Warrior 2014 Event - Early Bird Tickets Are Out - Who's Going?

44 replies
Got my early bird ticket for Raleigh, March 22-23!

Last time I had a nice dinner with Claude, met Brian McLeod, Kevin O'Connor and a bunch of other fine people. The speakers, particularly Don Wilson and Omar Martin, were great, but the real awesomeness was from the networking.

Brian and Sam are saying this is the last event they're organizing, so make it if you can! Hotel room is only about $80 all-in as well.
#2014 #bird #early #event #tickets #warrior
  • Profile picture of the author haroon85
    never knew they had warrior events, i should definitely be able to make it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8854576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

    Got my early bird ticket for Raleigh, March 22-23!

    Last time I had a nice dinner with Claude, met Brian McLeod, Kevin O'Connor and a bunch of other fine people. The speakers, particularly Don Wilson and Omar Martin, were great, but the real awesomeness was from the networking.

    Brian and Sam are saying this is the last event they're organizing, so make it if you can! Hotel room is only about $80 all-in as well.

    Jason; Do you have a link to find out more?
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

    What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8855707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    They didn't give a whole lot of time this year to schedule it in our personal schedules. Think for that reason I am out. I was a bit shocked when I first saw it a bit ago and noticed it was in March.

    Now if it was closer and I could just drive I could likely rearrange my schedule and make it happen but with this I am looking at 4 days when you include the transport days. We need some events here in the midwest.

    Hell come to the Quad Cities. Both me and Shoemoney are from Moline, IL so you know there must be something in the water.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8855797].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
      Originally Posted by Aaron Doud View Post

      They didn't give a whole lot of time this year to schedule it in our personal schedules. Think for that reason I am out. I was a bit shocked when I first saw it a bit ago and noticed it was in March.

      Now if it was closer and I could just drive I could likely rearrange my schedule and make it happen but with this I am looking at 4 days when you include the transport days. We need some events here in the midwest.

      Hell come to the Quad Cities. Both me and Shoemoney are from Moline, IL so you know there must be something in the water.
      70 days notice is too little time?

      Guess our meetup will have to wait until my Bucket List steak in Chicago...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8856182].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
        Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

        70 days notice is too little time?

        Guess our meetup will have to wait until my Bucket List steak in Chicago...
        Yeah most national events give 6 months to a year (some even more). 70 days was shockingly little for a national event. Many local and regional events have a smaller time frame but normally for national events it is longer. Hell many hotels drop unclaimed held rooms 2 to 3 months before events.

        I mean I understand the demographics and that their potential customers likely would be able to redirect their schedules. Also the weekend dating opens it up to many people regionally easily.

        So it's not bad just shocked me a bit as I am used to longer lead times. The price is very affordable so if it wasn't for the travel time I still think I would be in. I even checked flights but I can't make it 2+ day event because while I can fly out of Moline on Friday evening (make Friday a half day) I can't get a flight out of that area Sunday evening.

        I might look into it more since the cost if so low. Just wish we had known about it a few months ago.

        Any info on who all is presenting and who else is attending? The page is kinda bare.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8856250].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
        Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

        70 days notice is too little time?

        Guess our meetup will have to wait until my Bucket List steak in Chicago...
        I've never known of a seminar to not plan at least 9 months ahead. 70 days is WAAAAAY too little time. I've always felt that they give too little notice for events, not that it matters to me personally because I likely would never go anyway.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8856335].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          I may go. To tell you the truth, the only reason I would go it to talk to several people I want to meet, that are here.

          It's a cheap flight, a cheap room, and the speakers are interesting.

          Internet marketing is frankly, not my niche. But if a few interesting people are going, I'll probably go too. And yes, Jason, you're one of the interesting ones.
          Signature
          One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

          What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8856415].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            I may go. To tell you the truth, the only reason I would go it to talk to several people I want to meet, that are here.

            It's a cheap flight, a cheap room, and the speakers are interesting.

            Internet marketing is frankly, not my niche. But if a few interesting people are going, I'll probably go too. And yes, Jason, you're one of the interesting ones.
            You pretty much summed up the reason I would consider it as well. I could do the whole weekend for under $1,000 easily. Be a nice way to meet a few people. If it was in the summer I might make a week of it and drive both ways. Could hit the dragon and a few other roads on the way there and back.

            Would be nice to hang out with people like yourself and Jason who I have spoken with multiple times but never in person.

            The event itself is more of a networking and get together event in my mind.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8856433].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

          I've never known of a seminar to not plan at least 9 months ahead. 70 days is WAAAAAY too little time. I've always felt that they give too little notice for events, not that it matters to me personally because I likely would never go anyway.
          I understand. But the events that are a year out are generally going to have a 58 step direct mail program to sell tickets, plus telemarketers, plus levels of attendance. The 9 months or so isn't because it takes that long for people to plan. It's sold that far in advance for a couple of reasons;

          1) Advance ticket sales finance the event, and finance the marketing cost for further mailings.
          2) It takes 9 months to send 58 steps in a mailing. (I made the 58 up, but it isn't far off).
          3) A commitment that far ahead, locks in preferential hotel rates.

          It's a marketing decision, not a "the attendees need more time to make plans" decision.

          So, who else here is going?
          Signature
          One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

          What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8859595].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            I understand. But the events that are a year out are generally going to have a 58 step direct mail program to sell tickets, plus telemarketers, plus levels of attendance. The 9 months or so isn't because it takes that long for people to plan. It's sold that far in advance for a couple of reasons;

            1) Advance ticket sales finance the event, and finance the marketing cost for further mailings.
            2) It takes 9 months to send 58 steps in a mailing. (I made the 58 up, but it isn't far off).
            3) A commitment that far ahead, locks in preferential hotel rates.

            It's a marketing decision, not a "the attendees need more time to make plans" decision.

            So, who else here is going?
            I disagree... I worked for a company that puts on 60+ shows a year. Free admission, money is made by booth sales and corporate sponsorships which only take a week or two to close. Then again, this is a company that doesn't have just a few hundred seats, more like a few hundred booths with 10-20k in attendance at every event.

            Look at the inbound conference. Dates announced basically a year ahead of time so people can plan, tickets aren't even available yet.

            Guess it depends on the type of event, but the majority are not financed by advance ticket sales, and they don't need that much time to sell out.

            I thought the warrior event would have been bigger than just a couple hundred... I guess that's where my lack of understanding is. That's a seminar size..or a small breakout session at an event lol, when I think of events I'm thinking a few thousand minimum.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8861287].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
              Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

              I thought the warrior event would have been bigger than just a couple hundred... I guess that's where my lack of understanding is. That's a seminar size..or a small breakout session at an event lol, when I think of events I'm thinking a few thousand minimum.
              TEACHABLE WF MOMENT:

              Never let your own lack of understanding get in the way of an opportunity to grandstand.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8866305].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jeff Hampton
          Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

          I've never known of a seminar to not plan at least 9 months ahead.
          9 months in advance? That's WAAYYYYYAAYYY too little time. When I was on the International Olympic Committee...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8864838].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
            Originally Posted by Jeff Hampton View Post

            9 months in advance? That's WAAYYYYYAAYYY too little time. When I was on the International Olympic Committee...
            LOL

            See ya (again) in Raleigh, Jeff.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8866281].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
      Originally Posted by Aaron Doud View Post

      We need some events here in the midwest.
      Hey stop jumping the queue here,
      Auckland's next!

      Best,
      Ewen
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8856483].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
        Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

        Hey stop jumping the queue here,
        Auckland's next!

        Best,
        Ewen
        I don't have a bloody passport though LOL

        But I would love an excuse to head over there.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8856485].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
          Originally Posted by Aaron Doud View Post

          I don't have a bloody passport though LOL

          But I would love an excuse to head over there.
          Would be a great excuse to escape that bone chilling cold,
          would it not?

          Best,
          Ewen
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8856499].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DennisM
      Originally Posted by Aaron Doud View Post

      They didn't give a whole lot of time this year to schedule it in our personal schedules. Think for that reason I am out. I was a bit shocked when I first saw it a bit ago and noticed it was in March.

      Now if it was closer and I could just drive I could likely rearrange my schedule and make it happen but with this I am looking at 4 days when you include the transport days. We need some events here in the midwest.

      Hell come to the Quad Cities. Both me and Shoemoney are from Moline, IL so you know there must be something in the water.
      Have the event here in Chicago, IL. It's only the 3rd largest city in the USA with over 9 million people in northern IL alone. Also, being centrally located in the US people wouldn't get killed on airfare from say LA.

      Aaron is right, really not much as far as IM events here in the midwest let alone even Chicago. Really ashame.

      Aaron, you game in organizing an event here? LOL
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8888622].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
        Originally Posted by DennisM View Post

        Have the event here in Chicago, IL. It's only the 3rd largest city in the USA with over 9 million people in northern IL alone. Also, being centrally located in the US people wouldn't get killed on airfare from say LA.

        Aaron is right, really not much as far as IM events here in the midwest let alone even Chicago. Really ashame.

        Aaron, you game in organizing an event here? LOL
        It's because of the cubs.

        Really though, Chicago is a great place for events... Social media summit, Conversion Conference, a web design event, DMA will be there.. Clickz. There's a lot of events in Chicago this year for marketing. I'm down for any event in Chicago... 45 minute flight from St. Louis.

        Such an awesome city too... whenever I'm there, I never want to go back home.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8888667].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
          Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

          Really though, Chicago is a great place for events... Social media summit, Conversion Conference, a web design event, DMA will be there.. Clickz. There's a lot of events in Chicago this year for marketing. I'm down for any event in Chicago... 45 minute flight from St. Louis.

          Such an awesome city too... whenever I'm there, I never want to go back home.
          On this we firmly agree... Chicago is a FANTASTIC city for events/conferences.

          In a former life, I did a TON of trade shows at McCormick Place (and the attached Hyatt).

          I love Chicago... Carson's Ribs... Mmmm.

          Only caveat is weather - it's GOTTA be after April or thin-skinned Floridians and others from milder climates freeze to death. You don't want that on your conscience.

          "I'm DYING to go to this event!" - Don't worry, you will...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
    Thanks for the mention, Jason - look forward to seeing you in person again (you too, Claude, if you can swing it!) We'd love to have you if you can make it work, Aaron.

    I have to admit the conversation around lead time makes me chuckle a little bit, though.

    This wil be our FIFTH Warrior Event... and the seventh Warrior Event in total. We've got a very firm handle on exactly how much lead time is needed to fill the event.

    There's only a couple hundred seats, gang. The hotel only has 180 rooms.

    Most people will be paying between $197-$297 depending on how early they grab their tickets.

    Who needs 9 MONTHS to sell out a couple hundred seats for THIS event at THAT price? Seriously.

    Previous attendees alone will make up roughly half the audience.

    This is a seminar/networking event/high-school reunion mashed up into a decadently fun weekend - fun being the operative word. We literally take over the entire hotel.

    Most folks start arriving during the week before, some on Wed., many on Thursday. Friday is the biggest arrival day for sure. The event itself is on Sat. and Sunday. Then, most folks split town on Monday or Tuesday.

    If that sounds like your kinda thing - join us.

    If not, no problem. T&C and Underground are both just around the corner. Perry, Ryan and Yanik have surely each invested the requisite number of pre-planning months necessary to secure your attendance.

    Affiliate Summit West is coming up too.

    Those are very different events... impressive to be sure, masterfully produced, and there will be thousands of people there.

    You're sure to know virtually no one. Awesome. Perfect for every cranky introvert with a superiority complex.

    I get that not everyone can just take time away from their business to travel during the week - but that's one of the things we're trying to help you BE ABLE TO DO in the future.

    All the details of who's speaking/sponsoring/involved will be forthcoming shortly when the full offer goes public. At this point, we're simply giving previous attendees and folks who have already made the decision to come a headstart and hefty discount.

    Offliners from this section are absolutely encouraged to create your own meet-up or mastermind during the event - we'll help you pull that together however we can.

    Best,

    Brian McLeod
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8858184].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bad golfer
    Signature
    Marketing is not a battle of products. It is a battle of perceptions.
    - Jack Trout
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8866436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Most of the people last year were IMers not Offliners anyway...I guess I should have posted this in the main forum, but I wanted to find out if anyone else I knew was coming. Guess not.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8866922].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      Most of the people last year were IMers not Offliners anyway...I guess I should have posted this in the main forum, but I wanted to find out if anyone else I knew was coming. Guess not.
      I think posting it here is a good thing since it doesn't get a lot of us.

      Also the niches we are each used to will influence how we view the lead time. Can't believe my comment on time frame took over the discussion.

      Like I said earlier I don't have a problem with the less then 90 day out thing. It makes sense for the target market.

      For some like me it is a bit short but I'm used to even my Corvette club giving us 6 months plus for weekend drive outs. They have to do that so those who want to go who would be working can request it off. Also by planning out so far the hotel(s) have enough space plus are willing to discount more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8867662].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kemdev
        I've been thinking of going - would be my first "IM" event or seminar. I'm wondering if the information or speakers would relate to the offline business as we know it... Or if it's catered to the "IM" circle-jerk product type crowd. Anyone who's been to the event in the past have any experiences to share?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8867774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    Update:

    I am a strong maybe to be in. Waiting to see if a few others are in before I say 100% sure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877190].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Aaron Doud View Post

      Update:

      I am a strong maybe to be in. Waiting to see if a few others are in before I say 100% sure.
      I'm going if Aaron and TallTom are going.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877219].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        I'm going if Aaron and TallTom are going.
        I'm going if you pick me up on the way.

        Best,
        Ewen
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877453].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
          Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

          I'm going if you pick me up on the way.

          Best,
          Ewen
          This is the forum where I don't have a "Naked Tardis" icon, right?

          Guess I can't just hope over in my tardis now, sorry.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877838].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
          Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

          I'm going if you pick me up on the way.

          Best,
          Ewen
          How I wish you really WERE coming, Ewen.

          I know it's not possible, but doesn't stop me from wishing it were.

          And looking forward to seeing the rest of the good folks here signed up so far.

          There's some great restaurants in/around the Mall basically across the street from the event for your get together.

          The hotel restaurant/bar will be jammin', but fun, too.

          Best,

          Brian
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8884391].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    I just signed up earlier today so I am in. As are Claude, Tom, and Ron from speaking with them.

    We need to plan an offliners dinner get together on Friday night.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8884360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    I'll let you sleep in my tub in the bathroom of my room lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8884441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimDucharme
    I've been to three WFL events and they were all great times (from what I can remember ). It's unfortunate that this year, with my new gig, I won't likely be able to attend, but heck, you never know...things could change last minute.

    Regards,
    jim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8927574].message }}
  • I should be out there

    Guillermo Mata -
    Signature
    WebDevelopmentGroup NYC & CA- Small Business Web Development, App Development, WordPress Development, Graphic Designs, Online Marketing, Local Marketing & more!. "Call us 1.800.219.1314 or message us!". Visit us today! "Now On Live Chat Mon-Fri.". www.WebDevelopmentGroup.org
    (Whitelable our Services)
    ===================================
    ==> #1 OFFLINE MARKETING FORUM ON THE WEB! <==
    www.OFFLINEMARKETINGFORUM.com
    (Register Now)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8929582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jacktackett
    Rumor has it I'll be there....
    Signature
    Let's get Tim the kidney he needs!HELP Tim
    Mega Monster WSO for KimW http://ow.ly/4JdHm


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8931721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
      Originally Posted by jacktackett View Post

      Rumor has it I'll be there....
      Don't let ole Jack Tackett here fool you with his modesty...

      After Eric Louviere created and hosted the first Warrior Event in 2008 in Austin, Jack took up the reins.

      Jack hosted the 2nd Annual Warrior Event in 2009, which brought the event to Raleigh, where it's now taken place 4 out of the 5 times Sam and I have hosted it.

      Only because Jack got busy with a big contract and elected not to do one in 2010 did Sam and I step in to fill the void.

      So, in other words, you COULD say it's ALL JACK'S FAULT.



      Jack always steps up to coordinate our volunteer crew and help everybody get checked in and get their swag.

      Appreciate you immensely, Jackus Tackus.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8932435].message }}

Trending Topics