Please recommend a copywriter for my offline website

20 replies
I try to build a website introducing my offline marketing service. Please recommend a copywriter. thanks.
#copywriter #offline #recommend #website
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Williams
    You should probably check the copywriting sub-forum. Lots of skilled copywriters and nobody dare recommend themselves for fear of looking like they're just self promoting - so you'll get some good recommendations
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8626208].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eisensource
      Originally Posted by Kevin Williams View Post

      You should probably check the copywriting sub-forum. Lots of skilled copywriters and nobody dare recommend themselves for fear of looking like they're just self promoting - so you'll get some good recommendations
      Thanks for your reply.
      If I post on copywriting forum, everyone will saying they are good. It's hard for me to know which one is good.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8626232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
    What kind of services where you planning on promoting
    with your site?

    Also how were you planning on getting your prospects
    to your site?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8626259].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eisensource
      Thanks all of you valuable replies.

      Originally Posted by AndrewCavanagh View Post

      What kind of services where you planning on promoting
      with your site?

      Also how were you planning on getting your prospects
      to your site?
      Now I'm developing a Saas solution for Auto dealer to save their salesforce time using QR code. What I'm looking for is a good copywriter can understand the whole procedure and write the selling points for me. I'm not a native English speaker. I try to write by myself before but it fails.

      I will cold walking to sell this solution. This is pretty new solution. The best way I think is to talk real person. The website at this stage just provide some basic information of this solution.


      Matt Lee, jimbo13,Jason Kanigan, Rus Sells, jimbo13, your reply let me think I may go to odesk.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628067].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
        Originally Posted by eisensource View Post

        Thanks all of you valuable replies.



        Now I'm developing a Saas solution for Auto dealer to save their salesforce time using QR code. What I'm looking for is a good copywriter can understand the whole procedure and write the selling points for me. I'm not a native English speaker. I try to write by myself before but it fails.

        I will cold walking to sell this solution. This is pretty new solution. The best way I think is to talk real person. The website at this stage just provide some basic information of this solution.


        Matt Lee, jimbo13,Jason Kanigan, Rus Sells, jimbo13, your reply let me think I may go to odesk.
        Also, contact Warrior Aaron Doud as he is in the auto dealer industry.


        Dan
        Signature

        "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628288].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author eisensource
          Originally Posted by bizgrower View Post

          Also, contact Warrior Aaron Doud as he is in the auto dealer industry.


          Dan
          Thanks for your recommendation. I will try to contact him.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8642297].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
        Originally Posted by eisensource View Post


        Now I'm developing a Saas solution for Auto dealer to save their salesforce time using QR code.
        You won't find a copywriter to sell this.

        The better ones will turn it down because
        they know what you have is going to fail.

        Those that take your money are going to fail because
        the market won't buy it.

        I've just saved you all that money.

        QR codes are used very little by the public,
        as seen by this public poll...

        http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...-qr-codes.html

        Best,
        Ewen
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628467].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author eisensource
          Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

          You won't find a copywriter to sell this.

          The better ones will turn it down because
          they know what you have is going to fail.

          Those that take your money are going to fail because
          the market won't buy it.

          I've just saved you all that money.

          QR codes are used very little by the public,
          as seen by this public poll...

          http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...-qr-codes.html



          Best,
          Ewen
          I've seen this thread after decided to develop this solution based on QR code. I'm in vancouver. There are more and more ads put QR code on. Also this city has a lot of Asian, they will scan QR code.

          I will try to contact auto dealer. Thanks for your kindly reminder.

          BTW, I hired that copywriter. Let's see how things going.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8642304].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
            Originally Posted by eisensource View Post

            I've seen this thread after decided to develop this solution based on QR code. I'm in vancouver. There are more and more ads put QR code on. Also this city has a lot of Asian, they will scan QR code.

            I will try to contact auto dealer. Thanks for your kindly reminder.

            BTW, I hired that copywriter. Let's see how things going.
            I wish you the best.

            My money is on you won't be successful.

            Best,
            Ewen
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8642501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Lee
    Honestly, I'd check out the warriors for hire, or classified section if you're on a budget. I've found some exceptional writers I use for website content. But if you have the budget, the really good copywriters don't come cheap but worth every penny when done right.
    Signature
    "One of the Most Successful Offline WSO's Ever!
    Get More High $$$ Clients with this Small Business Marketing PLR Magazine
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8626371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    WFH and there is also a sticky thread in the Copywriting forum which is a directory of writers.

    Look for reviews. There are some people who talk big, but fizzled when I hired them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8626898].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
      I have to agree with Jason on this. I would not hire any copy writers from this forum, I've had nothing but dismal results with any I hired from here. Especially the ones who use the, I get paid 30k to write copy as their calling card.

      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      WFH and there is also a sticky thread in the Copywriting forum which is a directory of writers.

      Look for reviews. There are some people who talk big, but fizzled when I hired them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627332].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        You should have gone after the ones who use I get paid $40k to write copy as their calling card.

        Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

        I have to agree with Jason on this. I would not hire any copy writers from this forum, I've had nothing but dismal results with any I hired from here. Especially the ones who use the, I get paid 30k to write copy as their calling card.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8645279].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      There are some people who talk big, but fizzled when I hired them.
      Exactly.

      I can look up Copywriters near where I live and see straight away who they have written for, what they produced and phone up those customers and ask about what it was like to work with them with absolutely no problem at all.

      Yet many of the ones on this Forum think they are top notch and refuse to say who they have written for and what they wrote in case you steal the work or some such codswallop.

      Yet they claim it is in National Newspapers.

      Dan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashsocio
    There are good writers here on WF, in the Warriors for Hire section. I just left a good review for someone there who wrote a good lengthy article about jazz music, which is not an easy topic to write about. I have tried oDesk before and all the fuss is just a huge turn off....There's just too many things to take care of, whereas here, you interview or ask for samples, and you read their previous review, get the work done, and it's done. I think it's just a matter of getting the right person by asking the right questions.

    Don't go for the outsourcers, I'd say, that's where the quality goes down. The ones you interview speak great English, or write well, then they pass it down to someone else who does not understand what you need and just rehash what they find online. DISASTER!

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628109].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eisensource
      Originally Posted by cashsocio View Post

      There are good writers here on WF, in the Warriors for Hire section. I just left a good review for someone there who wrote a good lengthy article about jazz music, which is not an easy topic to write about. I have tried oDesk before and all the fuss is just a huge turn off....There's just too many things to take care of, whereas here, you interview or ask for samples, and you read their previous review, get the work done, and it's done. I think it's just a matter of getting the right person by asking the right questions.

      Don't go for the outsourcers, I'd say, that's where the quality goes down. The ones you interview speak great English, or write well, then they pass it down to someone else who does not understand what you need and just rehash what they find online. DISASTER!

      Good luck!
      I really appreciate your suggestion. I've sent a PM for this copywriter and hope everything can work out.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628156].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
      Originally Posted by cashsocio View Post

      There are good writers here on WF, in the Warriors for Hire section. I just left a good review for someone there who wrote a good lengthy article about jazz music, which is not an easy topic to write about. I have tried oDesk before and all the fuss is just a huge turn off....There's just too many things to take care of, whereas here, you interview or ask for samples, and you read their previous review, get the work done, and it's done. I think it's just a matter of getting the right person by asking the right questions.

      Don't go for the outsourcers, I'd say, that's where the quality goes down. The ones you interview speak great English, or write well, then they pass it down to someone else who does not understand what you need and just rehash what they find online. DISASTER!

      Good luck!
      Was this an ARTICLE or a SALES LETTER?

      Two completely different things.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628259].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Good writer and good copy writer are not the same.

      Originally Posted by cashsocio View Post

      There are good writers here on WF, in the Warriors for Hire section. I just left a good review for someone there who wrote a good lengthy article about jazz music, which is not an easy topic to write about. I have tried oDesk before and all the fuss is just a huge turn off....There's just too many things to take care of, whereas here, you interview or ask for samples, and you read their previous review, get the work done, and it's done. I think it's just a matter of getting the right person by asking the right questions.

      Don't go for the outsourcers, I'd say, that's where the quality goes down. The ones you interview speak great English, or write well, then they pass it down to someone else who does not understand what you need and just rehash what they find online. DISASTER!

      Good luck!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8645285].message }}
  • Why not NFC?

    Easier to use than QR codes, more and more phones can use them and it's not really that expensive to implement.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8642534].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oliverj87
      Originally Posted by DigitalCopyWriter View Post

      Why not NFC?

      Easier to use than QR codes, more and more phones can use them and it's not really that expensive to implement.
      They may be easier for people in the know, but for the general public even less know about it than those who know what QR codes are.

      Though in the not so distant future I believe NFC will be the bluray to QRs HD Drive.

      Jay
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8642665].message }}

Trending Topics