Question for Website Design Companies

31 replies
Hey WF,

So i have a question for companies that offer website design, redesign, mobile sites etc. I am looking into providing a service which will allow website designers to offer their customers a no credit check in house financing up to $2500. The only real stipulation is that the customer must have a bank account and proof of income. The business owner i.e website design company gets paid the whole amount up front. Would this be something useful for you website designers out there to help close some deals?

Any feedback is appreciated, just looking to see what you guys think?
#companies #design #question #website
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    So you would be paying for their website? There are a lot of laws when it comes to financing, so I'd be careful with that.

    Sounds interesting though if you pull it off.. I personally don't really like working with people that can't afford the services.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7094236].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmorgan
    So - is this like being able to offer customer 'In House Financing'? where they can make payments?

    But you're saying that my company would get the full sale price upfront? If so - I'm definitely interested. LMK more - I can't PM, so answer here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7094670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 300SMG
    Just as stated above, there are several laws and mandates when it comes to financing. But if you were able to get through that red tape, I don't see why that couldn't be a win-win for companies and clients. I can picture it as an add-on service for interested web design companies with a "we finance" type of offer, where as you/your company would be the 3rd party financial.
    Signature

    Don't focus on the money - focus on the plan!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7094802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    1. Can you legally do it? Do you know how long Walmart has been trying to buy a bank? That is the only way for them to get in because no one will let them start a bank.

    2. What kind of interest rate are you offering?

    3. Why would a client choose this financing vs just using a credit card?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7094852].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
      Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

      So you would be paying for their website? There are a lot of laws when it comes to financing, so I'd be careful with that.
      Sounds interesting though if you pull it off.. I personally don't really like working with people that can't afford the services.
      Yes, technically we would be paying for the website and financing the consumer.

      Originally Posted by rmorgan View Post

      So - is this like being able to offer customer 'In House Financing'? where they can make payments?

      But you're saying that my company would get the full sale price upfront? If so - I'm definitely interested. LMK more - I can't PM, so answer here.
      Yes you would be able to offer your customers in house financing with no credit check. Just proof of income and a checking account. We would pay your company usually within 72 hours in full.

      Originally Posted by 300SMG View Post

      Just as stated above, there are several laws and mandates when it comes to financing. But if you were able to get through that red tape, I don't see why that couldn't be a win-win for companies and clients. I can picture it as an add-on service for interested web design companies with a "we finance" type of offer, where as you/your company would be the 3rd party financial.
      I agree i think it could be a way for these companies to get around the whole i don't have money upfront issue.

      Originally Posted by Aaron Doud View Post

      1. Can you legally do it? Do you know how long Walmart has been trying to buy a bank? That is the only way for them to get in because no one will let them start a bank.

      2. What kind of interest rate are you offering?

      3. Why would a client choose this financing vs just using a credit card?
      Aaron the company backing this program actually has a patent on this service. The interest rate is 8% currently and length of the term is for 6 months. I guess the reason they would do this is if they have a higher interest rate on their credit card or maybe maxed out or might have had some credit issues in the past.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7094962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author untappedrep
    I would love to talk about offering this service and testing it out in my market Please PM me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7095025].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
      I cant PM if you can PM me your email i will get in touch. or you can shoot me an email @ support [at] freebusinessloans.net
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7097672].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BreakingRetail
    Hey KingsFan
    Sounds interesting! I am totally interested in this as well. I see it helping to close some sales just because of he fact that iv been asked about installment and financing web development services not so long ago.
    Feel free to shoot me a PM I would love to discuss and help if I can.
    Anyhow, ill be keeping a close eye on this thread for the next couple of days hopefully something could materialize. Good luck!

    Ja ne!~
    Michael
    Signature

    "Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value."Albert Einstein

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7095778].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
      Originally Posted by BreakingRetail View Post

      Hey KingsFan
      Sounds interesting! I am totally interested in this as well. I see it helping to close some sales just because of he fact that iv been asked about installment and financing web development services not so long ago.
      Feel free to shoot me a PM I would love to discuss and help if I can.
      Anyhow, ill be keeping a close eye on this thread for the next couple of days hopefully something could materialize. Good luck!

      Ja ne!~
      Michael
      I can't PM guess i need to keep posting. You can shoot me an email @ support [at] freebusinessloans.net
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7097683].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
        How can you have a patent on offering finance because that is all it is.

        Also you say 'the company doing this' and 'they' so is it not you?

        ie Do you work for this company as you are not saying 'my company' or 'we.'

        Dan

        PS: I'm in UK so obviously not your market. Just asking for your fellow countrymen

        Edit: Just looked at the website your e-mail address has. That is not a proper Finance company. Don't wish to be rude but what do you think you are doing? Who is the actual Finance provider and what is their Regulatory Number?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7097777].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
          Originally Posted by jimbo13 View Post

          How can you have a patent on offering finance because that is all it is.

          Also you say 'the company doing this' and 'they' so is it not you?

          ie Do you work for this company as you are not saying 'my company' or 'we.'

          Dan

          PS: I'm in UK so obviously not your market. Just asking for your fellow countrymen
          I'm an agent for the company offering this service. So it's not my company. As far as the patent goes its not about the financing rather the system they have in place for risk being able to offer a no credit check financing. It's a dynamic modeling system that tracks customer's habits and tendencies in order to minimize the risk associated with a sale.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7097839].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
            Well okay thankyou for your response.

            Dan
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7097860].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BreakingRetail
        Originally Posted by KingsFan View Post

        I can't PM guess i need to keep posting. You can shoot me an email @ support [at] freebusinessloans.net
        heres my email michaelm@locsolutions.biz
        Signature

        "Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value."Albert Einstein

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7098349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    Ok they have a patent on the service but can they legally do it? I can have a patent on making meth that doesn't mean i can legally do it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7098453].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
      Originally Posted by Aaron Doud View Post

      Ok they have a patent on the service but can they legally do it? I can have a patent on making meth that doesn't mean i can legally do it.
      Seriously??? They have been doing this since 2006 and are a financial based company with memberships in many financial associations so yes its legal.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7098514].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmorgan
    I got the info - legit company. This is totally legal.

    I'm going to see what I have to do to sign up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7098709].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by KingsFan View Post

      What would you like me to prove? That it's legal? Call a lawyer. I'm not here trying to sell you or prove anything. I wanted to know if this is something website designer would be interested in.
      No... Prove that this company has already been doing it since 2006. Back up YOUR claims... I already know a lot of what you're saying is going to be illegal to even advertise unless very specific things are done which by the website I don't see it being legitimate.

      Obviously you ARE here to sell... but it smells like scam.

      What is the patent going to be filed under?

      Originally Posted by rmorgan View Post

      I got the info - legit company. This is totally legal.

      I'm going to see what I have to do to sign up.
      Oh cool, I'm glad an attorney with extensive information on this FAKE company, can tell us it is legal.

      This domain and alleged business is registered in Australia, not the United States. You aren't going to be able to offer financing in the US or anywhere except australia, and that's if you're even legally allowed to there which I highly doubt.

      You didn't remove your email with the website domain name fast enough bro. I don't think a financial company is going to have their website cluttered with affiliate links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7099048].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        No... Prove that this company has already been doing it since 2006. Back up YOUR claims... I already know a lot of what you're saying is going to be illegal to even advertise unless very specific things are done which by the website I don't see it being legitimate.

        Obviously you ARE here to sell... but it smells like scam.

        What is the patent going to be filed under?

        Oh cool, I'm glad an attorney with extensive information on this FAKE company, can tell us it is legal. Scammer.

        This domain and alleged business is registered in Australia, not the United States. You aren't going to be able to offer financing in the US or anywhere except australia, and that's if you're even legally allowed to there which I highly doubt.

        You didn't remove your email with the website domain name fast enough bro. I don't think a financial company is going to have their website cluttered with affiliate links.
        What in the world are you talking about bud? You know it to be illegal??? So you are a lawyer now? Here to sell? i think the forum topic is OFFLINE MARKETING which i plan on selling OFFLINE.

        Domain name in Australia?????? Which domain name?? who's domain are you talking about?? i never told you a domain for this product. I have a separate IM business for freebusinessloans.net which has nothing to do with this product.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7099101].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
          Originally Posted by KingsFan View Post

          What in the world are you talking about bud? You know it to be illegal??? So you are a lawyer now? Here to sell? i think the forum topic is OFFLINE MARKETING which i plan on selling OFFLINE.

          Domain name in Australia?????? Which domain name?? who's domain are you talking about?? i never told you a domain for this product. I have a separate IM business for freebusinessloans.net which has nothing to do with this product.
          No, just a year of law school but being in business allows me to know a lot of different laws as well.

          Why don't you tell us the company name then? You just aren't answering real questions but claiming to be a representative of the company, which is total BS. After spending about 8K, myself, with a group of attorneys trying to figure out something similar just to offer MY clients... there was too much red tape.

          I have a feeling you just don't know what you're talking about.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7099174].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
            Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

            No, just a year of law school but being in business allows me to know a lot of different laws as well.

            Why don't you tell us the company name then? You just aren't answering real questions but claiming to be a representative of the company, which is total BS. After spending about 8K, myself, with a group of attorneys trying to figure out something similar just to offer MY clients... there was too much red tape.

            I have a feeling you just don't know what you're talking about.
            I don't want to share the company name publicly in a forum for obvious reasons of circumvention. If you are truly interested send me an email and i will get you the info.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7099563].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author rmorgan
            Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

            No, just a year of law school but being in business allows me to know a lot of different laws as well.

            Why don't you tell us the company name then? You just aren't answering real questions but claiming to be a representative of the company, which is total BS. After spending about 8K, myself, with a group of attorneys trying to figure out something similar just to offer MY clients... there was too much red tape.

            I have a feeling you just don't know what you're talking about.
            I emailed him - got the name of the company. Did my research - they have an A+ with the BBB for whatever that's worth.

            I'll ask my ACTUAL Lawyer with an ACTUAL law degree, but in doing some additional research I see that there are maybe 3-4 other companies all doing this within the USA all of them operating LEGALLY. So I'm going to say you don't know what you're talking about.

            Seems like this dude is brokering a legal service.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7100280].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
              Originally Posted by rmorgan View Post

              I emailed him - got the name of the company. Did my research - they have an A+ with the BBB for whatever that's worth.

              I'll ask my ACTUAL Lawyer with an ACTUAL law degree, but in doing some additional research I see that there are maybe 3-4 other companies all doing this within the USA all of them operating LEGALLY. So I'm going to say you don't know what you're talking about.

              Seems like this dude is brokering a legal service.
              Post the company name.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7100362].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author rmorgan
                Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

                Post the company name.
                If I do that I allow everybody to completely circumvent KingsFan and go make a broker relationship with the company.

                You're just fishing for the company name - that's pretty obvious at this point.

                If you want to know for your business email him at support (@) freebusinessloans (.) net and he can give you the information he gave me. Either you're a person that wants to broker this, or your a potential customer looking to offer this to your customers.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7102060].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
                  Originally Posted by rmorgan View Post

                  If I do that I allow everybody to completely circumvent KingsFan and go make a broker relationship with the company.

                  You're just fishing for the company name - that's pretty obvious at this point.

                  If you want to know for your business email him at support (@) freebusinessloans (.) net and he can give you the information he gave me. Either you're a person that wants to broker this, or your a potential customer looking to offer this to your customers.
                  Ummm, obviously you're just a second screen name for him or a groupie maybe, I dunno. Regardless of YOUR intentions, I have no interest in this because its a lie and a scam.

                  A representative of a company doesn't come on here asking if people would be interested, because the company would already have a proven record. Why ask if there is interest if the company has been around?

                  I want the company name because I will assume this is a scam until then. The guy already solicited for people to email, which is already sketchy. If you post the company name that offers this, since HE is a representative of the company, then we'd be able to see for ourselves that this is real.

                  1.) I want to know what category the patent is being filed under.
                  2.) I want to know the company that has supposedly done this since 2006

                  If you can't answer those questions then you have no business speaking about the product and getting irritated with our responses.

                  I have no interest in brokering this fake, sketchy service. Nice try though.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7102087].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
                    Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

                    Ummm, obviously you're just a second screen name for him or a groupie maybe, I dunno. Regardless of YOUR intentions, I have no interest in this because its a lie and a scam.

                    A representative of a company doesn't come on here asking if people would be interested, because the company would already have a proven record. Why ask if there is interest if the company has been around?

                    I want the company name because I will assume this is a scam until then. The guy already solicited for people to email, which is already sketchy. If you post the company name that offers this, since HE is a representative of the company, then we'd be able to see for ourselves that this is real.

                    1.) I want to know what category the patent is being filed under.
                    2.) I want to know the company that has supposedly done this since 2006

                    If you can't answer those questions then you have no business speaking about the product and getting irritated with our responses.

                    I have no interest in brokering this fake, sketchy service. Nice try though.
                    The reason i was asking around here was because i am looking to offer this to website designer and trying to gauge if there is a market for it. It was a simple survey question to see if there is indeed a market for website designers to use this. Have you ever heard of market analysis prior to launching a service to a different industry??? I am sure you have. So as i said before i am not looking to sell you nor do i care if you think its real, scam or whatever you think. I sell this product to traditional offline businesses and wanted to see if there could be a market for the web designer niche.

                    I will not give you the company name or patent because i could careless what you think and at this point its about principle. If i was trying to sell it here then, it would be smart for me to share this information.

                    Look ill make you a deal you spent 8k trying to figure it out pay me 4k and ill tell you. Otherwise beat it.

                    and at your groupie mcflause the only reason he chimes in is because he is still upset that the number 1 seed got blown out in the first round of the playoffs. GO KINGS GO
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7105502].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
                      Originally Posted by KingsFan View Post

                      The reason i was asking around here was because i am looking to offer this to website designer and trying to gauge if there is a market for it. It was a simple survey question to see if there is indeed a market for website designers to use this. Have you ever heard of market analysis prior to launching a service to a different industry??? I am sure you have. So as i said before i am not looking to sell you nor do i care if you think its real, scam or whatever you think. I sell this product to traditional offline businesses and wanted to see if there could be a market for the web designer niche.

                      I will not give you the company name or patent because i could careless what you think and at this point its about principle. If i was trying to sell it here then, it would be smart for me to share this information.

                      Look ill make you a deal you spent 8k trying to figure it out pay me 4k and ill tell you. Otherwise beat it.

                      and at your groupie mcflause the only reason he chimes in is because he is still upset that the number 1 seed got blown out in the first round of the playoffs. GO KINGS GO
                      You won't give the company name because there is no company name.

                      You won't give a patent because there is no patent.

                      I spent 8K to LAWYERS, because paying lawyers can tell me what is legal and what isn't, what can cost me much more money and what would save me more... you're full of crap. You don't even know specific laws when it comes to even advertising these certain services.

                      No website, no patent, no company name, probably no business license... yet, we're supposed to trust you that this company is associated with all these financial institutions and other BS.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7106282].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
                        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

                        You won't give the company name because there is no company name.

                        You won't give a patent because there is no patent.

                        I spent 8K to LAWYERS, because paying lawyers can tell me what is legal and what isn't, what can cost me much more money and what would save me more... you're full of crap. You don't even know specific laws when it comes to even advertising these certain services.

                        No website, no patent, no company name, probably no business license... yet, we're supposed to trust you that this company is associated with all these financial institutions and other BS.
                        You don't have to trust anything. I just find it humorous that you are getting so upset for no reason. Give me your email address i will send you a non compete, non circumvent and a NDA agreement. Will that make you happy?
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7106364].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
                          Originally Posted by KingsFan View Post

                          You don't have to trust anything. I just find it humorous that you are getting so upset for no reason. Give me your email address i will send you a non compete, non circumvent and a NDA agreement. Will that make you happy?
                          I'm not upset.. I'm just asking you to tell us what the patent is being filed under. You don't even need to give the company name, just tell me what you're trying to patent it under. If it is patent pending, there is still a category that it is pending under, I'm just curious what that is. Giving that information doesn't give us the business name.
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7106614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew H
    I am with iAmNameLess on this one. Smells like a scam.

    Run.. just start running!
    Signature
    "You shouldn't come here and set yourself up as the resident wizard of oz."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7102106].message }}

Trending Topics