Where to Buy Cheap Domain for BLOG & Web Hosting?

22 replies
Hello Warriors,


I just want to build my 5 Blog sites for Google Adsense. But i need your suggestions where to buy A Cheap domain and web hosting? Cheap amount but a trusted company and a dedicated server !


Please help me

Thanks

Kherk
#blog #buy #cheap #domain #hosting #web
  • Profile picture of the author RobinInTexas
    If all that matters is cheap, go to godaddy and deal with their painfully slow user interface.

    For cheap hosting go to Web Hosting Offers and check out the reviews.
    Signature

    Robin



    ...Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just set there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8102415].message }}
    • Originally Posted by RobinInTexas View Post

      If all that matters is cheap, go to godaddy and deal with their painfully slow user interface.

      For cheap hosting go to Web Hosting Offers and check out the reviews.

      So what site to buy domain but good service as well?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108818].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RobinInTexas
        Originally Posted by upmarketingdotorg View Post

        So what site to buy domain but good service as well?
        I have used namecheap in the past and they are on my NO NEVER AGAIN list. They are not an ICANN accredited registrar. They are actually a reseller for eNom, so when you do a whois it shows it's registered through namecheap AT eNom.
        When you do anything there it has to get passed on to eNom and I experienced delays and failures their interface with eNom. When you think you have paid to register a domain an namecheap, if somebody registers it elsewhere before they successfully pass the information to eNom, you are out of luck on the domain name, but they do give you a prompt refund.

        My recommendation is name.com. I have been using them for about three years and never had any problems. I have used nodaddy, namecheap and netfirms in the past and now have my 50+ domains at name.com
        When I checked their .com: $8.25 for transfers --- $9.25 for new and renewals they have a free privacy if you use a coupon code. "PRIVACYPLEASE"

        When you are buying anything there check at http://www.retailmenot.com/view/name.com for current discount codes. You cannot use 2 coupons in one transaction, so buy/renew a domain with a coupon and once the transaction completes go back immediately and get the whois privacy.
        Signature

        Robin



        ...Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just set there.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8111645].message }}
        • Originally Posted by RobinInTexas View Post

          I have used namecheap in the past and they are on my NO NEVER AGAIN list. They are not an ICANN accredited registrar. They are actually a reseller for eNom, so when you do a whois it shows it's registered through namecheap AT eNom.
          When you do anything there it has to get passed on to eNom and I experienced delays and failures their interface with eNom. When you think you have paid to register a domain an namecheap, if somebody registers it elsewhere before they successfully pass the information to eNom, you are out of luck on the domain name, but they do give you a prompt refund.

          My recommendation is name.com. I have been using them for about three years and never had any problems. I have used nodaddy, namecheap and netfirms in the past and now have my 50+ domains at name.com
          When I checked their .com: $8.25 for transfers --- $9.25 for new and renewals they have a free privacy if you use a coupon code. "PRIVACYPLEASE"

          When you are buying anything there check at http://www.retailmenot.com/view/name.com for current discount codes. You cannot use 2 coupons in one transaction, so buy/renew a domain with a coupon and once the transaction completes go back immediately and get the whois privacy.
          Thanks bro.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8116047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elmerdiola
    for your domain .99 for 1st year on 1and1.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8102425].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author battleweb
      Originally Posted by elmerdiola View Post

      for your domain .99 for 1st year on 1and1.com
      No offense elmerdiola, but I have to STRONGLY disagree with 1and1. While they provide a very tempting deal for starting up with them, my experience with them is they will hold possession of the domain and you have to "buy it out" from them (it's possible they changed their policies since, but that was the case when I went through them). And what's worse is after signing up for a trial hosting plan with them, I opted out toward the end of the plan and a few months later I discovered they had put me in collections! AVOID 1&1 LIKE THE PLAGUE!
      Signature
      If you find my post helpful, please be sure to click the Thanks button and let me know.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8110529].message }}
      • Originally Posted by battleweb View Post

        No offense elmerdiola, but I have to STRONGLY disagree with 1and1. While they provide a very tempting deal for starting up with them, my experience with them is they will hold possession of the domain and you have to "buy it out" from them (it's possible they changed their policies since, but that was the case when I went through them). And what's worse is after signing up for a trial hosting plan with them, I opted out toward the end of the plan and a few months later I discovered they had put me in collections! AVOID 1&1 LIKE THE PLAGUE!
        Thanks for the Warning by the way!

        will you recommend me where to buy great deals of domain and have a free coupon?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8111511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kellyyarnsbro
    Go is cheap yet effective I agree, ideal one to consider for your hosting and domain needs, it's where i had mine before,.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8102694].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PittZBT12
    Namecheap.com is who I've used for domain registration for a while now. I started with them and have found it easier just to keep all of my domains in one place, so I've not searched for low priced domain registrars in quite a while. They aren't the cheapest around, but offer fairly good pricing and reliable customer support. They have domains that start right now at $3.98 US per year for the more obscure extensions ($10.69 / yr for .com domains). They offer web hosting starting at $3.45 per month. I've never used them for hosting so I can't give an opinion. I use Host Gator and they are reasonably priced with some extras that are useful. They also offer domain registration.
    Signature

    Nick
    http://www.denverdealhunter.com http://www.maxxpo.com
    Maximum Xposure Marketing

    Make it a profitable day!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8111508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alpha981
    Like a lot of warriors I use Diffrent firms for Hosting and Names
    I would Recommend Namecheap.com, I have been using them for the last few years now. for hosting I use indigitalspace.com Super service and the prices are also ok.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8111545].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beestaff
    I saw many sources from some forums and post here for all members. hope that these info will help you:

    1. 1and1.com _ Annual Fee: 8.99
    2. Netfirms.ca _ Annual Fee: 9.99
    3. GoDaddy _ Annual Fee: 11.99
    4. Namecheap.com _ Annual Fee: 8.98
    5. fxdomains.com _ Annual Fee: 8.99
    6. Moniker.com _ Annual Fee: 8.99
    7. Hostway.com _ Annual Fee: 7.95 (first year) and $9.95 (renewals)
    8. Yahoo Domains _ Annual Fee: 9.95 (first year) and $34.95 (renewals)
    9. HostGator.com _ Annual Fee: 15.00
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8117970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kherk Roldan
      Originally Posted by beestaff View Post

      I saw many sources from some forums and post here for all members. hope that these info will help you:

      1. 1and1.com _ Annual Fee: 8.99
      2. Netfirms.ca _ Annual Fee: 9.99
      3. GoDaddy _ Annual Fee: 11.99
      4. Namecheap.com _ Annual Fee: 8.98
      5. fxdomains.com _ Annual Fee: 8.99
      6. Moniker.com _ Annual Fee: 8.99
      7. Hostway.com _ Annual Fee: 7.95 (first year) and $9.95 (renewals)
      8. Yahoo Domains _ Annual Fee: 9.95 (first year) and $34.95 (renewals)
      9. HostGator.com _ Annual Fee: 15.00
      Thanks men
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8125889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    Go Daddy is the big web hosting service. I would suggest GoDaddy you can buy domains for cheap prices.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8119233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GomerMagtibay
    What about Bluehost? One of my blogs is hosted with them. Although their hosting is not the lowest in price, their lowest is $4.95 per month, but your hosting package includes----unlimited domain hosting, unlimited GB hosting space, unlimited GB file transfer, unlimited E-mail accounts, free domain registration, free site builder w/ templates, plus excellent performance! I never had any problems with them. Excellent hosting!

    What do you think?
    Signature

    Turn your passion into profits.
    https://gomermagtibay.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8119422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kherk Roldan
      Originally Posted by GomerMagtibay View Post

      What about Bluehost? One of my blogs is hosted with them. Although their hosting is not the lowest in price, their lowest is $4.95 per month, but your hosting package includes----unlimited domain hosting, unlimited GB hosting space, unlimited GB file transfer, unlimited E-mail accounts, free domain registration, free site builder w/ templates, plus excellent performance! I never had any problems with them. Excellent hosting!

      What do you think?
      thanks bro.. kababayan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8126185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dash0205
    I love Namecheap. The dashboard is user friendly. I did try some of the providers too. But I became more comfortable with Namecheap. Good luck!
    Signature
    I am bent to provide more value to the marketplace. Connect with me via my Blog YOU CAN CLICK HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8125937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MoreTricks
    You may need to consider the web hosting providers like just host, blue host etc to host your sites, they offer unlimited website hosting + free domain name

    Just host charges 2.95/mo
    and blue host $3.95 per month
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8126629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author candycandy7
    I also agree that I had a bad experience with 1and1 domain transfers. In addition, they also let a customer in to edit my account. I was working as a web designer at the time and had all my sites there. The client had OCD or something and was always freaking out about minute details. He kept promising to start paying for additional edits and revisions, but never did. These were the old days of the internet and I was self taught. i charged him only $300 for his site and terrorized me for like 6 months. Then when I cut things off, he called 1and1 and said he should have access to his site, so they gave him access to all of my client accounts and gave him all of my passwords and access to all of my ftps etc. and he went into other people's files and caused all sorts of chaos. Their customer service was nice and friendly though, but that was useless considering the things that were going on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8128574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mathewsps
    I prefer and use godaddy for domains & Hostgator for hosting as they have a great support 24/7 experienced and friendly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8129046].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author islandgal
      crazydomains.com.au have dot com domains for $3.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8129274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kherk Roldan
    i think i will use namecheap for domain and hostgator for hosting. what do you think guys? Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8259483].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DJL
      I have used Name.com & NameCheap.com for years without any problems as domain registrars.
      If you search this forum, you will find many recent horror stories about HostGator, so beware.
      I prefer HawkHost.com for hosting.
      There is a very active forum at WebHostingTalk.com where you may read reviews and find special offers.
      Signature

      None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
      --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Elective Affinities (1809)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8260195].message }}

Trending Topics