If you want to start in Offline here is what to do next.......

34 replies
I had a really good chat today, well it was an interview, with a fellow IMer.

It made me realise a few things. It was not THAT long ago that I didn't even know what a "blog" was.......lol........ I kid you not. I remember a friend trying to explain to me (unsuccessfully) what it was

We all have to start somewhere

I never knew how to build a website or backlink, I learnt it all here in the war room and in WSOs

I am proud of the business I have created,but if I had to start all again with nothing, I am sure I could, and FAST!!!

Here is a list of what I would do and if your new this is what I would suggest you focus on....

1) Set a goal income so that you have something to work towards

2) Then I would create a price list of services eg: Web Design, SEO, Graphics etc, (and outsource all the work) I would make it look all pretty maybe get someone on fiverr to spice it up

3) I would make a website for my business and give it wicked name

4) I would hand out flyers and post them up

5) I would make an aim to call a minimum 5 businesses per day that do not have a website- that adds up to 100 per month if you call 5 per day x 5 days per week (weekends off)

6) Post in free online and print media locally and nation wide

7) Make sure there is a professional voice mail on my phone and always answer my phone "Hello *business name* this is *your name*"

8) I would scout out freelance websites like odesk and also local services directories where people posts jobs

9) Make sure all social networks are up to date eg: FB fanpage, youtube, linkedin, twitter etc

Now break down daily times to complete these activities

eg: 9-10:30 is calling businesses

10:30 - 11 break

11-12 classified ads

So that I have something to work to and make sure all tasks are completed

So even if you have never made a dime online if you followed this process I know you will make money!!

I know this because I have made money from each and every one of these avenues when I started out

Good luck

E
#offline #start
  • Profile picture of the author piney94
    Nice business plan for every day. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6544641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PeacefulCalamity
    Sounds like a bare core plan for offliners. 5 businesses a day for 5 days isn't much at all though. Some people can just pound through 100 a day in about an hour and a half.

    It all depends on the person, but doing offline takes more than a couple flyers and 25 calls a week.

    No offense.
    Signature

    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6544721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author EmmaPowell
      Originally Posted by PeacefulCalamity View Post

      Sounds like a bare core plan for offliners. 5 businesses a day for 5 days isn't much at all though. Some people can just pound through 100 a day in about an hour and a half.

      It all depends on the person, but doing offline takes more than a couple flyers and 25 calls a week.

      No offense.

      None taken at all

      But I would love to hear your thoughts more and stimulate some more conversation around this.....

      Cold calling 5 businesses a day is achievable, its a small number and follow up (which is KING) is easy. If someone told me the only way to make it in offline is to call 100 businesses a day I never would of started OR continued!


      What I suggest is a combination of warm and cold leads.

      AND establishing a QUALITY client base, then you can offer % discount when they refer someone to you and reward their custom.

      I would much rather focus on quality and a solid reputable business then dodgy pump them out clients. If you want to grow your business then it needs to be strategic
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6544788].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mojo1
      Originally Posted by PeacefulCalamity View Post

      Sounds like a bare core plan for offliners. 5 businesses a day for 5 days isn't much at all though. Some people can just pound through 100 a day in about an hour and a half.

      It all depends on the person, but doing offline takes more than a couple flyers and 25 calls a week.

      No offense.
      Emma your plan is solid and 5 calls a day is all relative. Not a deal breaker as consistent focused action coupled with the right energy which your plan clearly has is the most important thing.

      Please pay this commenter's comment zero attention. This is the same person who quickly pm'ed me last week for free Places Scout leads originally offered to another warrior on a public thread without sending as much as a thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6549079].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author EmmaPowell
        Originally Posted by contentwriting360 View Post

        Hello Denden,

        It's always based on your convincing power on the phone, the trustworthiness of your tone, the sincerity of your offer, your ability to create the needs, and other call handling techniques. If the cold caller has a very weak list of rebuttals, he would really need to hit that 200 calls per day mark or even go higher than 200 calls. But once you have gotten the hang of it and once you've really understood what your prospects want/need, 5 calls a day may be more than enough to bag those sales.
        True!!! And the other factor is follow up!!! Follow up is soooooo important!

        Originally Posted by Denden View Post

        Ah, it's all in the technique then... that wasn't mentioned
        Sorry - I just call and be myself - I know what I am offering, how it can help and what I want to accomplish before I hang up the phone (which is get their email) Its a sales funnel approach.... not a call once and never speak again

        Originally Posted by mojo1 View Post

        Emma your plan is solid and 5 calls a day is all relative. Not a deal breaker as consistent focused action coupled with the right energy which your plan clearly has is the most important thing.

        Please pay this commenter's comment zero attention. This is the same person who quickly pm'ed me last week for free Places Scout leads originally offered to another warrior on a public thread without sending as much as a thank you.
        You cant please everyone

        You are so right - FOCUS and having a plan is the keys to success. This is just a plan of things that all have worked and made me money.


        E
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6567207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jchoros
    Emma I like your approach I'm a beginner but I cold call for a bank as my day job and would love to apply it to something else that can be for myself, because I already talk to 50 clients a day, doing a few calls a day on the side for me would be a small change that can make a big differnce...i like the simple plan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6544942].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author payoman
      If someone told me I'd have to call 100 businesses a day to 'make it in offline', then I wouldn't have started.

      If someone told me I'd make nearly $5000 in a week by making 100 calls a day, I'd have started straight out of high school.

      What other job can you start tommorow and make $5000 making 100 phone calls a day for 5 days?

      Really, from what I have learned in the last 6 months, you would be insane NOT to start your own web marketing business.

      EDIT : I have been trying to think of other services that you could provide on a 'forever' basis, with monthly fee's, that you can outsource all the work to.

      Not much is jumping to mind, would be good to hear some ideas I think.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6545080].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author EmmaPowell
        Originally Posted by payoman View Post

        If someone told me I'd have to call 100 businesses a day to 'make it in offline', then I wouldn't have started.

        If someone told me I'd make nearly $5000 in a week by making 100 calls a day, I'd have started straight out of high school.

        What other job can you start tommorow and make $5000 making 100 phone calls a day for 5 days?

        Really, from what I have learned in the last 6 months, you would be insane NOT to start your own web marketing business.

        EDIT : I have been trying to think of other services that you could provide on a 'forever' basis, with monthly fee's, that you can outsource all the work to.

        Not much is jumping to mind, would be good to hear some ideas I think.
        Good Call!!

        RE: EDIT : I have been trying to think of other services that you could provide on a 'forever' basis, with monthly fee's, that you can outsource all the work to.

        Are you selling SEO? This is the best product to sell - 100% outsource and profit margin is huge and its residual income
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6545157].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AussieT
          Originally Posted by EmmaPowell View Post

          Good Call!!

          RE: EDIT : I have been trying to think of other services that you could provide on a 'forever' basis, with monthly fee's, that you can outsource all the work to.

          Are you selling SEO? This is the best product to sell - 100% outsource and profit margin is huge and its residual income
          Emma, I think you and Payoman are on the same wavelength. He can't think of any other biz (other than the offline services we all offer) where you can get recurring income and outsource it all if you want
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6545491].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author EmmaPowell
            Originally Posted by AussieT View Post

            Emma, I think you and Payoman are on the same wavelength. He can't think of any other biz (other than the offline services we all offer) where you can get recurring income and outsource it all if you want
            Ahhhhh gotchya

            I thought he may have been selling just websites? LOL, my bad
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6545592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Denden
    5 calls a day? Really? I always here (read) people on hear saying that you should be making 100/200 calls per day.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6546226].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author contentwriting360
      Banned
      Hello Denden,

      It's always based on your convincing power on the phone, the trustworthiness of your tone, the sincerity of your offer, your ability to create the needs, and other call handling techniques. If the cold caller has a very weak list of rebuttals, he would really need to hit that 200 calls per day mark or even go higher than 200 calls. But once you have gotten the hang of it and once you've really understood what your prospects want/need, 5 calls a day may be more than enough to bag those sales.


      Originally Posted by Denden View Post

      5 calls a day? Really? I always here (read) people on hear saying that you should be making 100/200 calls per day.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6547364].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Denden
        Originally Posted by contentwriting360 View Post

        Hello Denden,

        It's always based on your convincing power on the phone, the trustworthiness of your tone, the sincerity of your offer, your ability to create the needs, and other call handling techniques. If the cold caller has a very weak list of rebuttals, he would really need to hit that 200 calls per day mark or even go higher than 200 calls. But once you have gotten the hang of it and once you've really understood what your prospects want/need, 5 calls a day may be more than enough to bag those sales.
        Ah, it's all in the technique then... that wasn't mentioned
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6547645].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Durham
        Originally Posted by contentwriting360 View Post

        Hello Denden,
        If the cold caller has a very weak list of rebuttals, he would really need to hit that 200 calls per day mark or even go higher than 200 calls. But once you have gotten the hang of it and once you've really understood what your prospects want/need, 5 calls a day may be more than enough to bag those sales.




        Originally Posted by EmmaPowell View Post

        None taken at all .

        Cold calling 5 businesses a day is achievable, its a small number and follow up (which is KING) is easy. If someone told me the only way to make it in offline is to call 100 businesses a day I never would of started OR continued!
        5 calls per day, even qualified ones, MAY get you one sale per MONTH.

        After having seen thousands of phone people, Im telling you I have seen the very best...consultants, telemarketers, you name it. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightening than of getting more than one sale per month like this even with qualified leads.

        Perhaps with your other methods this adds up to a little biz here and there but nothing like a sale every day,. which is okay as long as you state that, but I dont see it being stated. Its a blind secret in all this.

        Sorry

        No matter how obviously sincere the intention is in posting, I still have to call BS when I see it, or else we have newbies chasing bears when they should be hunting coon, and they are going to get eaten alive and discouraged in their dreams.

        I think your overall plan is good, but this part is stretching it hard enough to make me think this is theory and not experience talking.

        Originally Posted by payoman View Post

        If someone told me I'd have to call 100 businesses a day to 'make it in offline', then I wouldn't have started. (?)

        If someone told me I'd make nearly $5000 in a week by making 100 calls a day, I'd have started straight out of high school.
        ...and never looked back!!

        Amen

        Thats more like it! ROTFLMAO!


        Im sorry I went to the sales page, I just do not buy that this stuff is coming from a person who makes regular offline sales, no matter who their online friends are.

        I have no sympathy for those posing, as a person who has watched people make sales all day 8 months pregnant and/or in wheel chairs...

        No kid gloves. Dont appreciate posers.

        If you want to teach people how to generate offline leads for their clients, and you know SEO thats cool, but if you are telling them they can get significant sales from 5 calls per day, you are setting them up for failure.





        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573292].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author contentwriting360
          Banned
          Hello John,

          Thank you for taking the courage to say 'BS' and to post a 'BS' image. I'm lucky that I work for Content Writing 360° and we have been taught to act and think without with our manners on. There's always a better way to express your objection.

          The Warrior Forum is a place to synergize. In a business meeting, the facilitator does not expect everyone to agree on his preposition or plan for his business. To synergize is not to equate uniformity to unity; sameness to oneness. This thread encourages all interested Warriors to unleash their differences. Be not afraid to toss your two cents. It is because of welcoming and acknowledging differences that most organizations succeed. But saying and posting a 'BS' message is definitely out of our league.

          You're saying that we (either or both Content Writing 360° and other respondents in this thread) speak theories and not by experience. For the record, I will tell you this. Not once did we post a thing that isn't based on Content Writing 360°'s experience.

          At Content Writing 360°, we're Help Desk Associates. We have worked with Fortune 500 companies. Yours truly have been tasked to lead the Resolutions Team. It's a team where they dump all 'irate' customers, yet we were expected to up-sell our products for these irate customers. With humbleness but with genuine pride, we were able to sell more than what the frontliners were able to sell.

          We won't disclose this Fortune 500 company's name for privacy purposes. That goes without saying though. Henceforth, when it comes to sales, it's not about the quantity of calls but the quality of your calls.

          Quality of calls can be achieved by speaking to your potential customer in a kind manner, without those 'BS' messages/images that most people can't even say face to face.

          Content Writing 360° is here to share best practices with Warriors, regardless if they're ordering their content writing needs from us or not. Content Writing 360° does not simply share to the world that '1+1=2'. We care to share how did '1+1' become '2' - if you get what we're saying.


          Originally Posted by John Durham View Post






          5 calls per day, even qualified ones, MAY get you one sale per MONTH.

          After having seen thousands of phone people, Im telling you I have seen the very best...consultants, telemarketers, you name it.

          I agree that if someone told you a hundred calls per day as a newb you " may not ever have gotten started" (perhaps a good thing for some) ...but if they told you "5 calls per day" would get it, you may start, but you wouldnt continue most likely...because it wouldnt happen , at least there is more chance of getting struck by lightening.

          Perhaps with your other methods this adds up to a little biz here and there but nothing like a sale every day, or probably even MONTH for most. Which is okay as long as you state that, but I dont see it being stated.

          No matter how obviously sincere the intention is in posting, I still have to call BS when I see it, or else we have newbies chasing bears when they should be hunting coon, and they are going to get eaten alive and discouraged in their dreams.

          I think your overall plan is good, but this part is stretching it hard enough to make me think this is theory and not experience talking.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devid1
    Great business plan.I appreciate this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6553344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    The key here is to call consistently.

    Pick your time and from say 9 - 11AM every day Mon-Fri, that's what you're doing. Whether you feel like it or not. Whether your friend wants to meet for a coffee or not.

    At first, little will happen (probably). This is when just about everyone gives up. But it takes effort over time to build inertia. Getting sales on day 200 will be SO much easier than on day 2...so just stick with it, don't be in a rush. Know that day in, day out, this is what you will be doing.

    And the results will follow.

    The CEO of the $20 million company I work for--who I report to--started out in another industry. Back then he was doing sales (all presidents & CEOs do sales work, you'll discover--and the ones that came up through accounting or operations tend to not make it because they don't know how to grow the biz). Here's what he did:

    Drive to the next big city. Starting at 4AM, because it was 4 hours away. Then he'd work his way back home, visiting as many prospects as possible. Get home at 8PM and do it all over again.

    Do you think he wanted to do that? Probably not. But he made himself do it...because he wanted the end result.

    One of the other owners (there are 3 of them) worked for this guy back then. He hates cold calling. But he did it. From dinky Wilmington, NC (NOT an economic powerhouse) he closed 100 deals a month. The national average was 10. He was a top 5 producer for the whole country--from a lousy market.

    Effort is even more important than opportunity...at least, the opportunity an average person would typically see.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6569297].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      Effort is even more important than opportunity...at least, the opportunity an average person would typically see.
      That will be a life altering statement to someone.
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6569365].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author EmmaPowell
        Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

        The key here is to call consistently.

        Pick your time and from say 9 - 11AM every day Mon-Fri, that's what you're doing. Whether you feel like it or not. Whether your friend wants to meet for a coffee or not.

        At first, little will happen (probably). This is when just about everyone gives up. But it takes effort over time to build inertia. Getting sales on day 200 will be SO much easier than on day 2...so just stick with it, don't be in a rush. Know that day in, day out, this is what you will be doing.

        And the results will follow.

        The CEO of the $20 million company I work for--who I report to--started out in another industry. Back then he was doing sales (all presidents & CEOs do sales work, you'll discover--and the ones that came up through accounting or operations tend to not make it because they don't know how to grow the biz). Here's what he did:

        Drive to the next big city. Starting at 4AM, because it was 4 hours away. Then he'd work his way back home, visiting as many prospects as possible. Get home at 8PM and do it all over again.

        Do you think he wanted to do that? Probably not. But he made himself do it...because he wanted the end result.

        One of the other owners (there are 3 of them) worked for this guy back then. He hates cold calling. But he did it. From dinky Wilmington, NC (NOT an economic powerhouse) he closed 100 deals a month. The national average was 10. He was a top 5 producer for the whole country--from a lousy market.

        Effort is even more important than opportunity...at least, the opportunity an average person would typically see.
        This is SO true thanks for sharing! I don't like cold calling but I like getting paid (the result) so I do it!

        Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

        That will be a life altering statement to someone.
        I totally agree
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6571572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    Effort creates opportunity.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6569461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    You know your post just helped me a lot huge thanks for that.

    I just love how practical you kept all your advice (especially the 5 calls a day tip - makes it impossible to argue with lol).
    I finished my 8th website and all my jobs have been coming from referals. I don't advertise at all. So naturally now I'm out of web design jobs and the obvious reason WHY is I HAVEN'T CREATED A WEBSITE FOR MYSELF YET!!

    I literally wake up everyday, asking myself "how am I going to get leads today?" but I don't even have a website yet. So I jump to other things getting completely distracted like promoting clickbank offers on youtube.

    Its obvious I've jumped the gun in many ways and now I feel like I need to go back to square one, and do it the right way this time. I can probably message my past clients on linked in and see if they know anyone who needs a website.

    Too many people seem to get carried away with motivational fluff talk rather than detailed/sensible approaches like this (that actually cater to newbies perfectly). I know how important a site is but it seems I've convinced myself its not required merely from my last 8 jobs. Its becoming more than obvious not having a nice/quality site is causing far more harm than good right now. Worst case scenario I could be handing out flyers but not having a site screws that up.

    I don't even have a price list for my different services and have been doing everything on the fly (which again just isn't professional).

    I'm going to set a goal which is for the next 3 days I'll build a site, work on a price list, and get my first promotional brochure together.

    Then I'm going out handing out brochures anywhere I can. Maybe eventually I'll start picking up the phone too. What I know for a fact is I busted my ass on those 8 sites, they came out pretty nice (afaic) so at least I have something to show people now if they ask.

    Thanks! - Rob
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6571672].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author EmmaPowell
      Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

      You know your post just helped me a lot huge thanks for that.

      I just love how practical you kept all your advice (especially the 5 calls a day tip - makes it impossible to argue with lol).
      I finished my 8th website and all my jobs have been coming from referals. I don't advertise at all. So naturally now I'm out of web design jobs and the obvious reason WHY is I HAVEN'T CREATED A WEBSITE FOR MYSELF YET!!

      I literally wake up everyday, asking myself "how am I going to get leads today?" but I don't even have a website yet. So I jump to other things getting completely distracted like promoting clickbank offers on youtube.

      Its obvious I've jumped the gun in many ways and now I feel like I need to go back to square one, and do it the right way this time. I can probably message my past clients on linked in and see if they know anyone who needs a website.

      Too many people seem to get carried away with motivational fluff talk rather than detailed/sensible approaches like this (that actually cater to newbies perfectly). I know how important a site is but it seems I've convinced myself its not required merely from my last 8 jobs. Its becoming more than obvious not having a nice/quality site is causing far more harm than good right now. Worst case scenario I could be handing out flyers but not having a site screws that up.

      I don't even have a price list for my different services and have been doing everything on the fly (which again just isn't professional).

      I'm going to set a goal which is for the next 3 days I'll build a site, work on a price list, and get my first promotional brochure together.

      Then I'm going out handing out brochures anywhere I can. Maybe eventually I'll start picking up the phone too. What I know for a fact is I busted my ass on those 8 sites, they came out pretty nice (afaic) so at least I have something to show people now if they ask.

      Thanks! - Rob
      Seems like you got the message loud and clear - so happy for you!

      Good luck with your web designing business I am sure you will do GREAT!!!

      E
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Niks24
    Hi Emma,

    Its really a nice approach if you are a start up in business.

    Would you think if you would opt for freelance portals you will get the business immediately as when I started it took me around a month or so to get first work.

    Well I have Hired the team of Article Writers,please can you guide me how i can start up with it.
    Signature
    Served Over 100 customers and there needs with Web and Mobile Apps Development, if you are looking for one please connect with me with good turnaround.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dinoseo
    Thanks for this useful information hope it will help us to make a good start in this section.

    Regards,
    dennis
    Signature
    Dedicated Blogs


    Links from authority blog posts that comes from different C class IPs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clarajames
    That's good to know your business plan and it certainly will work and fetch you some business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573236].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Originally Posted by contentwriting360 View Post

    Hello John,

    Thank you for taking the courage to say 'BS' and to post a 'BS' image. I'm lucky that I work for Content Writing 360° and we have been taught to act and think without with our manners on. There's always a better way to express your objection.

    The Warrior Forum is a place to synergize. In a business meeting, the facilitator does not expect everyone to agree on his preposition or plan for his business. To synergize is not to equate uniformity to unity; sameness to oneness. This thread encourages all interested Warriors to unleash their differences. Be not afraid to toss your two cents. It is because of welcoming and acknowledging differences that most organizations succeed. But saying and posting a 'BS' message is definitely out of our league.

    You're saying that we (either or both Content Writing 360° and other respondents in this thread) speak theories and not by experience. For the record, I will tell you this. Not once did we post a thing that isn't based on Content Writing 360°'s experience.

    At Content Writing 360°, we're Help Desk Associates. We have worked with Fortune 500 companies. Yours truly have been tasked to lead the Resolutions Team. It's a team where they dump all 'irate' customers, yet we were expected to up-sell our products for these irate customers. With humbleness but with genuine pride, we were able to sell more than what the frontliners were able to sell.

    We won't disclose this Fortune 500 company's name for privacy purposes.
    That goes without saying though. Henceforth, when it comes to sales, it's not about the quantity of calls but the quality of your calls.

    Quality of calls can be achieved by speaking to your potential customer in a kind manner, without those 'BS' messages/images that most people can't even say face to face.

    Content Writing 360° is here to share best practices with Warriors, regardless if they're ordering their content writing needs from us or not. Content Writing 360° does not simply share to the world that '1+1=2'. We care to share how did '1+1' become '2' - if you get what we're saying.
    This (above) is a hilarious attempt at advertising your company, in the spammiest of ways but Okay... I'll bite...

    Sorry to politely tell you that I dont care who content writing 360 is, but you are in the offline forum and many of us hit the streets and phones daily, (cold calling-not customer service) and/or have years of past experience... and YOU are full of BS.

    You may believe your word is as good as mine, but mine is backed by the evidence of about 100 offline people with real life everyday experience who are NOT thanking you for your post right now, and havent since the thread started days ago- because its BS info.

    Sometimes what the right people DONT say, says a thousand words.

    Sorry.

    Sure we want to contribute synergistically, and all contribute and "talk" about "ideas", but we dont start threads to "teach" them as business plans , unless we know they are in stone workable and proven.

    At least not in the offline sub forum, "content writing 360".

    Its clear you are a good writer, but get too far into this with me and it will be clear that a pro offliner you are not.

    Continue at your own risk- Im bored.

    As to your "cowardice" implication- I say what I say face to face or not, this is my real name-- I can be found and located-verified...- who are YOU?

    (Undisclosed).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573500].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author contentwriting360
      Banned
      Hello John,

      Thank you for taking the time to respond.

      The way you define 'politeness' and say 'sorry,' it seems that Content Writing 360° has an entirely different dictionary, and we're blessed to have it.

      Content Writing 360° has only joined the Warrior Forum this June 2012 as per the recommendations of our offline business partners (we don't call them customers, but partners). In business, and in life in general, it's not a matter of 'what-I'm-saying-is-backed-by-100-people-with-real-life-everyday-experience.' It's how we say our words. It's how we make relations with people regardless of nationality, color of skin, religion, language or belief.

      You said that you don't know who Content Writing 360° is. It's not a matter of how well-known we are. It's a matter of how we introduce ourselves. It's how we sensitively respond to Warriors and non-Warriors, regardless if we object to what they say or not.

      Also, Content Writing 360° isn't in this forum or anywhere else to collect posts and thanks. Numbers will always be numbers. In the end, it's how we voice our opinion without causing someone utter an 'ouch!'

      Have a great weekend, John!

      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      Sorry to politely tell you that I dont care who con tent writing 360 is, but you are in the offline forum and we hit the streets and phones daily, and YOU are full of BS.

      You may believe your word is as good as mine, but mine is backed by the evidence about 100 offline people with real life everyday experience who are NOT thanking you for your post right now, and havent since the thread started days ago- because its BS.

      Sorry.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Originally Posted by contentwriting360 View Post

    Hello John,

    Thank you for taking the time to respond.

    The way you define 'politeness' and say 'sorry,' it seems that Content Writing 360° has an entirely different dictionary, and we're blessed to have it.

    Content Writing 360° has only joined the Warrior Forum this June 2012 as per the recommendations of our offline business partners (we don't call them customers, but partners). In business, and in life in general, it's not a matter of 'what-I'm-saying-is-backed-by-100-people-with-real-life-everyday-experience.' It's how we say our words. It's how we make relations with people regardless of nationality, color of skin, religion, language or belief.

    You said that you don't know who Content Writing 360° is. It's not a matter of how well-known we are. It's a matter of how we introduce ourselves. It's how we sensitively respond to Warriors and non-Warriors, regardless if we object to what they say or not.

    Also, Content Writing 360° isn't in this forum or anywhere else to collect posts and thanks. Numbers will always be numbers. In the end, it's how we voice our opinion without causing someone utter an 'ouch!'

    Have a great weekend, John!
    @ Content writing 360 (who refers to themselves in the third person? Okay)

    If you are "introducing" yourself as an offliner to the offline market and stating theory to experienced people... then why would I think you could understand my customers needs?

    Im not sure I'd trust you with my marketing.

    What are you going to make me a web page that tells a story of how Im really a secret rock star but my name cant be disclosed?

    On another note:

    Im a pro songwriter who had a publishing deal fulltime for 7 years... dont need lessons on flowery speech. Have hung with the best wordsmiths...I just dont choose to use my best words when outing a poser.

    You are selling us on your "politeness"... But people politely rip people off all the time...It would be a good start if you could sell us on believing you know anything about the offline stuff you are spewing here....

    You have the wrong idea, we are here to learn and teach, not post pats on each others back for good writing and good getting along.

    Anyway, Im done. I thought you were going to bring up valid points but all Im hearing is that you are polite.

    This isnt a real debate...

    (Tips his hat).

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573587].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author contentwriting360
      Banned
      Hello John,

      This turns out to be a very interesting thread (at least for me, as a Help Desk Associate). lol

      Clear enough, this is not a debate, because we don't engage ourselves in a debate. Just like what you said, we're here to learn and share some knowledge and experiences. I'm not sure where are you coming from with such reaction. lol

      For the record, we don't join threads and post to sell. There are better ways for us to sell our services. Anyhow, I do hope I didn't ruin your mood today.

      I do hope your reaction isn't like that when you meet people face to face.

      (I don't have a hat to tip) lol, again


      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      @ Content writing 360 (who refers to themselves in the third person? Okay)

      If you are "introducing" yourself as an offliner to the offline market and stating theory to experienced people... then why would I think you could understand my customers needs?

      Im not sure I'd trust you with my marketing.

      What are you going to make me a web page that tells a story of how Im really a secret rock star but my name cant be disclosed?

      On another note:

      Im a pro songwriter who had a publishing deal fulltime for 7 years... dont need lessons on flowery speech. Have hung with the best wordsmiths...I just dont choose to use my best words when outing a poser.

      You are selling us on your "politeness"... But people politely rip people off all the time...It would be a good start if you could sell us on believing you know anything about the offline stuff you are spewing here....

      You have the wrong idea, we are here to learn and teach, not post pats on each others back for good writing and good getting along.

      Anyway, Im done. I thought you were going to bring up valid points but all Im hearing is that you are polite.

      This isnt a real debate...

      (Tips his hat).

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Originally Posted by contentwriting360 View Post

    Hello John,

    This turns out to be a very interesting thread (at least for me, as a Help Desk Associate). lol

    Clear enough, this is not a debate, because we don't engage ourselves in a debate. Just like what you said, we're here to learn and share some knowledge and experiences. I'm not sure where are you coming from with such reaction. lol

    For the record, we don't join threads and post to sell. There are better ways for us to sell our services. Anyhow, I do hope I didn't ruin your mood today.

    I do hope your reaction isn't like that when you meet people face to face.

    (I don't have a hat to tip) lol, again
    No you arent ruining my mood, Im having fun with your irrelevant spam. It's hilarious.

    I have no agenda other than being an altruistic Warrior.

    Teach us more about cold calling...and your experience with it. Im sure the experience will ring through...

    You see it isnt about "collecting" thanks like notches in a bed post......its about that if you were making a valid point, others would be validating it with you who have experience by hitting thanks on their own accord.

    I dont see anyone experienced in the offline forum validating you.

    I have learned alot about how content writing 360 is very flowery and diplomatic...but also very ignorant about where to spend their posting talent, which hints of "lack of marketing knowledge".

    Whats more interesting is that I recognize some of content writings ways of referencing undisclosed clients... Keep going, you are comin out.

    Damn I have to do this every week!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573641].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author contentwriting360
      Banned
      Hello John,

      We don't spam. We're only responding every time you respond. Please note that we didn't pertain/refer to you on our very first post in this thread.

      If I'm not mistaken, we have a universally accepted objective definition for a 'spam' and not a subjective one. We don't call an email or a reply to our post as a 'spam' just because it's not our cup of tea.

      Hit us on Skype at 'contentwriting360' so I can endorse you to my fellow Help Desk Associate so we can continuously chat about whatever topic we may help you with.

      Have a great day ahead, John. I'm done on my shift for today. See you around.


      (he can't tip a hat because he doesn't wear a hat)


      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      No you arent ruining my mood, Im having fun with your irrelevant spam. It hilarious.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    My "objective", and Warrior duty, has been accomplished as well. Later.

    In the end , I would hire this guy for cs because he is diplomatic, but his cold calling advice is virtually worthless.

    As far as content?

    I like mine less boring and more shocking.

    Maybe some hate it, but we spew the truth...with "conviction"- not diplomacy - its not a popularity contest, it just happens to be popular.

    Passion always is with either one side or the other.

    Results always are too.

    Of course if one prefers they can be lead into a ditch-diplomatically. At least it will give them warm fuzzies going down.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573673].message }}
  • Emma the great thing about is, you've taken massive action and that is a stem in the right direction.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6574395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EmmaPowell
    WHOA!!!

    I just read the rest of this thread.... um SIDE TRACK

    The whole idea is staring somewhere with a plan and chasing warm and cold leads....

    I have used everyone of these methods to close sales, they work.

    If you want to scale an offline business to full time then guess what??? Gotta scale up the marketing....

    Making 5 calls a day for someone staring out is a STARTING POINT!! Its better than none

    John instead of attacking people would have been nice to see something constructive here - maybe your experience in cold calling?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6578613].message }}

Trending Topics