Our agreement was that I would arrange hosting with my own hosting company. But just prior to completing the site, the client told me wants to host with Godaddy, as he's heard how great they are.
So, reluctantly, I moved everything to Godaddy and made the site live. Unfortunately, it was giving some errors in Internet Explorer. So I've switched the A record back to my cpanel hosting and it's working perfectly.
The client is now nagging me to move it back to Godaddy, and work with their support to fix the errors. I've told him I can't guarantee it will work on Godaddy, since I'm not familiar with their hosting.
I've even offered him a year's free hosting to leave it on my cpanel host, since the cost in terms of my time in messing around to get it working on Godaddy is worth more than a year's hosting.
But no joy so far. The client still has this final $1500 payment, which he won't release until I get his site moved and working on Godaddy.
However, I still hold the trump card because I can take his website offline until he pays me the final $1500.
This is what I'm very close to doing. So am I being unreasonable?