Is it possible to build a 6 figure offline marketing business without talking to or meeting clients

23 replies
All of the offline marketing gurus (that I've stumbled across) agree that in order to build an offline marketing business you must at some stage talk to prospective clients either on the telephone or face-to-face.

This had me wondering, "Does anyone have any examples of someone building 6 or 7 figure offline marketing business WITHOUT talking to or meeting clients?

Until after the deals done, that is.
#build #business #cli #figure #marketing #meeting #offline #talking
  • Profile picture of the author Abrar Tariq
    ''NO'' things Don't work like that. Internet doesn't mean traditional ways totally change, they form new Dimensions, and that's where people get stuck the most. Hope that Helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ginnysclub1
      Thanks for your reply BUT what do you mean by new dimensions?

      Originally Posted by Abrar Tariq View Post

      ''NO'' things Don't work like that. Internet doesn't mean traditional ways totally change, they form new Dimensions, and that's where people get stuck the most. Hope that Helps
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adferger1
    It is possible... But not optimal...
    Signature

    Visit our Smokeless Cigarettes guide

    Or you can buy cigarettes online and save money.
    I also offer duty free cigars, duty free cosmetics and duty free perfumes. Check out my site now...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892792].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brandon Tanner
      Sure it's possible. Just hire telemarketers / VA's to do the talking for you, and you take care of the fulfillment part. Of course you could outsource the fulfillment part too... just depends on how you want to structure your business.

      If you want to do everything yourself, on the other hand, then I wouldn't go so far to say that it would be impossible to build a 6 figure offline marketing business without actually talking to anyone, but I think it would be extremely difficult.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892838].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ginnysclub1
        Originally Posted by Brandon Tanner View Post

        Sure it's possible. Just hire telemarketers / VA's to do the talking for you, and you take care of the fulfillment part. Of course you could outsource the fulfillment part too... just depends on how you want to structure your business.

        If you want to do everything yourself, on the other hand, then I wouldn't go so far to say that it would be impossible to build a 6 figure offline marketing business without actually talking to anyone, but I think it would be extremely difficult.
        I was thinking about absolutely NO talking to or meeting potential clients before clinching the deal.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Depends on what kind of offline business you are talking about... The scope for that term is pretty narrow here. Im pretty sure Matt Laclear doesnt really have to talk to anyone on the phone or face to face and he sells seo out the ying yang in the WSO section here.

    You just have to be creative. In import exports you shouldnt have to talk to clients much either, it's mostly done online...

    There are alot of different types of offline business and alot of angles... If you are creative like Matt, then sure. There are ways.

    I don't know that there are many good "standard" ways...you have to think on your feet and create your own strategy with your own angles.

    Offer to let others be resellers of your service for example. I did that about ten years ago and racked up clients by creating an offline affiliate program, and I never had to talk to a customer.

    You have to be creative. Be a pioneer and create the way. Then you can be the one that answers this question and shows others your way...if you choose.

    I would show you my way, but it would open up 100 questions and I have to focus on what Im doing, in short: Create an offline affiliate program and give the opportunity to 100 people and have them all out there selling for you.

    A form of that same strategy is also what works for Matt...but he created his own processes... Take an idea like Amway has...and put your own twists on it. The owner of Amway never has to talk to a customer.

    You just have to have the nerve to try your ideas... Do things that other people say are impossible! Create ways where other people say there are none. Carve the path.

    Nothing better than being unbelievable! That comes from carving your own paths.

    -John Durham
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892840].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ginnysclub1
      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      Depends on what kind of offline business you are talking about... The scope for that term is pretty narrow here. Im pretty sure Matt Laclear doesnt really have to talk to anyone on the phone or face to face and he sells seo out the ying yang in the WSO section here.

      You just have to be creative. In import exports you shouldnt have to talk to clients much either, it's mostly done online...

      There are alot of different types of offline business and alot of angles... If you are creative like Matt, then sure. There are ways.

      I don't know that there are many good "standard" ways...you have to think on your feet and create your own strategy with your own angles.

      Offer to let others be resellers of your service for example. I did that about ten years ago and racked up clients by creating an offline affiliate program, and I never had to talk to a customer.

      You have to be creative. Be a pioneer and create the way. Then you can be the one that answers this question and shows others your way...if you choose.

      I would show you my way, but it would open up 100 questions and I have to focus on what Im doing, in short: Create an offline affiliate program and give the opportunity to 100 people and have them all out there selling for you.

      A form of that same strategy is also what works for Matt...but he created his own processes... Take an idea like Amway has...and put your own twists on it. The owner of Amway never has to talk to a customer.

      You just have to have the nerve to try your ideas... Do things that other people say are impossible! Create ways where other people say there are none. Carve the path.

      Nothing better than being unbelievable! That comes from carving your own paths.

      -John Durham
      There's some fantastic ideas here but once again I thinking in terms of NO talking to clients.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
    Rich Schefren
    Perry Marshall
    Signature

    "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892959].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ginnysclub1
      Originally Posted by bizgrower View Post

      Rich Schefren
      Perry Marshall
      I have heard about both of guys these before. But I don't really know that much about them. Apart from Perry Marshall is a PPC guru.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James English
    Originally Posted by ginnysclub1 View Post

    All of the offline marketing gurus (that I've stumbled across) agree that in order to build an offline marketing business you must at some stage talk to prospective clients either on the telephone or face-to-face.

    This had me wondering, "Does anyone have any examples of someone building 6 or 7 figure offline marketing business WITHOUT talking to or meeting clients?

    Until after the deals done, that is.
    It is possible if you move beyond the freelancing mentality of building your business. Hiring sales people, account managers, etc.

    Out of curiosity, where are you getting tripped up when it comes to your business? You have a WSO about hiring commission only sales reps, so I am assuming your problem isn't on the sales/acquisition end?
    Signature
    HandRaise.co Performance Driven B2B Prospecting and Appointment Setting
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893110].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by Trent English View Post

      It is possible if you move beyond the freelancing mentality of building your business. Hiring sales people, account managers, etc.

      Out of curiosity, where are you getting tripped up when it comes to your business? You have a WSO about hiring commission only sales reps, so I am assuming your problem isn't on the sales/acquisition end?
      Wow. didnt notice that.... It's scary how many people who do wso's and have no experience at what they are writing about. I mean Im not assuming that this person is one of those, because the sig says there is experience...but if that's the case, then making sales without talking to people shouldnt be an issue... Don't know why help would be needed. Maybe I'm confused though.

      I dont do recruiting now, but I use to...and if I ever wanted to again I could do it like the back of my hand, it's not like you forget how to do things... That experience should be able to solve the OP's problem.
      -JD
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    Yes but there are only two ways really in my mind that it works.

    1. By getting a bit technical with the idea of "without talking to or meeting clients" by saying that refers only to you, the business owner. This one is easy and is what most companies do. You hire people to do the selling. So if it is just you that wants to avoid clients you can.

    2. You could market DIY "offline marketing" tools to clients that are sold via websites. Companies like Constant Contact would be what you are trying to build. If you price and and training videos were good enough you could build this with email tech support only and get to $100k plus IMO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaxwellB
    I disagree with everyone. We kick people into our sales funnel, present to them, close them, collect payment with minimal phone and no face to face interaction. And this is for digital consulting services like web design, seo etc not my appointment setting business.

    Lead generation is the only part that we can choose to call them but the other parts actually can't involve any face to face or phone interaction, it doesn't fit into those parts.

    But of course kicking them into the sales funnel can be phone, print or online methods like ppc, email etc.

    So yes It can be done really anything can be done. But will I explain exactly how? no.

    My question for you is why are you asking?
    Signature
    Get featured on Forbes, Inc, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg and other major media publications - Gain instant trust, credibility and close more sales!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893544].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike R
      Most SMBs get bombarded with offers for marketing services, so differentiating yourself and your offering is the key to success.

      So someone's going to have to do some "selling" of your value proposition somewhere along the way, whether it's killer sales copy on your landing page/forum thread, an automated webinar, a call center, whatever. And I personally feel that simple outsourcing of sales (opening, appointment setting, and even closing) is much easier than creating a 100% automated sales funnel that's good enough to push SMBs into buying services without ever talking anyone, at least when trying to acheive the type of numbers you're talking about.

      Theoretically, this automation could probably be done, but you'd have to offer low-dollar services in high volume...I can promise that 4 and 5 figure per month contracts for offline services do NOT get closed without sales calls beings made at some point.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893748].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ginnysclub1
        Originally Posted by Mike R View Post

        Most SMBs get bombarded with offers for marketing services, so differentiating yourself and your offering is the key to success.

        Theoretically, this automation could probably be done, but you'd have to offer low-dollar services in high volume...I can promise that 4 and 5 figure per month contracts for offline services do NOT get closed without sales calls beings made at some point.
        That's my belief also, but I suppose I wanted to find out if there were lots of examples where person to person interactive selling wasn't involved.

        From the replies so far, clearly it's not impossible but it is extremely rare. Which is what I thought but I thought it's best to check it out first before making the wrong assumptions.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7894050].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ginnysclub1
      Originally Posted by MaxwellB View Post

      I disagree with everyone. We kick people into our sales funnel, present to them, close them, collect payment with minimal phone and no face to face interaction. And this is for digital consulting services like web design, seo etc not my appointment setting business.

      Lead generation is the only part that we can choose to call them but the other parts actually can't involve any face to face or phone interaction, it doesn't fit into those parts.

      But of course kicking them into the sales funnel can be phone, print or online methods like ppc, email etc.

      So yes It can be done really anything can be done. But will I explain exactly how? no.

      My question for you is why are you asking?
      I'm asking simply out of curiosity. Because, like I said all the big guns that I've come across include some cold-calling or some form of face to face selling in they marketing mix.

      I wanted to know if it was possible to do and I wanted to get an indication of how difficult it would be, comparatively speaking.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893954].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bawls
        There are people who fall for Nigerian email scams so selling services near anonymously should be possible but you better be have mutant superhero email writing ability to get them to follow through.
        Signature
        Dominate Craigslist
        ~1.50 Per Post * 90 Day Min Run * Ghost Free Guarantee~
        ~Full Phone & Skype Support * PM or Skype for Details~
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893995].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MaxwellB
        Originally Posted by ginnysclub1 View Post

        I'm asking simply out of curiosity. Because, like I said all the big guns that I've come across include some cold-calling or some form of face to face selling in they marketing mix.

        I wanted to know if it was possible to do and I wanted to get an indication of how difficult it would be, comparatively speaking.
        Well no phone and no face to face means automation....which can be difficult to set up but once it's set up it makes everything 10x easier.

        Less actual WORK and more working smarter not harder.

        Aside from cold calling for the very first interaction with the client, to get them into the sales funnel we do what your asking and sell a $2,495 product with a monthly residual. The gross profit (revenue minus cost of goods sold) on the product is $1,700 plus the residual.

        After that all additional services are sold over the phone because once you have the client it's silly to have them go through another funnel for long term seo, sms marketing email marketing etc when you can just call them and they are much more likely to do all that at that point after they have spent money with you.

        If you replace the cold calling which is actually more warm, with PPC or print advertising then yeah the whole thing is hands off for a $1,700 gross profit per sale plus a monthly residual plus the opportunity to sell 5 other internet marketing services.

        So I'll put it to rest, the answer to your question is yes. Now you'll have to figure out how if you want it that bad.

        What I'm describing is an extremely automated sales funnel that closes the client (small business owners) without any face to face or phone interaction. Closing sales is something a lot of people have difficulty with so naturally this is valuable. Im not ashamed to say I am planning on making this a full fledged business opportunity to own a digital consulting agency without the need to "sell". So that's why I'm being so vague, it's essentially everyones dream, own your own business, sit back as sales come in, manage the clients/work. Because let's be honest, for most, sales is the toughest part. Because it is tough, and it is only going to get tougher and tougher.

        But yes, it can be done, it is being done. Now for 3k per month SEO contracts? no, that comes after the initial product.

        I hope that helps your curiosity.
        Signature
        Get featured on Forbes, Inc, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg and other major media publications - Gain instant trust, credibility and close more sales!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7894029].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Arzak
        Originally Posted by ginnysclub1 View Post

        I'm asking simply out of curiosity. Because, like I said all the big guns that I've come across include some cold-calling or some form of face to face selling in they marketing mix.

        I wanted to know if it was possible to do and I wanted to get an indication of how difficult it would be, comparatively speaking.
        So... what about email then?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7903630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vocalines
    I saw a WSO (not sure but I think it was a WSO) explaining a system where you can help get the lead (telemarketing can be outsourced on a pay per lead basis) then this company would take over the whole selling process and you get your commission as soon as the deal is made. I think it was about getting loans to small (offline) businesses.

    I thought I had the link to the WSO but can't find it. Could anyone give us the link if they saw that thread?

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7894047].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ginnysclub1
      Originally Posted by Vocalines View Post

      I saw a WSO (not sure but I think it was a WSO) explaining a system where you can help get the lead (telemarketing can be outsourced on a pay per lead basis) then this company would take over the whole selling process and you get your commission as soon as the deal is made. I think it was about getting loans to small (offline) businesses.

      I thought I had the link to the WSO but can't find it. Could anyone give us the link if they saw that thread?

      Thanks
      I saw the same WSO, which look interesting to say the least BUT it gets disqualified because it involves telemarketing.

      I've also tried to find the link to it without success but I'll keep looking and post it here when I find it.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7894069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Natasha2003
    John Durham " Do things that other people say are impossible! Create ways where other people say there are none. Carve the path"

    **I love this! And ill add: sometimes you have to push the mute bottom for not only the whispers around you but also in your head. Never stop learning and keep at it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7895131].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sham2
    Such a nice information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7903516].message }}

Trending Topics