Let me explain...
I just emailed back and forth with a friend of mine on something business related. I got an autoresponse from him for sending him an email and in it he was advertising a new venture he just set up. Now, I'm not interested in this particular venture but felt the idea might be a good one.
So here's my take on it...
I don't use my cpanel autoresponse much if at all so I think I'll add one or more of the following...
1) Latest news
2) Freshest testimonials (or a handful of past ones)
3) Educational material that could lead to a sale (links to articles or even the article cut and paste--a short one of course, or links to a video(s) etc,
4) Limited time specials with limited use discount codes
5) Referral offers for sending new business
6) Latest additions to my design portfolio with the aim of getting a new design job from the recipient
7) A list of my current services to serve as a reminder
8) Actual redeemable freebies my clients/prospects would like/love and steps to take to redeem the gifts
Of course it might be best to only do one or two related things at a time
I'm sure there are a ton of other things to add into an autoresponder like this one. Anyone out there doing this? What's your success/failure rate? Any ideas on what to do to maximize this concept or any other thoughts appreciated.
Just added during edit: The autoresponder feature I'm talking about may be something you may be using to say "Thanks your email was received. We'll get back to you blah di blah" or maybe something you don't even use at all. My current view on this is that that might be a wasted asset you could look into capitalizing on if you're not already doing so that is, and you just might win a few brownie points for showing this simple technique to your clients as well. Good luck!