There is a lot of call fatigue in this town so many business owners immediately shut down when you mention phones/internet/ etc. Below is my script. I want to hone it so I can cut through quickly and try to get them talking and finally to agree to meet with me.
OBJECTIVE:Get an appointment
* Please note this script is heavily influenced by Jason Kanigan. Thanks Jason
Hi. I’m not sure who the best person to talk to is – hopefully you can help me.
My name is xxxx and I’m from xxxx here in xxx. We help businesses by providing them with the best customer service and saving them money each month on their phone and internet. Can you point me to the best person?
- The owner isn’t in
No problems, when are they in next?
- I’m the right person
Great. Is now a bad time to talk?
I’m just calling to see if you’d be open to the idea of looking at some different ways to lower the cost of your phone service.
I know for a fact that 90% of businesses in xxx spend too much on their phone bills and don’t get great customer service when they need it. We can generally save a business up to 40% on their monthly call rates, and because we’re locally based in xxxx we’re here whenever you need to talk to someone. Does that interest you?
- No, we’re happy with the service we’re getting.
Ok, thank you for your time.
Ok, here’s what I think:
- Running a business is tough enough to be spending too much on your phone and internet bills
- To cut down on your bills and put money back in your pocket, you need someone local who can sit down and analyse your current set up and provide a solution that suits your business needs
- By having a tailored solution, at the very least you can make an educated choice about how much you want to spend each month. And let’s be honest, less is best.
Do you agree with that? (most people say yes)
Typically our customers are:
- Eager to reduce their bills but are too busy to sift through and compare through all the pricing info that’s out there
- They’re frustrated when things go wrong, only to wait forever on hold and talk to someone overseas
- They’re concerned that they’re throwing away good money
If you’re experiencing any of these, we should set a time to meet for 15-20 mins. I can review your set up and provide a tailored proposal.
What do you think?
What day suits you?
There’s only one important thing I need you to do. Can you have a recent phone bill for me at the meeting.
Ok, looking forward to meeting with you. See you on xxxx
If I get a 'not interested' up front, I don't really try to save the call with a rebuttal. I just thank them and move on so I can make the next call and find that one business owner that is interested. Good move or am I just excusing myself?
Where can the script be improved so I can reduce the amount of 'not interested' or 'we're happy with what we have' type of objections?
Thanks for any guidance you can provide.