Are there any GOOD WSOs in regards to Google+ Local?

8 replies
There were a number of GREAT WSOs that handled Google Places. But then there was the big change-over to Google+ Local. Has there been any programs that are relevant following the change, or does everyone recommend sticking with the old ways?
#good #google #local #wsos
  • I have yet to find a program that covers everything and the only good WSO I know of was closed some time ago. The good news, though, is that you don't need a WSO.

    Learn the following:

    1. How to optimize images for G+ Local (do some Googling and you'll find some great info)
    2. How to optimize videos for G+ Local (ditto)
    3. Learn these factors: Local Search Ranking Factors | Local SEO Best Practices for Ranking in Google +Local

    Then sit down and think about how you can check off as many items on that factors list as possible. Pay particular attention to the website stuff.

    90% of a good WSO will just walk you through what's on that list anyway, so you may as well go straight to the source. The other 10% is up to you and your creativity.

    If you want to get REALLY good at local seo, you're going to have to spend some time each day keeping up with things in the local seo scene. Googling "Google Plus Local" will get you to some good blogs and resources.

    After that, it just comes down to learning from your own experience and the experiences of others.
    Signature
    G+ LOCAL SETUP ___and____ Custom WordPress - Genesis Child Themes (see portfolio here)

    SCHEMA.ORG + GEOTAGGING + KML + PUBLISHERSHIP + so much more...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7601720].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel LaRusso
      Originally Posted by Kung Fu Backlinks View Post

      I have yet to find a program that covers everything and the only good WSO I know of was closed some time ago. The good news, though, is that you don't need a WSO.

      Learn the following:

      1. How to optimize images for G+ Local (do some Googling and you'll find some great info)
      2. How to optimize videos for G+ Local (ditto)
      3. Learn these factors: Local Search Ranking Factors | Local SEO Best Practices for Ranking in Google +Local

      Then sit down and think about how you can check off as many items on that factors list as possible. Pay particular attention to the website stuff.

      90% of a good WSO will just walk you through what's on that list anyway, so you may as well go straight to the source. The other 10% is up to you and your creativity.

      If you want to get REALLY good at local seo, you're going to have to spend some time each day keeping up with things in the local seo scene. Googling "Google Plus Local" will get you to some good blogs and resources.

      After that, it just comes down to learning from your own experience and the experiences of others.
      I've followed a lot of Kung Fu Backlink's posts, and he (she?) really knows what they're talking about. This is solid advice from someone who could have steered you toward a WSO where you'd spend $10 or so to get the same information that's handed right there to you for free. Good on ya, Kung Fu Backlinks, and keep the great feedback coming - I really appreciate it!
      Signature

      It is unwise to trust all you read on the internet.
      - Benjamin Franklin

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7603376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    The horrors of google places when you run into a problem. Just writing about it makes me nautious. For 1 full year I had a listing that was driving me insane. Absolutely out of my mind. For 9 months of that year I was trying to remove 1 simple duplicate. I contacted google in 1 million different ways, and they never did a thing untill the 9th month, for whatever reason.

    Then afterwards I was so angry I spammed my listing and got it suspended. I think that was my way of telling google I hate them and that I wanted my listing to die.

    I wound up starting a new website connected to a fresh listing, and that solved all of my problems. But if I did that 1 year earlier, I'd be getting so much more traffic today. I don't know how people offer google places ranking services. I realize I didn't know a thing about google places back then, but OMG what a nightmare it was trying to fix that problem.

    -Red
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7602060].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stone2010
      Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

      The horrors of google places when you run into a problem. Just writing about it makes me nautious. For 1 full year I had a listing that was driving me insane. Absolutely out of my mind. For 9 months of that year I was trying to remove 1 simple duplicate. I contacted google in 1 million different ways, and they never did a thing untill the 9th month, for whatever reason.

      Then afterwards I was so angry I spammed my listing and got it suspended. I think that was my way of telling google I hate them and that I wanted my listing to die.

      I wound up starting a new website connected to a fresh listing, and that solved all of my problems. But if I did that 1 year earlier, I'd be getting so much more traffic today. I don't know how people offer google places ranking services. I realize I didn't know a thing about google places back then, but OMG what a nightmare it was trying to fix that problem.

      -Red
      LOL definitely and it's only gotten worse since last year. I remember the days when you could edit a listing and went live right away including the changes etc.. Good ol' Days!.. In General ranking factors pretty much still the same, now Google gives more credit to organic rankings to boost your G+ rankings which before if you had more citations than the next guy you would outrank him. I know a lot of marketers that were very successful offering Google Places (back then) and couldn't handle all the changes and stop offering it.. At the end of the day I am a big fan of the basics even with organic SEO, don't over optimized and have good original content including images and make sure all your citations NAP match
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7603818].message }}
  • LOL yup sure can be. The kicker is... the solution is usually pretty simple. Not easy, but simple
    Signature
    G+ LOCAL SETUP ___and____ Custom WordPress - Genesis Child Themes (see portfolio here)

    SCHEMA.ORG + GEOTAGGING + KML + PUBLISHERSHIP + so much more...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7603359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kellyyarnsbro
    There are so many things are are still best with the old ways i believe. I suggest you stick to the classic ways but new things have good things as well and it's worth to learn from also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7603463].message }}
  • Thanks, DL. I appreciate that.

    And for the record, I are a man lol
    Signature
    G+ LOCAL SETUP ___and____ Custom WordPress - Genesis Child Themes (see portfolio here)

    SCHEMA.ORG + GEOTAGGING + KML + PUBLISHERSHIP + so much more...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7603980].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tiduslite8
    I appreciate everyone's responses, but feel I should clarify a pint or two.

    I don't mind buying a WSO if it contains, among all of the rehashing, only one bit of information that I did not know previously. That one bit of information could easily translate to much more in value than the $10 to $20 spent on the WSO. That is the reason I posed the question, to find out if anyone had happened across anything new in the last several months.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7604043].message }}

Trending Topics