I will not stop till my first sale (+few questions)

12 replies
Hi everybody.

First, i would like to say thanks to everybody on WF, ive been lurking for a year or so, and find the forum and members very informative and helpful.

So, i do own a few of everything, i have MNS sites, my local authority site and more proporties, but not monetizing as well.

I am gonna start cold calling because:

- It makes you take action:

After years of doing seo, mini sites etc.. cald calling gives you the HEAT of action. everything is NOW or Never with each call, and its all up to you (no excuses) i can feel it before even doing it!

- Its Pure Sales:

You cant excsu yourself that something "didnt work" because of Google updates, link bombing or any other ecxuse. Its all about you.

- I've worked in the most badass sales before:

Ive sold Dead Sea products by cold approhaing people in malls, subway stations and the weirdest places you can find.
I have done it (for example) in london, Bond street, where you can find 1000's of shops like i worked in, and learned that you shouldnt be afraid of Saturation or anything besides the sale your gonna make right now, for example, i stop somebody who says to me he has been stopped by 10 dudes like me today !
ive closed sales with people screaming they know the product and dont want it.(when they tried they actually did)


Its all up to me now, but i have a few setbacks ( i know its excuses )

- Local : im from the middle east, i don't think its a huge setback, just for hours of calls and my phone number, how to address this ?

- is it ok to phone on Fridays? i really don't have a clue if businesses are open on Fridays regularly, as in my state everything is closed.

-Who should i call? does it matter who to target? any suggestions?


Basically, i have my site, and already placed a demo site targeting psychologists, and im just eager to start calling.

Thank you Warriors.
Wish me luck, Im gonna update this thread as im calling.
#questions #sale #stop #till
  • Profile picture of the author Adrian John
    Looking forward to see your progress.Just keep the calls coming.
    Next week i will also start calling businesses to sell custom-made mobile websites as i have couple hours free in my schedule while working for my partner's clients and i waited way too long to get started on my own.

    My goal it's $5000 in 3-4 weeks only through cold calling, meaning 10-12 sales in total which i think it's achievable.

    Good luck to you and keep us posted.
    Signature
    ARE YOU A CONSULTANT? Do you have clients who could use MORE LEADS?
    Get them a MOBILE WEBSITE PLATFORM built to stay up with their clients habits.
    More than 50% of their customers buys from their mobile devices now!

    CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6433615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Twoddle
    Hopefully you'll keep up the progress and update the thread! You've made the first step to be committed! Most businesses, at least in my area, are open on Fridays - not sure who you're targeting but most businesses are open.

    Target either high sales limited custom - e.g. lawyers, or low sales high custom e.g. restaurants, hairdressers etc.

    Cheers

    Josh
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6433700].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ownergolan
      Originally Posted by Adrian John View Post

      Looking forward to see your progress.Just keep the calls coming.
      Next week i will also start calling businesses to sell custom-made mobile websites as i have couple hours free in my schedule while working for my partner's clients and i waited way too long to get started on my own.

      My goal it's $5000 in 3-4 weeks only through cold calling, meaning 10-12 sales in total which i think it's achievable.
      Good luck to you and keep us posted.
      thnx man, im eager to tart calling and update the thread.

      your goal is very achievable, and good luck to you 2.


      Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post

      Hopefully you'll keep up the progress and update the thread! You've made the first step to be committed! Most businesses, at least in my area, are open on Fridays - not sure who you're targeting but most businesses are open.

      Target either high sales limited custom - e.g. lawyers, or low sales high custom e.g. restaurants, hairdressers etc.

      Cheers

      Josh
      thnx mate, im gonna call psychologists for starters just to put the foot in the door, i was thinking about lawyers but it dosent matter dont you think?

      also, do you guys present a contract? i see this as intimidating not to have like a simple contract, any ideas ?
      Signature
      "Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see..
      Ill put in work, and watch my status escalate"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6436098].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ownergolan
    Today i started calling !

    So im already 20-30 calls in, mainly failure but i consider that as a MUST in everything.. fail fast and proceed..

    The main obstacle i encountered is my language / accent as im from Jerusalem.

    So basically im calling and just offering my service / ask for the person in charge of marketing / present my offer after a quick hi and try to get an email / phone number.

    Till now i got 2 emails ( sent them the demo site ) and nothing besides.

    Im gonna proceed now, please suggest improvements guys !
    Signature
    "Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see..
    Ill put in work, and watch my status escalate"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6450855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ownergolan
    To be honest, ive learned that language is not a problem.
    while working abroad with fellow team members in a sales group, i was amazed that the most successful sellers didnt even know english (only their pitches & related stuff). while im considered to be very good in English where i come from.

    I do agree with you about the passion part, but what you say is pretty obvious.

    Im talking from a perspective of a man struggling in WEB for 2 years now, i do have successful properties, but fails at a few startups and other things.

    Once you fail in something, its the passion to continue, that makes the failure a succes, by that i mean - there is NO FAILURE. only if you quite.

    Cuz failing is learning fast.

    btw what typos? :}
    Signature
    "Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see..
    Ill put in work, and watch my status escalate"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6451052].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author draede
      BTW, Skype is REALLY cheap to get an online number and calling to us. I pay $3/mo for mine.

      Also, try leading with a free something instead of a straight pitch. Like offer them a free website guide or online marketing guide, no strings attached.

      Then email it to them, and put them into an autoresponder! Then it is just regular online marketing. Give them more free stuff, follow up, and then sell em!
      Signature
      Pick ONE Business Model. Stick With it. Do not focus on anything else. Also highly suggested: Learn Copywriting, and improve your mindset (Read and follow EXACTLY the instructions in 'The Law of Success'). If you do all of these, it is pretty hard to fail.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6451112].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ownergolan
        Originally Posted by draede View Post

        BTW, Skype is REALLY cheap to get an online number and calling to us. I pay $3/mo for mine.

        Also, try leading with a free something instead of a straight pitch. Like offer them a free website guide or online marketing guide, no strings attached.

        Then email it to them, and put them into an autoresponder! Then it is just regular online marketing. Give them more free stuff, follow up, and then sell em!
        Yep im using skype also, 5 euros per month, not including a number, how did you get that deal lol ?

        so basically you suggest building a list, and auto responder ?
        i dunnu i feel that is so lame after you talk to the person directly dont you think?

        how do you actually sell after you get them on your list?
        Signature
        "Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see..
        Ill put in work, and watch my status escalate"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6451238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    I predict that you will stop before your first telephone sale.

    You'll stop to come back here because you ran out of leads and you'll want someone to recommend a free scraper.

    You'll stop to come back here to complain that the scraper is giving you duplicate phone numbers and incorrect owner names.

    You'll stop because office receptionists will be mean to you and treat you like an animal. You'll come back here to ask for the secret magic phrase to say to them to make them stop doing that.

    You'll stop for a few days to build a website you don't need because two prospects told you that they've never heard of your company, so you think you need to get something online pretty quickly and you feel silly for overlooking that.

    You'll stop because you were screwing around with your mobile phone and suddenly realized that your own website isn't mobilized so you'll come back here looking for a good script for that.

    You'll stop because you heard that building custom Facebook timelines, fan pages and Google + Local is the wave of the future and you need to ask your fellow warriors to give you some pointers about the best way to get into this amazing new opportunity.

    You'll stop because you think telephone prospecting is really inefficient and that you think you need to warm up your prospects first with an e-mail message. You'll come back here asking your friendly fellow warriors for their experiences and hey, what's a really great subject line to use, something that really grabs their attention, you know?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6451351].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ownergolan
      Originally Posted by beeswarn View Post

      I predict that you will stop before your first telephone sale.

      You'll stop to come back here because you ran out of leads and you'll want someone to recommend a free scraper.

      You'll stop to come back here to complain that the scraper is giving you duplicate phone numbers and incorrect owner names.

      You'll stop because office receptionists will be mean to you and treat you like an animal. You'll come back here to ask for the secret magic phrase to say to them to make them stop doing that.

      You'll stop for a few days to build a website you don't need because two prospects told you that they've never heard of your company, so you think you need to get something online pretty quickly and you feel silly for overlooking that.

      You'll stop because you were screwing around with your mobile phone and suddenly realized that your own website isn't mobilized so you'll come back here looking for a good script for that.

      You'll stop because you heard that building custom Facebook timelines, fan pages and Google + Local is the wave of the future and you need to ask your fellow warriors to give you some pointers about the best way to get into this amazing new opportunity.

      You'll stop because you think telephone prospecting is really inefficient and that you think you need to warm up your prospects first with an e-mail message. You'll come back here asking your friendly fellow warriors for their experiences and hey, what's a really great subject line to use, something that really grabs their attention, you know?
      You haven't read the thread so it is pointless to respond,
      but i get the reversed psychological (i hope) post :}
      Signature
      "Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see..
      Ill put in work, and watch my status escalate"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6451440].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
        Yeah. I forgot to mention:

        You'll stop again because, while you're not a text-book narcissist, it is important to have the last word, and you'll come back here to be sure to correct even my simple misunderstandings about how earnest and badass you really, truly are.

        Selling can wait until everyone you don't know here understands you perfectly.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6451474].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ownergolan
          Originally Posted by beeswarn View Post

          Yeah. I forgot to mention:

          You'll stop again because, while you're not a text-book narcissist, it is important to have the last word, and you'll come back here to be sure to correct even my simple misunderstandings about how earnest and badass you really, truly are.

          Selling can wait until everyone you don't know here understands you perfectly.
          Good job of "predicting" that an OP will reply to posts. lol.

          Its like cold reading a 21 year old chick .

          Meantime, since your last post, i've made another 18 calls. no sales, 2 more emails , 1 number of the actual doctor.

          I just hope you will do something with your life man. gl.

          p.s stop posting here man, negativity sucks.
          Signature
          "Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see..
          Ill put in work, and watch my status escalate"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6451612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ownergolan
    Quick update

    ive made around 100 calls today so far, maybe ill try some more after this post.
    no success yet-

    11 emails which i sent a demo site to
    5 phone numbers of decision makers - 4 not interested - 1 not available

    well, its a bit frustrating, but i really know its a game of numbers so i'm optimistic.

    for tomorrow i plan to stick to 1 "script", and try not to offer the demo site right away (thats what ive been doing). Also, will wait to see if there will be any email responses, and try to make my email more attractive (i think its too salesy)
    Signature
    "Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see..
    Ill put in work, and watch my status escalate"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6452543].message }}

Trending Topics