What Approach For Generating Real Estate Leads (Home Sellers)? - Just Landed A Client

26 replies
Hi guys,

I hope everyone is doing great!

Just landed a client for real estate lead generation and I am going to be generating leads who are interested in selling their home.

I have not yet decided the exact process I want to go with to convert people into leads. I will be using Facebook to drive targeted traffic, but beyond that, the sales funnel and process, lead magnet, emails, etc have not yet been decided on.

I guess I am looking for others who are currently generating leads for real estate agents, who are able to share some ideas and concepts with me. I am confident I will be able to generate quality leads, but if I can cut the learning curve by going with a tried and tested process / idea, why not?!

Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Big shout out to James Farren who has helped me big time in closing my 1st client!
#approach #client #estate #generating #home #landed #leads #real #sellers
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Why don't you outsource it to James (that's s62731, right?) if he'll permit it?

    I don't undersrtand how you land a job when you don't know how to fulfill it. Seriously. Should I be approaching companies to help them with their sales training if I don't know anything about sales training? Should I get copywriting clients if I don't actually know how to write converting copy? Should I push for operations improvement projects if I don't know an operations improvement methodology?

    It baffles the mind.

    And then, some simple searching would help you. You didn't even have to look far or use the search tool--just look a little down the page!!

    http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...u-getting.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9234732].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wealthyclark
      Just as Jason said, the best thing that I can think of is to outsource the task (IMHO). Not trying to put you down or anything but it seems that you aren't qualified for the job.

      Wising you much success,
      WealthyClark
      Signature
      Now Accepting All Countries! Earn $5.10 Per Free Referral, Totally Free To Participate!
      WealthyClark.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9235630].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
        Originally Posted by Wealthyclark View Post

        Just as Jason said, the best thing that I can think of is to outsource the task (IMHO). Not trying to put you down or anything but it seems that you aren't qualified for the job.

        Wising you much success,
        WealthyClark
        Thank you for your post. I am qualified for the job.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236030].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      Why don't you outsource it to James (that's s62731, right?) if he'll permit it?

      I don't undersrtand how you land a job when you don't know how to fulfill it. Seriously. Should I be approaching companies to help them with their sales training if I don't know anything about sales training? Should I get copywriting clients if I don't actually know how to write converting copy? Should I push for operations improvement projects if I don't know an operations improvement methodology?

      It baffles the mind.

      And then, some simple searching would help you. You didn't even have to look far or use the search tool--just look a little down the page!!

      http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...u-getting.html
      You know what baffles my mind, Jason?

      The fact that you completely jump the gun on this one and make some pretty big unfounded assumptions.

      I came here asking to speak with others who are generating real estate leads. I thought I was pretty clear on that?

      Let me address your concerns:

      1. Yes, James is 's62731' and he certainly hasn't been working with me (and a small group of others) so that we can learn how to 'outsource' work to him. The guys is making a killing and sure as hell isn't going to be interested in a couple grand a month.

      2. "And then, some simple searching would help you. You didn't even have to look far or use the search tool--just look a little down the page!!"

      This one is a little funny. As it turns out, I HAVE looked at that page. In fact, I have actually left a response there around 5 days ago.

      Hmm.

      3. "I don't undersrtand how you land a job when you don't know how to fulfill it."

      Again, thanks for your input - but had you bothered to read my post in full, you would have noticed that I said:

      "I am confident I will be able to generate quality leads, but if I can cut the learning curve by going with a tried and tested process / idea, why not?!"

      So there isn't a concern about fulfillment. This thread is about cutting the learning curve and getting to a working campaign that generates a great ROI as quickly as possible.

      Jason, I appreciate your help, posts, videos etc that you post on this forum. I have nothing against you, but I absolutely couldn't let your post get in the way of a (hopefully) constructive thread / discussion.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236027].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
        Originally Posted by krzysiek View Post

        You know what baffles my mind, Jason?

        The fact that you completely jump the gun on this one and make some pretty big unfounded assumptions.

        I came here asking to speak with others who are generating real estate leads. I thought I was pretty clear on that?

        Let me address your concerns:

        1. Yes, James is 's62731' and he certainly hasn't been working with me (and a small group of others) so that we can learn how to 'outsource' work to him. The guys is making a killing and sure as hell isn't going to be interested in a couple grand a month.

        2. "And then, some simple searching would help you. You didn't even have to look far or use the search tool--just look a little down the page!!"

        This one is a little funny. As it turns out, I HAVE looked at that page. In fact, I have actually left a response there around 5 days ago.

        Hmm.

        3. "I don't undersrtand how you land a job when you don't know how to fulfill it."

        Again, thanks for your input - but had you bothered to read my post in full, you would have noticed that I said:

        "I am confident I will be able to generate quality leads, but if I can cut the learning curve by going with a tried and tested process / idea, why not?!"

        So there isn't a concern about fulfillment. This thread is about cutting the learning curve and getting to a working campaign that generates a great ROI as quickly as possible.

        Jason, I appreciate your help, posts, videos etc that you post on this forum. I have nothing against you, but I absolutely couldn't let your post get in the way of a (hopefully) constructive thread / discussion.
        I did read your post in full.

        Great that you already saw that thread I linked to.

        If you wanna look at this one

        http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...ml#post5159034

        you'll see that oh back in 2011 I helped James with his sales process back when he was getting started.

        Anyhow, that's why I said "if he'd permit it". Because maybe it's his thing now, maybe it's not. He came back after a long absense with some new thing about leadgen. And then hasn't been around since. Which means he's busy makin' money heh heh.

        Unfortunately, I didn't and still don't see any facts about how you're going to do the work. All I see is "I'm confident I can". That's it. You may know how to do it, but you haven't demonstrated that here. That's my take on it, no offense.

        "I have not yet decided the exact process I want to go with to convert people into leads." If you saw this line without knowing much about the person who wrote it, what would you think about their ability to fulfill the work?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236229].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
          Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

          I did read your post in full.

          Great that you already saw that thread I linked to.

          If you wanna look at this one

          http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...ml#post5159034

          you'll see that oh back in 2011 I helped James with his sales process back when he was getting started.

          Anyhow, that's why I said "if he'd permit it". Because maybe it's his thing now, maybe it's not. He came back after a long absense with some new thing about leadgen. And then hasn't been around since. Which means he's busy makin' money heh heh.

          Unfortunately, I didn't and still don't see any facts about how you're going to do the work. All I see is "I'm confident I can". That's it. You may know how to do it, but you haven't demonstrated that here. That's my take on it, no offense.
          Jason, wouldn't it be best if we just let the thread get back on topic?

          I mean, it would have been great if you had just admitted to having made some big assumptions and left it at that. It's no big deal, right? Sometimes we all make the wrong call or jump the gun.

          I really don't know why you're going back years, to a thread, which for the most part is completely irrelevant to this discussion, to talk about how you helped James.

          It also seems like you're now asking for me to "demonstrate" my ability to generate leads.

          I am genuinely confused how we even got to this.

          Anyway, Jason, I apologise if my first post was not clear. I hope I have cleared it up now

          In either case, all I am asking for is a discussion about generating real estate leads. Preferably people who have experience with the industry and have generated leads via paid traffic.

          If I can clarify this any further for anyone, please let me know and I will do so.

          Thank you
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236246].message }}
  • I do agree with Jason about this. Do not offer a service unless you are more than prepared to get yourself. It is great though that you did land a client, so good on you. Check out that thread Jason gave. Filled with golden nuggets that many people don't know. Heck, even I learned a thing or two.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ADukes81
    Check out a company called Home Value Leads, although I am not sure if they offer services in Australia. That with FB ads and a really good follow up system and your client will name their first born after you It can be extremely effective for seller leads.
    Signature
    How I Generated 130+ Leads On LinkedIn...In 48 Hours
    CLICK HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236445].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
      Was meaning to check them out, had them noted down as a possible resource! Have you had a chance to use them personally?

      Not sure if they offer services in Australia, but I am sure I could model after it either way.

      Do you do RE lead gen as well, or is that site just something you were aware of?

      Thank you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236507].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author zoro
      Originally Posted by ADukes81 View Post

      Check out a company called Home Value Leads, although I am not sure if they offer services in Australia. That with FB ads and a really good follow up system and your client will name their first born after you It can be extremely effective for seller leads.
      How does Home Value Leads benefit me in selling leads to my client.? I did check the website but I as I would be the middle man, I can't quite get my head around it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236516].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
        Originally Posted by zoro View Post

        How does Home Value Leads benefit me in selling leads to my client.? I did check the website but I as I would be the middle man, I can't quite get my head around it.
        I haven't signed up for the free trial (I recommend you do to see how it actually works). I feel even in a worst case scenario, there will be information there that you can learn from and incorporate into your existing landers/emails/ads.

        They say they have optimised their pages for maximum conversions, so it should be worthwhile, even if it's just to get some ideas. I will definitely be signing up to see how they are doing things.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236561].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ADukes81
        Originally Posted by zoro View Post

        How does Home Value Leads benefit me in selling leads to my client.? I did check the website but I as I would be the middle man, I can't quite get my head around it.
        Home Value Leads is a piece to the overall puzzle. You're selling your clients results or you should be, at least. They want qualified leads, you deliver them.

        When you sell a website to a client...do you build/design it? Or do you outsource it? If you outsource it (you should be), you're a "middle man", right?

        Do you do the link building for SEO clients? No, you outsource it, aka the "middle man".

        Just about any service you sell, you'll most likely be the middle man. If you want to grow your business that is. You can charge a lot more money if you sell a strategy/system, than just a service. Also, you're very hard to replace when selling a system (if you're delivering what you promised).

        It's the targeting, ad copy, ad image, landing page copy/image/color, follow up sequence that delivers the quality of the lead. This is where YOUR value/expertise comes in.
        Signature
        How I Generated 130+ Leads On LinkedIn...In 48 Hours
        CLICK HERE
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9241544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coloma21
    haha oh man.. if you've never generated leads on your own yet... don't expect it will be a cake walk lolol ... just because the process seems simple, doesn't mean that you'll understand the subtlety and details behind the entire process that only experience people know... Think of it like basketball... sure it seems simple, but thinking you'll be in the NBA in your first run is a joke. Good luck, you'll realize what im talking about soon enough haha.. but we've all been there, better to learn now then never.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9236633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
      Originally Posted by coloma21 View Post

      haha oh man.. if you've never generated leads on your own yet... don't expect it will be a cake walk lolol ... just because the process seems simple, doesn't mean that you'll understand the subtlety and details behind the entire process that only experience people know... Think of it like basketball... sure it seems simple, but thinking you'll be in the NBA in your first run is a joke. Good luck, you'll realize what im talking about soon enough haha.. but we've all been there, better to learn now then never.
      Appreciate the reply. I know how to generate leads. I'm generating them for myself, this is how I have closed this client. So I am not completely new to it (obviously still have a lot to learn, as that process never ends).

      Thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9237053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesfreddyc
    For a little off-the-wall suggestion....

    I don't have experience in this market, but I'd consider offering uniqueness that would filter outward from me to my customers to my customer's customers. My lead gen to home sellers would include services that I offer (or I sub out):

    "To get you sold in this market we will not just list your property with the usual info and photos. We will take your buyers on a helicopter ride over your property and neighborhood!"

    Obviously you'd have to either own and operate a helicopter.

    ...or

    You could invest in a relatively inexpensive drone with a go-pro and offer photography service (or you could this sub it out too). But it'd certainly offer uniqueness to you as a lead gen operator, your customer as an agent and the property sellers.

    You'd need to check local laws and such, but in my area I could easily sub this task out to aerial drone photography service providers. In new areas where I'd like to do lead gen, this would be my first step in the process to get setup.

    Anyway -- kind of a whacky idea but it might inspire you for alternative ideas!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9237211].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
      Originally Posted by jamesfreddyc View Post

      For a little off-the-wall suggestion....

      I don't have experience in this market, but I'd consider offering uniqueness that would filter outward from me to my customers to my customer's customers. My lead gen to home sellers would include services that I offer (or I sub out):

      "To get you sold in this market we will not just list your property with the usual info and photos. We will take your buyers on a helicopter ride over your property and neighborhood!"

      Obviously you'd have to either own and operate a helicopter.

      ...or

      You could invest in a relatively inexpensive drone with a go-pro and offer photography service (or you could this sub it out too). But it'd certainly offer uniqueness to you as a lead gen operator, your customer as an agent and the property sellers.

      You'd need to check local laws and such, but in my area I could easily sub this task out to aerial drone photography service providers. In new areas where I'd like to do lead gen, this would be my first step in the process to get setup.

      Anyway -- kind of a whacky idea but it might inspire you for alternative ideas!
      That's some crazy thinking! Your post has got me thinking outside the box with some other ideas. This is certainly a different approach to the norm.

      Are you using these types of ideas in your business? Do they work well?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9238303].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jamesfreddyc
        Originally Posted by krzysiek View Post

        That's some crazy thinking! Your post has got me thinking outside the box with some other ideas. This is certainly a different approach to the norm.

        Are you using these types of ideas in your business? Do they work well?
        No I am not and as I mentioned I am not experienced in lead gen. Just merely was thinking about how an agent or brokerage might be going about it now: their site showing the listings, maybe some mapping tools, some home valuation tools, etc.. And of course the typical set of photos or maybe even some video walk thru of the listings. You know, typical stuff you see today.

        Funny thing is that what made me think of using aerial flyover video was that I attended a wedding a couple of weeks ago and at one point the entire party walked from a waterfront location (where the vows were exchanged) to a nearby reception hall for the festivities. That walk was thru an open space courtyard (maybe 200 yards) and they had hired a drone operator to capture that moment of the entire wedding party.

        Pretty cool I think and a unique way to capture the moment or the occasion.

        So.... I think it's a natural fit for Real Estate marketing and brings some uniqueness to the arena.

        Kind of an off the wall thinking, and I have no experience or data to add, but I just put it out there to maybe get some variety into the thought process. Take it for what it is
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9238593].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
          By doing a postcard campaign around homes that have been just sold,
          you can show the agents successes.

          Not only that, you have the opportunity to help the owner in their listing decision.

          How?

          By showing..." 50 Palm Street sold in 5 days after listing and $2,500 under asking price.

          Current average time to sell a home in Bricks Suburb is 23 days.

          Average sale price is $7,000 below asking price."

          It's keeping the community informed of what's happening to their
          hood.

          Best,
          Ewen
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9238640].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
            Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

            By doing a postcard campaign around homes that have been just sold,
            you can show the agents successes.

            Not only that, you have the opportunity to help the owner in their listing decision.

            How?

            By showing..." 50 Palm Street sold in 5 days after listing and $2,500 under asking price.

            Current average time to sell a home in Bricks Suburb is 23 days.

            Average sale price is $7,000 below asking price."

            It's keeping the community informed of what's happening to their
            hood.

            Best,
            Ewen
            Hi Ewen,

            Wasn't planning on doing any physical mailing (again, probably my fault for not being explicitly clear),

            But funnily enough, I was thinking along the lines of doing something similar via email. To keep the email list updated with recently sold properties - that way it keeps the agency/agent fresh in their mind.

            Thanks for your post, Ewen!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9238744].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
              Originally Posted by krzysiek View Post

              Hi Ewen,

              Wasn't planning on doing any physical mailing (again, probably my fault for not being explicitly clear),

              But funnily enough, I was thinking along the lines of doing something similar via email. To keep the email list updated with recently sold properties - that way it keeps the agency/agent fresh in their mind.

              Thanks for your post, Ewen!
              This postcard method gets to the listers first,
              if the agent is getting results better in sale time and close to asking price.

              Rather than the nurturing process you are planning.

              Best,
              Ewen
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9238760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
    Hi Ewen,

    Could you please clarify a bit more on what you meant in your last post?

    I am intending to generate seller leads in the short term, but also nurture those who do not request a consultation/appointment over a period of time (I would be updating them with new listings or sold properties in their area via email, until they were ready to buy).

    I can see how using a postcard would be effective at saturating the immediate local area. I feel Facebook would do a pretty decent job at reaching people too. What do you think?

    Thank you for your time
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9239243].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
      Originally Posted by krzysiek View Post

      Hi Ewen,

      Could you please clarify a bit more on what you meant in your last post?

      I am intending to generate seller leads in the short term, but also nurture those who do not request a consultation/appointment over a period of time (I would be updating them with new listings or sold properties in their area via email, until they were ready to buy).

      I can see how using a postcard would be effective at saturating the immediate local area. I feel Facebook would do a pretty decent job at reaching people too. What do you think?

      Thank you for your time
      The way I see postcards is the mailbox is not cluttered like one's Facebook
      page. Further, not everyone goes into their Facebook page daily
      and there are still people who don't have Facebook pages.

      All this means one gets 100% deliverability while the other doesn't.

      Those that get something in their hand tend to phone
      more than those seeing an ad over the internet.
      Generating phone calls is the the ideal outcome because
      conversations lead to the sale faster.

      Best,
      Ewen
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9241819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ahlexis
    For postcard mailings you might want to have a look at what WF member Bob Ross has to say. He has several systems that will get postcards into the hands of the entire neighborhood by taking advantage of mailing systems that can leverage the process to the point where it doesn't just reduce costs but instead puts money INTO your pocket. While his expertise is in using the US Postal Service, his approach is viable anyplace on planet Earth where mail is delivered to each and every home - and it has been done in multiple locations outside the US.

    In one case Bob Ross showed a business owner how to go from spending $3,750 on a postcard mailing to POCKETING over $1,200 and still managing to mail out and reach more potential customers.



    P.S. I don't work for WF member Bob Ross! Just know that his stuff is the real deal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9241858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SirThomas
    Originally Posted by krzysiek View Post

    Big shout out to James Farren who has helped me big time in closing my 1st client!
    What's James doing these days?

    The last time I remember, he was offering a coaching program teaching how to get clients and what to offer to them. That was about a year ago. Is he still doing it or did he move into real estate business instead? Just curious
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9242401].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
      Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

      The way I see postcards is the mailbox is not cluttered like one's Facebook
      page. Further, not everyone goes into their Facebook page daily
      and there are still people who don't have Facebook pages.

      All this means one gets 100% deliverability while the other doesn't.

      Those that get something in their hand tend to phone
      more than those seeing an ad over the internet.
      Generating phone calls is the the ideal outcome because
      conversations lead to the sale faster.

      Best,
      Ewen
      Hi Ewen,

      As always, appreciate your time and input! I do agree with your thoughts about reaching 100% of the town versus a percentage of the town (the ones that are on Facebook).

      I'm going to keep your ideas noted down for the time being and see how I go. If I am honest, I want to make this work through online only as that is what I have experience with. Of course, once I have a system set up that has been optimised I will experiment with other traffic sources (postcards, local radio, etc).

      Once again, thank you!

      Originally Posted by ahlexis View Post

      For postcard mailings you might want to have a look at what WF member Bob Ross has to say. He has several systems that will get postcards into the hands of the entire neighborhood by taking advantage of mailing systems that can leverage the process to the point where it doesn't just reduce costs but instead puts money INTO your pocket. While his expertise is in using the US Postal Service, his approach is viable anyplace on planet Earth where mail is delivered to each and every home - and it has been done in multiple locations outside the US.

      In one case Bob Ross showed a business owner how to go from spending $3,750 on a postcard mailing to POCKETING over $1,200 and still managing to mail out and reach more potential customers.



      P.S. I don't work for WF member Bob Ross! Just know that his stuff is the real deal.
      Thank you for the suggestion! As it happens, I have heard of the Bob Ross idea and was, at least at some stage, interested in implementing it. Not sure why I didn't.

      Thank you!

      Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post

      What's James doing these days?

      The last time I remember, he was offering a coaching program teaching how to get clients and what to offer to them. That was about a year ago. Is he still doing it or did he move into real estate business instead? Just curious
      These days James is busy making a killing. Not too sure how much I should be giving away regarding what he is currently up to, as I think it's stuff he doesn't want to go public with. Basically, it's not my position to say.

      Regarding the coaching program, that is what I am in at the moment (along with a small group of others). He is the reason I have secured my first client, and now have the ability to start closing a whole lot more easily. It's just rinse and repeat with what he has taught us.

      I hope this helps!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9242933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JonasSmith
    I think that the solution is to become a more ethical salesperson, then the leads will come automatically. If you build it he will come.

    ----------------
    course in real estate
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9250650].message }}

Trending Topics