the telemarketing forum - having trouble accessing it...

19 replies
I received a PM from John Durham in my email box and tried clicking the link. No dice. Went to the TMF and it wouldn't pull up. Been on the web for 4 hours and the TMF is the only site that won't come up.

I'm a bit paranoid so I'm wondering if I'm the only guy w/problems or is the site down or did John get attacked because of his cold calling support or for whatever reason. If it is me, sorry to waste your time but a couple of people on this forum have been pretty bitter in their expressed views about John.

And, no, this isn't a made up plug for John. He does extremely well on his own in that arena. I am wondering out loud and the folks on these pages usually have the answers.

Thank you in advance,

Tom
#accessing #forum #telemarketing #trouble
  • Profile picture of the author mak25
    Same here Tom.

    It's about 1:00PM here in the east, and no go.

    I wonder if he's even aware of it?


    Mike
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6856573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TenaciousFlea
    It's been down all day.
    Signature

    << NOW Magazine Outbound Sales Manager >>

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6857405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author basse
    this is not a good start..... :/
    Signature

    ==> I am back!: imbasse.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6863578].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    I got her fixed yall. Stupid mistake on my part. We will be back up in a few minutes or an hour. I was on the internstate yesterday and couldnt do anything...We are on it now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6864055].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sandalwood
      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      I got her fixed yall. Stupid mistake on my part. We will be back up in a few minutes or an hour. I was on the internstate yesterday and couldnt do anything...We are on it now.
      Glad it wasn't anything too serious.
      Signature
      Get 30% or More Retirement Income If you are serious about your retirement, you'll love this product.

      The Money Ferret Finance Article Directory
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6864112].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FIP
      Hi John

      I just clicked on the link to have a look at your blog:

      Follow Me At
      THE TELEMARKETING FORUM
      The Greatest Telemarketing Forum On The Planet!


      in your post and it doesn't work.

      Had no idea this forum existed until I just browsed through the threads.

      I was going to ask what it is all about despite the really obvious title and question

      Supporting telelmarketers or providing training for them or both?

      Just curious
      Signature

      "If one advances confidently in the direction of his own dreams and endeavours to live the life which he has imagined - he will meet a success unexpected in common hours"
      -Thoreau

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6864167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PsycFa
    I tried to access it following John's signature but it seemed it is still down :S

    Site Currently Unavailable..
    Signature

    The aim of marketing is to make selling superfluous. The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well that the product or service fits him and sells itself.....

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6864181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    We are back up yall.

    Lesson for newbs: (may as well)

    Sometimes doing business is part damage control. This weekend for instance cost me a few hundred dollars I wasnt expecting to spend... plus I spent half the weekend, not making money , but doing maintenance... you have to be that sometimes to be in business. You are really on call 24/7.

    So instead of spending friday night sleeping, and saturday morning chilling this weekend.... I spent Friday driving 11 hours for a call from family out of town, then Friday night up working late till 4 am, and the whole day Saturday doing damage control and trying to get my site back online.

    I will spend half of Sunday doing any damage control that resulted from the downtime. Then monday, back to business as usual. This weekend was a wash. It happens.

    So being in business for yourself requires alot of dedication. Please take note.

    The benefit is that sometimes you can sleep late while others are scraping ice off their car windows getting ready for work! Lol.

    -JD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6864533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post


    And, no, this isn't a made up plug for John. He does extremely well on his own in that arena...

    Tom
    That perception of me is precisely why you will see less and less posts by yours truly on the wf...and I am moving back to working primarily in my own forum.

    Its true that Im good at promoting myself, but here that can become a "stigma" that your hard work and dedication can become overshadowed by...

    I know you understand Tom, yourself, but alot of people dont, that, you have to promote to be able to put all the good free work out that I do.... Which benefits alot of people.

    When people start recognizing you for the means instead of the end... its time to lay off....because promoting is only the means its not the meat and potatoes.

    I get tired of being picked at for promoting, when my posts supply half the content for 10% of the peoples reports and websites that pick at me for promoting.

    You arent picking Tom , I know but Im expressing....Sigh...Maybe its just been too long a weekend lol

    BTW, at you particularly Tom, I have an email from you thats fairly old which I have been planning on answering for awhile and haven't gotten around to it because it deserves more than a few words, re: nashville and different things. I read it, but at the time told myself it deserved more than a quick answer, been meaning to get to it ever since, so my apologies for that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6864650].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sandalwood
      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      That perception of me is precisely why you will see less and less posts by yours truly on the wf...and I am moving back to working primarily in my own forum.

      Its true that Im good at promoting myself, but here that can become a "stigma" that your hard work and dedication can become overshadowed by...

      I know you understand Tom, yourself, but alot of people dont, that, you have to promote to be able to put all the good free work out that I do.... Which benefits alot of people.

      When people start recognizing you for the means instead of the end... its time to lay off....because promoting is only the means its not the meat and potatoes.

      I get tired of being picked at for promoting, when my posts supply half the content for 10% of the peoples reports and websites that pick at me for promoting.

      You arent picking Tom , I know but Im expressing....Sigh...Maybe its just been too long a weekend lol

      BTW, at you particularly Tom, I have an email from you thats fairly old which I have been planning on answering for awhile and haven't gotten around to it because it deserves more than a few words, re: nashville and different things. I read it, but at the time told myself it deserved more than a quick answer, been meaning to get to it ever since, so my apologies for that.
      John,

      No problem at all. In fact I started this thread cuz I actually thought somebody took their "feelings" a bit too far.

      My meaning wasn't picking. If I was gonna do that, I'd do it privately. I never express that side in a public forum. Truth is, I was complimenting you on your ability to present yourself in a number of ways. A lot of folks wish they had that ability.

      Yep, you are right, your content provides a lot of saleable material. Oh well, what's a working girl to do as they say in certain NV houses...

      As for the email, please take your time. I'm not going anywhere .

      Tom
      Signature
      Get 30% or More Retirement Income If you are serious about your retirement, you'll love this product.

      The Money Ferret Finance Article Directory
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6866890].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Durham
        Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post


        Yep, you are right, your content provides a lot of saleable material. Oh well, what's a working girl to do as they say in certain NV houses...

        Tom
        In my case its, "quit giving the milk away for free, because nobody will buy the cow if you do"...lol
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6866926].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
        Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post

        John,

        No problem at all. In fact I started this thread cuz I actually thought somebody took their "feelings" a bit too far.

        My meaning wasn't picking. If I was gonna do that, I'd do it privately. I never express that side in a public forum. Truth is, I was complimenting you on your ability to present yourself in a number of ways. A lot of folks wish they had that ability.

        Yep, you are right, your content provides a lot of saleable material. Oh well, what's a working girl to do as they say in certain NV houses...

        As for the email, please take your time. I'm not going anywhere .

        Tom
        That's the truth ( i am one of them )

        Fibber.... I thought you were coming to florida
        Signature

        Selling Ain't for Sissies
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6867061].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sandalwood
          Ken,

          In part you said:

          "Fibber.... I thought you were coming to florida"

          Keep looking over your shoulder cuz Daytona is still on my radar. Gotsto finalize some bidness in the Wild West b4 I can put on my traveling jeans.

          Anyway, whether JD keeps giving away the cow or the milk or the cream, glad he is back on the screen. We can probably close this puppy and start a new thread about building business credit.

          I just learned how to do it PROPERLY. Geesh, most small biz types don't have a clue that they can transfer all or almost all financail liability off themselves and onto their business. Can't lose your house that way. Wife, another story but not the house.

          Keep smiling,

          Tom
          Signature
          Get 30% or More Retirement Income If you are serious about your retirement, you'll love this product.

          The Money Ferret Finance Article Directory
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869870].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author mojo1
            Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post

            We can probably close this puppy and start a new thread about building business credit.

            I just learned how to do it PROPERLY. Geesh, most small biz types don't have a clue that they can transfer all or almost all financail liability off themselves and onto their business. Can't lose your house that way. Wife, another story but not the house.
            Please start this thread. We definitely need your wisdom in this area among many
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rearden
    Asking me to work until 5:30 on weekdays, good God... but even Saturdays...?
    Signature
    Final Expense Agent Mentor -- Providing On-Going, Personalized Mentorship And Training From A Real Final Expense Producer To Agents New To The Final Expense Life Insurance Business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6864668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HAdrian1239
    Originally Posted by mojo1

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sandalwood

    We can probably close this puppy and start a new thread about building business credit.

    I just learned how to do it PROPERLY. Geesh, most small biz types don't have a clue that they can transfer all or almost all financail liability off themselves and onto their business. Can't lose your house that way. Wife, another story but not the house.

    Please start this thread. We definitely need your wisdom in this area among many
    Yes please do this. I've heard so many conflicting things about business credit and I don't know what to do to establish it properly.


    Posted from Warriorforum.com App for Android
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
    Agreed the business credit thread would be something of great value to many people.
    I would appreciate it if you will share the knowledge!
    Signature
    Promise Big.
    Deliver Bigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6870814].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    How to Easily Get Credit and Loans For Your Internet Business- would be a great hook. Write some good copy and that should be a hit!

    People are always dreaming of investors, capital, and credit for their start up... If you have a way to help them achieve that then there is huge interest in this already.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6874013].message }}

Trending Topics