Help! Where Can I Find Commission-Only Sale People For My SEO/SMM/Lead Gen Company???

by The-English-Webmistress 6 replies
EDIT

Oopsie!

Connection issues at this end meant I posted the same thread twice. WF server went down just as I was posting, then came back up when I was trying again...Moderator can go ahead and delete one of these copies (hopefully one that doesn't have responses on it!


Heeeeelp! I've been trying to find a commission-only salesperson for months, who will really be active and get the job done.

Can anyone tell me where I can find one online?

I've already been burned a couple of times by people who live off the basic salary I pay without bringing in the goods, or say they're happy with commission-only and then slink away into obscurity (along with all of my training materials and time!) as soon as some other job opportunity opens up...

My story is that I find that most of my clients want face-to-face, eyeball-to-eyeball conversations before they're willing to sign up to my services, even after they've seen my portfolio, and watched the personalised video I put together for them. This has been OK whilst I've been quietly working with locally-based companies here in Latin America for the last few years. This is an area of the world where pretty much all deals are still sealed with a recommendation from a friend of a cousin, a nod of approval from grandma, quick handshake, and a beer.

However, now I want to access a wider clientele in other countries. But when I speak to people on the phone I get a lot of, "It's a lot of money. Can you come over to the office and talk about it in person first?" Which is a bit difficult for me as I'm in Central America and popping into that chiropodist's office in New York is likely to entail 24 hour's travel and a $1,000 plane ticket!

So... on to Plan B.

I need a sales person - someone who really knows how to close $1,500 - $7,500 deals, not just do basic telemarketing - who's based in the USA, Canada or the UK who works on a commission-only basis, and who's prepared to visit offices as well as work over the phone.

Now, for those who are about to write and moan at me that I'll "never find someone that good who'll only take commission, blah-blah, wasting your time, blah", I've already decided to to share 30% of initial sales and am happy to cover costs of the phone calls. Also I'd love to hear how YOU'VE found someone to do this kind of high-end sales work for you.

I've searched and scoured the web and can't find a single resource dedicated specifically to offering a place for commission-only sales people to 'hang out' (hmmm, maybe I should create one, right?).

So, can anyone help me out with any ideas, please?
#offline marketing #commissiononly #company #find #gen #people #sale #seo or smm or lead
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Jon Martin
    I'm trying to find commission-based sales people all over the continent myself, and it's hard to find dedicated people who know what they're doing with a commission-only attitude. Can't blame them though, but it's tough!

    Hope you find someone, and if you or anybody else could direct us to some nice resources it would be awesome!
    Signature
    "Be the hero of your own movie."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6718435].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Alanis Morissette View Post

      I'm trying to find commission-based sales people all over the continent myself, and it's hard to find dedicated people who know what they're doing with a commission-only attitude. Can't blame them though, but it's tough!

      Hope you find someone, and if you or anybody else could direct us to some nice resources it would be awesome!
      Hi there Jon, Thanks for your response. Tough... yeah, I know, right?!

      Actually, one really great resource that was suggested to me was The Telemarketing Forum. Absolutely EXCELLENT forum! There's a board for posting and applying for sales roles too, but it doesn't seem to be very active so I don't think it'll be of much use to me.

      Still, if nothing else, the forum's a great place to get ideas for source for sales scripts, and mentoring.
      Signature
      The-English-Webmistress is really Andrea, who went backpacking the world, accidentally landed in Panama, Central America, and never left. (Beaches! Mountains! Hot latin music! Piña Coladas!) She doesn't miss the London commute AT ALL...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6745668].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jon Martin
        Originally Posted by The-English-Webmistress View Post

        Hi there Jon, Thanks for your response. Tough... yeah, I know, right?!

        Actually, one really great resource that was suggested to me was The Telemarketing Forum. Absolutely EXCELLENT forum! There's a board for posting and applying for sales roles too, but it doesn't seem to be very active so I don't think it'll be of much use to me.

        Still, if nothing else, the forum's a great place to get ideas for source for sales scripts, and mentoring.
        Thanks for the heads up! I'm signed up @ the telemarketing forum but I have yet to dig into the goldmine of information there. I'll check it out tonight -- thanks!

        Best of luck finding these reps. Please do let me know if you find any other nice resources! I'll do the same for you.
        Signature
        "Be the hero of your own movie."
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6746462].message }}
        • Originally Posted by Alanis Morissette View Post

          Thanks for the heads up! I'm signed up @ the telemarketing forum but I have yet to dig into the goldmine of information there. I'll check it out tonight -- thanks!

          Best of luck finding these reps. Please do let me know if you find any other nice resources! I'll do the same for you.
          You're on my friend. YOU. ARE. ON! I think somebody should create some kind of repository of this kind of salespeople information.

          Maybe that's a job for you...?
          Signature
          The-English-Webmistress is really Andrea, who went backpacking the world, accidentally landed in Panama, Central America, and never left. (Beaches! Mountains! Hot latin music! Piña Coladas!) She doesn't miss the London commute AT ALL...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6746673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
    Originally Posted by The-English-Webmistress View Post

    EDIT

    Oopsie!

    Connection issues at this end meant I posted the same thread twice. WF server went down just as I was posting, then came back up when I was trying again...Moderator can go ahead and delete one of these copies (hopefully one that doesn't have responses on it!


    Heeeeelp! I've been trying to find a commission-only salesperson for months, who will really be active and get the job done.

    Can anyone tell me where I can find one online?

    I've already been burned a couple of times by people who live off the basic salary I pay without bringing in the goods, or say they're happy with commission-only and then slink away into obscurity (along with all of my training materials and time!) as soon as some other job opportunity opens up...

    My story is that I find that most of my clients want face-to-face, eyeball-to-eyeball conversations before they're willing to sign up to my services, even after they've seen my portfolio, and watched the personalised video I put together for them. This has been OK whilst I've been quietly working with locally-based companies here in Latin America for the last few years. This is an area of the world where pretty much all deals are still sealed with a recommendation from a friend of a cousin, a nod of approval from grandma, quick handshake, and a beer.

    However, now I want to access a wider clientele in other countries. But when I speak to people on the phone I get a lot of, "It's a lot of money. Can you come over to the office and talk about it in person first?" Which is a bit difficult for me as I'm in Central America and popping into that chiropodist's office in New York is likely to entail 24 hour's travel and a $1,000 plane ticket!

    So... on to Plan B.

    I need a sales person - someone who really knows how to close $1,500 - $7,500 deals, not just do basic telemarketing - who's based in the USA, Canada or the UK who works on a commission-only basis, and who's prepared to visit offices as well as work over the phone.

    Now, for those who are about to write and moan at me that I'll "never find someone that good who'll only take commission, blah-blah, wasting your time, blah", I've already decided to to share 30% of initial sales and am happy to cover costs of the phone calls. Also I'd love to hear how YOU'VE found someone to do this kind of high-end sales work for you.

    I've searched and scoured the web and can't find a single resource dedicated specifically to offering a place for commission-only sales people to 'hang out' (hmmm, maybe I should create one, right?).

    So, can anyone help me out with any ideas, please?
    Good luck with that, for a few reasons, anyone that can one call close or one walk in close a 7500 dollar deal, is EITHER a brand new to sales guy, and has had success because he has some " inner talent / gift " and their egos are so out of check, they think they people owe then the world, so you, with your start up isn't interesting to them. OR they are season pro's, who already have a excellent paying job / business.

    First let me address hiring sales people on comm basis alone.

    they have all been screwed over at some point or another. You cannot say or do
    anything that they have not already seen or heard.

    they are skeptical.

    You, HAVE to sell them on your idea / job /opportunity.

    end of story.

    IF you cannot sell them, you cannot hire them.

    NEXT:

    "But when I speak to people on the phone I get a lot of, "It's a lot of money. Can you come over to the office and talk about it in person first?""

    that is a blow off. NOT a reason to hire sales people, and if you dont understand that, you need to keep your payout salary in your pocket a little longer
    and learn why it is so.

    you want USA bizz? and you say your Latin? google USA latin communities
    find where they are. Call them your self, try and sell them, keep trying to your
    successful, then after you can repeat the results, then start hiring, because you
    have a proven system.

    I only say latin, because it will be easier for you to transition.

    If you call texas, you will prob get a big goose egg for your efforts
    if you call, say "bronx ny " or some sections of cali, you will prob make a few sales... until you perfect things... and then you can make a killing.


    I am only responding to this thread because no one else did, and you looked like
    you needed a helping hand.

    maybe i am way off base, but i don't think so, sales is sales, and you have to start with the basics.
    Signature

    Selling Ain't for Sissies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6719802].message }}
    • Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

      Good luck with that, for a few reasons, anyone that can one call close or one walk in close a 7500 dollar deal, is EITHER a brand new to sales guy, and has had success because he has some " inner talent / gift " and their egos are so out of check, they think they people owe then the world, so you, with your start up isn't interesting to them. OR they are season pro's, who already have a excellent paying job / business.

      First let me address hiring sales people on comm basis alone.

      they have all been screwed over at some point or another. You cannot say or do
      anything that they have not already seen or heard.

      they are skeptical.

      You, HAVE to sell them on your idea / job /opportunity.

      end of story.

      IF you cannot sell them, you cannot hire them.

      NEXT:

      "But when I speak to people on the phone I get a lot of, "It's a lot of money. Can you come over to the office and talk about it in person first?""

      that is a blow off. NOT a reason to hire sales people, and if you dont understand that, you need to keep your payout salary in your pocket a little longer
      and learn why it is so.

      you want USA bizz? and you say your Latin? google USA latin communities
      find where they are. Call them your self, try and sell them, keep trying to your
      successful, then after you can repeat the results, then start hiring, because you
      have a proven system.

      I only say latin, because it will be easier for you to transition.

      If you call texas, you will prob get a big goose egg for your efforts
      if you call, say "bronx ny " or some sections of cali, you will prob make a few sales... until you perfect things... and then you can make a killing.


      I am only responding to this thread because no one else did, and you looked like
      you needed a helping hand.

      maybe i am way off base, but i don't think so, sales is sales, and you have to start with the basics.
      Hi there Ken,

      Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. I think you're right. I will have to treat my salesteam just like partners in the business and 'sell them' on what a wonderful investment their time and effort will be. I've prepared for that. The videos, site, contacts and so on that I've got for them is tip-top, and I've had it prepared for a good while.

      No, I'm not a Latina. I'm IN Latin-America! I'm actually British, formerly based in London. I've been marketing with pretty good success to the local community here in Latin America for a while, but in these areas the spending power is a good deal lower than in other countries, and if I really want to move ahead economically, I need to go where companies are used to shelling out substantial figures for automated services online. This is still a VERY new concept here where few people even own a credit card and almost no-one knows what the heckerooni PayPal is...
      Signature
      The-English-Webmistress is really Andrea, who went backpacking the world, accidentally landed in Panama, Central America, and never left. (Beaches! Mountains! Hot latin music! Piña Coladas!) She doesn't miss the London commute AT ALL...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6745723].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics