Today I Closed A 15k A Month Deal. How I did it!?

44 replies
I have to be honest, I did really think offline was for me, and my personality.

But for me, I had to really work my arse off, working 15 hours a day, and it is really starting to pay off big time. Yes, long hours, sitting on this damn machine, I screwed up royally at the start, but any good marketer knows, that failure is going to happen, you just have to welcome it, and keep plugging away and keep testing things till you have a system that works.

You need a good system for getting leads...

You need a good system for gaining trust....

You need a good system for getting them to say HELL YES!....

You need a good system for them staying our clients!!.....


Well Right now I have a great system that just works! Now, I am not going to say it the best, and going to make me a million dollars a month, but its a system I have, and over about 10 different ways I have tried this is working the best!.

I have closed lots of sorts of offline deals, and gotten clients to sign checks ranging from $97, $497, $4500 for all sorts of things.

But today i had a record day. It was the first time I scored a 15k a month deal. To say I am happy is an understatement. I am not saying this to brag, no....not at all. You see I was once a newbie and sitting reading the warrior forum all day trying to work hard at a system and test things, not only to make good monthly profits but to really do well for me and my family!

I can tell you, if there was an award for failing......especially in the offline world.... I would have won 1st, 2nd an 3rd place for all these accolades! But I am glad I have a system downpacked that I know when I wake up in the morning and follow my techniques it will not only bring in clients, but gigantic clients as I did today.

So, I am no way an offline or local business guru, nor I want to be, but it is time I gave back to the forum to help celebrate my new found success.

Here is what I have learnt over the past 24 months.

1) You are your own master!, do not let anyone bring you down or tell you what you can or CANT do!

2) Realise people are people, and have real emotions. Be empathetic to them, and actually Give a damn. Do not just think of them as $$ signs that should be sitting in your bank account.

3) Trust is the new currency of this downspiralling economy.

4) Do not worry if you screw up things, realise that when you fail then you know you will learn and realise what NOT TO DO!

5) Give results in advance. Take away questions of your prospects not by answers them, but by showing them results. Videos, sound, audio, testimonials etc. Once people see this social proof it makes it easier for them to say YES!

6) Follow up, my sales and business nearly quadrupled when I did this.

7) Offline you can still use upsells, back ends, after sales.

8) Referrals are like having a big shiney gold nugget at the bottom of your pocket you just have reach down a bit, and use it the right way.

9) Test 3 variants of one thing, like an email message, some copy, a sales speech, presentation....test it, and then record which one works best, and then keep using that. Simple but this is my secret. If something keeps working like gangbusters, do not go looking for something better!

10) Become your clients, dress like them, think like them, and write down what you day is like, and what your surface desires at like. When you do this, you are speaking to their core form your core identity as a marketer. Then watch how you realise everything you are doing up to now is wrong!, and watch how your marketing and benefit messages change. This can triple the current business you are currently getting and a great excercise you can do in like 20 mins.


--------------------------------------------------------------------

DONT HOPE TO REEL IN THE BIG WIGS, Here is HOW I DID IT?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1) When you get good at closing $97 deals, or $497 deals something shifts in your mentality. Write down what you learnt, and what keeps working and keep doing that.

2) Networking - It works when done right, and build it on trust and relationships. I have won a $1000 per month deal before, because I took a prospect to dinner, and I remembered his wifes name and flowers she liked. Its personal and building repore can work wonders. Give and get respect. Also compliments can go a long way!

3) Local businesses are great to do deals with. But for bigger larger deals, like my 15k a month deal. It takes a bit more running around, but you need to go to the companies that have big money to spend.

I once read about a graphic designer who was sick of smaller jobs for $200 - $600 so she went to the big house of companies bringing in millions and sent her best works, and an oven glove postpacked, with a message on top saying something like "this stuff is too hot to handle so I included a oven glove for you guys" ha ha, she attached this oven mit to the package, and it got their attention, and now does bigger deals with them, not hundreds of piddly little $200 jobs, and more running around.

4) I realised smaller companies have to sort of budget for SEO services, or consultations, where as bigger companies do not find it hard to write 5k 10k or in my case 15k a month deals. They do not batter and eyelid at this. It takes more work from you, but they have the money, and if you have what they need, they have the money and if you offer real value.

5) Do not shove features in their face, or money figures. Businesses do not care. I screwed this up royaly. I know realise they want to know what I can do for them, and how I can make them more of the green stuff. Offer benefits, solutions, answers to problems. Do not be like the other hudreds of offers under their noses of names, features, and reputations. I have realised they do not care, they want RESULTS in advance!!! SHow them, and the benefits for them.

6) Give away free stuff, and offer to help for free. But be firm do not let people steal hours from you day, by getting free help they should be paying for. I did this mistake first up. Some people are leeches, so weed them out, and the people who pay you for your services, advice are more inclined to value it more, and act apon it, others freebie seekers will not.

Ok going away to celebrate with my wife tonight time to jump in the shower.

Shout out to John D and Claude and a few other senior warriors who give themselves to this forum. There is much better info on this forum than those $97 ebooks, so keep up the great work all of you!

Like I said, I am no expert, I have failed and I am having more successes at the moment, and wanted to hand on my tips, tricks and just some little techniques. And heres cheers to more money flowing into bank accounts. The real secret I have found is to GIVE A DAMN, so yes, GIVE A DAMN! and help people and they will reward you for it.
#15k #closed #deal #month #today
  • Profile picture of the author Mogly
    Great job mate. I'm still amazed when I land <$1,000/month jobs.

    Solid.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7707919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by Mogly View Post

      Great job mate. I'm still amazed when I land <$1,000/month jobs.

      Solid.
      I have to say, again, I failed badly at the start.

      Then something happed, my mentality shifted a bit.

      Suddenly I was doing things that I thought I never could. I got more confident, and the way I marketed was smarter!

      I never thought I could score a 1k month deal, but eventually after a crap load of work I did. Now this deal. I never in hell though it was even possible. LOL. But now I am started to see the light.

      Oh, and by the way. I am Sooooo happy for you and your $1k deals. If you can score 1k deals, there is no reason you cant get to 2k or 5k deals. Keep up the good work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7707927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Voasi
    That's great! Congrats!

    What have you found to be a great source of consistent leads for your business? I think a lot of people struggle with that element.
    Signature
    Want $6,000/mo. SEO Clients? Watch My Free Video!
    We do WSO Designs TOO!!! Best on WF! - Click Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7707946].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by Voasi View Post

      That's great! Congrats!

      What have you found to be a great source of consistent leads for your business? I think a lot of people struggle with that element.
      Voasi,

      again its something I failed at, but I tested and tested.

      1) I found that cold emailing still does work.

      2) get poeple to optin and give them a freebie or something worth $200 or so.

      3) Try to contact people who are marketing heavily, like my 15k prospect. It means they have lots of cash at their disposal. Its not hard to find those already doing alot of marketing. That was my secret.

      4) I hate cold calling and cold walk ins, I was ok at it, but no guru.

      5) The jobless dad, and interview method worked well for me. Especially if you come across as caring and helping them. And at the end of the interview give them something free. I gave away a CD with a fake $100 note attached and it made them watch it.

      6) pullling out ads of the yellow pages, and attaching it with a handwritten note saying telling them I saw their ad and had a few ideas, and for them to call me. This worked ok, but I ended up getting about a 20% call rate. I still need to test more stuff out with this method. But seems to be working and generating leads.

      7) Referrals definitely worked the best for me though.

      To each and their own I guess. It will take testing, but you will find 1 or 2 ways to generate leads that work best. When you find them, stick to them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708021].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sebastian Wilde
        Well done Celente, and great post.

        Three things from your post stand out for me:

        1. "be empathetic" with your customer

        This has always been key-to really understand your prospect's view and perspective..and life.

        2. "Trust is the new currency of this downspiralling economy. "

        Trust was also the currency of the "old economy" and will be the currency of any new economy that comes along.

        Human nature hasn't changed all that much down through the centuries. In fact, the story of Adam and Eve is really one of trust, isn't it?

        2. "Here is what I have learnt over the past 24 months. "

        Most people underestimate how long it takes to acquire new skills, build trust with your potential market, and arrive at a repeatable, successful system for converting those leads into sales.

        Well done again.

        Sebastian.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708104].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
        Originally Posted by celente View Post

        3) Try to contact people who are marketing heavily, like my 15k prospect. It means they have lots of cash at their disposal. Its not hard to find those already doing alot of marketing. That was my secret.
        Yup. People who are into advertising heavily are the best to work with. They are already sold on advertising in general. And they are making the most money from advertising anyway. You'll be preaching to the converted.



        Originally Posted by celente View Post

        6) pullling out ads of the yellow pages, and attaching it with a handwritten note saying telling them I saw their ad and had a few ideas, and for them to call me. This worked ok, but I ended up getting about a 20% call rate. I still need to test more stuff out with this method. But seems to be working and generating leads.
        You get 20% of the people you send their Yellow Pages ad with a note...to call you? How many do business? I think this is a highly duplicatable idea.

        Huge contribution. Thank you.
        Signature
        One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

        Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7710266].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Liz Morgan
          Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

          You get 20% of the people you send their Yellow Pages ad with a note...to call you? How many do business? I think this is a highly duplicatable idea.
          I always see people making claims of response like that and it baffles me how it's possible. Where do they live and what are they writing for crying out loud? I live in the SF Bay Area, CA and I'd be ecstatic with one quarter the response he's claiming. And I'm a pretty decent copywriter.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7710436].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author celente
            Originally Posted by Liz Morgan View Post

            I always see people making claims of response like that and it baffles me how it's possible. Where do they live and what are they writing for crying out loud? I live in the SF Bay Area, CA and I'd be ecstatic with one quarter the response he's claiming. And I'm a pretty decent copywriter.
            Hi, and if you do not believe me that is fine.

            I am not saying that is my coversion rate for a sale, it is for people who call me.

            So if I handwrite 100 i will only get about 17 - 20 call backs. They are not sales, just people who call back interested in what I have to say about their ad.

            I am not a copywriter, I just give them ideas on what they have for their ad, and then talk about their business and try to help. Then I try to plug in my services. You have to be careful but.

            Its a great way to just learn about what businesses are doing and what struggles they are having too.

            This is just one way I get leads, it is in no way what I call a great way, but still its a way to get leads.....and that is what we all need, each week, the more leads the better.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7710770].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Liz Morgan
              Originally Posted by celente View Post

              Hi, and if you do not believe me that is fine.

              I am not saying that is my coversion rate for a sale, it is for people who call me.

              So if I handwrite 100 i will only get about 17 - 20 call backs. They are not sales, just people who call back interested in what I have to say about their ad.

              I am not a copywriter, I just give them ideas on what they have for their ad, and then talk about their business and try to help. Then I try to plug in my services. You have to be careful but.

              Its a great way to just learn about what businesses are doing and what struggles they are having too.

              This is just one way I get leads, it is in no way what I call a great way, but still its a way to get leads.....and that is what we all need, each week, the more leads the better.
              I didn't say I didn't believe you, I just don't have all the facts. I tried a similar strategy from a WSO by Gary Wilkinson (Garyfromdurham) and even with his extensive info pack mailer, the response was dismal here where I live. Do you live in a heavily populated area where people are ultra marketed to and protective of their time and attention, or a more rural town with a slower pace?

              Also, regarding the 15K deal--What are the company's annual revenues, and how extensive is your scope of work with them?

              Thanks.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7716740].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author digichik
                Originally Posted by Liz Morgan View Post

                I didn't say I didn't believe you, I just don't have all the facts. I tried a similar strategy from a WSO by Gary Wilkinson (Garyfromdurham) and even with his extensive info pack mailer, the response was dismal here where I live. Do you live in a heavily populated area where people are ultra marketed to and protective of their time and attention, or a more rural town with a slower pace?

                Also, regarding the 15K deal--What are the company's annual revenues, and how extensive is your scope of work with them?

                Thanks.
                Liz, I'm in your neck of the woods. This method can be very effective. Sometimes it's not the area you are mailing to, it's the niche. Remember, for this method to be really effective, you are going to have to call each business you sent a mailing to. Most marketer send out mail and never take the initiative to follow-up with a phone call. This is a huge mistake. Many of the people you send a mailing to may be interested in what you have to offer, they just get busy with their business and forget to call you, or just don't take the time to call you. You must call them. Best to call within 48-hours of mailing.

                I would also suggest before sending out the mailing that you call and get the name of the business owner or use manta to get it. Sending a mailing to a specific person is far more effective than just sending it blind to a business.

                In the Bay Area there is more business than one person can ever be able to handle, it is everywhere. It doesn't matter if they are marketed to constantly. They are responsive to me and I bring them on as clients.
                Signature



                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7717064].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Liz Morgan
                  Originally Posted by digichik View Post

                  Liz, I'm in your neck of the woods. This method can be very effective. Sometimes it's not the area you are mailing to, it's the niche. Remember, for this method to be really effective, you are going to have to call each business you sent a mailing to. Most marketer send out mail and never take the initiative to follow-up with a phone call. This is a huge mistake. Many of the people you send a mailing to may be interested in what you have to offer, they just get busy with their business and forget to call you, or just don't take the time to call you. You must call them. Best to call within 48-hours of mailing.

                  I would also suggest before sending out the mailing that you call and get the name of the business owner or use manta to get it. Sending a mailing to a specific person is far more effective than just sending it blind to a business.

                  In the Bay Area there is more business than one person can ever be able to handle, it is everywhere. It doesn't matter if they are marketed to constantly. They are responsive to me and I bring them on as clients.
                  Hi Digichik. Thanks for the response. I totally agree with you on the huge amount of business we have at our finger tips here. And I understand phone follow up is necessary in most cases, but as far as the number of incoming calls from mailings some people like Gary and Celente are claiming, I haven't come close to approaching those numbers. My incoming responses are very low.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7718331].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Voasi
                    Originally Posted by Liz Morgan View Post

                    Hi Digichik. Thanks for the response. I totally agree with you on the huge amount of business we have at our finger tips here. And I understand phone follow up is necessary in most cases, but as far as the number of incoming calls from mailings some people like Gary and Celente are claiming, I haven't come close to approaching those numbers. My incoming responses are very low.
                    Liz -

                    Like digichik is saying, it really does depend on the niche and offer. You probably hear that a lot, but it's so true. I've done a lot of marketing to local business owners and some respond to my Ads and some don't. The more granular you get with a business vertical, the more opportunity you have to pick-up the "lingo" which helps in your marketing efforts when crafting your message.

                    And again, follow-up is SOO key. I did a direct response piece where we put $1 bill inside on the sales letter. We got 1 or 2 responses out of 100. Not great. I told my sales reps to call on each person we mailed to. After that we had about 10 prospects that were interested and a majority of people remembered us as the "money guys". Follow-up is where the money is at.
                    Signature
                    Want $6,000/mo. SEO Clients? Watch My Free Video!
                    We do WSO Designs TOO!!! Best on WF! - Click Here
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7718476].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
            Originally Posted by Liz Morgan View Post

            I always see people making claims of response like that and it baffles me how it's possible. Where do they live and what are they writing for crying out loud? I live in the SF Bay Area, CA and I'd be ecstatic with one quarter the response he's claiming. And I'm a pretty decent copywriter.
            I think the reason for the 20% response is that the poster said that he also sends the ads from the Yellow Pages. Maybe he calls them too.
            Signature
            One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

            Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7710956].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author abbot
              Banned
              I imagine you would be smart enough NOT to try to process this job through a merchant acc. Print your own checks.

              Congrats though!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7712077].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author celente
          Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

          Yup. People who are into advertising heavily are the best to work with. They are already sold on advertising in general. And they are making the most money from advertising anyway. You'll be preaching to the converted.





          You get 20% of the people you send their Yellow Pages ad with a note...to call you? How many do business? I think this is a highly duplicatable idea.

          Huge contribution. Thank you.
          thanks claude, not as a good contributor as your posts.

          I actually got that yellow pages ad here on the forum.

          1) I rip out yellow pages ads

          2) attach a hand written note with "saw ad, and a awesome idea struck me like lightnight, call me if you are interested"

          3) I leave my contact details.

          This seems to work on pure curiosity. I still do this, but it seems to work mediocre. I am only averaging 20% call rate, but to me for this work is not that good! I dunno, but still testing this to see if I can make it better. But so far it remains the same.

          Again, I only target certain businesses who are advertising, as I know they have money. Bigger ads in yellow pages seem to do better, like 1/4 or 1/2 page ads, and these normally turn into buyers.

          Thanks again claude, and thanks to all the others for their kind words and well wishes. 4am here and time to go to sleep.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7710756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
    Great post. Thank you for sharing your experiences and
    what you've learned.


    Originally Posted by celente View Post

    I once read about a graphic designer who was sick of smaller jobs for $200 - $600 so she went to the big house of companies bringing in millions and sent her best works, and an oven glove postpacked, with a message on top saying something like "this stuff is too hot to handle so I included a oven glove for you guys" ha ha, she attached this oven mit to the package, and it got their attention, and now does bigger deals with them, not hundreds of piddly little $200 jobs, and more running around.

    This was a close friend of mine and as far as I know she
    never did smaller jobs for $200 to $600.

    She always worked in the high end of the market (I thnk
    you post is how urban legends get started. Before long
    she'll be penniless broke living in a cardboard box on the
    street before she worked out how to send an oven mit
    with her mailing...)

    She worked up from high end jobs to getting clients who
    were some of the largest corporations in the world.

    She was also brilliant at networking.

    She was really friendly, asked a ton of questions and got to
    know people and she never talked about herself or her
    business.

    She was humble and when she made a suggestion it was
    usually framed like "this might be a crazy idea but..."

    Most people, including myself, could learn from that.

    Kindest regards,
    Andrew Cavanagh
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708147].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by AndrewCavanagh View Post

      Great post. Thank you for sharing your experiences and
      what you've learned.





      This was a close friend of mine and as far as I know she
      never did smaller jobs for $200 to $600.

      She always worked in the high end of the market (I thnk
      you post is how urban legends get started. Before long
      she'll be penniless broke living in a cardboard box on the
      street before she worked out how to send an oven mit
      with her mailing...)

      She worked up from high end jobs to getting clients who
      were some of the largest corporations in the world.

      She was also brilliant at networking.

      She was really friendly, asked a ton of questions and got to
      know people and she never talked about herself or her
      business.

      She was humble and when she made a suggestion it was
      usually framed like "this might be a crazy idea but..."

      Most people, including myself, could learn from that.

      Kindest regards,
      Andrew Cavanagh
      Andrew. WOW! thanks, and great that you were able to quote and reference me.

      Also I have to thankyou, for your posts and help in here over the last few years.

      My god, its been a real struggle for me like I said, but i am glad I came out the other end ok. Kudos again for that story, we can all learn a valuable less there. So cool to have the balls, to do stuff, and take action to stand out from the crowd ey?

      Keep up the great work Andrew. You rock!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gmil88
    Congrats celente, glad to hear you're having success in the offline world. Your post truly is inspiring man.

    I gotta ask though, can you give us any info on the $15k/month client? What industry? What are they paying $15k/month for?

    I look forward to your reply.

    Take care,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708287].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by gmil88 View Post

      Congrats celente, glad to hear you're having success in the offline world. Your post truly is inspiring man.

      I gotta ask though, can you give us any info on the $15k/month client? What industry? What are they paying $15k/month for?

      I look forward to your reply.

      Take care,
      yes touching wood, thanks for the kind words, but still I am learning from the forum here, and my own mistakes, which now are still plenty, but not as much as when I moved over to offline.

      This is in the financial industry, I offer SEO, traffic, consulting and a few other minor things, but outsource most of this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author awledd
    I think I have lots of options in the offline market where I live in but I just couldn't stand talking to people. I am easily offended with a bit of negative attitude. That is it. I am also poor at it. how can I change things arround?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708329].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by awledd View Post

      I think I have lots of options in the offline market where I live in but I just couldn't stand talking to people. I am easily offended with a bit of negative attitude. That is it. I am also poor at it. how can I change things arround?
      For me I use to trade on the stock market trading floor here in Australia. It use to be busy. SO I am not nervous.

      Guess what, I was stepped on, punched, hit, sworn at, called a so and so, flipped off alot. That was part of the game.

      I grew a tough skin, and you have to learn in business that not everyone is going to like you, not everyone is going to say yes! Get over it, and remember for lots of NO's there will be yeses coming. And I have already realised it is a numbers game, the number games get better with practice and patience. that is for sure.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Good stuff Celente,

    From what I have observed with you over the years and how much you value honesty, I dont question this at all, even though some inevitably will...and I take you at your word if you say you got a $15k per month deal, because you have consistently shown to be one of great "conscious" and honest values over the long haul.

    Bearing that in mind- THIS IS AN AMAZING SUCCESS! CONGRATULATIONS!

    Wow! Nice! You deserve it.

    -John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708476].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      Good stuff Celente,

      From what I have observed with you over the years and how much you value honesty, I dont question this at all, even though some inevitably will...and I take you at your word if you say you got a $15k per month deal, because you have consistently shown to be one of great "conscious" and honest values over the long haul.

      Bearing that in mind- THIS IS AN AMAZING SUCCESS! CONGRATULATIONS!

      Wow! Nice! You deserve it.

      -John
      John I cannot thankyou enough for you help, support tips, tricks, I always thought from the start, this John Guy pours his heart out. And you are honest, and the ups and downs are all shared in here.

      With me, there has been many ups and down. But the sky is the limit now. I never really got that fact of you saying its all in your head. I thought that was baloney, but now after a few $xxxx deals and now 1 $xx,xxxx deal i Totally get it, today was a big shift for me, and its like your words are much clearer. If you can picture a jigsaw puzzle all muddle, but the pieces starting to come together that is how I feel today. Its a good feel and I am just goint with it.

      My only nervous feel is that this client will want to stay with me, I am already putting in place things to make sure he is getting $30k worth of value, and that he knows it.

      But Again John, The big man upstairs will surely bless you in many ways for what you let loose on this bad boy forum. Its helped me in more ways than u know. Ta.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708669].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
        Originally Posted by celente View Post

        My only nervous feel is that this client will want to stay with me, I am already putting in place things to make sure he is getting $30k worth of value, and that he knows it.
        Well done.

        However I was curious about the bit I have bolded above. What do you mean by that?

        Dan
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7709155].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sandalwood
          Celente,

          Good show. It is amazing how things work if you will work those things. Our main biz is insurance. Talk about a competitive market. But, if you work it, it will work for you.

          Congratulations.

          Tom
          Signature
          Get 30% or More Retirement Income If you are serious about your retirement, you'll love this product.

          The Money Ferret Finance Article Directory
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7709695].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author leeannprice
            Congratulations on your success. You mentioned in your post something so important outside of strategies and tactics and what you sold for 15K - and that was how you had to change your mindset to be able to charge that kind of $$.

            And, that's so important, because if you didn't feel comfortable charging that fee, you wouldn't be receiving it now. Too many people want to charge big money, but are too apprehensive about actually asking for that kind of money, so they stay "safe" with lower dollar clients.

            That part of the sales equation is so important and maybe the most overlooked by people.

            Just wanted to reiterate that, because I think people get so caught up in the strategies and tactics, which are important, but as you found out not the whole equation.

            Thanks for sharing and congratulations again on your well-earned success.

            Lee Ann
            Signature
            MobileBizBox - Apps, SMS, Mobile Sites, QR - everything you need for your mobile business. 30 Day Free Trial
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7709992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon74
    Well done Celente, your success shows that if offline marketing is done properly you can make great money!

    Keep up the good work, you have a solid strategy!

    Simon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7708589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greige
    This has been really inspiring post!

    If you dont mind me asking, since I am trying to start my offline business as well, I was wondering where is it the best place to outsource SEO and re-designing webpages?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7710371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iwillbeontop
    I will be stealing that oven glove idea and using it in an upcoming direct mail campaign.

    Congrats on your recent client and thank you for sharing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7710704].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Heart Cardio
    Wow that is great that you are making that much a month. I bet that it just feels wonderful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7716357].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Craig McPherson
      Celente,

      Thats great news mate.
      I have read your posts over the years with interest and this confirms how committed you are to succeeding.

      Once again, great stuff mate.

      Cheers.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7716514].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kebertt
    Originally Posted by celente View Post

    10) Become your clients, dress like them, think like them, and write down what you day is like, and what your surface desires at like. When you do this, you are speaking to their core form your core identity as a marketer. Then watch how you realise everything you are doing up to now is wrong!, and watch how your marketing and benefit messages change. This can triple the current business you are currently getting and a great excercise you can do in like 20 mins. [/B]=
    I love this - great advice that's so true, specifically to marketing/design firms. When you're trying to cater to a business's model, but don't fully understand everything they undergo, how can you fully benefit them?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7716768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneyman2010
    Nice job Celente..There's A Fortune In Follow-Up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7717068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulintheSticks
    Did I miss it? I didn't see the part about how you did it or what you actually sold.
    Congratulations!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7717105].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dave147
      Originally Posted by PaulintheSticks View Post

      Did I miss it? I didn't see the part about how you did it or what you actually sold.
      Congratulations!
      lol, yeah I think the title is a bit misleading...but great stuff on landing that client though
      and good post
      Signature

      THESE PRODUCTS FREE @ adsense-expert
      When You Get The 300 Logo Templates Here
      $500.00 in FREE Advertising For You Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7717795].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author celente
        Originally Posted by dave147 View Post

        lol, yeah I think the title is a bit misleading...but great stuff on landing that client though
        and good post
        I do understand if you do not believe me.

        But like I said, I am still over the moon about this, and the real deal is failing so many times first. I mean really badly.

        I have a worksheet and tested about 20 different thing on how to get leads..for me that was key, getting leads first, and then working out a way to give them cool free stuff, free advice to get them to sit down so I could show them what I had on offer.

        Once I sat down to do my $497 deals, those sales were easier.

        When I sat down for my $1k deals some said NO, but there were far more YESSES!

        And for the $15k deal there is no doubt I would not be able to get that unless I organised an appointment and sat them down. I was right!

        For me now its all about getting more leads, and testing ways on how to turn them in to prospects. It is not easy, like I said, I screwed up majorly most ways, but I found 2-3 ways, that I know works, and kept using them. Then I just knew it was a matter of time until someone said YES!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7723376].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dave147
      Originally Posted by PaulintheSticks View Post

      Did I miss it? I didn't see the part about how you did it or what you actually sold.
      Congratulations!
      Originally Posted by dave147 View Post

      lol, yeah I think the title is a bit misleading...but great stuff on landing that client though
      and good post
      Originally Posted by celente View Post

      I do understand if you do not believe me.

      But like I said, I am still over the moon about this, and the real deal is failing so many times first. I mean really badly.

      I have a worksheet and tested about 20 different thing on how to get leads..for me that was key, getting leads first, and then working out a way to give them cool free stuff, free advice to get them to sit down so I could show them what I had on offer.

      Once I sat down to do my $497 deals, those sales were easier.

      When I sat down for my $1k deals some said NO, but there were far more YESSES!

      And for the $15k deal there is no doubt I would not be able to get that unless I organised an appointment and sat them down. I was right!

      For me now its all about getting more leads, and testing ways on how to turn them in to prospects. It is not easy, like I said, I screwed up majorly most ways, but I found 2-3 ways, that I know works, and kept using them. Then I just knew it was a matter of time until someone said YES!
      It wasn't about believing you, it was about your title "How I did it" is what we were talking about...your posts up to that point didn't mention "how you did it" but you did elaborate further on your post above, so once again, great stuff on landing the client.
      Signature

      THESE PRODUCTS FREE @ adsense-expert
      When You Get The 300 Logo Templates Here
      $500.00 in FREE Advertising For You Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7723714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sakthiganesh
    Hi Celente:
    Can you provide more information about your business model(what you have offered and how you find clients...)
    Thanks in advance.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7723674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheBigBee
    What exactly did you sell?

    Originally Posted by celente View Post

    I have to be honest, I did really think offline was for me, and my personality.

    But for me, I had to really work my arse off, working 15 hours a day, and it is really starting to pay off big time. Yes, long hours, sitting on this damn machine, I screwed up royally at the start, but any good marketer knows, that failure is going to happen, you just have to welcome it, and keep plugging away and keep testing things till you have a system that works.

    You need a good system for getting leads...

    You need a good system for gaining trust....

    You need a good system for getting them to say HELL YES!....

    You need a good system for them staying our clients!!.....


    Well Right now I have a great system that just works! Now, I am not going to say it the best, and going to make me a million dollars a month, but its a system I have, and over about 10 different ways I have tried this is working the best!.

    I have closed lots of sorts of offline deals, and gotten clients to sign checks ranging from $97, $497, $4500 for all sorts of things.

    But today i had a record day. It was the first time I scored a 15k a month deal. To say I am happy is an understatement. I am not saying this to brag, no....not at all. You see I was once a newbie and sitting reading the warrior forum all day trying to work hard at a system and test things, not only to make good monthly profits but to really do well for me and my family!

    I can tell you, if there was an award for failing......especially in the offline world.... I would have won 1st, 2nd an 3rd place for all these accolades! But I am glad I have a system downpacked that I know when I wake up in the morning and follow my techniques it will not only bring in clients, but gigantic clients as I did today.

    So, I am no way an offline or local business guru, nor I want to be, but it is time I gave back to the forum to help celebrate my new found success.

    Here is what I have learnt over the past 24 months.

    1) You are your own master!, do not let anyone bring you down or tell you what you can or CANT do!

    2) Realise people are people, and have real emotions. Be empathetic to them, and actually Give a damn. Do not just think of them as $$ signs that should be sitting in your bank account.

    3) Trust is the new currency of this downspiralling economy.

    4) Do not worry if you screw up things, realise that when you fail then you know you will learn and realise what NOT TO DO!

    5) Give results in advance. Take away questions of your prospects not by answers them, but by showing them results. Videos, sound, audio, testimonials etc. Once people see this social proof it makes it easier for them to say YES!

    6) Follow up, my sales and business nearly quadrupled when I did this.

    7) Offline you can still use upsells, back ends, after sales.

    8) Referrals are like having a big shiney gold nugget at the bottom of your pocket you just have reach down a bit, and use it the right way.

    9) Test 3 variants of one thing, like an email message, some copy, a sales speech, presentation....test it, and then record which one works best, and then keep using that. Simple but this is my secret. If something keeps working like gangbusters, do not go looking for something better!

    10) Become your clients, dress like them, think like them, and write down what you day is like, and what your surface desires at like. When you do this, you are speaking to their core form your core identity as a marketer. Then watch how you realise everything you are doing up to now is wrong!, and watch how your marketing and benefit messages change. This can triple the current business you are currently getting and a great excercise you can do in like 20 mins.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    DONT HOPE TO REEL IN THE BIG WIGS, Here is HOW I DID IT?

    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    1) When you get good at closing $97 deals, or $497 deals something shifts in your mentality. Write down what you learnt, and what keeps working and keep doing that.

    2) Networking - It works when done right, and build it on trust and relationships. I have won a $1000 per month deal before, because I took a prospect to dinner, and I remembered his wifes name and flowers she liked. Its personal and building repore can work wonders. Give and get respect. Also compliments can go a long way!

    3) Local businesses are great to do deals with. But for bigger larger deals, like my 15k a month deal. It takes a bit more running around, but you need to go to the companies that have big money to spend.

    I once read about a graphic designer who was sick of smaller jobs for $200 - $600 so she went to the big house of companies bringing in millions and sent her best works, and an oven glove postpacked, with a message on top saying something like "this stuff is too hot to handle so I included a oven glove for you guys" ha ha, she attached this oven mit to the package, and it got their attention, and now does bigger deals with them, not hundreds of piddly little $200 jobs, and more running around.

    4) I realised smaller companies have to sort of budget for SEO services, or consultations, where as bigger companies do not find it hard to write 5k 10k or in my case 15k a month deals. They do not batter and eyelid at this. It takes more work from you, but they have the money, and if you have what they need, they have the money and if you offer real value.

    5) Do not shove features in their face, or money figures. Businesses do not care. I screwed this up royaly. I know realise they want to know what I can do for them, and how I can make them more of the green stuff. Offer benefits, solutions, answers to problems. Do not be like the other hudreds of offers under their noses of names, features, and reputations. I have realised they do not care, they want RESULTS in advance!!! SHow them, and the benefits for them.

    6) Give away free stuff, and offer to help for free. But be firm do not let people steal hours from you day, by getting free help they should be paying for. I did this mistake first up. Some people are leeches, so weed them out, and the people who pay you for your services, advice are more inclined to value it more, and act apon it, others freebie seekers will not.

    Ok going away to celebrate with my wife tonight time to jump in the shower.

    Shout out to John D and Claude and a few other senior warriors who give themselves to this forum. There is much better info on this forum than those $97 ebooks, so keep up the great work all of you!

    Like I said, I am no expert, I have failed and I am having more successes at the moment, and wanted to hand on my tips, tricks and just some little techniques. And heres cheers to more money flowing into bank accounts. The real secret I have found is to GIVE A DAMN, so yes, GIVE A DAMN! and help people and they will reward you for it.
    Signature
    FILL IN THE BLANKS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7746958].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BillyParadise
      Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post

      What exactly did you sell?
      what exactly did you quote?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7747103].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheBigBee
        Originally Posted by BillyParadise View Post

        what exactly did you quote?
        Billy - my quoting the entire article and appending the question; "What exactly did you sell" is / was a passive aggressive way of saying; "this article is incomplete" and / or "I have my doubts."

        Does that make sense?
        Signature
        FILL IN THE BLANKS!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7747135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Amstardam
    Sounds like a great plan. Well as far as your question goes "thebigbee", some people do not choose to say as to what exactly they sold due to many reasons
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7747899].message }}

Trending Topics