in local online marketing.

    Please share your success stories, and help broaden the vision of those just now starting to build their local marketing business.

    One of our favorite deals I wanted to share, is with a contractor that paid us $17,240 up front to set up several targeted minisites (wordpress on keyword optimized domains for different cities he serviced).

    He also pays us $6400/mo for backlinking and simple content updates.

    We outsourced almost all of it to our team overseas (Philippines and Bangladesh) and it cost us very little to do the initial set up, and costs around $1000/mo for the ongoing backlinking/content generation.

    It's a great deal for us and for the client. It was easy to set up, the customer was great, and he easily made his investment back within a couple months just from getting a few new jobs that came thru his minisites.

    We make a very nice profit on the deal, and the client makes a ton of $ off the new business he receives from our efforts.

    We got the client initially thru networking in our local community and doing a few professionally written articles for him to start off the relationship. So, it started by doing a quality job on something small and then selling bigger services from there.

    The contractor is still one of our clients today and has gone on to spend more than $80,000 with us for various one-off and monthly services.

    Last time I spoke to this client, his business was booming and he is stoked. (He refers tons of other clients our way too.)

    This is the win-win situation you're looking for and is what real business and entrepreneurship is all about.

    I wanted to share this to encourage YOU to get out there and hustle, do a quality job, and help businesses be successful thru your knowledge of online marketing.

    Find the ones who understand the value of marketing and are willing to invest in it to build their business. They need your help!

    This is only one example of our success in local marketing and I'm sure others have bigger and/or better stories to share too.

    What kind of successes have you had (big or small)?

    Keep this thread positive and share your successes to inspire the readers below!


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6249051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author grntoday
    Way to go, I have got to look more into this.
    Signature

    Internet Marketing Reviews. I review the latest HOT companies who are dieing to get you on board. Some are good, and some are NOT!

    Go to: http://profitz123.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6251640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kmalikis
    `78U6YTUYJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6251944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sublime311
    Also that makes me think now everyone in the forum looks for the usual $500 to max $2,000 local jobs. If your expectation is that amount, then that's usually what you will attract. But hey, I am just throwing out there "food for thought", because I didn't repeat or tried to repeat what happened to me, i can't say i know for sure.

    But I really would like to see people focusing outside the local market a bit. I know there are ton of WSOs out there now about local offline marketing and everyone is going after dentists and chiros etc... There are ton of small to medium e-commerce sites out there at national and international level, with much bigger budgets than locals, that seriously needs seo, ppc, media buy, social media services. You can put the same effort to get that dentist to these ecommerce site owners, and you will get paid at least 3-5x then what a dentist will pay. I mean most of them don't even do "remarketing ads", which is literally free money and increases conversions. They seriously don't know what they are doing! We should all start to think outside local SEO clients realm and increase our earning expectations by thinking outside the box IMHO.
    Signature

    If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them... BRUCE LEE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6253685].message }}
  • Let's get some more SUCCESS stories rolling to encourage those who are just starting out.
    Signature
    ------

    Those who focus on the beauty of life, receive it... those who focus on the ugly in life, receive it... choose your focus wisely.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6508714].message }}

Trending Topics