Me Risking £4670, and now on my way to make £20000 from only 4 days of work

79 replies
I am quite adventurous; the following adventure has made me good money and a great experience.

When you walk around on London streets, you see people handing out different leaflets. One day I was handed out a leaflet for one of the very popular TV show audition. I thought why the hell, this channel is advertising by distributing out leaflets on streets. That made me think to advertise my dating sites on leaflets and hand those out to Londoners.

Anyway, I made a plan. I printed 100000 [A5 size double sided] leaflets. One page came with my General Dating Site for UK. [picture of couple in it + benefits of joining my site + also there was a promo code to use to get savings on Gold Membership] The other side was divided into 3 portions. The above portion was advertised with my dating site for people over 40 years old [normally this niche is called over 40 /senior /mature dating] The middle portion was advertised with my Cougar Dating Site [Cougar dating is for women above 35 and men under 35] The lower portion was advertised with my Adult Dating Site. The theme was if some one doesn't like one site, he / she might have interest in another one or maybe some people will register on 2 or more.

I decided to distribute these leaflets before Easter starts on Friday 6th April 2012 and the following Monday 9th was a Bank Holiday as well, so people will be having enough free time to sit on internet. I decided to run my leaf let campaign between Monday 2nd and Thursday 5th of April.

Now I searched for people looking for occasional work in London on Gumtree. I recruited 12 girls for 4 days

The total costs were

Leaflet printing: £1100
12 girls for 4 days: £6.5 per hour, 10 hours a day, £6.5 * 10 = £65 per day per girl
12 girls per day = £780, 12 girls for 4 days = £3120
Other costs drink/coffee/lunch etc for girls = £450
Total cost = £1100 + £3120 + £450 = £4670

I deployed those girls near busy train stations where people get trains to all over the UK such as London Bridge, Victoria, Paddington, Liver Pool Street, Waterloo etc and some girls were deployed on other busy local London stations. Some of them were handing out leaflets in busy shopping centres / streets such as Oxford Street, Bond Street and so on all around the city.

I was randomly moving girls every next day to different location, I had a friend with me and we were monitoring and visiting all girls on how they are working, buying them drinks, coffee and lunch so that they can work more heartedly and distribute as many leaflets as they can. Luckily by the end of Thursday evening we had finished distributing 100000 leaflets in London.

Now was the time to sit back and watch my risky gamble. Those four days I didn't check my sites to see how many people have visited / registered because in the unlikely situation if the tactic hadn't work, I didn't want to be heart broken in the middle of my campaign.

When I logged in to see how many people had registered on my sites on Friday morning, I saw 1300 basic members there. To make it short that leaflet campaign brought me 2138 members until today. 253 members have already upgraded to Gold Membership so far which alone has brought £8349 on initial payments. To make it clear I didn't run any other sort of promotional campaigns for those sites. As they were white label dating sites, so they were already populated with millions of profiles integrated from the central system. Leaflet was the only source of promotion.

I am expecting to make further £12000 from Recurring and Renewal payments. I hope to make more than £20000 from my leaflet campaign.

Thus I am on my way to make more than £20000 from spending £4670 and only 4 days of work.

Now another long weekend is coming in UK as a Queen's Jubilee celebration on Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th of June. From Monday 28th May until Friday 1st June, I am running another leaf let distributing campaign in London with the hope of distributing 200000 leaflets with the help of 22 girls. If you live in London and see girls around busy places in yellow T- shirts distributing dating sites leaf lets, that is mine campaign. Please do give a friendly smile to the girls.

I live 15 minutes walking distance to Olympic Village and have plans to run a Massive campaign that time. I have already set up a separate dating site [in sports dating niche] with Olympic theme in mind.

I hope these upcoming campaigns will be as successful as previous one.

Warriors, I believe leaf let distribution can work in most niches, Have you tried it for your sites? If no, think about it and see how you can benefit your sites from leaf let distribution.

Good Luck to all warriors.
#£4670 #dating site promotion #days #leaf let #make #off line promotion #risking #white label dating #work
  • Profile picture of the author cherryl
    Nice method to promote dating site. I am interested to join under you but
    I am not sure why your title is me risking £4670. Did they pay your revenue?
    Since you advertised them in Easter time, I reckon they should already pay your revenue.
    I check your white dating link, they will pay you twice a month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6320274].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author midasman09
      Banned
      Your program reminded me of what a friend of mine did last year in downtown Chicago.

      He was "laid off" (nice way of saying "Fired") from his job and was getting desperate to make some money so....I knew he was "IM Savvy" and he was outgoing so here's what I told him to do;

      1) Set up a website where people can go to look at photos and....place an order for them (he started at $6 and now is at $12) and then be able to download them....instantly....so they can print them out on their home inkjet printer.

      2) Buy a Digital Camera

      3a) Go down to State & Madison (busiest street corner in the city)....ask people (not singles - groups of 3 or more) if he can snap their photo....take the shots....hand them a card that tells them where they can see the Photo/s (he tries to take 3 or 4 shots each time)
      3b) Go to outside of Football, Basketball, Baseball stadiums as people are entering
      3c) Go to any location where LOTS of people are gathering

      Now....I won't divulge how much he's making with this BUT...suffice to say he hired a female assistant last year (has her where a Solar-Yellow sweatshirt with black letters) and....this year he has 3 girls taking photos.

      Don Alm
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6320403].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author datingworld
        Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post

        Your program reminded me of what a friend of mine did last year in downtown Chicago.

        He was "laid off" (nice way of saying "Fired") from his job and was getting desperate to make some money so....I knew he was "IM Savvy" and he was outgoing so here's what I told him to do;

        1) Set up a website where people can go to look at photos and....place an order for them (he started at $6 and now is at $12) and then be able to download them....instantly....so they can print them out on their home inkjet printer.

        2) Buy a Digital Camera

        3a) Go down to State & Madison (busiest street corner in the city)....ask people (not singles - groups of 3 or more) if he can snap their photo....take the shots....hand them a card that tells them where they can see the Photo/s (he tries to take 3 or 4 shots each time)
        3b) Go to outside of Football, Basketball, Baseball stadiums as people are entering
        3c) Go to any location where LOTS of people are gathering

        Now....I won't divulge how much he's making with this BUT...suffice to say he hired a female assistant last year (has her where a Solar-Yellow sweatshirt with black letters) and....this year he has 3 girls taking photos.

        Don Alm
        You gave him good advice, People who come with more innovative ways will be surely successful. I am happy for your friend's success.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6324435].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sandalwood
        Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post

        Your program reminded me of what a friend of mine did last year in downtown Chicago.

        He was "laid off" (nice way of saying "Fired") from his job and was getting desperate to make some money so....I knew he was "IM Savvy" and he was outgoing so here's what I told him to do;

        1) Set up a website where people can go to look at photos and....place an order for them (he started at $6 and now is at $12) and then be able to download them....instantly....so they can print them out on their home inkjet printer.

        2) Buy a Digital Camera

        3a) Go down to State & Madison (busiest street corner in the city)....ask people (not singles - groups of 3 or more) if he can snap their photo....take the shots....hand them a card that tells them where they can see the Photo/s (he tries to take 3 or 4 shots each time)
        3b) Go to outside of Football, Basketball, Baseball stadiums as people are entering
        3c) Go to any location where LOTS of people are gathering

        Now....I won't divulge how much he's making with this BUT...suffice to say he hired a female assistant last year (has her where a Solar-Yellow sweatshirt with black letters) and....this year he has 3 girls taking photos.

        Don Alm
        Don,

        I was just in Chicago this weekend. Visited the Willis Tower (Sears Tower before name change). Must have been 20000 people there throughout the day. I don't know if your friend would consider that location but I bet he'd make a bundle.

        Just my 2¢ on a what I think is another good spot.

        Tom
        Signature
        Get 30% or More Retirement Income If you are serious about your retirement, you'll love this product.

        The Money Ferret Finance Article Directory
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328652].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NewParadigm
        There is an older guy in Minneapolis out downtown on sidewalk and all the bars that takes pictures of people w/ a freakin polaroid camera, he then shows the picture to the group(he targets couples). You look like a fool if you are with a woman and don't buy the picture. I bet the guy makes a $1000 a night. He charges $10 a shot.

        A polaroid camera, a little moxie and you can make a great living 2-3 nights a week.




        Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post

        Your program reminded me of what a friend of mine did last year in downtown Chicago.

        He was "laid off" (nice way of saying "Fired") from his job and was getting desperate to make some money so....I knew he was "IM Savvy" and he was outgoing so here's what I told him to do;

        1) Set up a website where people can go to look at photos and....place an order for them (he started at $6 and now is at $12) and then be able to download them....instantly....so they can print them out on their home inkjet printer.

        2) Buy a Digital Camera

        3a) Go down to State & Madison (busiest street corner in the city)....ask people (not singles - groups of 3 or more) if he can snap their photo....take the shots....hand them a card that tells them where they can see the Photo/s (he tries to take 3 or 4 shots each time)
        3b) Go to outside of Football, Basketball, Baseball stadiums as people are entering
        3c) Go to any location where LOTS of people are gathering

        Now....I won't divulge how much he's making with this BUT...suffice to say he hired a female assistant last year (has her where a Solar-Yellow sweatshirt with black letters) and....this year he has 3 girls taking photos.

        Don Alm
        Signature

        In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing. ~ Theodore Roosevelt

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6347474].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ben565
          Originally Posted by NewParadigm View Post

          There is an older guy in Minneapolis out downtown on sidewalk and all the bars that takes pictures of people w/ a freakin polaroid camera, he then shows the picture to the group(he targets couples). You look like a fool if you are with a woman and don't buy the picture. I bet the guy makes a $1000 a night. He charges $10 a shot.

          A polaroid camera, a little moxie and you can make a great living 2-3 nights a week.
          who would pay $10 for a photo,what a rip off
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6358745].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KabirC
            Originally Posted by ben565 View Post

            who would pay $10 for a photo,what a rip off
            Who would pay $2,500 a month for SEO?

            People pay those prices because they either want the final product, or get pressured into it by the people around them.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6358859].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author StexM
          Banned
          Originally Posted by NewParadigm View Post

          There is an older guy in Minneapolis out downtown on sidewalk and all the bars that takes pictures of people w/ a freakin polaroid camera, he then shows the picture to the group(he targets couples). You look like a fool if you are with a woman and don't buy the picture. I bet the guy makes a $1000 a night. He charges $10 a shot.

          A polaroid camera, a little moxie and you can make a great living 2-3 nights a week.
          I honestly did not think that today these two businesses are no longer applicable.

          Who would pay 10 pounds for one photo? Today with mobile phones all have at hand a camera!

          And the tourists? Have you ever seen a tourist without a camera in hand at least?

          What do you think of these two businesses?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6471098].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Wide
            Originally Posted by StexM View Post

            I honestly did not think that today these two businesses are no longer applicable.

            Who would pay 10 pounds for one photo? Today with mobile phones all have at hand a camera!

            And the tourists? Have you ever seen a tourist without a camera in hand at least?

            What do you think of these two businesses?
            Your missing the point.

            It's not about you and me. He is charging a price that works for him, does not matter if we think it's too much or not. I bet he tried different prices to maximize his profit.

            He probably target drunk boys that wan't to get laid. I bet $10 is not a big deal to them - no difference between paying for a drink or a photo, the goal is the same :p
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6491122].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author StexM
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Wide View Post

              Your missing the point.

              It's not about you and me. He is charging a price that works for him, does not matter if we think it's too much or not. I bet he tried different prices to maximize his profit.

              He probably target drunk boys that wan't to get laid. I bet $10 is not a big deal to them - no difference between paying for a drink or a photo, the goal is the same :p
              You're probably quite right!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6500405].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by cherryl View Post

      Nice method to promote dating site. I am interested to join under you but
      I am not sure why your title is me risking £4670. Did they pay your revenue?
      Since you advertised them in Easter time, I reckon they should already pay your revenue.
      I check your white dating link, they will pay you twice a month.
      I was advertising my own dating sites, so in case the method had gone failed, I would have risked losing £4670 or part of it but thanks God, the campaign went very successful.

      You can surely join the network, set up your dating sites and start promoting them. You will be paid twice a month. You don't need to worry payments etc. i would advise you to register there, check the admin panel, you will be able to see that you have almost complete control on your site such as adding new pages, articles, on site optimisation etc which you won't get with other white label companies. please let me know if you would need any assistance.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6320511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author psufootball
    That's an amazing successful story, so congratulations to you for that. How much money were you charging for this Gold Membership that you were able to earn more than 8000 pounds!?

    What's amazing is that 8000 pounds means even more to me as an American... that's like $12,500+!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6320331].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by psufootball View Post

      That's an amazing successful story, so congratulations to you for that. How much money were you charging for this Gold Membership that you were able to earn more than 8000 pounds!?

      What's amazing is that 8000 pounds means even more to me as an American... that's like $12,500+!
      It varies from £30 / month, £65 /3months to £150 / annum. these figures are charged from members, then after bank charges, VAT and all others etc,,,, as a owner of a site you get your net profit from the network which is paid twice a month to you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6320555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tania Edwards
    wow, this post is very inspirational for me. I was reluctant to enter internet marketing. I was thinking that it will be extremely hard to make money on the web but now I believe if I work hard and plan my strategies well, I too can make money on line. Thanks for posting this. please also update us with your recent campaign.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6332669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Horny Devil
    Banned
    Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

    I am quite adventurous . . . . . . When you walk around on London streets, you see people handing out different leaflets. . . . . . . That made me think to advertise my dating sites on leaflets and hand those out to Londoners. . . . . .


    Wow, what an amazing story. Whoever would have thought of such a unique idea as leaflet distribution :rolleyes: Thanks for the long share.

    Good luck to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6334211].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmister
      Thanks for sharing and sounds like you had a big success just from leaflets. As they say
      Keep
      It
      Simple
      Stupid


      Originally Posted by Horny Devil View Post

      Wow, what an amazing story. Whoever would have thought of such a unique idea as leaflet distribution :rolleyes: Thanks for the long share.

      Good luck to you.
      I would much rather people shared even if there idea is not completely unique and it is still interesting to read!
      Signature

      dmister

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6339351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tania Edwards
    Datingworld,

    Please can you tell me where do you print your leaflets, I see you are from London, me too, would please give me the press details where you printed your flyers?

    thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6344587].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
      Originally Posted by Tania Edwards View Post

      Datingworld,
      Please can you tell me where do you print your leaflets, I see you are from London, me too, would please give me the press details where you printed your flyers?
      thanks
      Well these guys do 100,000 A5 double sided flyers for £850ish inc VAT

      http://www.saxoprint.co.uk/

      A6 is around £350 less

      Just click on flyers and play around with the parameters. Print Run, Size A5 or A6 and paper weight. I'm sure 100gsm is fine for flyers.

      Then click on Artwork proof and Gallery proof at bottom as I'm sure it is worth it and hardly costs a thing.

      Dan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6344817].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author calum
        Hi Dan

        Did you have any problems with councils/people dropping the leaflets etc?

        Calum
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6345537].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
          Not my thread Callum.

          Good question though as the leaflets were handed out in the station and lets face it 95,000 would end up on the floor. I think you may need a licence to do so and that would cost to cover that councils Waste Management costs.

          For example Kensington and Chelsea have a £175 cost per site within the borough. Can't find any rules where I live though Wokingham, Berkshire.

          Different Local Authorities have different rules. Furthermore I think Train Stations are Private nowadays so maybe you need to ask permission.

          Probably an idea to make a quick phone call to double check, although I can't imagine anything worse being done to you other than being asked to move on.

          Dan
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6345640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    Hello Guys,

    Finished my 2nd round of leaflet distribution between Monday morning and Friday evening. We handed out 200000 leaflets in London. Was very tough 5 days but Thanks God, all have gone well. So far I have seen a very good number of registrations on my dating sites advertised in the leaflets but will see the full and final result by end of this long weekend. I hope to get more than 4000 registrations on my dating sites.

    If you are handing out flyers in certain area permanently [in London], then I strongly suggest to seek permit from that concerned borough.

    I am just looking to get permission from Newham borough in London to allow us to hand out leaflets around Olympic village during busy Olympic period, see how it goes. I am planning to hand out 1 million leaflets around that time. Wish me good luck in it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6358018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon74
    I have promoted CPA offer doing leaflets around central London and worked great. Last time I did it Westminister council told me that you don't need any license, but you need to make sure to clean up around the area you do the promotion.

    Great job man
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6361567].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    Originally Posted by LewisSellers View Post

    Hey,

    Interesting story and glad it's worked out so well for you!!

    Just out of interest, did you need permission to hand out flyers for any kind of littering etc type reasons?

    I'm based in the UK and have considered doing this before but didn't know if you need to be granted permission from anyone?

    Very well done though, seems like it's worked a treat!

    Cheers
    Lewis
    Hello Lewis, I believe if you are a constant distributor, then you need permission from local borough. If you are occasional distributor and you clean your leaflets as you go [it is painful when you hand out a leaflet and the second moment, the person bin it on the street ], then you wouldn't have any serious problem but again it varies from council to council as all of them have different rules.

    At the moment, I am seeking permission from local Newham borough to allow me to do it near Olympic Park. I will update how it goes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6364072].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by LewisSellers View Post

      Ah, that's interesting! I might have to give it a shot at some point with another business of mine (football and racing advice). Getting permission from a race course to hand out leaflets about tipping services etc may be a good way to recruit new people!

      On the other site of things (SEO and Web Development) it probably wouldn't work as well. Well done though, a great achievement!
      Yes, its advisable to get permission from race course, I think they would easily grant your permission for that.
      Good Luck with it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6465961].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author safe as houses
        Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

        Yes, its advisable to get permission from race course, I think they would easily grant your permission for that.
        Good Luck with it.
        I'm not so sure about that as I had the same idea, when I contacted betfred etc they all were not keen because of the underage problem, but good luck.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6467267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    Originally Posted by TheBlogger View Post

    Looking forward to hearing the actual numbers, if you're going to be giving those numbers out?

    Unfortunately where I live you need some kind of paid license to hand out leaflets!

    It's awesome to hear you're scaling it up and up... 1 million is a hell of a lot.
    The campaign ended on evening of Friday 1st June. I believe I chose very good days for the campaign,,,just before long weekend of 4 days holidays.

    I got 28100 unique visitors to my dating sites since the campaign started and up to now.

    4137 registered as members on my sites, Now this is very encouraging number of registered members. I am still expecting some more new membership as some people might have not found time to sit on internet, lets say I am expecting between 200 - 400 more membership [keeping in mind my past experience with the similar campaign]

    The conversion rate is 2.06% [4137 members to 200000 leaflets distributed]

    I am pretty sure I will see about 500 of these registered members to up grade and buy Gold membership. I am flying over the moon. see how it goes with them making payments. Next few weeks, I would know exactly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6377050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    @TheBlogger,

    The average profit [after VAT etc] brought by one paid member is £83 on my dating sites, that includes Initial and recurring payments.

    So in this case 500 members upgrading is a big achievement keeping in mind I spend only £9000 on the campaign, the rest will be completely profit which I am expecting to be more than £33000.

    Just put a rough screen shot of the last payment I received yesterday night, you can see,, that member brought me £92.95 so far,


    Good luck with your campaign, try different areas if it doesn't work in one specific area.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6383326].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wide
      Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

      @TheBlogger,

      The average profit [after VAT etc] brought by one paid member is £83 on my dating sites, that includes Initial and recurring payments.

      So in this case 500 members upgrading is a big achievement keeping in mind I spend only £9000 on the campaign, the rest will be completely profit which I am expecting to be more than £33000.

      Just put a rough screen shot of the last payment I received yesterday night, you can see,, that member brought me £92.95 so far,


      Good luck with your campaign, try different areas if it doesn't work in one specific area.
      Any update on the last campaign? You earned what you expected (33k profit)?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6469690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SarahJane
    I like that, you're the man!

    Yes, sometimes life is gamble
    we don't know what we can get until we try it by ourself

    congrats man for your action
    I see I can do it to
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6468585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexandru
    Good job! That's a great way to think outside the box. Good luck with the Olympics campaign
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6468680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xtremeapp
    Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

    I am quite adventurous; the following adventure has made me good money and a great experience.

    When you walk around on London streets, you see people handing out different leaflets. One day I was handed out a leaflet for one of the very popular TV show audition. I thought why the hell, this channel is advertising by distributing out leaflets on streets. That made me think to advertise my dating sites on leaflets and hand those out to Londoners.

    Anyway, I made a plan. I printed 100000 [A5 size double sided] leaflets. One page came with my General Dating Site for UK. [picture of couple in it + benefits of joining my site + also there was a promo code to use to get savings on Gold Membership] The other side was divided into 3 portions. The above portion was advertised with my dating site for people over 40 years old [normally this niche is called over 40 /senior /mature dating] The middle portion was advertised with my Cougar Dating Site [Cougar dating is for women above 35 and men under 35] The lower portion was advertised with my Adult Dating Site. The theme was if some one doesn't like one site, he / she might have interest in another one or maybe some people will register on 2 or more.

    I decided to distribute these leaflets before Easter starts on Friday 6th April 2012 and the following Monday 9th was a Bank Holiday as well, so people will be having enough free time to sit on internet. I decided to run my leaf let campaign between Monday 2nd and Thursday 5th of April.

    Now I searched for people looking for occasional work in London on Gumtree. I recruited 12 girls for 4 days

    The total costs were

    Leaflet printing: £1100
    12 girls for 4 days: £6.5 per hour, 10 hours a day, £6.5 * 10 = £65 per day per girl
    12 girls per day = £780, 12 girls for 4 days = £3120
    Other costs drink/coffee/lunch etc for girls = £450
    Total cost = £1100 + £3120 + £450 = £4670

    I deployed those girls near busy train stations where people get trains to all over the UK such as London Bridge, Victoria, Paddington, Liver Pool Street, Waterloo etc and some girls were deployed on other busy local London stations. Some of them were handing out leaflets in busy shopping centres / streets such as Oxford Street, Bond Street and so on all around the city.

    I was randomly moving girls every next day to different location, I had a friend with me and we were monitoring and visiting all girls on how they are working, buying them drinks, coffee and lunch so that they can work more heartedly and distribute as many leaflets as they can. Luckily by the end of Thursday evening we had finished distributing 100000 leaflets in London.

    Now was the time to sit back and watch my risky gamble. Those four days I didn't check my sites to see how many people have visited / registered because in the unlikely situation if the tactic hadn't work, I didn't want to be heart broken in the middle of my campaign.

    When I logged in to see how many people had registered on my sites on Friday morning, I saw 1300 basic members there. To make it short that leaflet campaign brought me 2138 members until today. 253 members have already upgraded to Gold Membership so far which alone has brought £8349 on initial payments. To make it clear I didn't run any other sort of promotional campaigns for those sites. As they were white label dating sites, so they were already populated with millions of profiles integrated from the central system. Leaflet was the only source of promotion.

    I am expecting to make further £12000 from Recurring and Renewal payments. I hope to make more than £20000 from my leaflet campaign.

    Thus I am on my way to make more than £20000 from spending £4670 and only 4 days of work.

    Now another long weekend is coming in UK as a Queen's Jubilee celebration on Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th of June. From Monday 28th May until Friday 1st June, I am running another leaf let distributing campaign in London with the hope of distributing 200000 leaflets with the help of 22 girls. If you live in London and see girls around busy places in yellow T- shirts distributing dating sites leaf lets, that is mine campaign. Please do give a friendly smile to the girls.

    I live 15 minutes walking distance to Olympic Village and have plans to run a Massive campaign that time. I have already set up a separate dating site [in sports dating niche] with Olympic theme in mind.

    I hope these upcoming campaigns will be as successful as previous one.

    Warriors, I believe leaf let distribution can work in most niches, Have you tried it for your sites? If no, think about it and see how you can benefit your sites from leaf let distribution.

    Good Luck to all warriors.
    Wow! That was some extra ordinary marketing strategy, I am really impressed the way you did it and make good money from it! However the best part was your timing to target the clients when the weekend / holiday was near, i would just say it as an "Intelligent tactic". You have observed / over viewed the entire scenario from the sellers point of view, and i guess that was the best thing, and one should do that all the time irrespective of the type of business! Thanks once again!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6469046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    I need to hire girls to do this! Amazing.
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6492053].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author QWE
      Life is a gamble but smart entrepreneurs can take calculated risks. That's what business is all about.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6496551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    datingworld,

    I want to know if you implemented the 200000 leaflet campaign and how well it worked??
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6500412].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post

      datingworld,

      I want to know if you implemented the 200000 leaflet campaign and how well it worked??
      The 200000 flyers worked very well for me.

      So far, I got 4672 registered members on my site during and after that campaign until today. some of them might have joined from words of mouth but I believe 90% of them came from Flyers.

      Out of these 4672 Basic members, 477 members have become Paid Members. Looking froward to get more paid members, I would say between 60 - 100 more members will become Paid members soon or in the near future.

      On average one Paid member bring me about £83 pounds from their Initial Payments, Recurring / Renewal Payments etc.

      Good Luck to every one on Warrior Forum
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6507348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    And also, where's the best place to get these leaflets printed in the US or US based website?
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6502428].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shortandsave
    damn no wonder they called them leaf lefts 200,000 thats a lot off tree! lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6503511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    2.3% are looking into it, then 10% of those are signing up. That's amazing. Gheez... And this is a monthly payment? I would make 65% right?
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6525003].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post

      2.3% are looking into it, then 10% of those are signing up. That's amazing. Gheez... And this is a monthly payment? I would make 65% right?

      Yes you get 65% on all payments.
      Members are free to choose and buy 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year Gold Membership.
      The most profitable stuff on dating sites is the recurring payments, which keep coming in.... because dating sites are addictive, once someone is used to it, they like to stay on there for long. I have some members making recurring payments for continuously 20 months now..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6526697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EnzoBlaque
    Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

    I decided to distribute these leaflets before Easter starts on Friday 6th April 2012 and the following Monday 9th was a Bank Holiday as well, so people will be having enough free time to sit on internet. I decided to run my leaf let campaign between Monday 2nd and Thursday 5th of April.
    I respect your entreprenurism, and your ability to think outside of the box.

    Through a minimal investment you easily recouped and in total made £20K.

    Good going. It can be very simple to turn your business around when you begin to use the right methods to gain new clients.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6525199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Murdock Lois
    One day of work, and you netted 20K. Great stuff!

    1000 flyers, with powerful ad copy and a strong call to action
    is always going to attract more people to your business.

    Well done man
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6526668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    Wow. Now I just need 6500$ to pass out 100,000 flyers and I'm all set! :-)
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6526731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    Ok, what website do you get 5000 printed for 60$? and what are you promoting? What demographic are you promoting to? I'm seeing 5000 for at least $100 - 225.
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6526992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    Adrian, PM sent, lemme know if you can get back to me. Your box is probably full lol. Now I just have to find 4 dumb college kids to pass out 1250 flyers each for only $50. Craigslist???? I'm in Dallas.

    How many flyers do you pass out per month?
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6527279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    Originally Posted by jodib View Post

    Wow,

    Those figures are immense..

    Great thread. I really love out of the box ideas like this as there is so many ways to scale this up, not only in the dating niche, but clearly it's a good one and it works!
    Thanks, Flyers work in almost every niche, every business. It is a like a very direct contact with your prospective customers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6566447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    Olympic coming up in few days time,,, and I got a very positive answer from the local borough to distribute my flyers over the Olympic period around that area But I would know the final answer on Monday or Tuesday. Wish me a luck a guys........
    with 1 million flyers distribution, I hope to make 6 figures or at least get close to that..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6651463].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wide
      Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

      Olympic coming up in few days time,,, and I got a very positive answer from the local borough to distribute my flyers over the Olympic period around that area But I would know the final answer on Monday or Tuesday. Wish me a luck a guys........
      with 1 million flyers distribution, I hope to make 6 figures or at least get close to that..
      Did you get approved for the flyers?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6688034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wide
    Hope it turns out great, keep us updated
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6651658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Riich
    Hopefully you'll kill it! I wish you all the success with this. I was at Westfield in Stratford last week; such a great buzz for the upcoming events. Can I ask, what was the main focus when you designed the flyer initially? I guess your flyer spoke to your prospects in such a way that they decided to go to your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6651779].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by Riich View Post

      Hopefully you'll kill it! I wish you all the success with this. I was at Westfield in Stratford last week; such a great buzz for the upcoming events. Can I ask, what was the main focus when you designed the flyer initially? I guess your flyer spoke to your prospects in such a way that they decided to go to your website.
      Thanks, I made my flyers simple.
      I was advertising 4 dating sites of different niches [general dating, adult, senior and cougar]
      the theme was If one is not interested in one dating, he / she might have some interest in another one .. and it was true as people were registering on different sites, some of them even registered on 2 sites, and i have seen few members making payment on 2 sites...which boost income, if one member register on one site, make payment and then on another and make payment..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6656802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xbluelinks
    Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

    I am quite adventurous; the following adventure has made me good money and a great experience.

    When you walk around on London streets, you see people handing out different leaflets. One day I was handed out a leaflet for one of the very popular TV show audition. I thought why the hell, this channel is advertising by distributing out leaflets on streets. That made me think to advertise my dating sites on leaflets and hand those out to Londoners.

    Anyway, I made a plan. I printed 100000 [A5 size double sided] leaflets. One page came with my General Dating Site for UK. [picture of couple in it + benefits of joining my site + also there was a promo code to use to get savings on Gold Membership] The other side was divided into 3 portions. The above portion was advertised with my dating site for people over 40 years old [normally this niche is called over 40 /senior /mature dating] The middle portion was advertised with my Cougar Dating Site [Cougar dating is for women above 35 and men under 35] The lower portion was advertised with my Adult Dating Site. The theme was if some one doesn't like one site, he / she might have interest in another one or maybe some people will register on 2 or more.

    I decided to distribute these leaflets before Easter starts on Friday 6th April 2012 and the following Monday 9th was a Bank Holiday as well, so people will be having enough free time to sit on internet. I decided to run my leaf let campaign between Monday 2nd and Thursday 5th of April.

    Now I searched for people looking for occasional work in London on Gumtree. I recruited 12 girls for 4 days

    The total costs were

    Leaflet printing: £1100
    12 girls for 4 days: £6.5 per hour, 10 hours a day, £6.5 * 10 = £65 per day per girl
    12 girls per day = £780, 12 girls for 4 days = £3120
    Other costs drink/coffee/lunch etc for girls = £450
    Total cost = £1100 + £3120 + £450 = £4670

    I deployed those girls near busy train stations where people get trains to all over the UK such as London Bridge, Victoria, Paddington, Liver Pool Street, Waterloo etc and some girls were deployed on other busy local London stations. Some of them were handing out leaflets in busy shopping centres / streets such as Oxford Street, Bond Street and so on all around the city.

    I was randomly moving girls every next day to different location, I had a friend with me and we were monitoring and visiting all girls on how they are working, buying them drinks, coffee and lunch so that they can work more heartedly and distribute as many leaflets as they can. Luckily by the end of Thursday evening we had finished distributing 100000 leaflets in London.

    Now was the time to sit back and watch my risky gamble. Those four days I didn't check my sites to see how many people have visited / registered because in the unlikely situation if the tactic hadn't work, I didn't want to be heart broken in the middle of my campaign.

    When I logged in to see how many people had registered on my sites on Friday morning, I saw 1300 basic members there. To make it short that leaflet campaign brought me 2138 members until today. 253 members have already upgraded to Gold Membership so far which alone has brought £8349 on initial payments. To make it clear I didn't run any other sort of promotional campaigns for those sites. As they were white label dating sites, so they were already populated with millions of profiles integrated from the central system. Leaflet was the only source of promotion.

    I am expecting to make further £12000 from Recurring and Renewal payments. I hope to make more than £20000 from my leaflet campaign.

    Thus I am on my way to make more than £20000 from spending £4670 and only 4 days of work.

    Now another long weekend is coming in UK as a Queen's Jubilee celebration on Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th of June. From Monday 28th May until Friday 1st June, I am running another leaf let distributing campaign in London with the hope of distributing 200000 leaflets with the help of 22 girls. If you live in London and see girls around busy places in yellow T- shirts distributing dating sites leaf lets, that is mine campaign. Please do give a friendly smile to the girls.

    I live 15 minutes walking distance to Olympic Village and have plans to run a Massive campaign that time. I have already set up a separate dating site [in sports dating niche] with Olympic theme in mind.

    I hope these upcoming campaigns will be as successful as previous one.

    Warriors, I believe leaf let distribution can work in most niches, Have you tried it for your sites? If no, think about it and see how you can benefit your sites from leaf let distribution.

    Good Luck to all warriors.
    There was once I was giving out balloons at central park. It worked ok. Offline work can definitely contribute to online results (vice versa).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6652752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ant Marshall
    Wow. From experience with clients I know how badly leaflet campaigns can flop. I've seen £10k+ campaigns bring in NOTHING.

    I think what is special about your niche is that with a dating site it's perfect. People aren't going to take a leaflet if they're in a relationship so that's one demographic your not wasting leaflets on. Also your giving them 4 choice of whatever they're into as well as joining for free (Instantly capturing their email regardless of paying).

    If a plumbing company or a shed company etc. did this it wouldn't work at all and that's why I've seen it flop. But you've got a great niche here and you've had the balls to chuck some money into it and see the pay off. You sir have my respect, I love people who have the initiative.

    I'd even go further with this and take on the same girls each time and just go national with it if you keep seeing success with your leaflet distribution. Offer some kind of bonus to the best girl of the week to keep them smiling and happy on the job.

    Honestly, good luck with it all. Next time I have a client asking about leaflet distribution I'm definitely going to be talking about a chap I know who's been very successful with his.
    Signature

    If you haven't made money online yet then just send me a PM and let's see what we can do together.

    Did my post help? Click thanks! ->

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657031].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by Ant Marshall View Post

      Wow. From experience with clients I know how badly leaflet campaigns can flop. I've seen £10k+ campaigns bring in NOTHING.

      I think what is special about your niche is that with a dating site it's perfect. People aren't going to take a leaflet if they're in a relationship so that's one demographic your not wasting leaflets on. Also your giving them 4 choice of whatever they're into as well as joining for free (Instantly capturing their email regardless of paying).

      If a plumbing company or a shed company etc. did this it wouldn't work at all and that's why I've seen it flop. But you've got a great niche here and you've had the balls to chuck some money into it and see the pay off. You sir have my respect, I love people who have the initiative.

      I'd even go further with this and take on the same girls each time and just go national with it if you keep seeing success with your leaflet distribution. Offer some kind of bonus to the best girl of the week to keep them smiling and happy on the job.

      Honestly, good luck with it all. Next time I have a client asking about leaflet distribution I'm definitely going to be talking about a chap I know who's been very successful with his.
      Thanks for your kind comments.
      You are right in saying I gave them 4 choices of which site they want to register and I think it worked very well.
      Also people who were taking leaflets were aware that they are taking leaflets of a dating site because all those girls were wearing T-Shirts with one of my UK based dating site's url on it... so the people had an idea of what to expect on the flyers....

      I think sometime we need to risk our money to do new experiments.... and Thanks God mine one was successful...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6678559].message }}
      • Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

        Also people who were taking leaflets were aware that they are taking leaflets of a dating site because all those girls were wearing T-Shirts with one of my UK based dating site's url on it... so the people had an idea of what to expect on the flyers....
        Did you ask the girls to target (or not to target) anyone in particular - e.g. "don't hand them out to couples", or did you just say "give them to everyone"?

        Congratulations for taking action and putting in the effort and investment. Please keep this thread updated with how your Olympics campaign goes (although I understand if you're a bit busy ).
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6715706].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author datingworld
          Originally Posted by AMcDermott View Post

          Did you ask the girls to target (or not to target) anyone in particular - e.g. "don't hand them out to couples", or did you just say "give them to everyone"?

          Congratulations for taking action and putting in the effort and investment. Please keep this thread updated with how your Olympics campaign goes (although I understand if you're a bit busy ).
          Thanks,,
          2 of the promoted sites are open to all age above 18...
          1 is for above 40...
          1 is for men under 35 and women above 35 [ cougar dating]

          so my instruction to girls was to hand it out the flyers to everyone but of course to avoid couples.. as couples wouldn't be happy to get such flyers..
          apart from couple,,,, girls are giving flyers to every one who look above 18...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kadija
    Very interesting, i m promoting a product and would be very grateful if you could tell me where you did print your leaflet. thanks
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattverick
    That's a really impressive result for your investment...
    How much does a dating site cost to develop?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6687846].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by mattverick View Post

      That's a really impressive result for your investment...
      How much does a dating site cost to develop?
      It is free to set up a dating website. I advise you to have your own domain name as your domain name is your own brand of dating site. Rest, you can use the resources available on our site to set up your own dating website. Good Luck.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6696427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ashwin83
    hey, i am wondering how your general dating website is going? I have a friend that has developed one and it will be launched in the next few weeks; at first only in two cities in the western United States. But he is going with the free model. They think the market is too saturated for another paid dating site and that it will be difficult to get sign ups by asking people to pay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6688801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimeTravelAgent
    You made a great investment there. Leaflets and brochures can actually do a lot even if you're advertising a website!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6688948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wide
    How is it going with the flyers?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6699622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mian195
    thanx for sharing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6708186].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6708880].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Leosurf
      My hats off to you bro, now this is a very good example of "Taking Action".

      I guess once your done handing out flyers during the Olympic games, you could try to implemend a tell a friend script and offer a free report be it in dating or self improvement. This is what the social networks are using which have made them very popular in a very short period of time.
      Signature

      Wealth comes from knowledge.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6709936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monister
    well how things going on now?please share some results and stats
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6710320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bwman
    have you started distributing? please keep us updated thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6710750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tania Edwards
    thats great, I have read about your previous conversion and it was fantastic. i am sure this campaign will also bring you thousands of members, wish you good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6728100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author farkry
    Hi Mate, this is an awsome story, after trying a couple of online ventures I settled on promoting niche sites from the same white label provider and promoting them via SEO. It's slow going but I had considered how offline marketing might help, this has inspired me ! I don't have £4k to invest but I guess I'll have to get my thinking cap on, I'm sure I can come up with something.

    PS - please let us know how your olympic promotion is going, cheers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6775583].message }}

Trending Topics