Possible to get Web Design Sales - With Flyers?

7 replies
Hey guys, I am struggling majorly in getting web design sales even with my site that has a portfolio and testimonials. My costs for a website on average is, $1,200.

I don't have any money to invest into getting sales so obviously thats the problem.

I was thinking of making flyers promoting my business. Putting a simple 'sales page' with my website and phone number to contact me and putting a special promo for, a free press release for the newly made website.

I can go locally to my Albertson's and get colored flyers for $0.10 each and I could print out about 100 flyers to start.

What are some hot spots to put these flyers? Should I just drop them off at small businesses or what?

thanks!
#design #flyers #sales #web
  • Profile picture of the author maxrezn
    Do not recommend this idea...

    Start out with the following:

    1) 200 cold calls a day to local businesses.
    2) Craigslist posting

    If you do those for a month you will get your business off the ground nice and quick.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952526].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TakenAction
      Originally Posted by maxrezn View Post

      Do not recommend this idea...

      Start out with the following:

      1) 200 cold calls a day to local businesses.
      2) Craigslist posting

      If you do those for a month you will get your business off the ground nice and quick.
      Appreciate the help. I found leads to local businesses and done about 200 calls per day with a decent script and still have not been able to close anything.

      As for craiglist there is way to much competition to be able to get web design sales...its just flooded with those offers and cheaper than my prices eventhough we do way high quality designs.
      Signature

      The best thing you can do is put yourself out there.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952544].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author maxrezn
        Originally Posted by TakenAction View Post

        Appreciate the help. I found leads to local businesses and done about 200 calls per day with a decent script and still have not been able to close anything.

        As for craiglist there is way to much competition to be able to get web design sales...its just flooded with those offers and cheaper than my prices eventhough we do way high quality designs.

        Cold calling- What script are you using? Can you post it here for us to help you out.

        Craigslist- I generate about 2 sales a week from Craigslist alone. Each sale ranges from $2000-9000 over annual billing. You need amazing copy, amazing titles, and a way to post multiple times a day. I use 60 titles and 2 different ads.

        Research the above and make it work. Avoid making excuses. The reason Craigslist appears "saturated" is because it's "saturated" with people dying to give you money for a website/SEO. Hundreds of people myself included use Craigslist all throughout the US to make sales day in and day out.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952568].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author pagemoney
          Originally Posted by maxrezn View Post

          Cold calling- What script are you using? Can you post it here for us to help you out.

          Craigslist- I generate about 2 sales a week from Craigslist alone. Each sale ranges from $2000-9000 over annual billing. You need amazing copy, amazing titles, and a way to post multiple times a day. I use 60 titles and 2 different ads.

          Research the above and make it work. Avoid making excuses. The reason Craigslist appears "saturated" is because it's "saturated" with people dying to give you money for a website/SEO. Hundreds of people myself included use Craigslist all throughout the US to make sales day in and day out.
          Maxrezn - that's impressive, nice work. What's your advice to not getting ghosted? I have been studying and testing CL postings for about 2 weeks, here are my findings:

          1. host an image instead of using text (use photobucket to host pictures and rotate upload urls)

          2. use an IP service to rotate IP addresses (sprint router, hide my ass software, or bounce around coffee shops lol)

          3. rotate ad titles

          4. clear cookies /caches between postings

          Missing anything?

          Are these effective methods?

          Appreciate it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953748].message }}
  • Yeah, I agree. Also, try doing some online promotion every now and again.
    You can even just simply go out and approach businesses and ask whether they need a website done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952559].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seovc
    I highly advise doing offline marketing. People requiring web design tend to want to hire local designers. I would start by posting your flyers on Cafes, Apartment's mail room, Library etc. These are 100% free and extremely effective to get you sales.

    Hope that helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidreese
    You can find boards at cafes, laundrymats, campuses and related locations.
    Ask shops you frequent. If you are a good customer they will often post a flyer
    for you (and you may be the only one there). Never judge a location.
    You would be suprised at where a call will come from.

    I would most likely focus on generating calls if you have the ability to close a sale.

    Flyers are effective. I distribute flyers for other people and for my own events.

    I have several clients that get all of their business from flyers.

    My suggestion would be to have a free event where you offer SEO and design
    reviews. You could position it as a networking event. Perhaps you could partner with some other professionals.

    I would use Eventbrite and Meetup and Craigslist online. Offline I would use
    flyers. Postcards cost much more and are much less effective.
    Signature

    David Alger
    Thumbtack Bugle We Get the Word Out

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954817].message }}

Trending Topics