Anyone Working on Call only Ads?

19 replies
  • PPC/SEM
  • |
Hi fellow warriors, I need to ask that how many of you are working with call only ads? Hows your experience & how much average cost price you are paying to google?
#ads #call #working
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author geoffcrain87
    Hi Awais,

    I have been buying call-only ads for the better part of 5 years. When I first started it was easier to find a offer from an affiliate network and turn a profit.

    The advertisers did not have a good understadning of how to track quality and you got paid for any call over 2 minutes.

    It is harder now as the advertisers have caught on and lowered CPA costs to reflect lower quality. Or they place IVR's that weed out bad callers and train their call centre employees to recognize a bad call before 120 seconds (standard min paid call length) There is also more competition for keywords now as many advertisers have in house media buying teams.

    My recommendation is to try and work directly with an advertiser. Focus on driving quality calls and expect to scale slowly.

    The average costs per call ranges depending on the price of the keyword you are targeting. I have paid as little as $1 and as much as $100 for one call.

    What vertical are you looking to work in?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11379757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Awais_Afzal1
      Originally Posted by geoffcrain87 View Post

      Hi Awais,

      I have been buying call-only ads for the better part of 5 years. When I first started it was easier to find a offer from an affiliate network and turn a profit.

      The advertisers did not have a good understadning of how to track quality and you got paid for any call over 2 minutes.

      It is harder now as the advertisers have caught on and lowered CPA costs to reflect lower quality. Or they place IVR's that weed out bad callers and train their call centre employees to recognize a bad call before 120 seconds (standard min paid call length) There is also more competition for keywords now as many advertisers have in house media buying teams.

      My recommendation is to try and work directly with an advertiser. Focus on driving quality calls and expect to scale slowly.

      The average costs per call ranges depending on the price of the keyword you are targeting. I have paid as little as $1 and as much as $100 for one call.

      What vertical are you looking to work in?

      I am working with charter spectrum, direct tv authorized retailers. I am getting sales call as well but again like you said their cost per call is very hight. How you scale up you campaign after getting it optimized?
      Signature

      Affiliate Marketing Step By Step in Pakistan
      CS2Q.co Call:00923227866668

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11379766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author geoffcrain87
    What is your daily budget right now? Is the campaign nationwide?

    How many keywords have you tested?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11379768].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Awais_Afzal1
      Originally Posted by geoffcrain87 View Post

      What is your daily budget right now? Is the campaign nationwide?

      How many keywords have you tested?

      My Daily budget is around $300 and a campaign is in certain locations where services are serviceable and I am working with a lot of keywords.
      Signature

      Affiliate Marketing Step By Step in Pakistan
      CS2Q.co Call:00923227866668

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11379905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author geoffcrain87
    Ok. Try and improve your ad position by increasing the bids. The goal is to have a 1.5-2.1 ad position.

    Are you running on a CPA or enhanced CPC?

    Are you capping out the $300 spend each day or coming short?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380053].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Awais_Afzal1
      Originally Posted by geoffcrain87 View Post

      Ok. Try and improve your ad position by increasing the bids. The goal is to have a 1.5-2.1 ad position.

      Are you running on a CPA or enhanced CPC?

      Are you capping out the $300 spend each day or coming short?

      I didn't use CPA bid strategy but yes I used enhanced CPC and getting some results. But while in enhanced CPC adwords suggest me to raise bid price of my best performing keywords. I am trying to have better quality score for them. But which strategy you suggest? if i came to know that which keywords are responsible for converstion. e.g. Google adwords is suggesting the estimated bid price for keyword is $10 and if you use CPA then how much cost of click google will charge?
      Signature

      Affiliate Marketing Step By Step in Pakistan
      CS2Q.co Call:00923227866668

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380116].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author geoffcrain87
        In order to use CPA you need to be tracking call conversions. Are you doing this?

        When you use a CPA strategy it asks for a CPA target. Then the algorithm will set the CPC at price required to reach that CPA.

        In the end, it does not matter was CPC you are paying if the keyword is converting below your CPA target.

        I typically run a enhanced CPC campaign for a week and than switch to targeted CPA.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380137].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Awais_Afzal1
          Originally Posted by geoffcrain87 View Post

          In order to use CPA you need to be tracking call conversions. Are you doing this?

          When you use a CPA strategy it asks for a CPA target. Then the algorithm will set the CPC at price required to reach that CPA.

          In the end, it does not matter was CPC you are paying if the keyword is converting below your CPA target.

          I typically run a enhanced CPC campaign for a week and than switch to targeted CPA.

          As you asked:
          In order to use CPA, you need to be tracking call conversions. Are you doing this?

          Yes, I am tracking call conversions. Furthermore, I am also tracking keywords that are responsible for call conversions. I didn't assign any valued to converstion because I am directly working with an authorized retailer of a charter spectrum. The reason why I didn't assign any payout because the service provider has different payout option e.g. $30 for single play $60 for a double play or $150 for a triple play.

          But I am looking for conversion under $50. If I use CPA bid strategy with my best performing keyword via single keyword adgroup. Will it play an important role to get more conversion?
          Signature

          Affiliate Marketing Step By Step in Pakistan
          CS2Q.co Call:00923227866668

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380240].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author geoffcrain87
            Yes. You will get more conversions and it will give you the ability to scale the budget and get more volume.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380547].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author kevin2018
            Originally Posted by Awais_Afzal1 View Post

            As you asked:
            In order to use CPA, you need to be tracking call conversions. Are you doing this?

            Yes, I am tracking call conversions. Furthermore, I am also tracking keywords that are responsible for call conversions. I didn't assign any valued to converstion because I am directly working with an authorized retailer of a charter spectrum. The reason why I didn't assign any payout because the service provider has different payout option e.g. $30 for single play $60 for a double play or $150 for a triple play.

            But I am looking for conversion under $50. If I use CPA bid strategy with my best performing keyword via single keyword adgroup. Will it play an important role to get more conversion?
            Hi, Awais_Afzal1 and geoffcrain87

            How do you track keywords that are responsible for call conversions?
            Is that from call reporting in adwrods? But in order to use call reporting, it has to use google forwarding phone number, instead of the phone number from invoca?
            (I am just starting out on call only ads. I see you guys have a lot of experiences!)

            Thanks.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11384616].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Awais_Afzal1
              Originally Posted by kevin2018 View Post

              Hi, Awais_Afzal1 and geoffcrain87

              How do you track keywords that are responsible for call conversions?
              Is that from call reporting in adwrods? But in order to use call reporting, it has to use google forwarding phone number, instead of the phone number from invoca?
              (I am just starting out on call only ads. I see you guys have a lot of experiences!)

              Thanks.
              Dear, I am tracking all of those keywords along with search terms that are responsible for conversation in Google Adwords dashboard. So, in my opinion, you don't need to get any third party software. Google has its own number to track calls that will land into your system. Furthermore, I sent you a private message as well. Read it
              Signature

              Affiliate Marketing Step By Step in Pakistan
              CS2Q.co Call:00923227866668

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11384784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Awais_Afzal1
    ok let me try
    Signature

    Affiliate Marketing Step By Step in Pakistan
    CS2Q.co Call:00923227866668

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380719].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author geoffcrain87
      Cool. Let me know if your partner is looking for more traffic.

      I have run satellite and cabletv offers on google with a lot of success. Can add my traffic to yours and work on a rev share.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380729].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Awais_Afzal1
        Originally Posted by geoffcrain87 View Post

        Cool. Let me know if your partner is looking for more traffic.

        I have run satellite and cabletv offers on google with a lot of success. Can add my traffic to yours and work on a rev share.
        sure, tell me how much budget you spend on daily basis and how much conversation per day
        Signature

        Affiliate Marketing Step By Step in Pakistan
        CS2Q.co Call:00923227866668

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adstargets
    How does that work? would you be kind to explain more?
    Signature
    Join the Best CPC & CPM Ad Network for Publishers and Advertisers.
    Join Today @ AdsTargets.com for free
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11381545].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Awais_Afzal1
      Originally Posted by Adstargets View Post

      How does that work? would you be kind to explain more?
      Can you specifically ask your question?
      Signature

      Affiliate Marketing Step By Step in Pakistan
      CS2Q.co Call:00923227866668

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11382035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bobmcalister
    I am interested in running call only ads for a local client ..insurance agent...and haven't gone to adwords since the new interface. can anyone run me through the steps of setting up a campaign? I have spent hours today going through videos and google community discussion and cant find the steps . i really appreciate any help. thanks
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11383711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Awais_Afzal1
      sure no problem.
      Signature

      Affiliate Marketing Step By Step in Pakistan
      CS2Q.co Call:00923227866668

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11384788].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics