But for me, I had to really work my arse off, working 15 hours a day, and it is really starting to pay off big time. Yes, long hours, sitting on this damn machine, I screwed up royally at the start, but any good marketer knows, that failure is going to happen, you just have to welcome it, and keep plugging away and keep testing things till you have a system that works.
You need a good system for getting leads...
You need a good system for gaining trust....
You need a good system for getting them to say HELL YES!....
You need a good system for them staying our clients!!.....
Well Right now I have a great system that just works! Now, I am not going to say it the best, and going to make me a million dollars a month, but its a system I have, and over about 10 different ways I have tried this is working the best!.
I have closed lots of sorts of offline deals, and gotten clients to sign checks ranging from $97, $497, $4500 for all sorts of things.
But today i had a record day. It was the first time I scored a 15k a month deal. To say I am happy is an understatement. I am not saying this to brag, no....not at all. You see I was once a newbie and sitting reading the warrior forum all day trying to work hard at a system and test things, not only to make good monthly profits but to really do well for me and my family!
I can tell you, if there was an award for failing......especially in the offline world.... I would have won 1st, 2nd an 3rd place for all these accolades! But I am glad I have a system downpacked that I know when I wake up in the morning and follow my techniques it will not only bring in clients, but gigantic clients as I did today.
So, I am no way an offline or local business guru, nor I want to be, but it is time I gave back to the forum to help celebrate my new found success.
Here is what I have learnt over the past 24 months.
1) You are your own master!, do not let anyone bring you down or tell you what you can or CANT do!
2) Realise people are people, and have real emotions. Be empathetic to them, and actually Give a damn. Do not just think of them as $$ signs that should be sitting in your bank account.
3) Trust is the new currency of this downspiralling economy.
4) Do not worry if you screw up things, realise that when you fail then you know you will learn and realise what NOT TO DO!
5) Give results in advance. Take away questions of your prospects not by answers them, but by showing them results. Videos, sound, audio, testimonials etc. Once people see this social proof it makes it easier for them to say YES!
6) Follow up, my sales and business nearly quadrupled when I did this.
7) Offline you can still use upsells, back ends, after sales.
8) Referrals are like having a big shiney gold nugget at the bottom of your pocket you just have reach down a bit, and use it the right way.
9) Test 3 variants of one thing, like an email message, some copy, a sales speech, presentation....test it, and then record which one works best, and then keep using that. Simple but this is my secret. If something keeps working like gangbusters, do not go looking for something better!
10) Become your clients, dress like them, think like them, and write down what you day is like, and what your surface desires at like. When you do this, you are speaking to their core form your core identity as a marketer. Then watch how you realise everything you are doing up to now is wrong!, and watch how your marketing and benefit messages change. This can triple the current business you are currently getting and a great excercise you can do in like 20 mins.
DONT HOPE TO REEL IN THE BIG WIGS, Here is HOW I DID IT?
1) When you get good at closing $97 deals, or $497 deals something shifts in your mentality. Write down what you learnt, and what keeps working and keep doing that.
2) Networking - It works when done right, and build it on trust and relationships. I have won a $1000 per month deal before, because I took a prospect to dinner, and I remembered his wifes name and flowers she liked. Its personal and building repore can work wonders. Give and get respect. Also compliments can go a long way!
3) Local businesses are great to do deals with. But for bigger larger deals, like my 15k a month deal. It takes a bit more running around, but you need to go to the companies that have big money to spend.
I once read about a graphic designer who was sick of smaller jobs for $200 - $600 so she went to the big house of companies bringing in millions and sent her best works, and an oven glove postpacked, with a message on top saying something like "this stuff is too hot to handle so I included a oven glove for you guys" ha ha, she attached this oven mit to the package, and it got their attention, and now does bigger deals with them, not hundreds of piddly little $200 jobs, and more running around.
4) I realised smaller companies have to sort of budget for SEO services, or consultations, where as bigger companies do not find it hard to write 5k 10k or in my case 15k a month deals. They do not batter and eyelid at this. It takes more work from you, but they have the money, and if you have what they need, they have the money and if you offer real value.
5) Do not shove features in their face, or money figures. Businesses do not care. I screwed this up royaly. I know realise they want to know what I can do for them, and how I can make them more of the green stuff. Offer benefits, solutions, answers to problems. Do not be like the other hudreds of offers under their noses of names, features, and reputations. I have realised they do not care, they want RESULTS in advance!!! SHow them, and the benefits for them.
6) Give away free stuff, and offer to help for free. But be firm do not let people steal hours from you day, by getting free help they should be paying for. I did this mistake first up. Some people are leeches, so weed them out, and the people who pay you for your services, advice are more inclined to value it more, and act apon it, others freebie seekers will not.
Ok going away to celebrate with my wife tonight time to jump in the shower.
Shout out to John D and Claude and a few other senior warriors who give themselves to this forum. There is much better info on this forum than those $97 ebooks, so keep up the great work all of you!
Like I said, I am no expert, I have failed and I am having more successes at the moment, and wanted to hand on my tips, tricks and just some little techniques. And heres cheers to more money flowing into bank accounts. The real secret I have found is to GIVE A DAMN, so yes, GIVE A DAMN! and help people and they will reward you for it.