Best SEO Reporting Software To Create SEO Report For New Client?

28 replies
Hey Offliners,

I'm really after some help here :rolleyes:

I would like to create an initial SEO and current keyword ranking report for my client, to show them what they currently rank for.

Is there anything that can not only check for keywords that I ask, but also search and list what keywords the website already ranks for??

Thanks very much for your help!

Nick
#client #create #report #reporting #seo #software
  • Profile picture of the author IM nice guy
    does that give me a nice report, that I can show to my client?

    I thought it was more of an SEO research tool?
    Signature

    Warriors - Try LINKVANA For Just $14 First Month, Including Credits To Try Out The System! Check it out!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6587562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greg71
    I got a wso, Page One Infiltrator. It does on-page pdf reports.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6589983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Marco
    You should not use tools to create seo report. You should use google analytics and google webmaster to create report. As every software has its own results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6590263].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author justin490
      Originally Posted by Simon Marco View Post

      You should not use tools to create seo report. You should use google analytics and google webmaster to create report. As every software has its own results.
      Thanks to introduce me with that ...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6912801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kevinenrique
    Ibp seo software produces great reports that will no doubt impress your prospects/customers, but it's expensive...
    It does many other things besides reporting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6590398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mach1Marketing
    Fiverr...I usually jump on and get a prospective clients report within hours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6591579].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6593625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author milla30
    Use Google Analytics. It is free and better than any others.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6593797].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
      Okay, so you're saying the Google analytics is the best ranking report for a brand-new website that you're trying to gather data for?

      I'm trying to sell businesses my services. With this being said, how my going to throw Google analytics on something within a span of an hour? I am willing to pay for a software program that can run reports that clients can actually understand.

      Does anybody have any further suggestions?
      Signature

      Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6900001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deu12000
    WebCEO gives you good reports also. I haven't used it in a while with clients, but when I have they've always been impressed with the information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6900587].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Dittberner
      I'd personally skip the report. Most prospects aren't going to understand it anyway unless you can explain everything.

      If you want to demonstrate a big picture need, run their site through something like WooRank or any other online scanner that spits out a "school grade" like ranking/point system and covers several areas so you're not just selling ranking a keyword or two.

      Then fire up Jing/Snagit/your favorite screencaster tool and explain their needs, how you can fix them, and what it means when they are fixed.

      Google "SEO Infographics" and find some visual elements to support whatever you talking about for those visual learners.

      Scaling is your biggest concern, so I'd suggest doing a generic industry video and fire off the same video to every caterer or chiropractor or whoever you are targeting.

      Or you can simply target a company, pull up their site and a few competitors in Alexa and do a screencast showing the "Search Analytics" tabs of their site vs the top three on Google. Focus on the keyword 1-month traction they lost to press that pain point.

      If you want extra credit, do the videos without ever even mentioning the words SEO/Search Engine Optimization or any other "technospeak" as some prospects will see it. You will be "relatable" and you already know people do business with people they know, like, and trust.

      Best of luck.
      Signature

      Connect with me on Twitter @jdittber

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6907055].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jonathan Joseph
        Well explained Jason, thanks for sharing!

        Originally Posted by Jason Dittberner View Post

        I'd personally skip the report. Most prospects aren't going to understand it anyway unless you can explain everything.

        If you want to demonstrate a big picture need, run their site through something like WooRank or any other online scanner that spits out a "school grade" like ranking/point system and covers several areas so you're not just selling ranking a keyword or two.

        Then fire up Jing/Snagit/your favorite screencaster tool and explain their needs, how you can fix them, and what it means when they are fixed.

        Google "SEO Infographics" and find some visual elements to support whatever you talking about for those visual learners.

        Scaling is your biggest concern, so I'd suggest doing a generic industry video and fire off the same video to every caterer or chiropractor or whoever you are targeting.

        Or you can simply target a company, pull up their site and a few competitors in Alexa and do a screencast showing the "Search Analytics" tabs of their site vs the top three on Google. Focus on the keyword 1-month traction they lost to press that pain point.

        If you want extra credit, do the videos without ever even mentioning the words SEO/Search Engine Optimization or any other "technospeak" as some prospects will see it. You will be "relatable" and you already know people do business with people they know, like, and trust.

        Best of luck.
        Signature

        Jon

        "Success comes when people act together; failure tends to happen alone." -- Deepak Chopra

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6918075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author justin490
    Please suggest me some article submission sites. I am facing problem of declining articals. I am submitting unique article,after that they are going to rejected. Please suggest me some article and bookmarking where i get good response... I will wait for reply of you all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6912872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lonestar164
    I must be missing something about Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools. I was unaware someone else could access all of that information about a site that they do not have access to the GA and WT dashboard. If that's so, fill me in on how to get my competitors vital information.

    I would respectfully disagree about skipping the report. I would say it is a major tool when it comes to getting clients. Business owners that *want* to get customers, that know their competition is beating them online, that understand how people are/can find them will want the report to see what the score is. It creates need. It becomes a launching pad for discussion and a tool to justify investment.

    I think the key to a report is presentation. It can't talk over their head and it must explain a few (emphasis on few) key metrics to emphasize.

    I agree with the software mentioned above, except I was unaware Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools made their information available to the public.
    Signature

    Cutting edge SEO strategies from one of the top SEO specialists on the Warrior Forum. Click here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6913541].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Carl Fridsjö
      Originally Posted by lonestar164 View Post

      I must be missing something about Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools. I was unaware someone else could access all of that information about a site that they do not have access to the GA and WT dashboard. If that's so, fill me in on how to get my competitors vital information.

      I would respectfully disagree about skipping the report. I would say it is a major tool when it comes to getting clients. Business owners that *want* to get customers, that know their competition is beating them online, that understand how people are/can find them will want the report to see what the score is. It creates need. It becomes a launching pad for discussion and a tool to justify investment.

      I think the key to a report is presentation. It can't talk over their head and it must explain a few (emphasis on few) key metrics to emphasize.

      I agree with the software mentioned above, except I was unaware Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools made their information available to the public.
      As soon as you start working with a SEO client you obviously install analytics for them or if they already have it you demand access to it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6914254].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author seocognition
        Yes, I would really love to know the best paid and free versions of ranking report software, and why you use the one that you use.

        I've heard quite a bit about Rank Tracker and Raven Tools.

        At the present time, I do not have enough money to pay a monthly subscription. If my hard work pays off, however I won't have to worry about this. Love to know what the consensus would say.

        Thank you so much,

        SEO Cognition
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6915990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michealburns
    I prefer to use IBP. IBP is simply the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6918842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rocketmonkey
    I have been using Rank Ranger, you can do up 5 clients for 19 bucks a month. Rank Ranger shows where clients site is for the Keyword we are aiming for, 1,2,3 etc and on what Search Engine, as well as the Google Place Page placement which is pretty slick! So with my reports I can show monthly how we move them up the ranking, this combined with Google Analytics screened shot using Jing keeping my clients pretty happy.

    I just use Word Doc template I created with my Logo and contact info and just slap it all together in a Word doc then create itnto a PDF.

    GL!

    KP
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7064532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seocognition
    Thanks for the great info, however, I've just acquired SEO PowerSuite for $399!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7065450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrian84
    What I can suggest is to try Seolize.

    It's a tool with a good set of features for SEO which can give you some very good reports to hand to website owners on the state of their website.

    Seolize - Specialize in SEO | SEO Software
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9431819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MeAlaister
    Hey Use ANALYTIC SEO Very advanced tool. Rich graphic and very easy to make/analyse/compare report.
    30 day trial pack available for testing . i am currently using this app.
    SEO Software | Online SEO & Social Marketing Platform | SEO Reporting Tool
    Signature
    ACCA BANGALORE BEST FINANCIAL INSTITUTE IN KERALA

    Enjoy your Holidays with Maximum .. we offers best Software development company in dubai and Qatar,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9431846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BoostSales
    You could also try software like SerpSuite.com to check rankings over time.

    Another good one is MajesticSEO.com to check for backlinks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9524994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Action Man
    try not doing seo at all, and just a build it using Googles guidelines?

    https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/35769?hl=en

    cheers

    it works for me!

    Jim
    Signature

    "Love conquers all things except poverty and toothache" (Mae West)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9525245].message }}
  • How to increase the traffic for a site?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9525580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chriswilliams45
    People that say "Google Adwords" tool don't understand your question.

    There are a bunch... Online Marketing Tools and Reporting Software - Raven and Home :: SEOexpositor - insanely simple SEO dashboard
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10088999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author martbost
    We currently use SEOProfiler.com as our suite of choice for client reporting. It took a while searching for the right White Label combination, but these guys are working out great for our needs. They cost $99 per month on the plan we are on but there are no per-report charges like some of the others out there.

    Our scheduled client reports for ranking, keyword opportunities, etc. all make to the client's inbox as well.

    Just my two cents
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10095612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jillz mith
    You can use Google Webmaster Tools, on there you can check your indexed keywords with serp position. After collecting all the keywords you can use rankerizer to check the current keywords position and generate report.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10111055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbreeden
    I have found for a quick free report that you can give a client without branding go to:
    https://www.freeseoreport.com

    I use Google Chrome for this so I can Select the output on the page and then I right click choose Print.
    In the print out I choose Print Selection and Turn Off the headers.

    Simply Print to PDF Creator or on paper.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10111791].message }}

Trending Topics