How a visit to my barber and my local coffee shop made me $3500+

19 replies
Hi Warriors,

No system here guys, I just wanted to share with the WF community that if you take action you can make money by selling offline services. I went for my monthly hair cut and I started to talk with the owner of the barber shop about what I do for living and so fort, he told me that he needed to change his website design, so I took the opportunity to offer my service and from a simple redesign I end up selling him SEO service, facebook fan page, twitter and youtube account set up.

I did the same with the owner of the coffee shop, after having a coffee a started to chat with him and found out he needed a website for the shop.

In just few hours I have generated over $3500 of services for local business, so can be done, don't be disappointed if you get rejected at beginning, just keep going.

I have started to sell websites months earlier, you can see my other post here where I made almost £5000 and £1500 recurring monthly in 3 weeks.

Remember you know lots more then normal people because you are a WF member and if you take action you can succeed, I just wanted to give a bit of inspiration to the community.

Take care and good luck,
Simon
#$3500 #barber #coffee #local #made #offline services #seo #shop #visit #webdesign
  • Profile picture of the author kebertt
    This just goes to show you that so many local businesses need our service. Cold calling is great, but there is nothing better than walking into a business and offering your services.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6749670].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simon74
      Originally Posted by kebertt View Post

      This just goes to show you that so many local businesses need our service. Cold calling is great, but there is nothing better than walking into a business and offering your services.
      I use different way to get clients, cold calling, walking in, mailing, texting, I think you need to try new way all the time to get prospects.

      Originally Posted by mattverick View Post

      Hi Simon74,

      thats a nice little story and I am pretty sure that this happens to many of us. My very first customer was the owner of the restaurant next to my apartment.

      And from there, everything started rolling quite smoothly since I kept talking to more an more people.
      This post was made just to give inspiration to warriors that maybe have a bit of difficulty on finding clients, as mattverick said you can always start to sell services around your area, restaurant, coffee shop etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6749824].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattverick
    Hi Simon74,

    thats a nice little story and I am pretty sure that this happens to many of us. My very first customer was the owner of the restaurant next to my apartment.

    And from there, everything started rolling quite smoothly since I kept talking to more an more people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6749687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ninja Ana
    Amazing deal, some local community do really need our service. It is just we have to extend/promote it both via online and offline means.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6755254].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simon74
      Originally Posted by Ninja Ana View Post

      Amazing deal, some local community do really need our service. It is just we have to extend/promote it both via online and offline means.
      Yes Ana, I have been surprised on how man business don't have a simple website. There are great opportunities out there.

      Simon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6761544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    barber wants a twitter page......what for? I mean half if this stuff just isn't necessary for most businesses.
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6770870].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author anwar001
      Originally Posted by sloanjim View Post

      barber wants a twitter page......what for? I mean half if this stuff just isn't necessary for most businesses.
      I agree with you. I think most of the small local businesses whose clients are from nearby areas won't benefit much from fancy online stuff like twitter or facebook pages etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6771330].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Simon74
        Originally Posted by sloanjim View Post

        barber wants a twitter page......what for? I mean half if this stuff just isn't necessary for most businesses.
        Originally Posted by sloanjim View Post

        Sadly most because they are too tight fisted and dumb to see the value in one..... I doubt you could them one free.
        Originally Posted by anwar001 View Post

        I agree with you. I think most of the small local businesses whose clients are from nearby areas won't benefit much from fancy online stuff like twitter or facebook pages etc.
        Remember guys that you can use facebook pages and twitter account to rank high in searches especially for local search= more online presence, very easy if you know what you are doing, you can dominate page one. Plus at the time I was living in London and people in same area ask for facebook and twitter pages. I was surprised as well but if they ask I sell them what they want and need.

        Simon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6975848].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author imwarrior84
          Originally Posted by Simon74 View Post

          Remember guys that you can use facebook pages and twitter account to rank high in searches especially for local search= more online presence, very easy if you know what you are doing, you can dominate page one. Plus at the time I was living in London and people in same area ask for facebook and twitter pages. I was surprised as well but if they ask I sell them what they want and need.

          Simon
          After taking your advice Simon I have managed to get multiply page one rankings for the same site.

          Thank you again!
          Signature

          Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6976365].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    Sadly most because they are too tight fisted and dumb to see the value in one..... I doubt you could them one free.

    Yes Ana, I have been surprised on how man business don't have a simple website. There are great opportunities out there.
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6770880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tedgichia
    Thanks for sharing this inspiring story
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6771154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imwarrior84
    Great stuff as always from Simon, you rock!
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6776053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Martik
    Banned
    great story ty
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6776125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrNeko86
    Just the motivation I need. Everything's been slow this month. Just finished a product waiting to get reviews. If anyone wants to help me with the reviews, I am giving out 5 review copies. I just need it fast so if anyone's free, please give me a hand. Hopefully I can get the help I need to get me going! Send me a pm with your e-mail and I will send you a copy.

    *Edit* Hey Simon, I have received your PM but I cannot reply you because my post count is too low. The product is about Facebook and Skype. If you are interested please pm me with your e-mail address. Thank you!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6976202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imwarrior84
      Originally Posted by MrNeko86 View Post

      Just the motivation I need. Everything's been slow this month. Just finished a product waiting to get reviews. If anyone wants to help me with the reviews, I am giving out 5 review copies. I just need it fast so if anyone's free, please give me a hand. Hopefully I can get the help I need to get me going! Send me a pm with your e-mail and I will send you a copy.

      *Edit* Hey Simon, I have received your PM but I cannot reply you because my post count is too low. The product is about Facebook and Skype. If you are interested please pm me with your e-mail address. Thank you!
      Hi I am interested to review your product, let me know if I can help!
      Signature

      Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6976356].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MrNeko86
        Originally Posted by imwarrior84 View Post

        Hi I am interested to review your product, let me know if I can help!
        Hi there! Can you pm me your e-mail address? I cannot reply to pm yet so I will have to contact you with e-mail. Thanks!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6977016].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Simon74
          Originally Posted by MrNeko86 View Post

          Hi there! Can you pm me your e-mail address? I cannot reply to pm yet so I will have to contact you with e-mail. Thanks!
          Pm sent check it out.
          Simon
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7032460].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HAdrian1239
    Also, FB and Twitter pages are great for getting out coupons and other special information out to the customer base. Getting them following and liking, means they're engaging with the biz, and the more that happens, the more likely they are to keep returning and referring new people... so more $$ for the business owner.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7032591].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simon74
      Originally Posted by HAdrian1239 View Post

      Also, FB and Twitter pages are great for getting out coupons and other special information out to the customer base. Getting them following and liking, means they're engaging with the biz, and the more that happens, the more likely they are to keep returning and referring new people... so more $$ for the business owner.
      Yes definitely, this is another way you guys can take to sell fb pages and twitter account.

      Thanks for the input
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7040774].message }}

Trending Topics