is it just me that sees the vast majority of websites are nofollow ? How will we get ranked ?

15 replies
  • SEO
  • |
While building links everyday , I am noticing that a lot of the websites are NOFOLLOW. There are some do-follow but they're really kinda rare . How is Google expecting websites to rank like that ?!!

There are times when I wonder if Google does not fool us into believing that no-follow links do not get us ranked when they in fact do , so that they can actually rank the people who post with no intention of getting backlinks so they know it's a really natural post .. What do you guys think ? It's ridiculous how almost everything is no follow ?
#majority #nofollow #ranked #sees #vast #websites
  • Profile picture of the author salmanqureshi
    dofollow is is best..
    Signature

    [URL="commercepk.com"]Learn Accounting, Auditing,Mangaement,Maketing Banking and many more.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9674542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mase857
      Originally Posted by salmanqureshi View Post

      dofollow is is best..
      that is not what my question was !! duh I know dofollow links matter
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675749].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by mase857 View Post

        While building links everyday , I am noticing that a lot of the websites are NOFOLLOW. There are some do-follow but they're really kinda rare . How is Google expecting websites to rank like that ?!!

        There are times when I wonder if Google does not fool us into believing that no-follow links do not get us ranked when they in fact do , so that they can actually rank the people who post with no intention of getting backlinks so they know it's a really natural post .. What do you guys think ? It's ridiculous how almost everything is no follow ?
        There's tons of followed links out there, you just need to learn how to find them. Look at your competition link profiles. Repeat for similar keywords, even If they're too competitive keywords for you to target, look at their link profiles. Repeat...








        Originally Posted by salmanqureshi View Post

        dofollow is is best..
        Originally Posted by mase857 View Post

        that is not what my question was !! duh I know dofollow links matter
        Lol you got hit with some India sig spam. I'm sure someone will clean it up.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675762].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rooks N Kings
        Originally Posted by mase857 View Post

        that is not what my question was !! duh I know dofollow links matter
        Prolly a spam account me thinks. Prolly just commenting on shit.

        Originally Posted by mase857 View Post

        While building links everyday , I am noticing that a lot of the websites are NOFOLLOW. There are some do-follow but they're really kinda rare . How is Google expecting websites to rank like that ?!!

        There are times when I wonder if Google does not fool us into believing that no-follow links do not get us ranked when they in fact do , so that they can actually rank the people who post with no intention of getting backlinks so they know it's a really natural post .. What do you guys think ? It's ridiculous how almost everything is no follow ?
        How are you locating websites to put your links on? Here are a few tips on how to find relevant blogs with 'dofollow' links:

        1.) Find and Pull Method - While this in it's self isn't how to find 'dofollow' allowing blogs you can use this as a supplement with your link building campaigns. I have a lot of luck with at least 20-30% of these being 'dofollow' as well. For this strategy to work you'll need to find out about new posts on websites in your niche as they are posted. Create Google alerts for this. You will be notified via email as soon as someone makes a new post relevant to the search queries you make alerts for. (your niche)

        You can se more here about Creating Google Alerts

        2.) Search for blogs in your niche that might potentially have do follow links. You can use Google operators and Google Dorks to scour Google for blogs in your niche that allow commenting. You can query for things like the following:

        "your keyword" + "leave a reply"
        or
        "your keyword" + "leave a comment"

        This query will pull up all sites with your search query (use your niche) that have commenting turned on. You can further fine tune the search query for your specific needs.

        Hope this helps and good luck.

        RNK
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9676375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jezter6
    Think for a second - why would webmasters design a system where links are nofollow?

    Likely because they don't control the content. IE - people spamming their blogs, forums, and other "user generated content" type sites.

    If you want good links, you have to go to a place where the owner of the website controls the content and can safely gauge if linking to your page is in the best interest of their website - not yours.

    Those are the places where other people (owners/writers/whatever) link to you because you have either provided content worthy of a natural link, or you're paying them for placement.

    But hey, keep listening to all those "experts" who can't even write a decent reply but advertise cheap Fiverr gigs for blasts of crappy blog links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9676398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rooks N Kings
    Also some things that are important to note:

    Content Links - The most valuable types of links are content links. These are links in the article it's self where the author willfully links to you. Not in a comment, footer, or partners menu. (Theres another name for this but I can not recall it)

    Quantity of Links on Page - If there are already many links on the page the vale of your link is diminished.

    Diminishing Returns - There are also diminishing returns on backlinks from one domain. More than one link to your page/site from a single external (or internal as well I think) page will result in diminishing returns.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9676514].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Rooks N Kings View Post

      Also some things that are important to note:

      Content Links - The most valuable types of links are content links. These are links in the article it's self where the author willfully links to you. Not in a comment, footer, or partners menu. (Theres another name for this but I can not recall it)
      The word your looking for is contextual (link).

      The problem with the theory is the internet doesn't use a cookie cutter webpage. Any link inside a <body> tag could be considered a contextual link assuming the page isn't HTML5 with semantic markup in the source code.

      Example:
      • <article>
      • <aside>
      • <details>
      • <figcaption>
      • <figure>
      • <footer>
      • <header>
      • <main>
      • <mark>
      • <nav>
      • <section>
      • <summary>
      • <time>

      HTML5 is still relatively new considering the age of the web. There's still millions of old school webpages that don't us structured markup in their source code to give Google hints on the location of a link, again, anything inside a <body> tag would be fair game. Millions of webpages will never have an article, but they'll still have outbound links.

      The definition of context is:

      The parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.
      So... an anchor-text link could easily be preceded by an <h> tag text (example) & followed with something like an image alt-text (example). My point is content isn't only an article, it's any text that's on the page.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9676667].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mase857
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        The word your looking for is contextual (link).

        The problem with the theory is the internet doesn't use a cookie cutter webpage. Any link inside a <body> tag could be considered a contextual link assuming the page isn't HTML5 with semantic markup in the source code.

        Example:
        • <article>
        • <aside>
        • <details>
        • <figcaption>
        • <figure>
        • <footer>
        • <header>
        • <main>
        • <mark>
        • <nav>
        • <section>
        • <summary>
        • <time>

        HTML5 is still relatively new considering the age of the web. There's still millions of old school webpages that don't us structured markup in their source code to give Google hints on the location of a link, again, anything inside a <body> tag would be fair game. Millions of webpages will never have an article, but they'll still have outbound links.

        The definition of context is:



        So... an anchor-text link could easily be preceded by an <h> tag text (example) & followed with something like an image alt-text (example). My point is content isn't only an article, it's any text that's on the page.
        Yukon , thank you so much for your contribution , I'll definitely take your advise ... Another question ... Don't most high traffic websites get their traffic from search engines ? Aren't search engines the main driving force of most successful sites ? I know social sites do play a role too , but isn't Google and other search engines the main provider of traffic ? Can search engines provide a million visitors a day for very successful sites ?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9677128].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by mase857 View Post

          Yukon , thank you so much for your contribution , I'll definitely take your advise ... Another question ... Don't most high traffic websites get their traffic from search engines ? Aren't search engines the main driving force of most successful sites ? I know social sites do play a role too , but isn't Google and other search engines the main provider of traffic ? Can search engines provide a million visitors a day for very successful sites ?
          My first site started out with niche forum traffic, I went a year before I cared about SEO, the site was successful before I started SEO. Today my traffic for that first site is about a 50/50 mix of SERP traffic & other traffic sources (ex: same niche forum traffic, etc...).

          I'm sure any site with a million unique traffic per day would be random traffic (ex: Facebook). It's not easy converting random traffic into sales unless you have very detailed info. on their demographics (ex: volunteer Facebook profiles). I'm sure Facebook traffic started out by word of mouth & not SERP traffic, mostly the herd migration from MySpace.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9677535].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author mase857
            Originally Posted by yukon View Post

            My first site started out with niche forum traffic, I went a year before I cared about SEO, the site was successful before I started SEO. Today my traffic for that first site is about a 50/50 mix of SERP traffic & other traffic sources (ex: same niche forum traffic, etc...).

            I'm sure any site with a million unique traffic per day would be random traffic (ex: Facebook). It's not easy converting random traffic into sales unless you have very detailed info. on their demographics (ex: volunteer Facebook profiles). I'm sure Facebook traffic started out by word of mouth & not SERP traffic, mostly the herd migration from MySpace.
            Wow ... good for you ... How many visitors are you getting from the search engines on your first successful site ? 10,000 users a day ? Where else do you manage to get traffic from ? social media sites ? I'm glad your site got to be successful ? Is it successful enough for you to work full time on it ? That's what my vision for my site is .
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9678183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMLab
    Although "dofollow" relevant quality backlinks tend to give more power than "nofollow", The latter still gives some credits in Google's records.

    In fact, you must get both types of backlinks for creating a natural link profile.
    Signature
    Our SEO Website: Labinator.com
    Complete Link Building Guide For 2016: Click Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9677418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tophyips
    I think the reason why a page has nofollow links is to avoid of being penalize due to scam links. I would say Google only consider the dofollow links to rank a page. Getting dofollow links is kind of trust, so it better fight to get them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9677494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dewalds86
    There are many dofollow blogs, forums, and social bookmarking sites ou there. You just have to know how to search with Google. Our site example has 700 dofollow back links and about 30 no-follow back links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9677573].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by dewalds86 View Post

      There are many dofollow blogs, forums, and social bookmarking sites ou there. You just have to know how to search with Google. Our site example has 700 dofollow back links and about 30 no-follow back links.
      Forums are horrible for SEO links, the forum threads usually grow too fast which means an authority forum thread will have a bunch of paginated pages where your link will be on a page that will never have any backlinks pointing directly at the paginated page. Nofollow is usually standard for most authority forums to try and reduce link spam.

      Use forums for direct same niche traffic (targeted traffic), not backlinks for SEO.

      Bookmarking is as useless as forum profile links (zero supporting links).
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9677583].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mase857
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Forums are horrible for SEO links, the forum threads usually grow too fast which means an authority forum thread will have a bunch of paginated pages where your link will be on a page that will never have any backlinks pointing directly at the paginated page. Nofollow is usually standard for most authority forums to try and reduce link spam.

        Use forums for direct same niche traffic (targeted traffic), not backlinks for SEO.

        Bookmarking is as useless as forum profile links (zero supporting links).

        The way I am trying to get my links is going through the comptetitor's alexa link profile and get the same links for me as well ... Am I doing it wrong ? what are the best sources of backlinks then ? I've been doing directories that are do follow , forums , and a few articles ... I got those links from the profiles on alexa .. am I on the right path ? I'm starting to see results but I want more . I'm going to start implementing facebook advertising and target new users geographically ..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9678187].message }}

Trending Topics