I want to start doing online prescence management for local businesses.
I will go to local businesses and offer my services in the form of an "online and social media package", i.e. Facebook page, listing on Google maps, register on Foursquare add to Hostel World/Trip Advisor...for round £50.
Now for the questions:-
1) I want to contact local businesses, shops etc, in person not over the phone or via email. Can anyone suggest a simple script I can say in every shop/business to see if they're interested in the service? I was thinking of something along these lines, how does this sound?....
"Hi, very quickly, does your business have any online prescence? Do you have a Facebook page? Are you listed on Google maps, local, yepl etc? (Hopefully they say they aren't). I'm offering a service to local businesses where I will give you an online prescence. I will list you on Facebook, Google, Yelp, etc. Doing this will give you an online presence so people can find you online, so you can get more customers. I'm offerering this for just £50, and I can have you set up within 3 to 5 days. Are you interested?"
2) I said I would make a Facebook page, listing on Google maps, register on Foursquare add to Hostel World/Trip Advisor. Is there anywhere else I should list them? Perhaps I should add them on Google Local, Yelp.com, yellow pages, EZLocal, etc? Can you tell me the best places to list them to get them a decent online prescence? Please bear in mind I'm in the UK, so where I list them has to be relevant to the UK.
3) Is my pricing ok, or should I charge more or less?
4) Do I get payment upfront, and if so by which method is best and would I need to provide them a receipt there and then? What if a client is not willing to pay upfront?
5) Should I try upselling them a website in addition to this? What other services could I potentially upsell them?
6) Do I need to take pictures/record a video of their business before I list them online?
7) Although I say I can get them listed within 3 to 5 days, how long would it take for Google to list them so people can find them by searching? I assume this would take weeks or months as it takes a while for search engines to list links I guess?
Thanks in advance for your help, and if there's any other advice you think would be useful just let me know.