Warrior Forum - The #1 Digital Marketing Forum & Marketplace

Warrior Forum - The #1 Digital Marketing Forum & Marketplace (https://www.warriorforum.com/)
-   Plug-In Profit Site Support Forum (https://www.warriorforum.com/plug-profit-site-support-forum/)
-   -   Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress (https://www.warriorforum.com/plug-profit-site-support-forum/363454-does-anybody-know-how-remove-ugly-tags-wordpress.html)

tjharris 12th April 2011 09:15 AM

Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
hello pipsters & warrior members

can anybody help with the removal of those ugly tags at the top and bottom of every post.
"Posted tag" & "This entry was posted in Best Internet Business and tagged".
I would just prefer i simple tag at the botton like "NEXT" or "MORE INFO" at the bottom of every post. something simple but better looking.

CatherineMay 16th April 2011 08:25 PM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
Well, I also spent too much time trying to figure out how to hide the tags, and then realized that the settings for my theme contained the ability to do this. I use Suffusion, which is a free theme you can find within Wordpress.


Catherine

Fortune Uzom 16th April 2011 08:30 PM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
I wish I know but I promise to take and learn about it

Patrician 16th April 2011 09:17 PM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
Tim - the tags are for the benefit of the search engine spiders - they are robots and then think the ugly tags are radical. lol.

John McRae 17th April 2011 06:01 AM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
Those tags are for the search engines and are important. The key is not to over do the tagging.
I was actually just reading about this the other day and found this post which may help explain how to use those tags better
How to Use Tags for WordPress SEO, Tagging for WordPress, SEO Tags, WordPress Tags

John

tjharris 18th April 2011 07:23 AM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John McRae (Post 3721118)
Those tags are for the search engines and are important. The key is not to over do the tagging.
I was actually just reading about this the other day and found this post which may help explain how to use those tags better
How to Use Tags for WordPress SEO, Tagging for WordPress, SEO Tags, WordPress Tags

John


Thank you everybody for your input.

Thank you john for the article it was usefull, I use the all in one seo for all my blog posts.

Trent Brownrigg 18th April 2011 10:59 AM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
If you do want to remove them from actually showing on your posts (I usually do) then you just go into your host and then into your theme files. Find the index.php, single.php, and archive.php (or any others they show on that you want to remove them from).

Find the code for the tags. Most likely it will be after the post code, but sometimes it is before. And remove it.

It's fairly easy to do but harder to explain.

Just be sure to copy the code into a notepad file or whatever so if you do mess something up you can simply paste the original back in there to fix it.

Steven Dybka 18th April 2011 11:14 AM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
I would not remove those tags,it will affect your seo,you can just keep your tags to a minimum if you don't like them but I'm sure your readers don't care that they are there anyway.


Steve

Patrician 18th April 2011 01:20 PM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
Thanks Trent - but for our sites I only recommend that people use the Wordpress Appearance Editor to edit either the custom PIPS files or the others such as you mention. Please do not go to HostGator and edit the files.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Brownrigg (Post 3727976)
If you do want to remove them from actually showing on your posts (I usually do) then you just go into your host and then into your theme files. Find the index.php, single.php, and archive.php (or any others they show on that you want to remove them from).

Find the code for the tags. Most likely it will be after the post code, but sometimes it is before. And remove it.

It's fairly easy to do but harder to explain.

Just be sure to copy the code into a notepad file or whatever so if you do mess something up you can simply paste the original back in there to fix it.


Patrician 18th April 2011 04:22 PM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjharris (Post 3692512)
I would just prefer i simple tag at the botton like "NEXT" or "MORE INFO" at the bottom of every post. something simple but better looking.

I am sorry Tim - I can't help it - I hope you see the humor that I do. You probably will if you ever saw the Geico commercial where they have the cave man guy.

He is signing on to work on a Crab Boat - 'deadliest catch' - I mean their job is hairy - dangerous, dirty, cold etc.

He comes on the boat and there are these two real gnarly looking old salt types standing there.

He is all decked out and carrying his matching feather leather luggage in some neon color a girl would like.

He asks them to have a porter pick up his bags while he 'grabs a cappachino".

Then he asks them if they need anything and they just stare blankly into space...

So here we are, all struggling in a sea of SEO do's and don'ts and must do's and make it or break it strategies, narrowly avoiding the next Google 'slap" (the big crab) . ok?

But we want it to 'look nice'.

(I often have to remind myself about the people that might see it -- not just the robots (SEs) )...

Oh well guess you have to see the commercial if you don't see the humor.
:D

Patrician 9th May 2011 10:56 AM

Re: Does anybody know how to remove the ugly tags on wordpress
 
Yes - I know - I have always done everything in PHP myself Tim - it is just like HTML. However because of your custom code being only in the special PIPS theme which is in the header.php and footer.php (which includes the sidebars) - it is different.

I have to recover too many sites when people try to work in their Wordpress sidebar.php (which is where everything is usually but not in this case). It makes a big mess.

Try watching Darrin's videos.

http://www.warriorforum.com/plug-pro...ml#post3764393


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:35 AM.