How to set up PPC campaign for local company.

by ginnysclub1 5 replies
The MD of local company has asked me to set up a PPC campaign for his home improvement company.

How should I go about doing this?
Are there any essential resources I should use and/or read, etc.
Or, should I simply help him to contract an expert!
#offline marketing #campaign #company #local #ppc #set
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Nguyen
    If you've no idea then, next time you take on work, position yourself as the person that has a team to "get things done". Or you will get called out one day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8834450].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matt Lee
      Originally Posted by Michael Nguyen View Post

      If you've no idea then, next time you take on work, position yourself as the person that has a team to "get things done". Or you will get called out one day.
      Couldn't agree with this more! But you should also have some kind of an idea on what your selling before you offer to take on these type of projects.
      Signature
      "One of the Most Successful Offline WSO's Ever!
      Get More High $$$ Clients with this Small Business Marketing PLR Magazine
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8840838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maverick8
    adwords is like chess takes about 30min learn, but a lifetime to master properly.

    If you have not had any experience with adwords before i would be getting some else to do it.

    Should be a pretty easy answer for yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8834461].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Peter Lessard
      Originally Posted by maverick8 View Post

      adwords is like chess takes about 30min learn, but a lifetime to master properly.
      I am so stealing that line! :-)

      It is a competitive niche and there is much more to consider than just setting up the PPC. Who will monitor conversions? Split test offers? Build landing pages? You can easily dump a fortune in PPC and get no sales or if done properly it can make a business the dominant company in their niche.

      Every single day I speak to business owners that say ppc does not work, facebook does not work etc.. all because they think they tried it. Its like saying your formula 1 racing car is no good if you hire a blind driver lol
      Signature
      20% Commissions For Referrals.
      Marketing Solutions For SME's to Fortune 500's since 2001 PeterLessard.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8840292].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author maverick8
        Originally Posted by plessard View Post

        I am so stealing that line! :-)

        It is a competitive niche and there is much more to consider than just setting up the PPC. Who will monitor conversions? Split test offers? Build landing pages? You can easily dump a fortune in PPC and get no sales or if done properly it can make a business the dominant company in their niche.

        Every single day I speak to business owners that say ppc does not work, facebook does not work etc.. all because they think they tried it. Its like saying your formula 1 racing car is no good if you hire a blind driver lol
        Ah i finally see another person who treats PPC the same way. Often business owners have had bad results with PPC because of what you have stated. Though if they have had a decent crack at it with good tactics and strategies. Then i am with perry marshall when he says its not PPC not working it is that your business is flawed.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8840785].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics