Register Blogs Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 12th Sep 2012, 04:21 AM   #1
Active Warrior
 
michellex's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 30
Thanks: 19
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default
5 Unique Articles
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Has anyone taken advantage of the "5 unique articles" written for you by Dustin Cannon when purchasing a monthly Total Content Domination package?

The reason I ask is Stone mentions on day 22 of the PIPS training, and I'm quoting this here, "If you are a Total Content Domination member, Dustin is throwing in an amazing FREE bonus exclusively for Plug-In Profit Site members to have 5 unique articles written and posted to your blog for you every single week!"

This service is great but my concern is it's NOT UNIQUE!

I just looked at Stone's site Home Business Ideas and Opportunities and the SAME EXACT articles are posted there as I'm seeing on my site.

Not sure that I should continue what I thought was a GREAT service included with TCD or scrap it since now my blog has duplicated content.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
michellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12th Sep 2012, 11:21 AM   #2
OffTheWallflowerChild
War Room Member
 
Patrician's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,698
Thanks: 6,331
Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,802 Posts
Default
Re: 5 Unique Articles
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

It is pretty easy to 're-engineer' (or spin) an article -

* Change the title (keep the keywords)

* Add a sentence to each paragraph

* Add a word here and there to a sentence

* Re-arrange the order of sentences or paragraphs

* Swap synonyms (cash=money; income=profit; business=opportunity; home business=home based business; work at home=working from home

You can make your articles unique.

I am a bit surprised about this because I used to write for Dustin and I had to sign a contract that I would never sell or publish my articles to anyone else. Further some 2-3 years later I asked him if I could use them myself and he said no, never.

I will discuss this issue with him and Stone - Since it costs about $10 each for a unique article on average @ free it is still a good deal and you should take advantage of them.

Patricia Brucoli
Plug-In Profit Site Helpdesk
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12th Sep 2012, 12:07 PM   #3
OffTheWallflowerChild
War Room Member
 
Patrician's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,698
Thanks: 6,331
Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,802 Posts
Default
Re: 5 Unique Articles
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

p.s. I have talked to Dustin and he assures me that Total Content Domination articles are one-of-a -kind "Unique" articles and that this offer from Stone is something completely different.

I still need to talk to Stone who will probably re-word his offer not to use the word 'unique' for this new bonus.

Patricia Brucoli
Plug-In Profit Site Helpdesk
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12th Sep 2012, 12:41 PM   #4
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Dustin Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 270
Thanks: 1
Thanked 70 Times in 38 Posts
Default
Re: 5 Unique Articles
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

The 5 PLR articles per week Michelle is referring to have absolutely nothing to do with Total Content Domination. Stone asked if I could post daily articles to PIPS member websites and I said I could do it as a bonus for TCD members but those articles are not part of the TCD program. If anyone does not want the daily articles posed to their blog they can certainly opt out of that.

All content produced for a TCD client is unique and written for the customer and never sold again. Total Content Domination is getting some of the best results we have ever gotten in the last 4-6 months. Our new strategy of creating a network of web 2.0 properties for client is working really well. Here is a video showing some of those results.


Dustin Cannon
Total Content Domination - The Automated Article Marketing Service That Guarantees Top Search Engine Placement And Includes One Click Social Media Marketing!
Dustin Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dustin Cannon For This Useful Post:
Unread 12th Sep 2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
Posts: 2,593
Thanks: 2
Thanked 109 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: 5 Unique Articles
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Michelle,

Good catch! I'm sorry about that. I wrote the word "unique" a few different times on that training day and must have been on a roll I couldn't stop when I said that about the articles Dustin adds to your site as a free bonus.

I just updated the training (Day 22) to clarify the service that Dustin provides.

Even though the articles are not unique, they also aren't used by a ton of people and I still find the service valuable to have my site updated for me several times per week.

I also find that some of the articles Dustin posts to get listed in the search engines and do attract extra traffic to my site. As I say in the training, it's another "fishing line in the water" and when you get a whole bunch of those out there, you're likely to start catching some fish (getting traffic, making sales).

Another option is to take the articles Dustin posts on your site and do what Pat suggests and make some changes to them to make them more unique. You are definitely free to do that. There are also services such as: Free Article Spinner - Article Spinning Software that can help you take your existing articles and make them more unique. Personally, I recommend going through the article yourself and making it your own by adding your own language and personality to it, and removing things you wouldn't say and replacing them with things you would say... :-)

Anyway, I hope this helps and thank you very much for pointing this out so that I can make the necessary correction to the training.

Best regards,

Stone Evans

stone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stone For This Useful Post:
Unread 12th Sep 2012, 03:46 PM   #6
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Dustin Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 270
Thanks: 1
Thanked 70 Times in 38 Posts
Default
Re: 5 Unique Articles
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thanks Stone. I agree it is better to post the shared articles to your blog that not and you will not get penalized. There are some big misconceptions about the issue of Duplicate content. I did a video explaining this a few years ago. I hope it helps.

Dustin Cannon
Total Content Domination - The Automated Article Marketing Service That Guarantees Top Search Engine Placement And Includes One Click Social Media Marketing!
Dustin Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dustin Cannon For This Useful Post:
Unread 13th Sep 2012, 06:51 AM   #7
Active Warrior
 
michellex's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 30
Thanks: 19
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default
Re: 5 Unique Articles
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

It is pretty easy to 're-engineer' (or spin) an article -

* Change the title (keep the keywords)

* Add a sentence to each paragraph

* Add a word here and there to a sentence

* Re-arrange the order of sentences or paragraphs

* Swap synonyms (cash=money; income=profit; business=opportunity; home business=home based business; work at home=working from home

You can make your articles unique.

I am a bit surprised about this because I used to write for Dustin and I had to sign a contract that I would never sell or publish my articles to anyone else. Further some 2-3 years later I asked him if I could use them myself and he said no, never.

I will discuss this issue with him and Stone - Since it costs about $10 each for a unique article on average @ free it is still a good deal and you should take advantage of them.
I'm familiar with "changing up" an article and my concern wasn't with Total Content Domination, it's with the FREE bonus articles added to my blog. These articles are automatically published to my site so I'd have to go to admin and change it to draft and then redo the article and republish it. Not interested in doing that. I love the fact that it's an "automatic" thing that I don't have to worry about.

My initial thought was "if Stone's doing it, I'll just do it too!" We'll see how it works.

As for Total Content Domination, I love the service and will continue using it for at least 3 months. I'm going to venture that it'll increase my traffic and if so, I'll use the service indefinitely.
michellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13th Sep 2012, 06:53 AM   #8
Active Warrior
 
michellex's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 30
Thanks: 19
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default
Re: 5 Unique Articles
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Dustin Cannon View Post

The 5 PLR articles per week Michelle is referring to have absolutely nothing to do with Total Content Domination. Stone asked if I could post daily articles to PIPS member websites and I said I could do it as a bonus for TCD members but those articles are not part of the TCD program. If anyone does not want the daily articles posed to their blog they can certainly opt out of that.

All content produced for a TCD client is unique and written for the customer and never sold again. Total Content Domination is getting some of the best results we have ever gotten in the last 4-6 months. Our new strategy of creating a network of web 2.0 properties for client is working really well. Here is a video showing some of those results.

Proof Content Marketing With Web 2.0 Properties Works - YouTube
I never questioned your service, Dustin. My concern was ONLY with the FREE bonus articles to my blog. I do value the service you offer and plan on keeping TCD and the free bonus. Thanks!
michellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13th Sep 2012, 06:55 AM   #9
Active Warrior
 
michellex's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 30
Thanks: 19
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default
Re: 5 Unique Articles
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by stone View Post

Hi Michelle,

Good catch! I'm sorry about that. I wrote the word "unique" a few different times on that training day and must have been on a roll I couldn't stop when I said that about the articles Dustin adds to your site as a free bonus.

I just updated the training (Day 22) to clarify the service that Dustin provides.

Even though the articles are not unique, they also aren't used by a ton of people and I still find the service valuable to have my site updated for me several times per week.

I also find that some of the articles Dustin posts to get listed in the search engines and do attract extra traffic to my site. As I say in the training, it's another "fishing line in the water" and when you get a whole bunch of those out there, you're likely to start catching some fish (getting traffic, making sales).

Another option is to take the articles Dustin posts on your site and do what Pat suggests and make some changes to them to make them more unique. You are definitely free to do that. There are also services such as: Free Article Spinner - Article Spinning Software that can help you take your existing articles and make them more unique. Personally, I recommend going through the article yourself and making it your own by adding your own language and personality to it, and removing things you wouldn't say and replacing them with things you would say... :-)

Anyway, I hope this helps and thank you very much for pointing this out so that I can make the necessary correction to the training.

Best regards,

Stone Evans
Yes, that helps! Thanks, Stone!
michellex is offline   Reply With Quote


Bookmarks

Tags
articles, unique, unique articles


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 PM.