Homemade "business cards" ToPromote a SP/Free offer

by mirsh
12 replies
just wondering if anyone has home printed any business cards before to build their list?

Thought it would be a decent way considering its verrry low cost and it cant really hurt, just depending on where you put them.

Not sure about the IM niche for it but weight lose, health niches etc.. maybe a good thing for me to try?
#business cards #homemade #offer #sp or free #topromote
  • Profile picture of the author Clive Hitchcock
    Your right it wouldn't hurt, but what a waste of your time and money! If you're talking about building your online list, business cards are not what you want.

    You're obviuosly smart enough to know that people congregate in places to talk about things they're interested in, so go and find forums on weight loss and fitness and put your offer in front of the masses. You can use digital versions of your business card if you wanted it to look nice.

    Good Luck

    Clive
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9396189].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Blase
      I don't know what you are selling, but I've done it.

      I put a coupon on the back of a business card with a URL
      for a free gift that was aimed at my target audience.
      Yes it works, but it's not a build a big list idea.

      Why would you print you own and look cheap?
      Go to Vista Print and spend a few bucks.
      Signature
      "Nothing Happens Until Something Is Sold"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9396255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hewlett
    Business cards is simply a math decision. Is it worth your time?

    If you are the only employee at your company, then they're not worth your time. Your time should be spent selling, delivering and collecting. Not advertising.

    That being said, if you have one or more coworkers at your company who are not qualified to do sales, then it does make sense to have them assist with marketing.

    Even if you get really good at the business card process, it's still not going to be tremendously effective. You might want to consider giving your niece or your nephew $40 to drop some off at the grocery store, the library and maybe your local pizzeria if you're really keen on the idea and don't have an assistant to do this for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9397187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JosephC
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9397341].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cborgrx
      I am about to do a business card test and I will report back with the results. Anyone looking for leads knows that they can cost 30 cents-40 cents-50 cents each and much more. So I figured I would buy 1000 business cards from Vista Print which came out to .03 per card. As far as distributing them goes, I try to walk a few miles a day and I live pretty close to 4 different railroad stations. The cards contain an offer to download a Free e book on quitting the rat race ( after going through my opt-in funnel of course). Since most of the commuters at the train station are heavily ensconced in the rat race, I am sure that some of them will bite. My plan is to drive to a different stain each day and my walking routine for that day would be to walk through the parking lot and put a business card under every windshield wiper. There are more than 250 cars at each lot, hence the 1000 cards will find a home.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9404585].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mirsh
        Originally Posted by cborgrx View Post

        I am about to do a business card test and I will report back with the results. Anyone looking for leads knows that they can cost 30 cents-40 cents-50 cents each and much more. So I figured I would buy 1000 business cards from Vista Print which came out to .03 per card. As far as distributing them goes, I try to walk a few miles a day and I live pretty close to 4 different railroad stations. The cards contain an offer to download a Free e book on quitting the rat race ( after going through my opt-in funnel of course). Since most of the commuters at the train station are heavily ensconced in the rat race, I am sure that some of them will bite. My plan is to drive to a different stain each day and my walking routine for that day would be to walk through the parking lot and put a business card under every windshield wiper. There are more than 250 cars at each lot, hence the 1000 cards will find a home.
        Hey, any luck with this? Wondering if you went through with it and excited to see the results
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9409297].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cborgrx
          Originally Posted by mirsh View Post

          Hey, any luck with this? Wondering if you went through with it and excited to see the results
          I am scheduled to do train station #1 on this coming Tuesday 8-5. Will report back on the 6th or the 7th.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9411759].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author mirsh
            Originally Posted by cborgrx View Post

            I am scheduled to do train station #1 on this coming Tuesday 8-5. Will report back on the 6th or the 7th.
            sweet! goodluck!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9413401].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author DABK
            Going to work, people are in a different mood than when they're coming back from work.

            Still, why train stations?

            Why not in front of the library?

            Or a hotel, just before they have a networking event, a speaker about how to make money in real estate event, etc.

            In front of buildings with bookkeeping businesses.

            Originally Posted by cborgrx View Post

            I am scheduled to do train station #1 on this coming Tuesday 8-5. Will report back on the 6th or the 7th.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9418918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mirsh
      Originally Posted by joecason View Post

      That is a very interesting idea for a list. I think it would work great for the health niche especially! (you can easily point out unhealthy people on the street) lol

      Also, just go to vistaprint. You can get 250 for free and it cost $5 to ship.
      I was thinking of a "free weight loss " or health guide and stick fliers outside health shops, around gym locations etc... May not be the best for list building but you can probably get a good few buyers since its an IRL advertisment and not online.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9405248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SashaLee
    Hi there,

    You're going to get a poor response with this since your only common denominator is that these people walk through a train station. Think about how many ads you simply walk by?

    Also, be careful with putting stuff on cars. If enough people toss them on the ground you might get a citation for littering.

    All the best,

    Sasha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9418544].message }}

Trending Topics