HOWEVER, this whole time with him I was treated like a fricken slave most of the time but paid even worse. I averaged like $8 an hour and worked like 50 hrs a week. He was a middle easterner and I was always having to deal with communication and culture issues. This guy had a short fuse and (now I've found out) tries to control just about everything/everyone he can. That's his business model it seems. The ups & downs with this guy/client just became too much for me and i know my kids and others got tired of me dealing with it. I finally just gave up and am trying to do my own thing by myself since I know I clearly have the skillset to do so even if my typing or grammar displays otherwise on this post. :-) I'm emotional!
But to prove my point and get this post along if you type "drain cleaning Houston" and your in the Houston, Texas area you get a page of results. Using Google's Incognito tool the results for "drain cleaning Houston" bring back 15 or so results. Excluding PPC my FORMER client has 5 of those spots. And that is just "drain cleaning Houston". There are other similar results and similar variations in and around the Houston area.Here are those 5 I mentioned and they are misspelled with underlines on purpose to reduce SERP power so former client doesn't see this post since this site picks up rankings fast per mojo1 advice. I have since removed urls out of future conflict since the discussion has given me advice. Trust me there are results.
#1 - Results
#2 - Results
#4 - Results
#9 - Results
#10 - Results
Having said that, 4 of the 5 are different companies have different phone numbers. All of them I did the work for regarding WordPress design and OnPage SEO. I also initiated methods of Off Page SEO like Fiverr and even kept track towards the end with SEMRush.com.
I will say my FORMER client was very hands on in certain areas and knowing that I always did my own thing and let him do his. He was always doing:
* Fiverr reviews, Google plus, Facebook likes, etc...
* Local business directroy registration
* Other items like using Google Plus Local and using fake names as I already mentioned
NOTE: In his defense sometimes it was necessary because competitors would leave bad reviews and it got nasty at times and he kinda was pushed towards a path of re-branding himself and business. Once he saw the results he and I kept at it. I never really liked it but the phone did ring.
Here is my PROBLEM I'M ASKING WARRIORS HELP WITH...
- How are the results so good? I only did OnPage SEO and he did Fiverr. Is it Domain Age or something I'm missing? Some of the sites are okay looking but some we're thrown together quickly.
- I hate to admit it but should I do the same for future clients?
- How to handle new clients when they ask how long or what works or what doesn't? I would love nothing more than to tell a client everything is white hat but I know for a FACT the results are otherwise.
- How to get new clients and use my portfolio if I even should?
- Now I'm not Matt Cutts or anything but in my opinion I deserve far more than $8 per hour. Warriros am I correct in assuming that?
I did create my own personal and business website that look more like who I am and want to be know for and have landed a good client in the CNC Machine Shop business but I had to get this off my chest. It has been needing to get out for weeks now.
I just want some overall feedback or guidance or dialouge from people who do what I do...