I'm going to lay out an entire strategy on how you can easily engage and generate clients on LinkedIn
The strategy starts with the philosophy you have to be a friend before you can have a friend.
Most people on LinkedIn go charging in and try and connect with people and run a promotion strategy that is bordering on spamming people.
Here is a quick screen capture video that I created to show you how easy it is to connect and engage decision makers through LinkedIn.
Here is the strategy
1. Fill in your profile 100%
2. Don’t fill it in like a resume; fill in your profile with your clients in mind. How do you help people what do you want them to do when they read your profile. Think Key Words Think responsive actions. Treat your profile like a lead generation converting landing page.
3. Use the summery section to let people know how you can help them.
4. Join open groups in the industry niche you want to do business in watch the video above for ideas.
5. If you are a member of an association of your niche then you can join closed groups which are more targeted.
6. When you’re in the group page click on the members tab and go to the search bar on the top left hand corner and type in the title of the decision makers you want to connect with.
7. Think key word title and location “Director Brisbane” “Owner Brisbane” “Director LA” remember there are acres of diamonds in your back yard so start with your location first. You’ll find that you may end up with a list of 20 to sometimes hundreds of contacts.
8. Check the profiles of the search results and see if they are the type of company you want to do business with.
9. Hit the connect button and invite the prospective contact to connect with you (see the instructions in the video above) complement the contact on their website or business or something you read on their profile and ask as a joint member of the group they would like to connect.
10. Ina few days they will accept your connection and may even send you an email introducing themselves to you. (You’ll be notified in your inbox that they have accepted your connection).
11. When that happens I send a brief email introducing myself and I ask a question.
Hi Bob, Thanks for accepting my invitation to connect I’m doing some research on some of the opinions and challenges that (insert niche industry here) is facing when it comes to marketing your business using the internet.
I’ve listened to several people in the industry and it’s interesting to see what the trends are. I’d like to ask you a small favour? What impact is the internet making on your business?
Or what in your opinion do you think is a frustration or challenge in being effective when it comes to marketing your business online. Just hit the reply button and thank you for taking the time to answer the question. As a courtesy I’ll make sure you get the results of my research.
Some other questions I might ask instead.
From a strategic point of view is the internet changing the way you market your services?
In what ways is the internet changing the way you interact with your customers?
How is your internet marketing strategy helping you communicate engage and service clients better?
NOTE: Try and keep it brief and only ask one question.
The conversion rate to connect is about 90% it’s very high.
NOTE play the numbers game I usually have about 70 to 100 emails out there at any one time.
In my experience I find that the response rate is about 20%
When you receive a reply I usually send an email back to them quickly thanking them and asking permission to give them a quick call to clarify their answer.
The majority email me back with a time GOTYA “GOT YOU” not the singer
CHA CHING Now I have what every Internet Marketing Consultant wants and that is a receptive decision maker on the phone where I can ask questions, add value, build rapport with the natural progression to a consultation on how they can generate and achieve better results with a systematic structured and measurable approach to growing their business.
One of my private mentoring consultants picked up a website redo for a recruitment company for $5800 following this exact process.
NOTE. This is as easy as it gets and the lead generation strategy is at the very low price of FREE.
NO MORE GATE KEEPERS you get direct access to decision makers
TARGET your customers, you can target industry niches, get great research from the discussions, you can see where there are problems and challenges that need solutions?
SIMPLE non-threatening approach
Give it a try and connect with business decision makers in your target market today.
PLAY THE NUMBERS GAME
YOU HAVE TO BE A FRIEND FIRST TO HAVE FRIEND
It would be great if you can post your results on the forum to let others see what can be done to grow your offline business.
There are some free training videos where you can pick up some more ideas from the link in the signature below.
Remember make Every Day A Pay Day