Truthfully, out of the almost 6 months I have been doing this (since early March), this is the first month I took an interest in recording down as many numbers as I could.
Although there might be some risk in revealing these, I know I always wanted this kind of info for comparison from others, so why not put my hand up and just do it.
So, in a nutshell :
My Targets for July
700 cold dials to 2 niches (electricians and painters)
$5440 in Sales of Website Design, Website Hosting, SEO and Google Places
(4 x Websites for $997 + $360 a year, didn't have GP/SEO specific targets)
My Actual Figures for July
346 cold dials to the 2 niches
$7404 in Sales (4 x Websites+Hosting for $1177, $1357, $450 and $1360. 3 x SEO/GP for 6 and 12 months, $1050, $850 and $800 respectively. Yes, some people got ridiculously cheap SEO/GP deals, but the keywords are low competition so meh. Finally, I got a plumber pay for hosting for 12 months, for $360. He will have the site designed later.)
So, yeah. The unfortunate part of this month was that 2 of these haven't made deposits yet, just verbal confirmation. But I have spoken to each on the phone 5-6 times negotiating the deals and they both ended the negotiations in the last few days with 'yes, let's do it', so I count them as sales.
Also of note :
- 1 sale ($1500) was from previous cold calling, about 2 months back. He contacted me again and wanted to go ahead with a site and Google Places.
- Another sale ($1360) was from a round of emails I sent out at the end of June, but he didn't go ahead until July so I counted it in this month.
- Finally, the last sale I got was TODAY (31st) from a referral from one of my current clients. He referred a plumbing business who paid for 12 months hosting and a domain which they want the site done later in August.
So, just for those of you who are cold calling (and those who aren't but SHOULD BE!!), this month I got :
- 3 Sales from purely cold calling ($1157 + $1357 + $850)
- So out of 346 dials, I made $3364.
Please leave any questions and I will add them as EDITs in the OP. Thanks.