Register Blogs Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 24th Jan 2009, 06:06 PM   #1
Graham Maddison
War Room Member
 
Graham Maddison's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Khon kaen, Thailand
Posts: 1,338
Thanks: 363
Thanked 328 Times in 201 Posts
Default
Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Guys,

I have been revamping my new niche site Winning Ways and would be grateful of any constructive critisism. Particularly my Home page which was originally my About page. I am not sure I have done the right thing.

I also have an affiliates page which is where I am promoting PIPS.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Trade without Boundaries.
Start with $30 Trading Bonus.
No Deposit Required
Graham Maddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24th Jan 2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Try A Little Harder Then.
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 160
Thanks: 18
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default
Re: Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

You might try adding the following text, "A loser says, "I don't know." A winner says, "Let's find out."
andrewharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewharrison For This Useful Post:
Unread 24th Jan 2009, 07:43 PM   #3
OffTheWallflowerChild
War Room Member
 
Patrician's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,698
Thanks: 6,331
Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,802 Posts
Default
Re: Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Looks good Graham. Nice and clean...

Patricia Brucoli
Plug-In Profit Site Helpdesk
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrician For This Useful Post:
Unread 24th Jan 2009, 07:51 PM   #4
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 344
Thanks: 43
Thanked 54 Times in 42 Posts
Default
Re: Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Graham, I clicked your lotto picker twice in a row, got the same numbers, then a third time and it just keeps running - still is after about 3-4 minutes as of now - I think you may have bug in the script.

But, what I was going to suggest was that I see one main thing - although I am not clear what the intent of the site is. First, I would have an opt in capture on the main page. You can collect names and offer ecourses or other freebies to build your list, then sell whatever you want as you go. by email, etc...

- numbers still running -
jmidas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmidas For This Useful Post:
Unread 24th Jan 2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Meyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Ada,OK , USA.
Posts: 1,535
Thanks: 108
Thanked 344 Times in 228 Posts
Default
Re: Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hey Graham,

I noticed the links at the bottom in "Useful Links" show the clickbank hoplink. You should cloak them the same way you did the links on top in your menu.

I know it's still under construction so maybe your three boxes,
Games Of Chance, Lady Luck, Games Of Skill aren't finished. I tried to click the bullets but they aren't clickable. I would link them to some affiliate product or website.

One thing I've learned is to focus on a product of your own. In your case a good PLR Ebook on a subject online gamblers need would be great. Link it to a PayPal "Buy Now" button and keep all the money.

Looks like you are doing great with it. Create some excitement and make some money.
Steve

Find out how this guy went from being over $40,000 in debt to having total financial freedom and how you can to.Click Here: Freedom ~
Stephen Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Meyer For This Useful Post:
Unread 25th Jan 2009, 03:37 AM   #6
Graham Maddison
War Room Member
 
Graham Maddison's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Khon kaen, Thailand
Posts: 1,338
Thanks: 363
Thanked 328 Times in 201 Posts
Default
Re: Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by jmidas View Post

Graham, I clicked your lotto picker twice in a row, got the same numbers, then a third time and it just keeps running - still is after about 3-4 minutes as of now - I think you may have bug in the script.

But, what I was going to suggest was that I see one main thing - although I am not clear what the intent of the site is. First, I would have an opt in capture on the main page. You can collect names and offer ecourses or other freebies to build your list, then sell whatever you want as you go. by email, etc...

- numbers still running -
Thanks for alerting me to this.....but everytime I try it there is no problem. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the feedback.

Graham

Trade without Boundaries.
Start with $30 Trading Bonus.
No Deposit Required
Graham Maddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th Jan 2009, 03:42 AM   #7
Graham Maddison
War Room Member
 
Graham Maddison's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Khon kaen, Thailand
Posts: 1,338
Thanks: 363
Thanked 328 Times in 201 Posts
Default
Re: Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Stephen Meyer View Post

Hey Graham,

I noticed the links at the bottom in "Useful Links" show the clickbank hoplink. You should cloak them the same way you did the links on top in your menu.

I know it's still under construction so maybe your three boxes,
Games Of Chance, Lady Luck, Games Of Skill aren't finished. I tried to click the bullets but they aren't clickable. I would link them to some affiliate product or website.

One thing I've learned is to focus on a product of your own. In your case a good PLR Ebook on a subject online gamblers need would be great. Link it to a PayPal "Buy Now" button and keep all the money.

Looks like you are doing great with it. Create some excitement and make some money.
Steve
Thanks Steve for the awesome feedback.

I was a bit rushed last night trying to get the Home page live, so yes there are a few areas of concern, not least of which is the cloaking of my links.

I like the Idea of yours about a good PLR ebook. I will explore that and see where we go.

Many thanks to all who have taken the time to look.

Graham

Trade without Boundaries.
Start with $30 Trading Bonus.
No Deposit Required
Graham Maddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th Jan 2009, 03:44 AM   #8
Graham Maddison
War Room Member
 
Graham Maddison's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Khon kaen, Thailand
Posts: 1,338
Thanks: 363
Thanked 328 Times in 201 Posts
Default
Re: Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

Looks good Graham. Nice and clean...
Thanks Pat,

I am trying to give a professional image ...... trying being the operative word.

thanks for looking.

Graham

Trade without Boundaries.
Start with $30 Trading Bonus.
No Deposit Required
Graham Maddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th Jan 2009, 01:16 PM   #9
VIP Warrior
War Room Member
 
talfighel's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 8,046
Thanks: 125
Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,261 Posts
Default
Re: Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Graham,

I think that it looks very decent. I like your layout and the part where somone can get lottery numbers(Lottery Number Picker).

You did a good job,

Tal

talfighel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th Jan 2009, 02:55 PM   #10
Graham Maddison
War Room Member
 
Graham Maddison's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Khon kaen, Thailand
Posts: 1,338
Thanks: 363
Thanked 328 Times in 201 Posts
Default
Re: Constructive critisism required
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

Graham,

I think that it looks very decent. I like your layout and the part where somone can get lottery numbers(Lottery Number Picker).

You did a good job,

Tal
Thanks Tal,

The lottery no picker was just a novelty but people seem to like it.

I have just added a forum to the site, got a bit of tweeking to do to it yet though.......more work...but i'ts worth it.

Thanks again.

Graham

Trade without Boundaries.
Start with $30 Trading Bonus.
No Deposit Required
Graham Maddison is offline   Reply With Quote


Bookmarks

Tags
constructive, critisism, required


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 PM.