Best place to advertise Local SEO Services

21 replies
Hi Guys,

Anyone got any recommendations on the best place to advertise for Local SEO services?

Rob.
#advertise #local #place #seo #services
  • Profile picture of the author James Foster
    You shouldn't be selling SEO services anyways.

    ...At least not named as such.

    SEO to offline businesses has become a commodity, and thus businesses shop around for the lowest price.

    So unless you want to be the "low price leader" (which is a terrible position for so many reasons), I'd suggest you create a unique package that includes SEO as part of it... but isn't the entire service.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8401424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bayo
      Originally Posted by James Foster View Post

      You shouldn't be selling SEO services anyways.

      ...At least not named as such.

      SEO to offline businesses has become a commodity, and thus businesses shop around for the lowest price.

      So unless you want to be the "low price leader" (which is a terrible position for so many reasons), I'd suggest you create a unique package that includes SEO as part of it... but isn't the entire service.
      Jame 'nailed it' with his reply, so I'll only add a few comments.

      As a marketer you should look at what your SEO will provide to your customers which is either relief of problems they have or gaining some business benefit that creates more profits for them.

      If you understand SEO properly you can link it to almost anything that a local business is struggling with in terms of reducing how much they spend and increasing how much they make in profits, but you're going to need to sit down and come up with your unique way (voice) of describing this to potential customers.

      You'll know when you've done a good job when you can articulate what you've got to say without having to drop in "SEO."

      Hope this helps.

      BAYO
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8404864].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wazeela111
      Originally Posted by James Foster View Post

      You shouldn't be selling SEO services anyways.

      ...At least not named as such.

      SEO to offline businesses has become a commodity, and thus businesses shop around for the lowest price.

      So unless you want to be the "low price leader" (which is a terrible position for so many reasons), I'd suggest you create a unique package that includes SEO as part of it... but isn't the entire service.
      Hi James,

      Thanks for the advise! this will help others too!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8746860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ATAC
    I agree with James above and wouldn't lead with SEO and call it that at least..
    I have had a ton of success targeting local business using Craigslist ..

    What I like to do is keep the guessing and interested with my ads using click image from a guy on fiver and then send them to a squeeze page offering a free marketing analysis report.

    But the key to this is using scarcity in your video squeeze explaining that if they are not doing theses things(my services) in the video that is if their competitors are that they will not be able to compete soon, getting them to opt in to my list ..
    Then once on my list I do my homework to find out where they need the most help and approach with this..

    Best of luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8401519].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sodomojo
      Originally Posted by ATAC View Post

      I agree with James above and wouldn't lead with SEO and call it that at least..
      I have had a ton of success targeting local business using Craigslist ..

      What I like to do is keep the guessing and interested with my ads using click image from a guy on fiver and then send them to a squeeze page offering a free marketing analysis report.

      But the key to this is using scarcity in your video squeeze explaining that if they are not doing theses things(my services) in the video that is if their competitors are that they will not be able to compete soon, getting them to opt in to my list ..
      Then once on my list I do my homework to find out where they need the most help and approach with this..

      Best of luck
      How are you getting image ads linked to not get flagged or ghosted?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8402176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
    Small list of your own niche websites promoting your services works pretty well. Say, you take on a small niche, you create a new site, dominate some keywords in there, and place a big header saying "Would you like to own a site like this, ranking high in Google? Call us now!" or something similar.

    Right now almost every company owner checks his competition, thats why this technique works so well. They see your site ranking high... and they simply get VERY curious.

    Signature
    People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8401535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rizy
    You can sell local seo by itself but it has to be a complete package, which includes:
    Google Plus Page Optimization
    Address and Map On Page Optimization
    Geo-Targeted Video
    If you want to offer more, offer a cleanup service of citations.
    Look at what KungFuBackLinks does and see if you can offer that kind of package.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8401873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ronrule
    Local talk radio.

    Seriously. Decision-makers are listening to it, and traditional media legitimizes Internet companies. It's something every business wants, but they don't want to feel like they're dealing with some guy working from his parents basement, and don't know how to trust if they just go to Google and search for it. But if you're advertising on the radio, you're a "real company" not just an "internet company". And you're probably the only one doing it. But reaching this audience is all in how the ad is worded - you need to be talking about how they could be using the Internet as a virtual salesman, working 24/7 to find them new customers, and how optimizing for search engines is a science that requires expertise, not a job for "the computer guy" or "the guy who made your website".

    That message will resonate with the decision makers. And they'll call you, because they trust what they hear on the radio more than they trust what they read on the Internet.

    Get them into a monthly package - they need to be spending at least $1,000 per month with you, don't "go cheap" here. But of that $1,000 tell them they get a $250 bill credit for every referral and one by one they tell the other business owners in their social circles (the ones that aren't their competitors) about you and your services. There's a good chance those other business owners heard your radio ads anyway and just needed that trusted nudge to call.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8402204].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matt Lee
      Originally Posted by ronrule View Post

      Local talk radio.

      Seriously. Decision-makers are listening to it, and traditional media legitimizes Internet companies. It's something every business wants, but they don't want to feel like they're dealing with some guy working from his parents basement, and don't know how to trust if they just go to Google and search for it. But if you're advertising on the radio, you're a "real company" not just an "internet company". And you're probably the only one doing it. But reaching this audience is all in how the ad is worded - you need to be talking about how they could be using the Internet as a virtual salesman, working 24/7 to find them new customers, and how optimizing for search engines is a science that requires expertise, not a job for "the computer guy" or "the guy who made your website"..
      Couldn't be more right! I've been saying this for a long time. Talk about a platform to take your offline business to the next level. Radio will give you a ton of quality traffic in a short period of time. Try to connect with as many as you can. Offer some kind of "radio promo" and watch the projects come in.
      Signature
      "One of the Most Successful Offline WSO's Ever!
      Get More High $$$ Clients with this Small Business Marketing PLR Magazine
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stanton
    Thanks for all the advice. It is very helpful.

    Here is the site I have setup, www.gybfast.com and I get most of the current traffic through facebook (https://www.facebook.com/GrowYourBusinessFast). We are getting inquiries, but no takers yet, so any ideas here would be a great help as well!

    Rob
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8402292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oliver23
    Try local classifieds, you will get some clients
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8734826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsGolds
    Selling SEO services to your local online is time and money wasted
    Go to your local library that will have a list of mailing addresses for businesses you want to target

    Invest in copy, have them write series of letters you will send out

    Calling them is the best way. After all, with all the internet doing plenty of sales, most businesses still rely on the phone in person to actually engage in business with you.
    That is really the ultimate shortcut.
    If you can't do that, hire someone to do the phone sales for you. Easy.

    On your first approach don't ever sell for SEO, offer free consultation or rank them higher. They don't have to rank first but just enough to get them to trust your services and you're in for a long contract.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    I have used Facebook PPC, targeted only Small Business Owners in San Diego. Got some many leads, I turned it off. I have NO desire to become an Agency, cherry picking the good clients. I weed them out through a sales funnel. Good luck !!!!

    Do you want to see what my ad looked like? :-)
    Signature

    Learn to become Digital, Internet and Social Media Marketing Consultant to Business Owners
    Click here to learn more - Internet, Digital and Social Media Marketing Training Course

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8740108].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stanton
      Originally Posted by sdentrepreneur View Post

      I have used Facebook PPC, targeted only Small Business Owners in San Diego. Got some many leads, I turned it off. I have NO desire to become an Agency, cherry picking the good clients. I weed them out through a sales funnel. Good luck !!!!

      Do you want to see what my ad looked like? :-)
      I would love to see what your ad looked like....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8740124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fighter9mm
    I also Like James foster Advice, Thanks James
    Signature
    IMPROVE YOUR ONLINE PRESENCE NOW
    Get PROFESSIONAL SEO SERVICE from SEOSERVICESLAND.COM 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8746731].message }}

Trending Topics