this will be to help, on a subject I haven't seen here, and all opinions are welcome.
My hope is newbies can leverage the dialogue that suits them.
I underlined what I believe.
[Define Belief = what a person's experience + information, fells right in total]
I could be wrong.
1. If you don't control the conversation you will lose some deals.
2. You have sales scripts or sales points and good questions to control where you want to go and based on what you repetitively hear
( the prospect dosen't ... and has Templated responses to get control - i have a partner, send me something, call me back, have to think about it, etc..)
as the sales adage goes ( that we all know ) : " 1 party will make a sale in a selling situation "
3. When you let control go, you are telling them (sub-consciously).....
the Value of : who you are, what your about, the value of your time, and what you offer!!!
- Are you decreasing or increasing Value?
4. Control is not a stereotypical ( I will harm you )
it is a good thing, to not waste, your time or theirs
tell me where I'm wrong?
what did I leave out?
go ahead, you can be negative, I'm a biz. person like you, I'm a big boy, no is ok...
but if we offer solutions with responses ....you, me,... and all of us we'll be better off
(couldn't resist this "controlling statement" - and I don't think it's a bad thing