She did seem genuinely interested (Website redesign / SEO). When I asked her which package (of the 3) she would like to go with today, she said she like the silver package.
However, I'm not sure if I didn't make the transition right in asking for the money, she said she needs to double check her cash flow in the business now before making a decision because it's an off season.
My money line was basically something like, "to get started, all I need from you is a cheque for the website and setup fee." Then she hesitated and gave me that line.
Then I tried to give her the "Feel, Felt, Found" thing where I understand how she feels and many others have felt the same, but I've found those who put it off never end up doing anything and weeks later their site is still bad and they're still not getting business online.
And I even tried the John Durham technique of giving her an option to pay just $500 up front (fully refundable) if she decides later that she didn't want it, just to get her to commit, but that didn't do anything either.
I can see that she felt tension/pressure at this point, so I asked her if there're any other questions she had for me and she said none but just to think about it and check the budget.
And so she told me to "call her Thursday" to give me a "yes or no".
So my question to all you warriors:
What would you have done?
Would you have given more rebuttals than what I've done?
How can I improve a similar situation in the future to CLOSE AT THAT 1ST MEETING?