Register Blogs Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 10th Jul 2011, 06:03 PM   #1
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hello,

I've been working on backlinking now with the keywords in my signature for about two months, and I'm about to start on the third month trying to decide if I need to narrow it down to just a three word phrase.


Okay with that being said.... could anyone be able to give me some tips on whether or not I need to just leave my keywords the same as I begin the third month of backlinking using them together in one keyword phrase as is in my signature or should I narrow it down with just using the under 50,000 long tail keyword phrase "cool business ideas" since there is less competing pages for this phrase in helping me get ranked faster by the search engines, since using long tail keyword phrases are best? I'm just afraid if I change up my keywords, it may affect the backlinking I've done for the two previous months already?
Thanks anyone for any suggestions or knowledge you may have on this
Jenny

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10th Jul 2011, 06:30 PM   #2
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I forgot to mention one of the main things...
I'm the 4th one down on page one using the keywords I am using. So does this mean also that I am on the right track or no or does this mean anything at all?

Thanks again anyone
Jenny


Last edited on 10th Jul 2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: left something out
JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th Jul 2011, 02:25 AM   #3
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Meyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Ada,OK , USA.
Posts: 1,535
Thanks: 108
Thanked 344 Times in 228 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I'm not sure why your keywords are not separated, creative business ideas|cool business ideas"

I would continue building links to those keywords and add another keyword phrase or two. If your keywords are not on the first page of the search engines then keep building backlinks. At the same time new keywords will give you more exposure and are a good thing.

Try looking up LSI words for the keywords you are using and use those words in your strategy as well.

http://lsikeywords.com/

You can do a search for other tools and a complete explanation of LSI keywords if you like.

Find out how this guy went from being over $40,000 in debt to having total financial freedom and how you can to.Click Here: Freedom ~
Stephen Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stephen Meyer For This Useful Post:
Unread 11th Jul 2011, 10:22 AM   #4
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Stephen Meyer View Post

I'm not sure why your keywords are not separated, creative business ideas|cool business ideas"

I would continue building links to those keywords and add another keyword phrase or two. If your keywords are not on the first page of the search engines then keep building backlinks. At the same time new keywords will give you more exposure and are a good thing.

Try looking up LSI words for the keywords you are using and use those words in your strategy as well.

http://lsikeywords.com/

You can do a search for other tools and a complete explanation of LSI keywords if you like.
Okay thanks Stephen
Your always so helpful....
So I suppose I'm on the right track then?
I'm the 5th one down today, when typing in "cool business ideas" in google. Not showing in yahoo yet.
Thanks so much for the tips and website.
Jenny

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th Jul 2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Jeff Casmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,979
Thanks: 31
Thanked 255 Times in 196 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Jenny,

The important point to remember is continue to build backinks for those keywords until your on page 1...then add to your keywords usually through blog posts....

If you rank on page 1 for 100 longer tail keywords with low search count that adds up really fast..

Take care
Jeff Casmer

Why Dont You Join My Inner Circle?

IMPho

30DTS Challenge | IM Training | IM Community | AFF Program
Jeff Casmer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Casmer For This Useful Post:
Unread 11th Jul 2011, 12:18 PM   #6
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Jeff Casmer View Post

Hi Jenny,

The important point to remember is continue to build backinks for those keywords until your on page 1...then add to your keywords usually through blog posts....

If you rank on page 1 for 100 longer tail keywords with low search count that adds up really fast..

Take care
Jeff Casmer
Hi Jeff
Thank you so much. I have four other long tail keywords I have in mind which I can add to what I have already!
Thank you all for your awesome advise, you guys are the best!

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 04:14 AM   #7
Active Warrior
 
DDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 42
Thanks: 15
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

hey jenny

Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keyword are a virtual part of your postings as well. maybe you could do a bit of work and find 10,20 or even 30 LSI keywords to add regularly to your posts. You will find you will also rank for these keywords.
Yes i think the spacing in your keywords is a must BUT now you have started with it all together keep doing that if you think it viable but also start to include the spaces. Any keyword can be used as a LSI keyword, is mainly just second to you main keyword(s).

In saying all this i have found in my research that "Loose weight" has a very high search volume ( something like 5,000 per/month) but it's spelt "Lose weight" go figure ay lol

Free SEO Software Download - SerpAttacks is a tool i use when im in the top 20 and want to keep an eye on things.

Download Rank Tracker 5.5 And Check Rankings Easily! is a very useful tool i use to see when my sites hit the top 100 for so many search engines. Google.com.uk Google.com.us as well as yahoo, bling and all the rest. Both you can use the free version and will help you

oh here is a useful tool you can use for free. the free version lets you post 300 social bookmarks each month. what you will need to do is join onlywire then register for all the sites (42). when this is done it's EASY. as you get the Plugin for your CreativeBusinessIdeas website and every time you do a new post it will automatically post to the 42 social bookmark sites for you. WOW 42 free and easy back links for you to take advantage of. I think you may have to do captcher for 3 or 4 only
and while your there adding plugins i suggest you might as well add pingler, well worth it
DDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DDavis For This Useful Post:
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 11:32 AM   #8
OffTheWallflowerChild
War Room Member
 
Patrician's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,698
Thanks: 6,331
Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,802 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Jenny - before you take this particular advice (see paragraph quoted below) - please do the research - Gimmicks that use big numbers like this are sometimes something that will have the OPPOSITE effect in Google's 'eyes' - it will get you sandboxed or even possibly blacklisted.

Anything that is not 'natural' - for example "42 links a day or 300 a month" - shows you are using a 'gimmick' - Google doesn't have time to analyze every site to see if you are trying to fool somebody or are an innocent newbie taking bad advice. They will paint you with the same brush either way.

OnlyWire is very popular right now - the advice I got from someone using it successfuly is to "limit it to Never build more than 10-15 links to a new website in a single day. Alternate your link text frequently".

It happened to me with link directories when I was a newbie -- I was doing fine and got to PR3 with my new site - after I followed advice to use a link directory gimmick - I was back to PR2 - and stayed there for a long time no matter what else I did to the site.

Read something by Matt Cutts who is an engineer at Google - http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/ - or just 'Google It' - (run a query at Google.com for whatever subject) and look for articles if you need to prove or disprove what I am saying.

Remember what I told you about 'arm chair quarterbacks' - They may not have been 'caught' yet and are really trying to share something they believe is a good deal - Again, Google will not take into consideration that it is 'the blind leading the blind'.

And even advice I give you - check it out - things change all the time - maybe social bookmarking is different from link building - maybe I am wrong -

If this is the case (that I am wrong about this particular gimmick) I apologize and welcome anybody who can quote something from an expert that will prove me wrong -

Originally Posted by DDavis View Post


oh here is a useful tool you can use for free. the free version lets you post 300 social bookmarks each month. what you will need to do is join onlywire then register for all the sites (42). when this is done it's EASY. as you get the Plugin for your CreativeBusinessIdeas website and every time you do a new post it will automatically post to the 42 social bookmark sites for you. WOW 42 free and easy back links for you to take advantage of. I think you may have to do captcher for 3 or 4 only
and while your there adding plugins i suggest you might as well add pingler, well worth it

Patricia Brucoli
Plug-In Profit Site Helpdesk
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrician For This Useful Post:
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 03:41 PM   #9
Internetizen since 1992
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Thomas Prendergast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 132
Thanks: 57
Thanked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Being neck deep in technology with Internet development, systems, etc. I have learned one thing above all else. When a system grows, like my company has (15 years now) no matter how much we think we know how it works, we really don't know how it really works.

At some point systems take on a life of their own. I was on the Internet when it was HTML 1.0, the only browser was MOSAIC, Yahoo or any search engine for that matter did not exist.

Google came along and they have grown to massive proportions. Just like Windows software has. No one person knows how a system truly operates. I believe this applies to Google. They make changes and my sites might shuffle around a bit but all in all they maintain their strategic positions.

From my daily working on the Internet there are two undeniable points that makes certain websites command top search engine results. Content and popularity.

If you concentrate on those two points you will achieve results.

Then there is the ethics involved. Do you want to engage using software that kicks in the door of blogs and forces unrelated blog comments (or other similar techniques)? Or do you want to be integrated with a huge social group and systems with literally 1000s of legitimate domains all working together to deliver related content and legitimate back links.

If you want to achieve the targeted traffic from SEO, and actually get subscribers you need a system. Build one yourself, or engage with a service that offers the ability to have just that.

Bottom line, have a plan, develop good content, and build back links that are populated on as many different domains you can afford.

There are no quick fixes, most gurus make their money selling you their magic solutions. It just takes a lot of effort and patients and a good mentor.

I have been around a long time on the Internet. You can usually find me @ Twitter and Instagram. I can be contacted on Telegram @ https://t.me/hivekeep
Thomas Prendergast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thomas Prendergast For This Useful Post:
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 04:05 PM   #10
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Meyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Ada,OK , USA.
Posts: 1,535
Thanks: 108
Thanked 344 Times in 228 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I am sure about Business Models, Business Plans and using various strategies. One very popular strategy is to build backlinks using the various backlinking programs available. I've used SENukeX, too much money for me, Magic Submitter, still use it and SEO Link Robot, have a lifetime membership. I used only wire at one time but it gained a reputation for spam so I stopped. Looking back that probably wasn't true. I have also used, and would again if i needed it, Social Bookmarking Service to 240+ Social Bookmarking Websites - SocialMarking.com , it's a nice free tool.

I can tell you this, I have 3 websites currently making me money and some up and coming. I've used every tool I have to build backlinks, some times massive backlinks quickly and Google has only nailed me once. I went from number 3 and number 8 for some search terms with lots of traffic to some where I couldn't find after about a 2 months of working hard on massive links. I think one major keyword was number 67, the others were lost in the thousands. I thought I killed the sites in the SE's but that didn't seem quite right. Now 6 weeks after that I have not stopped yet, I have been and I'm still building massive links to those sites. No slowing down at all. Currently my main site has not one but 4 positions of the first page of Google, numbers 4-8 and it gets a ton of traffic. The other sites are on page one as well. Google did it's little dance for about a month to 6 weeks and then the sites came back stronger than they started out.

I've watched marketers put out hundreds of articles in less than 6 months, more like 3 months or less, and build massive links while they took first page of Google for very competitive keyword phrases. In my book there is no such thing as to many to fast when it comes to backlinks and Google. Google to this point has always been about backlinks and site popularity no matter what they might say. I suggest building as many as you can.

Find out how this guy went from being over $40,000 in debt to having total financial freedom and how you can to.Click Here: Freedom ~
Stephen Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen Meyer For This Useful Post:
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 04:49 PM   #11
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi everyone thank you so much for your feedback! I'm currently only doing backlinks through Pauls and Angelas package, but am seeking others now as well and you're suggestions and tips are certainly loads helpful, and I'm only registered with a hand full of Social Bookmarking sites, so I have a long way to go on many things,but I'm working hard as my time allows! I just wish there was more time in a day...haha.
I certainly will take everything everyone says in here and study carefully. It sure helps with all your feedback for sure, thanks all of you so much and too many suggestions is always better than less on anything

Jenny*

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 04:52 PM   #12
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

Jenny - before you take this particular advice (see paragraph quoted below) - please do the research - Gimmicks that use big numbers like this are sometimes something that will have the OPPOSITE effect in Google's 'eyes' - it will get you sandboxed or even possibly blacklisted.

OnlyWire is very popular right now - the advice I got from someone using it successfuly is to "limit it to Never build more than 10-15 links to a new website in a single day. Alternate your link text frequently".

It happened to me with link directories when I was a newbie -- I was doing fine and got to PR3 with my new site - after I followed advice to use a link directory gimmick - I was back to PR2 - and stayed there for a long time no matter what else I did to the site.

Read something by Matt Cutts who is an engineer at Google - Matt Cutts: Gadgets, Google, and SEO - or just

Remember what I told you about 'arm chair quarterbacks' - They may not have been 'caught' yet and are really trying to share something they believe is a good deal - Again, Google will not take into consideration that it is 'the blind leading the blind'.
Thank you Pat, your such a wonderful lady and I really enjoy your insight and examples, very helpful indeed
Jenny

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JennyZ For This Useful Post:
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 04:54 PM   #13
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Stephen Meyer View Post

I am sure about Business Models, Business Plans and using various strategies. One very popular strategy is to build backlinks using the various backlinking programs available. I've used SENukeX, too much money for me, Magic Submitter, still use it and SEO Link Robot, have a lifetime membership. I used only wire at one time but it gained a reputation for spam so I stopped. Looking back that probably wasn't true. I have also used, and would again if i needed it, Social Bookmarking Service to 240+ Social Bookmarking Websites - SocialMarking.com , it's a nice free tool.

I can tell you this, I have 3 websites currently making me money and some up and coming. I've used every tool I have to build backlinks, some times massive backlinks quickly and Google has only nailed me once. I went from number 3 and number 8 for some search terms with lots of traffic to some where I couldn't find after about a 2 months of working hard on massive links. I think one major keyword was number 67, the others were lost in the thousands. I thought I killed the sites in the SE's but that didn't seem quite right. Now 6 weeks after that I have not stopped yet, I have been and I'm still building massive links to those sites. No slowing down at all. Currently my main site has not one but 4 positions of the first page of Google, numbers 4-8 and it gets a ton of traffic. The other sites are on page one as well. Google did it's little dance for about a month to 6 weeks and then the sites came back stronger than they started out.

I've watched marketers put out hundreds of articles in less than 6 months, more like 3 months or less, and build massive links while they took first page of Google for very competitive keyword phrases. In my book there is no such thing as to many to fast when it comes to backlinks and Google. Google to this point has always been about backlinks and site popularity no matter what they might say. I suggest building as many as you can.
This is so awesome to know Stephen, this is so helpful, I've learned to much from you and everyone else in here for sure.
Jenny

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 09:02 PM   #14
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by DDavis View Post

hey jenny

Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keyword are a virtual part of your postings as well. maybe you could do a bit of work and find 10,20 or even 30 LSI keywords to add regularly to your posts. You will find you will also rank for these keywords.
Yes i think the spacing in your keywords is a must BUT now you have started with it all together keep doing that if you think it viable but also start to include the spaces. Any keyword can be used as a LSI keyword, is mainly just second to you main keyword(s).

In saying all this i have found in my research that "Loose weight" has a very high search volume ( something like 5,000 per/month) but it's spelt "Lose weight" go figure ay lol

Free SEO Software Download - SerpAttacks is a tool i use when im in the top 20 and want to keep an eye on things.

Download Rank Tracker 5.5 And Check Rankings Easily! is a very useful tool i use to see when my sites hit the top 100 for so many search engines. Google.com.uk Google.com.us as well as yahoo, bling and all the rest. Both you can use the free version and will help you

oh here is a useful tool you can use for free. the free version lets you post 300 social bookmarks each month. what you will need to do is join onlywire then register for all the sites (42). when this is done it's EASY. as you get the Plugin for your CreativeBusinessIdeas website and every time you do a new post it will automatically post to the 42 social bookmark sites for you. WOW 42 free and easy back links for you to take advantage of. I think you may have to do captcher for 3 or 4 only
and while your there adding plugins i suggest you might as well add pingler, well worth it
Hi DDavis,
Thank you for all your suggestions, I will certainly study this as well and thank you for taking out the time for your input, I really appreciate it.
Jenny*

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 09:23 PM   #15
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Thomas Prendergast View Post

Being neck deep in technology with Internet development, systems, etc. I have learned one thing above all else. When a system grows, like my company has (15 years now) no matter how much we think we know how it works, we really don't know how it really works.

At some point systems take on a life of their own. I was on the Internet when it was HTML 1.0, the only browser was MOSAIC, Yahoo or any search engine for that matter did not exist.

Google came along and they have grown to massive proportions. Just like Windows software has. No one person knows how a system truly operates. I believe this applies to Google. They make changes and my sites might shuffle around a bit but all in all they maintain their strategic positions.

From my daily working on the Internet there are two undeniable points that makes certain websites command top search engine results. Content and popularity.

If you concentrate on those two points you will achieve results.

Then there is the ethics involved. Do you want to engage using software that kicks in the door of blogs and forces unrelated blog comments (or other similar techniques)? Or do you want to be integrated with a huge social group and systems with literally 1000s of legitimate domains all working together to deliver related content and legitimate back links.

If you want to achieve the targeted traffic from SEO, and actually get subscribers you need a system. Build one yourself, or engage with a service that offers the ability to have just that.

Bottom line, have a plan, develop good content, and build back links that are populated on as many different domains you can afford.

There are no quick fixes, most gurus make their money selling you their magic solutions. It just takes a lot of effort and patients and a good mentor.
Hi Thomas,
Very good tips to remember indeed, and valuable insight as well. Thank you for your feedback. It's so important for me to take in everything as much as I can from those who have been in the game with things for so long as yourself and others. It helps to learn from those who have a bit of experience in such areas.
Jenny

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13th Jul 2011, 09:25 PM   #16
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Jeff Casmer View Post

Hi Jenny,

The important point to remember is continue to build backinks for those keywords until your on page 1...then add to your keywords usually through blog posts....

If you rank on page 1 for 100 longer tail keywords with low search count that adds up really fast..

Take care
Jeff Casmer
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for such great tips, this certainly helps me get some great ideas on numbers I need to look at with long tail keywords!
Jenny

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th Jul 2011, 11:27 PM   #17
Internetizen since 1992
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Thomas Prendergast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 132
Thanks: 57
Thanked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Stephen Meyer View Post


I can tell you this, I have 3 websites currently making me money and some up and coming. I've used every tool I have to build backlinks, some times massive backlinks quickly and Google has only nailed me once. I went from number 3 and number 8 for some search terms with lots of traffic to some where I couldn't find after about a 2 months of working hard on massive links. I think one major keyword was number 67, the others were lost in the thousands. I thought I killed the sites in the SE's but that didn't seem quite right. Now 6 weeks after that I have not stopped yet, I have been and I'm still building massive links to those sites. No slowing down at all. Currently my main site has not one but 4 positions of the first page of Google, numbers 4-8 and it gets a ton of traffic. The other sites are on page one as well. Google did it's little dance for about a month to 6 weeks and then the sites came back stronger than they started out.
I can confirm I do the same thing, build and never look back. I can also confirm the same experience when Google "changed things" and after some shuffling my sites all came back stronger and even ranked higher. Most of them on page one.

Something else I have experienced is after stopping marketing for one of my systems for many months it not only maintains it's rank it actually rises somewhat.

I have come to the conclusion it is good to give it a rest now and then.

Thomas

I have been around a long time on the Internet. You can usually find me @ Twitter and Instagram. I can be contacted on Telegram @ https://t.me/hivekeep
Thomas Prendergast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas Prendergast For This Useful Post:
Unread 14th Jul 2011, 11:44 PM   #18
OffTheWallflowerChild
War Room Member
 
Patrician's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,698
Thanks: 6,331
Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,802 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

So between Stephen and Thomas' replies here, because they are so multi-faceted I am not sure what we are talking about.

Specifically, are either or both of you saying/agreeing that it is good advice in 2011 to get 300 social bookmarks in one month to a new site? That it is different from getting an unnatural number of links?

I quoted Dan Brock of the 'Deadbeat Affiliate' WSO that I bought a while back - and I quoted his instructions regarding OnlyWire - however the course is about 2 years old - so I know how Google changes algos like people change clothes. (Dan is a very successful Amazon affiliate marketer) - maybe that is different as well since he is writing product reviews...(?)

Patricia Brucoli
Plug-In Profit Site Helpdesk
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15th Jul 2011, 01:36 AM   #19
Stud Muffin Marketer
War Room Member
 
Clint Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 501
Thanks: 81
Thanked 143 Times in 112 Posts
Blog Entries: 18
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I think you could ask 100 SEO's and get 100 different answers about how and how many backlinks a new site could get. I think if are using OnlyWire (which I do) then linking to one URL ONCE is fine regardless of how many different services you have signed up for under that service.

Regards,
Clint

Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

So between Stephen and Thomas' replies here, because they are so multi-faceted I am not sure what we are talking about.

Specifically, are either or both of you saying/agreeing that it is good advice in 2011 to get 300 social bookmarks in one month to a new site? That it is different from getting an unnatural number of links?

I quoted Dan Brock of the 'Deadbeat Affiliate' WSO that I bought a while back - and I quoted his instructions regarding OnlyWire - however the course is about 2 years old - so I know how Google changes algos like people change clothes. (Dan is a very successful Amazon affiliate marketer) - maybe that is different as well since he is writing product reviews...(?)

Clint Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clint Butler For This Useful Post:
Unread 15th Jul 2011, 05:01 AM   #20
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Meyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Ada,OK , USA.
Posts: 1,535
Thanks: 108
Thanked 344 Times in 228 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Patricia, my opinion is 300 backlinks in a month is not very many, it's only 10 a day. The idea of appearing natural is kind of a myth, a big news story can get thousands in one day or, actually, in a couple hours and Google will be on it and it will be natural and they get indexed.

The small micro Niches I mentioned above can get from 1500 to 3000 a month depending on how busy I want to be. The one I mention that went into oblivion for a few weeks today it's main keyword is number 2 and it holds positions 2, 5,6, and 7 on the first page. Thats for a difficult keyword and an even more difficult keyword has moved up to position 8. I've been pounding about 450 - 800 backlinks a week. Of course not all get indexed right away but as time goes on more articles are approved and posted and Google finds more links. Which is why it moved up today. Tomorrow I have around 200 backlinks planned for the site.

In my, ever so humble opinion LOL, if someone is going to compete in the make money from home niche they need to get real busy because their competition is putting out as many backlinks as they possibly can for most of the "money words". In the past I've seen people who post in this forum put out 100 articles in a week and after some time they made it to the top for very competitive keywords.

There's two keys to it. 1. post quality content on your blog, it needs to be good, informative, and original. 2. post quality content on quality sites all over the web, it needs to be good, informative, and original. Google's goal has always been to have their customers land on sites that give them the exact information they are looking for without all the crap. So the goal should be to give them what they want and as much of it as you can put out.

Some things i don't and won't do because there's no reason to, create a million forum profiles, it's a waste of time and has no content. besides they usually get deleted in a short while anyway. The other is spam comment on peoples blogs. Spam commenting on blogs will get your site tagged as a spam site by Askimet and it won't take long to happen. Then you might as well get another site and start over. Besides, i hate wasting my time deleting spam comments and I hate it even more when i see good comments in the spam folder because they were tagged as a spam site.

I do however post on as many Web 2.0 (and the up and coming 3.0) sites, book marking, social sites etc, and article directories as i can. With tools and/or Fiverr I can post in around 800 article directories and have about 250 auto approved the same day each shot (daily). It's been working for Niche sites that have a fair amount of competition and hungry customers.

Again, if you give people the information they are looking for Google will show you some love. If you think you have to add in the garbage, sales pitches, links to junk sites and the other garbage many wanna be marketers try to pawn off Google will show you their bad side.

I could have made this post real short and just said, it's all about quality.

Find out how this guy went from being over $40,000 in debt to having total financial freedom and how you can to.Click Here: Freedom ~
Stephen Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Meyer For This Useful Post:
Unread 15th Jul 2011, 05:17 AM   #21
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 138
Thanks: 88
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

This is one very informative thread.

backpacking in Kenya http://kenyatalii.com
emmndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15th Jul 2011, 07:50 AM   #22
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JennyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 136
Thanks: 198
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by butchhamilton View Post

Hi Jenny

I took a moment to view your site, and here is my professional opinion. Your site is not ranking well on Alexa.com. This is important for you to note, and become aware of. Download the toolbar, and start using it to determine your traffic, your ranking and your overall site performance.

In looking at your source code, the metatag is missing, and there are no keywords associated with the site. This is a WordPress blog, but that title, metatag and keywords can, and should be implemented. There is a simple way to do this with WP plugin called SEO Ulimate. If you install it, and use it properly, your site should pick up much better on the searches.

The next deciding factor is this. Is your site making you money? Often times, people are so caught up in the how tos, they miss the one thing that can make income from the Internet. Not being so detailed in your thinking about your site, but working to make your site better for readers, should be your goal. You need good quality content written on a daily basis about yourself, and your business.

One more thing about WordPress blogs. In your head tag, did you know that you are automatically promoting this guys site:
<head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/1">

Oh yeah, its in every WordPress I see. This should be changed to YOUR link!

Most are not aware of this on their WordPress blogs.
Hi butchhamilton,
Thank you for that valuable information, I'm going to do that right away!
Jenny

JennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5th Aug 2011, 03:38 AM   #23
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
mysteryleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 503
Thanks: 27
Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts
Blog Entries: 22
Default
Re: Backlinking if I change my keywords
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I would suggest articles, press release blogg comments
web2.0 profiles and build up a mix of short and long tail
keywords having a mix of Page Rank and different websites
will look more organic to google and will help your keywords
rank higher and links will stick more

mysteryleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mysteryleaves For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Tags
backlinking, change, keywords


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 AM.