- Very low overheads. Buy a domain for $10, a hosting package for $20 a month, $70-$150 per site design and the rest is pretty much profit.
- Extremely profitable. Outsource $1000 websites for $80. Huge profit margins.
- Recurring potential. Monthly hosting. SEO. Google Places. Reputation Management. Social media management. Again, all outsourced for pennies on the dollar.
- Fast turnover. You can get a $1000 website done in a few hours, if that. I can't think of a whole lot of things that can be designed, manufactured and delivered for so cheap, in a matter of hours that cost the consumer $600-$1000+.
- Work from anywhere. Office, home, beach. All I need is a mobile phone, computer and Internet connection.
- Growing industry. The industry is booming and will continue to grow, as technology moves forward and more and more businesses start tapping into the power of online.
Of course, much of this is purely my speculation so I could be wrong, but it would be great to hear what business veterans around the place have to say...
Do you guys think selling web design/online marketing to local businesses is the overall best/one of the best businesses you could start today?