The Next Level of E-Mail Marketing Automation???

by TheBigBee 12 replies
So I have been marketing this widget that connects you to your internet leads in 20 seconds or less.

Late last year the folks I work with began to talk about a new feature. A feature that I would love to get you guys' feedback on.

MIT put out a study that shows the value of a lead literally plummets after 5 minutes. So, for those folks using e-mail marketing as a means to start the conversation - here's what we're looking at.

We are thinking of creating an app (probably on Salesforce at first) that will trigger an automatic call X minutes after your e-mail has been opened. As long as a phone number has been appended to that contact, then "X" minutes after the reader opens it, you would get a call that will say something like:

"Mary Jane opened your e-mail at 12:52 p.m. Subject line: Introduction. Press 1 to speak with Mary Jane."

I think the ability to see who opens your e-mail is great, for that to trigger an action would be greater.

Now just because I WANT this feature, doesn't mean you do. So my questions are; DOES THIS EXACT FEATURE EXIST??? If so, where? I can't find anything exactly like this yet.

My next question is, is automatically being able to get your e-mail opens on the phone something that you feel will boost your conversion rate?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
#offline marketing #automation #email #level #marketing
Avatar of Unregistered
  • essential with today's internet speeds and real time communications of the smartphone and tablet.

    I would love to sell with that feature!

    good luck!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833342].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mojo1
      This is not exactly what you're looking for but you might
      find it helpful for some part of your sales funnel process.

      http://localleadgenplugin.com/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833624].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheBigBee
        Originally Posted by mojo1 View Post

        This is not exactly what you're looking for but you might
        find it helpful for some part of your sales funnel process.

        http://localleadgenplugin.com/
        This post was of zero value and a complete waste of the 4 seconds I spent on the site. If there was a way to "un thank" this post I would. What does this have to do with marketing automation?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833688].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mojo1
          Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post

          This post was of zero value and a complete waste of the 4 seconds I spent on the site. If there was a way to "un thank" this post I would. What does this have to do with marketing automation?
          If you'd spent more than 4 seconds on the site you would have seen the automation the plugin provided in the form of an instant text message sent automatically to your cell phone once your customized landing sales offer page was visited. As I said, it might prove helpful for some part of your process and oh well, if it didn't someone else might find it useful. That's kind of how this here forum works.

          Me thinks you're just in a bad mood and upset because no one wants to buy your overpriced $197 wso?

          Calm your nostril holes fella. Do and Bee different this year.

          http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...ml#post8768973
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833761].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author TheBigBee
            Originally Posted by mojo1 View Post

            If you'd spent more than 4 seconds on the site you would have seen the automation the plugin provided in the form of an instant text message sent automatically to your cell phone once your customized landing sales offer page was visited. As I said, it might prove helpful for some part of your process and oh well, if it didn't someone else might find it useful. That's kind of how this here forum works.

            Me thinks you're just in a bad mood and upset because no one wants to buy your overpriced $197 wso?

            Calm your nostril holes fella. Do and Bee different this year.

            http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...ml#post8768973
            I see no correlation between a text being sent upon visit, vs. an e-mail open triggering a phone call. This is a "novelty" offering that doesn't solve any real problem.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Lead Kahuna (not an affiliate link) sends you an email when your prospect opens your email to them.

    I don't see why you couldn't hook it up to google voice or skype with some programming.

    EDIT: Shoot, just clicked the link and see that it's undergoing reconstruction. I've been using this software with a partner and I like it. So it is a proven solution. LK is also a scraper, email sender and CRM.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833700].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833838].message }}
  • make your money in a easy and secured way friends
    Home base Internet Job - Earn 10$ for every 30 second Task. TasknJob.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    Cool idea. Might be a market for that feature but there are a lot of other tools and apps that kind of do something similar, except they don't call you. I use Signals from HubSpot, pretty awesome app I have integrated into outlook, can see who clicks a link, who opens, when they open, how many times they've opened, where they were when they opened it, what they were using, etc.

    I think the problem I struggle with understanding the point of this... I would assume you had some kind of contact with the lead or else they wouldn't be a lead, you wouldn't have their email, you wouldn't have sent an email, etc. So how do they get your email? Is it an autoresponder? Is there really a need for you to call that quickly?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833879].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheBigBee
      Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

      Cool idea. Might be a market for that feature but there are a lot of other tools and apps that kind of do something similar, except they don't call you. I use Signals from HubSpot, pretty awesome app I have integrated into outlook, can see who clicks a link, who opens, when they open, how many times they've opened, where they were when they opened it, what they were using, etc.

      I think the problem I struggle with understanding the point of this... I would assume you had some kind of contact with the lead or else they wouldn't be a lead, you wouldn't have their email, you wouldn't have sent an email, etc. So how do they get your email? Is it an autoresponder? Is there really a need for you to call that quickly?
      Great questions. I was thinking of a specific use case for a specific business type.

      There are customer lists that are passed around and recycled. Guys will grab these lists and get to e-mail blasting for this particular B2B service.

      The competition in this particular field is fierce, and while things like the Gmail add on that allows you to track opens is useful, being able to get that lead on the phone adds value because the target market is comprised of folks who shop around pretty heavily.

      I haven't given this years of thought, but I also see a use case where you start your sales process with a phone call, followed by a cold e-mail, followed by an automated call triggered from when that e-mail was open.

      For example, if you normally call a guy a day after he opens your e-mail, that process can be automated so that you don't "have to remember."

      Anyway, this is in the brain fart stages and piercing questions like this help.

      This might well be a "one niche pony!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833890].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NewParadigm
    I'm continually running into a vast number of businesses that never reply to a web inquiry on their own site by a customer/prospect. These same people wonder how/why they aren't getting more business.
    Signature

    In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing. ~ Theodore Roosevelt "Trust, BUT VERIFY" ~ Ronald Reagan

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8836340].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SomeRandomBadger
      Have you checked out whether Infusionsoft can do this via one of their third party add-ons? There's an almost endless number of features that have been created by their development community for marketing automation - decent chance of finding something there I think.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8837400].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics