1. I don't have much of a track record or credentials.
2. I believe I can make a lot more money as long as I choose clients wisely.
Structuring commissions/pricing is tricky and there are a lot of considerations & options such as:
1. The company's margins and current growth (positive or negative)
2. Commission should be paid monthly
3. Commission should be based on the performance of specific strategies/tactics vs overall profitability because:
- Some strategies such as positioning and branding can't be directly measured.
- Much greater control over individual measurable strategies and tactics and less overall risk.
6. Charge hourly rate for general/non-measurable consulting
7. Flat fee for formal plan
8. 1 year contract for results/commission based marketing so they can't dump me after I implement the plan. I'm not really sure about this one.
If anyone has any thoughts or anything to add to this, I would greatly appreciate your insights.