I want to help you close your customers!!

76 replies
I am a bit new at WF. After reading a lot of these post. I keep seeing people having trouble closing customers.

I WANT TO HELP!! (FREE)

Ask me any question, About any customer and I will give "the sauce" to get back in there and get the deal.

I believe at any meeting with a customer. You have a deal every single time!!

Its all in how well you listen and how creative you can respond... PERIOD!



Once again This is "FREE" Advise...
Worst thing that can happen is you close the deal!!

Some of you might have heard me in a few Webinars I did with Brian Anderson/Liquid SEO

I kinda forgot about WF and just wanted to get back on here and help a few of you!



I have been in sales all my life. Made my first million before i was 30yrs old. in case you wanna know who i am...
#close #customers
  • Profile picture of the author wlasikiewicz
    i have an ebook im selling online, could you get people to buy it? ill offer you £5 per sale if you can, PM me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722327].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      I am talking about closing customers! No i don't want to email your book to a "list" and hope they buy it!

      This is FREE offline sales advise! Just trying to give back a little MAN!
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722345].message }}
      • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722360].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
          What is not real??? Im online right now. I have a lay over for 3 hours sitting here at JFK


          FIRE AWAY IM READY!
          Signature

          `Syd Michael
          "The Real Deal"

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722390].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
          Originally Posted by kirbymarketingconcierge View Post

          this is not real.
          How exactly have you managed to come to this conclusion?

          Just think of some scenario you had where you didn't get the deal and put it to him.

          His answer will tell you if he knows whats what.

          Dan

          PS: Just saw your post. What you have quoted is pretty much correct. Ask any top producer in any sales environment.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PeacefulCalamity
    I can tell, you're going to be a really funny guy.
    Signature

    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
    Go where?? Is there a way you people know how to profit from free advise?? Tell me i need it in my BAG!!

    If not, Fire away!! I can close anybody, ANYWHERE!

    Now if someone has a legitimate customer issue ASK AWAY!

    Now lets get serious! and Kirby you go sell a vacuum. Where its "REAL"
    Signature

    `Syd Michael
    "The Real Deal"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722532].message }}
    • Form - SydMichael

      I believe at any meeting with a customer. You have a deal every single time!!

      Its all in how well you listen and how creative you can respond... PERIOD!


      __________________________________________________ ________


      Objection : your full of crap, i don't believe you. It' not Real

      Go:

      this is a learning experience, so go.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
    Im just trying to help. If there is a scam way to screw over people by doing this? i dont know of it.

    this is bazar
    Signature

    `Syd Michael
    "The Real Deal"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
    What do you do when you are trying to pitch the guy over the phone and you can tell that he probably has interest from the tone of his voice BUT he is like call me in a few days or whatever (not because he is blowing you off, just because they are used to saying that and everyone complies in fear of losing a sale) and you need to get him to pay attention NOW and decide if this idea is worth pursing via face to face or if it isnt.
    Signature
    Promise Big.
    Deliver Bigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722572].message }}
    • would it better to start on the elementary stuff:

      It costs too much?
      I do that already?
      I have a guy?
      we like what you do, call us back next month.
      I have to talk with my partner


      etc..,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722615].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Eddie that happens a lot! doesn't it? What i always do because your just a "voice" on the phone and its easy to hang up and forget about you. Switch the conversation from selling product to making an appointment. You have a 67% higher chance of closing a customer that agrees to an appointment! Does that help?
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722629].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
        Originally Posted by SydMichael View Post

        Eddie that happens a lot! doesn't it? What i always do because your just a "voice" on the phone and its easy to hang up and forget about you. Switch the conversation from selling product to making an appointment. You have a 67% higher chance of closing a customer that agrees to an appointment! Does that help?
        What if that isn't possible, because the distance is too great?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722709].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
          That happens often also Jason. You have to push without pushing. Nobody likes an aggressive sales person that doesnt listen.

          Here is some ways to pressure without coming across with pressure.

          EXAMPLE: "Im not about high pressure but what would it take to earn you business today"

          See people hear your "not one to pressure" but then you follow it with a "Do it now" question.
          Also "The one asking the questions is the one controlling the conversation" Try not to tell war stories but always listen to theirs. People love talking about them selves. Hope that helps Jason
          Signature

          `Syd Michael
          "The Real Deal"

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
    Thats my point, trying to set the appt BUT I have to talk to them for a few minutes in order to qualify. I just need good way to say "if you have any interest pay attention now or I can call back in a hour but im cant call you next week because the opportunity wont be available then"
    Signature
    Promise Big.
    Deliver Bigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
    Eddie, Also if in your conversation your able to get any kind of personal info (Favorite ball club, Fishing,etc..) it gives you an off business reason to re-contact him. Tweet or email or call. i always like to research a little and follow up with facts about his biz.

    Another thing that has worked in the past a bunch is "last thing"
    ask him to tell you "whats one reason you wouldn't buy this?" Sometimes they tell you what you didnt see getting in the way before. Then you solve the issue and go for the close! Hope this helps
    Signature

    `Syd Michael
    "The Real Deal"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722694].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      What are you selling Eddie?
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
    Also Jason resetting a call back is the next best thing to an appointment. Set the Call back if they are to busy to talk. One thing I like to say is " I know your busy, Im busy too"

    I understand we all get that "one guy" the impossible close. But i have found every time i didn't close a deal. its because i didn't fact find enough.

    The second thing is: Your on a phone!! You can be anybody you want! Be confident. People love to follow. They just don't want to follow an idiot
    Signature

    `Syd Michael
    "The Real Deal"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722768].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mak25
      Originally Posted by SydMichael View Post

      That happens often also Jason. You have to push without pushing. Nobody likes an aggressive sales person that doesnt listen.

      Here is some ways to pressure without coming across with pressure.

      EXAMPLE: "Im not about high pressure but what would it take to earn you business today"

      See people hear your "not one to pressure" but then you follow it with a "Do it now" question.
      Also "The one asking the questions is the one controlling the conversation" Try not to tell war stories but always listen to theirs. People love talking about them selves. Hope that helps Jason
      Originally Posted by SydMichael View Post

      Also Jason resetting a call back is the next best thing to an appointment. Set the Call back if they are to busy to talk. One thing I like to say is " I know your busy, Im busy too"

      I understand we all get that "one guy" the impossible close. But i have found every time i didn't close a deal. its because i didn't fact find enough.

      The second thing is: Your on a phone!! You can be anybody you want! Be confident. People love to follow. They just don't want to follow an idiot
      Thanks for the reply to Jason's question my friend.

      That's something that's been on my mind.

      I've been selling locally (within maybe 20 mile radius) via telephone prospecting, setting up appointments, then face-to-face closing.

      BUT - I'm trying to branch out to cover my tri-state area, and driving to appointments that incur driving for hours is not what I want to do. Nor is it cost effective.

      So any other advice on telephone closing would sure be appreciated.

      Oh...welcome to the forum.
      Signature

      How to Make Your First $100
      Online in the Next 7 Days...
      The Piggyback Method

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722832].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kimboslice
        Originally Posted by mak25 View Post

        Thanks for the reply to Jason's question my friend.

        That's something that's been on my mind.

        I've been selling locally (within maybe 20 mile radius) via telephone prospecting, setting up appointments, then face-to-face closing.

        BUT - I'm trying to branch out to cover my tri-state area, and driving to appointments that incur driving for hours is not what I want to do. Nor is it cost effective.

        So any other advice on telephone closing would sure be appreciated.

        Oh...welcome to the forum.
        I screenshare with hxxp://join.me if they are to far away to drive to and close them that way. It's easier than a straight phone close but not as effective as a face to face.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6731044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rearden
    Not everyone is a prospect.

    "I don't give my banking info over the phone." Handle that objection on a cold call without giving out a reference list.
    Signature
    David Duford -- Providing On-Going, Personalized Mentorship And Training From A Real Final Expense Producer To Agents New To The Final Expense Life Insurance Business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722830].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mak25
      Originally Posted by Rearden View Post

      Not everyone is a prospect.

      "I don't give my banking info over the phone." Handle that objection on a cold call without giving out a reference list.
      This is what I'm afraid will happen if I want to close deals over the phone, on a one call close situation.
      Signature

      How to Make Your First $100
      Online in the Next 7 Days...
      The Piggyback Method

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722841].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
        Originally Posted by mak25 View Post

        This is what I'm afraid will happen if I want to close deals over the phone, on a one call close situation.
        What do you sell Bro?
        Signature

        `Syd Michael
        "The Real Deal"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722961].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mak25
          Originally Posted by SydMichael View Post

          What do you sell Bro?
          See my avatar.
          Mobile apps for restaurants

          Thanks my friend
          Signature

          How to Make Your First $100
          Online in the Next 7 Days...
          The Piggyback Method

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723629].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
            Originally Posted by mak25 View Post

            See my avatar.
            Mobile apps for restaurants

            Thanks my friend
            Ok so if i understand your question right... Your calling a restaurant and the guy is shooting you down with saying

            "I don't give out my banking info over the phone?"

            No Problem I will send you an invoice??

            I can come pick up the check??

            Just mail the check to 123 anywhere st??


            Not sure if i'm answering your question right but i hope that helps.
            Signature

            `Syd Michael
            "The Real Deal"

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723908].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author mak25
            Originally Posted by mak25 View Post

            Thanks for the reply to Jason's question my friend.

            That's something that's been on my mind.

            I've been selling locally (within maybe 20 mile radius) via telephone prospecting, setting up appointments, then face-to-face closing.

            BUT - I'm trying to branch out to cover my tri-state area, and driving to appointments that incur driving for hours is not what I want to do. Nor is it cost effective.

            So any other advice on telephone closing would sure be appreciated.

            Oh...welcome to the forum.
            Originally Posted by SydMichael View Post

            What do you sell Bro?
            Originally Posted by mak25 View Post

            See my avatar.
            Mobile apps for restaurants

            Thanks my friend
            Thanks everyone as to receiving payment over the phone.

            BUT - I'm finding it difficult to close over the phone since when I'm face-to-face I can let them see, feel, touch what I'm offering to them.

            Any suggestions as to how to overcome this via the phone so as to rid myself of having to drive miles and miles would be a great help.
            Signature

            How to Make Your First $100
            Online in the Next 7 Days...
            The Piggyback Method

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724071].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
        Originally Posted by mak25 View Post

        This is what I'm afraid will happen if I want to close deals over the phone, on a one call close situation.

        I email invoices that they can pay via Paypal if they are scared. never had that problem. Hell, If its a big enough contact i would send a Currier to pick it up. maybe even drive there myself! lol
        Signature

        `Syd Michael
        "The Real Deal"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723211].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Rearden That's a hard one i know! For me to better answer this what do you sell?
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722846].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Also guys don't forget or over see any "Lead Group" or "Chamber Group" It gives people a chance to meet you and see your real.

      Plus it warms up the leads!
      At times you can get a referral... Im sure we all LOVE referrals! That's the cream!
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
      Originally Posted by Rearden View Post

      Not everyone is a prospect.

      "I don't give my banking info over the phone." Handle that objection on a cold call without giving out a reference list.
      A couple options:

      - Get their email address and send them an invoice to pay via any payment processor

      - Have them go to your website and pay (as long as you have some sort of payment gateway setup)
      Signature
      Want to speed up your writing and save time?
      This book will show you how:
      --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723239].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
        Originally Posted by bhuff85 View Post

        A couple options:

        - Get their email address and send them an invoice to pay via any payment processor

        - Have them go to your website and pay (as long as you have some sort of payment gateway setup)
        Great Input! thx Huff
        Signature

        `Syd Michael
        "The Real Deal"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723364].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kvnkane
      Originally Posted by Rearden View Post

      Not everyone is a prospect.

      "I don't give my banking info over the phone." Handle that objection on a cold call without giving out a reference list.
      "sure thats fine, i can take a cheque in the mail or i can send you an electronic invoice to your email, which is going to work best for you today. "
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6731332].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Delsworld
    Hey Syd, How should you handle the question "how much does it cost"
    Signature

    Get PR1-PR8 Contextual Links From Actual PR Pages.
    Permanent, Homepage, Relevant Niches From $1 per Link! $50 Bonus here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6722945].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Originally Posted by Delsworld View Post

      Hey Syd, How should you handle the question "how much does it cost"
      It depends on what you sell but i will use SEO as an Example.

      When somebody ask me "What does it cost?" I always hit them with my number X 24. (So $5k a mo) i say $120,000

      (That blows the people up, But it also gets there thinking up and then when they realize its only $5k a month there are relieved)

      It also gets them thinking long term! (which is key in a successful biz)


      So it should go something like this

      Customer: "How much does it cost?"

      Me: $120 THOUSAND DOLLARS!

      Customer: Whoa! Wait!

      Me: That's for 24 months, I'm not selling you a one time solution. Save your money. Im selling you a commitment that has the best ROI in your biz....etc
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Delsworld
    I sell SEO, social media, and website services.
    Signature

    Get PR1-PR8 Contextual Links From Actual PR Pages.
    Permanent, Homepage, Relevant Niches From $1 per Link! $50 Bonus here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723014].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Originally Posted by Delsworld View Post

      I sell SEO, social media, and website services.
      Perfect! the answer to your question is ABOVE
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Delsworld
    Is offering a free trial or giving away a trial free service a good ideal?
    Signature

    Get PR1-PR8 Contextual Links From Actual PR Pages.
    Permanent, Homepage, Relevant Niches From $1 per Link! $50 Bonus here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723034].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Originally Posted by Delsworld View Post

      Is offering a free trial or giving away a trial free service a good ideal?
      i call that "Z"ing a customer. There is times when you throw everything you have at a customer from A to Z and they just don't bite.

      So last course of action is to offer them a Don't pay until your on first page of google deal.

      3 THINGS!

      1) Get a contract saying so.
      2) Limit the keywords to less than 3
      3) Charge a bit more for you taking the risk when they pay

      Hope that helps
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KyGunator
    SEO services:

    "Your prices are too high."

    "Can you guarantee results?"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723295].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Originally Posted by KyGunator View Post

      SEO services:

      "Your prices are too high."

      "Can you guarantee results?"

      Yes i guarantee my results. i never wanna get paid on anything that's not of value to you Mr Customer.

      Anytime Someone says "Your price is too high" that is a buying statement! Don't get frustrated. It normally just means you haven't justified your price enough.

      RULE #641 in Sales! VALUE OVER
      PRICE = SALE

      If the price is to high then build more value in your product. Tear them down and ask questions??

      Even if you have to break it down to each sale. Then multiply it back up and show VALUE!

      I find it easy with Selling SEO

      LOVE YOUR PRODUCT!! PEOPLE CAN TELL!!
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723432].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KyGunator
        Originally Posted by SydMichael View Post

        Yes i guarantee my results. i never wanna get paid on anything that's not of value to you Mr Customer.

        Anytime Someone says "Your price is too high" that is a buying statement! Don't get frustrated. It normally just means you haven't justified your price enough.

        RULE #641 in Sales! VALUE OVER
        PRICE = SALE

        If the price is to high then build more value in your product. Tear them down and ask questions??

        Even if you have to break it down to each sale. Then multiply it back up and show VALUE!

        I find it easy with Selling SEO

        LOVE YOUR PRODUCT!! PEOPLE CAN TELL!!
        Big thanks.

        I think what I need to keep working on is being able to effectively COMMUNICATE the value of SEO. Most businesses just don't innately understand that it generates sales leads for them, and the lifetime value of each new customer.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723504].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
          Originally Posted by KyGunator View Post

          Big thanks.

          I think what I need to keep working on is being able to effectively COMMUNICATE the value of SEO. Most businesses just don't innately understand that it generates sales leads for them, and the lifetime value of each new customer.
          AGREE! Also you ever called somebody and for no reason they are defensive?

          Sales Rule#588

          NEVER assume people know as much about what your selling as your do. Dont talk to them like a baby but explain it in easy to understand terms.

          Either today or next year Mr Customer everybody is gonna be doing this. The people getting the head start now will be too far ahead for the "others, who are thinking about it" to ever catch them.

          Which do you want to be?

          great sign here!! BAAM!

          i love it!
          Signature

          `Syd Michael
          "The Real Deal"

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723552].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author hometutor
            Originally Posted by SydMichael View Post

            AGREE! Also you ever called somebody and for no reason they are defensive?

            Sales Rule#588

            NEVER assume people know as much about what your selling as your do. Dont talk to them like a baby but explain it in easy to understand terms.
            i love it!

            I use professional terms to establish my expertise then explain them.

            Rick
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724244].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rearden
    Thanks guys.
    Signature
    David Duford -- Providing On-Going, Personalized Mentorship And Training From A Real Final Expense Producer To Agents New To The Final Expense Life Insurance Business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6723397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coffeecashnow
    Mak, do you get your apps for restaurants approved by apple easily lately?

    Thanks.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724035].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mak25
      Originally Posted by coffeecashnow View Post

      Mak, do you get your apps for restaurants approved by apple easily lately?

      Thanks.
      I'm not doing native apps. I do web apps. I build them so they look and feel just like a native app: eg, custom splash screen, homepage icon, etc.

      They have a much better end result for me and the restaurants.

      1 - They're less costly.
      2 - They work across all platforms: iphone, android, blackberry, etc.
      3 - Combined with a trackable qr code to easily get the app.
      4 - SEO'd so my customer's app listing shows up on first page of the big 'G' so they can be found and gotten when doing mobile searches.

      Hope that answers your question.

      My problem is trying to sell this over the phone in a one call close situation.
      I'm really getting tired of all the travel.
      Signature

      How to Make Your First $100
      Online in the Next 7 Days...
      The Piggyback Method

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724113].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author socialbacklink
        Originally Posted by mak25 View Post

        I'm not doing native apps. I do web apps. I build them so they look and feel just like a native app: eg, custom splash screen, homepage icon, etc.

        They have a much better end result for me and the restaurants.

        1 - They're less costly.
        2 - They work across all platforms: iphone, android, blackberry, etc.
        3 - Combined with a trackable qr code to easily get the app.
        4 - SEO'd so my customer's app listing shows up on first page of the big 'G' so they can be found and gotten when doing mobile searches.

        Hope that answers your question.

        My problem is trying to sell this over the phone in a one call close situation.
        I'm really getting tired of all the travel.
        Have you tried webinars using a mobile simulator? Also, you could use your website with a mobile simulator and just go over the phone with them.
        Signature
        Get The Best In Paid Traffic Training - PPC Superstar!
        17 Years Experience As A Professional Internet Marketer
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6759742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coffeecashnow
    You can also take check by phone.

    All I could say is you know you're genuine and you know they can trust you. So be confident! Didn't you ever give your CC info on the phone?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724111].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mak25
      Originally Posted by coffeecashnow View Post

      You can also take check by phone.

      All I could say is you know you're genuine and you know they can trust you. So be confident! Didn't you ever give your CC info on the phone?
      One last reply, my intention is not to hijack this thread.

      Iamnameless has given some info about doing check by phone. I will look into that as soon as I can get my head wrapped around how to close this over the phone.

      Thanks for your ideas.
      Signature

      How to Make Your First $100
      Online in the Next 7 Days...
      The Piggyback Method

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coffeecashnow
    It does... thanks.

    Do you have a software/script to do that?

    I m not sure I understand how it works though. They download the icon which then redirects to the url?

    native apps would have the push notification that would be very useful!

    Do you also do mobile sites or just these apps?

    Thanks
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724136].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Originally Posted by coffeecashnow View Post

      It does... thanks.

      Do you have a software/script to do that?

      I m not sure I understand how it works though. They download the icon which then redirects to the url?

      native apps would have the push notification that would be very useful!

      Do you also do mobile sites or just these apps?

      Thanks
      Can you direct them to one of your past clients apps?

      Let the customer see what there competition is doing with it?

      Someone real close and similar to them can build a little fire under them also!
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724156].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mak25
        Originally Posted by SydMichael View Post

        Can you direct them to one of your past clients apps?

        Let the customer see what there competition is doing with it?

        Someone real close and similar to them can build a little fire under them also!
        That is what I was thinking about. Getting them to grab their phone so they could see the work I've done for my clients.

        But it always seems they want me to come in and show them in person. Which has been the way I've been doing business thus far.

        I'm not so sure they would want to do it any other way.
        Therein lies my problem and proverbial brick wall.
        Signature

        How to Make Your First $100
        Online in the Next 7 Days...
        The Piggyback Method

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724211].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hometutor
        Okay Sid

        I love sales-psychology

        Selling life insurance to a senior citizen and they say I'm too old.

        I have my own idea for a close already but am interested in yours.

        Rick
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724226].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
          Originally Posted by hometutor View Post

          Okay Sid

          I love sales-psychology

          Selling life insurance to a senior citizen and they say I'm too old.

          I have my own idea for a close already but am interested in yours.

          Rick
          I LOVE IT!!
          Now were having FUN!

          uuummmm hard one!! Assuming they're not too old for the Policy Holder"

          Here is my best shot:

          Mr Customer too old for what? Too old to need it?

          Now is the prime time of it actually paying off. Plus your not buying insurance for yourself your buying it to give your wife and kids a peace of mind. I myself would never leave my burden on my wife our kids. Would you?




          Im really excited to hear your close Rick, So fire away!
          Signature

          `Syd Michael
          "The Real Deal"

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724330].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author hometutor
            Originally Posted by SydMichael View Post

            I LOVE IT!!
            Now were having FUN!

            uuummmm hard one!! Assuming they're not too old for the Policy Holder"

            Here is my best shot:

            Mr Customer too old for what? Too old to need it?

            Now is the prime time of it actually paying off. Plus your not buying insurance for yourself your buying it to give your wife and kids a peace of mind. I myself would never leave my burden on my wife our kids. Would you?




            Im really excited to hear your close Rick, So fire away!
            You covered it bro. Something like

            So in other words your family would benefit from your life insurance policy sooner than most?

            Rick
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6784203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
    Also remember when your talking with anyone, to follow your statements with facts.

    Mr Customer did you know people are 71% more likely to scan a QR with a logo??

    Also did you know that someone looking at your website via mobile phone is 80% more likely to buy than one looking at you website at home on PC?
    Signature

    `Syd Michael
    "The Real Deal"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jasmn
    Ok,
    I'm as new as a newbie can be on the phone. My aim is to get to a decision maker in major corporations/gov agencies in regard to training their IT dept. The training budgets dictate how often project mangers can provide training for their IT Professionals. So my question is:
    What is the best approach when speaking with a procurement agent or IT Manager in putting our company (established and reputable) on their radar for future training needs? Even if I make a compelling pitch, they just don't need the service now.
    Do I periodically follow up with e-mails?
    Make frequent calls?
    I'm trying to set up a working system. Any advice from the pros is helpful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6729332].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
      Originally Posted by Jasmn View Post

      Ok,
      I'm as new as a newbie can be on the phone. My aim is to get to a decision maker in major corporations/gov agencies in regard to training their IT dept. The training budgets dictate how often project mangers can provide training for their IT Professionals. So my question is:
      What is the best approach when speaking with a procurement agent or IT Manager in putting our company (established and reputable) on their radar for future training needs? Even if I make a compelling pitch, they just don't need the service now.
      Do I periodically follow up with e-mails?
      Make frequent calls?
      I'm trying to set up a working system. Any advice from the pros is helpful.
      Gotta give us a little more info. What does your training do? What does it enable your customers to do better, faster, more broadly, what?

      Are you having trouble getting ahold of these people?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6729415].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jasmn
        Jason, a bit of a late reply but, we train engineers, project managers and analysts in major corporations software languages such as java C++ etc. The issue with such training is that it's often a one shot deal unless we sign an msa. We have recently added staffing to our services which to your point is different and more credible.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7422989].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jasmn
          [Gotta give us a little more info. What does your training do? What does it enable your customers to do better, faster, more broadly, what?]
          Jason, a bit of a late reply but, we train engineers, project managers and analysts in major corporations software languages such as java C++ etc. The issue with such training is that it's often a one shot deal unless we sign an msa. We have recently added staffing to our services which to your point is different and more credible.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7422998].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Originally Posted by Jasmn View Post

      Ok,
      I'm as new as a newbie can be on the phone. My aim is to get to a decision maker in major corporations/gov agencies in regard to training their IT dept. The training budgets dictate how often project mangers can provide training for their IT Professionals. So my question is:
      What is the best approach when speaking with a procurement agent or IT Manager in putting our company (established and reputable) on their radar for future training needs? Even if I make a compelling pitch, they just don't need the service now.
      Do I periodically follow up with e-mails?
      Make frequent calls?
      I'm trying to set up a working system. Any advice from the pros is helpful.
      i would try and stay in touch anyway possible. The more of a personal relationship you can make it the better. I know Gov't is a long term close. emails are good but make sure you talk to them also. Find out the guys favorite ball team and tweet him articles. Email Statistic facts about what you do time to time. I know this for sure. Gov't contracts push you off and push you off and then when they are able to spend. its like a fire sale. Stay in their face and on their minds

      BTW Jason is a phone Guru. Listen to that Man!
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6729648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rearden
    The "I'm too old" remark is a blow off for selling life to Seasoned Citizens.

    If they had an inherent interest, they would have/will continue to listen and be receptive to life insurance ideas.

    Otherwise, they're shanking you.
    Signature
    David Duford -- Providing On-Going, Personalized Mentorship And Training From A Real Final Expense Producer To Agents New To The Final Expense Life Insurance Business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6729888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Yup, I asked the question to see what Syd's answer was going to be. I know what I'd do.

    Not that I want to be antagonistic on one point, but I honestly don't understand the phrase "earn your business." Finding out what's really going on in your prospect's world, and then feeding it back to them and saying, "If I understand you correctly, if we were able to do this, this and that...you'd move ahead?" is a much clearer way of proceeding.

    The idea of a webinar/screen sharing/skype is an excellent one for long distance discussions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6731219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
    Thanks for everybody's input. I hope we all can learn or get better idea's of how to handle different situations and rebuttals. One things for sure, i learn something new everyday and tweak my closes daily.

    One more thing to focus or be aware of... Who your selling. Meaning what type of personalty. I have read there is 4 main personality type's

    1) Thinkers Like to have a leave behind something to read
    2) Rationalize Like professional statistic info
    3) Socialize Want to have fun and hear the hype
    4) Dominant Directors Want to hear you are gonna handle it & not to bother him again

    The study is called a DISC profile. many corporations use them. When pitching ive found it to sometimes help my approach. Once i figure out what I'm pitching to.
    Signature

    `Syd Michael
    "The Real Deal"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6732022].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author filmmaker
      Hi

      I just sold app for $1000 to past client

      I don't like offline marketing but with new confidence I'm going to networking meeting

      over 500 people in one location

      I will be wearing tshirt with QR code going to free report about apps and mobile webistes.

      Any ideas for best results?

      Never had success with networking meetings - this one is first in few years as experiment about getting business from t-shirt

      Mike
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6736664].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
        Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post

        Hi

        I just sold app for $1000 to past client

        I don't like offline marketing but with new confidence I'm going to networking meeting

        over 500 people in one location

        I will be wearing tshirt with QR code going to free report about apps and mobile webistes.

        Any ideas for best results?

        Never had success with networking meetings - this one is first in few years as experiment about getting business from t-shirt

        Mike
        QR CODE TSHIRT!! I LOVE IT!!

        Help's you stand out, Great Idea! i love lead groups and have had great success with them. Remember you swap leads so make friends so network and try and help as many people as possible .
        Signature

        `Syd Michael
        "The Real Deal"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6738150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Defacto
    My question: I like to offer a free website as a foot in the door. How would you go about making that offer via voice mail blasting? Or email?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6738245].message }}
    • syd,

      maybe you can post, and better if you can record via audio or video, on your closing for people. ???????

      * have to love the technology and being able to use video, you tube, etc.., to see how it's done.

      (and not just "talk the talk, but walk the walk")

      this post can go along way, if you want to do it.

      warriors at home, newbies, those struggling and really need real help... can actually see and hear it!

      I know most don't do this, there stuck on the talk (or setting up WSO"S),
      and let's face it ... it's hard work to do it:

      people see you, see failure, rejection, sales conversations that don't work out, etc.., nobody wants to look bad, even though that's how we all improve, learn,...... and in sales ...make money.

      but if you do it. WOW

      you said you made a million, so you have the luxury to take chances.

      08-02-2012, 08:53 AM #1
      SydMichael
      Quote : "I have been in sales all my life. Made my first million before i was 30yrs old. in case you wanna know who i am..."


      good luck.


      Kirby
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6738968].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
        Originally Posted by kirbymarketingconcierge View Post

        syd,

        maybe you can post, and better if you can record via audio or video, on your closing for people. ???????

        * have to love the technology and being able to use video, you tube, etc.., to see how it's done.

        (and not just "talk the talk, but walk the walk")

        this post can go along way, if you want to do it.

        warriors at home, newbies, those struggling and really need real help... can actually see and hear it!

        I know most don't do this, there stuck on the talk (or setting up WSO"S),
        and let's face it ... it's hard work to do it:

        people see you, see failure, rejection, sales conversations that don't work out, etc.., nobody wants to look bad, even though that's how we all improve, learn,...... and in sales ...make money.

        but if you do it. WOW

        you said you made a million, so you have the luxury to take chances.

        08-02-2012, 08:53 AM #1
        SydMichael
        Quote : "I have been in sales all my life. Made my first million before i was 30yrs old. in case you wanna know who i am..."


        good luck.


        Kirby
        Great Idea Kirby! I feel like I can talk way better than i can write! lol

        Lets do something to help. Ideas?? I have done a few Webinars in the past for Brian Anderson/Liquid SEO & Mario Brown if any of you know them.

        What do you have in mind Kirby??
        Signature

        `Syd Michael
        "The Real Deal"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6740973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Originally Posted by Defacto View Post

      My question: I like to offer a free website as a foot in the door. How would you go about making that offer via voice mail blasting? Or email?
      Voice mail Blasting?? Isnt that illegal now?? (unless opt in?) Email?? if thats all you got but i believe email is dead. I LIKE MOBILE!!

      98% of people open Mobile marketing text.
      6% open a marketing email.

      i came from a more aggressive sales back ground so I love "Free" hooks.

      Has that worked well in the past for you??
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6740991].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
        I dont want to change the thread here but do any of you ever use Klout???
        Signature

        `Syd Michael
        "The Real Deal"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6746780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chronicleseo
    I use Klout...
    Signature

    Jimmy Chronicle
    Spike Promotions
    ADD + SEO
    Atlanta Reputation Management and SEO

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6750715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxrezn
    Voice mail blasting is legal for B2B use, not B2C. I am actually about to do a blast to 500 HVAC companies at 6AM to leave voicemails. When they call back, I will have an automated message offering a free mobile mockup of their site, and then ask for them to leave their contact info.
    Expecting about 10 leads from it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6751348].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
      Originally Posted by maxrezn View Post

      Voice mail blasting is legal for B2B use, not B2C. I am actually about to do a blast to 500 HVAC companies at 6AM to leave voicemails. When they call back, I will have an automated message offering a free mobile mockup of their site, and then ask for them to leave their contact info.
      Expecting about 10 leads from it.
      Thanks! i think that is great info to know. I have had great success with Hvac myself. Good Luck!
      Signature

      `Syd Michael
      "The Real Deal"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6756187].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ukcarl
        Ok so Im already reasonably successful with CPA marketing and niche sites (it pays the bills anyway) but CPA is not a stable income and I hate relying on Google there are a lot of variables out of your control that can see your income dry up fast, with that in mind I have decided to get myself some real clients and concentrate on paid traffic.

        Now in the past I have built a few websites for people and that sort of thing but this is really not what I want to get into, I want to work with what I know and enjoy which is lead gen via paid traffic (search,socal,display).

        My question is how should I be approaching businesses with this as my first offer, baring in mind it is something that requires quite a large initial investment on their part.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6758781].message }}

Trending Topics