How to get more offline clients

11 replies
I have a small design team who really needs to get things going. My designer has some real experience, more than 10 years, but I struggle on finding clients. WE specialize specifically in offering custom made business cards, flyers, and other items. Basically, I have been sending out some emails by doing cold emailing via Manta.com, but I just can't seem to reel in a few clients. Does anybody have any good ideas and tips for gaining some clients via emailing? Thanks!

(This business is more of a side business since I make money through other strategies, but I would love to get started in this offline industry.)
#client #clients #email #gaining #offline
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    If you have months to wait and $1000s to spend, then stick with the email.

    Otherwise start studying this subforum and learn other methods.

    Don't expect an Easy button to be here for you. This place is like a self-directed college. YOU have to put in some work. Use the Search feature. Watch what people are talking about. Start to separate the idiots who don't know a thing about what they're talking about from the experienced experts.

    You're going to have to spend some time here. But six months invested in this subforum will do more for you than a 4-year degree.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dinospider
    Banned
    Give over with email, i think your best bet is "Cold calling" i've had some great luck recently targeting small local businesses.

    Like jason said, you have to put some work into it, to get the rewards.

    Keep your head up and good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330566].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webmarketer8
      Originally Posted by Seadragon View Post

      Give over with email, i think your best bet is "Cold calling" i've had some great luck recently targeting small local businesses.

      Like jason said, you have to put some work into it, to get the rewards.

      Keep your head up and good luck!
      Thanks again for the advice. However, I really enjoy emailing and using this as a method. It's just more convenient, and I was wondering if you guys have more tips for making this become more successful. I'm sure you guys have some great advice regarding using cold emails.

      Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330857].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dinospider
        Banned
        Originally Posted by justonce94 View Post

        Thanks again for the advice. However, I really enjoy emailing and using this as a method. It's just more convenient, and I was wondering if you guys have more tips for making this become more successful. I'm sure you guys have some great advice regarding using cold emails.

        Thanks
        The only reason why i haven't hit email marketing is because of a thread i recently read.

        it went on the lines of the thread poster knew a business owner and watched him one time reading his emails he received.

        He went down each email he'd received, hovering over the delete button whilst using the arrow keys and just deleting all the emails that he didn't know who they was from.

        I'm not saying everyone does this, but it's now stuck in my mind that quite a few businesses are like this.

        However if email marketing you feel comfortably with the most, keep plugging away at it, but i feel you have to send out 500 emails to get that one client.

        I think spam ended email marketing!

        I'm sure someone with more experience with email marketing will give you more advice on it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330916].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author webmarketer8
          Originally Posted by Seadragon View Post

          The only reason why i haven't hit email marketing is because of a thread i recently read.

          it went on the lines of the thread poster knew a business owner and watched him one time reading his emails he received.

          He went down each email he'd received, hovering over the delete button whilst using the arrow keys and just deleting all the emails that he didn't know who they was from.

          I'm not saying everyone does this, but it's now stuck in my mind that quite a few businesses are like this.

          However if email marketing you feel comfortably with the most, keep plugging away at it, but i feel you have to send out 500 emails to get that one client.

          I think spam ended email marketing!

          I'm sure someone with more experience with email marketing will give you more advice on it.
          Do you feel like classified ads will do me good? Have any tips for using them? By the way, do you have a list of the CAs? (except for Craigslist)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Pitts
    I agree with Seadragon cold calling is the way to go. Thats how I got my start and once you do something for one small business it starts to spread like wildfire
    Signature

    Don't just follow the Pack...Lead the Pack

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330612].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dinospider
      Banned
      Originally Posted by George Pitts View Post

      I agree with Seadragon cold calling is the way to go. Thats how I got my start and once you do something for one small business it starts to spread like wildfire
      Exactly ^ , Cold calling and then building a relationship with the client is the way forward. I'm having huge success this way.


      No need to be afraid of cold calling either, I'm useless at talking and selling things, i just talk to them as i would to my friends and family, and simply explain to them what they are missing out without a web presence.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nile Anderson
    This thread is already full of satisfied answers. Contact people whose still don't have website and convenience them.Thus,you will get good start for offline client.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330835].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prismkuet
    Email marketing is facing problem now a days as people most of the time find it not worthy to open an email from internet marketer. But if you want to stay with email marketing, I think it's better to target selected niche who have interest to open your email.
    Signature

    check out the Pros and Cons of CPA

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331517].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dinospider
      Banned
      Originally Posted by prismkuet View Post

      Email marketing is facing problem now a days as people most of the time find it not worthy to open an email from internet marketer. But if you want to stay with email marketing, I think it's better to target selected niche who have interest to open your email.
      Like i mentioned, i think Spam has killed email marketing. Specially emails that are not on built up lists.

      Actually, to the OP : how about building a list? capturing emails interested in web design projects?

      Maybe creating small keyword targeted websites and focusing on capturing there email address.

      There's bound to be some low competition keywords which would be easy to rank and capture emails.

      Just a thought,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331711].message }}

Trending Topics