Hey folks. I was spending some time on a forum for my target niche. These are actual biz owners talking about tips and how to's as well as marketing and running a business. A few points I picked up that seemed to be fairly common:
- Some biz owners know way too much about internet marketing
- Most know at least a little about I.M.
- A lot seem to think adwords is the way to go
- $500 for a website 5 page is considered cheap (good deal)
- $3000 for a fully optimized is considered average
- Most owners hate seo companies calling them
- Most feel the salesman doesnt know seo from hole in ground and is scammer
- They all love google places when it has them on 1st page and say it sucks and doesnt work when they get bumped to 2nd
- Most seem to worry about their online reputation and know that it can be exploited by competitors
- The guys using these forums know their stuff and freely hand out some of the same advice you see here but most still seem like they would listen to an expert who didnt come across as scammy or try and b.s. These guys joke about offers of 1st page listing for 5 or 6 word longtails. They are looking for the two word niche + local or local + niche
Just giving out a little of what I observed. Maybe its worth checking on your niche's forum and seeing what these guys Really think of what we do. Just saying. And now I go to sleep.