Cold calling to set up SEO deals?

17 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Do you think it's a good strategy to get a list of thousands of businesses and try cold calling them to set up SEO deals? Outsource the SEO to a reputable but cheaper company and take your profit. How hard is it to generate sales from cold calling nowadays?
#calling #cold #deals #seo #set
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Kruz
    Cold calling can work if you are good at it, but there's an easier way to get SEO clients.

    Go to Craigslist or your local Classifieds website and put up ads.

    Have a eye catching title and include a good image(s).

    Make sure the content of your ad isn't too long, people don't like to read that much lol.
    Just keep it short and sweet.

    Hope this helps
    Signature
    ----> LIMITED!! [FREE REPORT] How To Generate 1,200 Visitors A Day FREE! <----

    Step-By-Step Traffic System :: Free For Limited Time!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9741971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author redarrows
    You dont even need to do that, there thousands of lead programs that can help to increase sales in minutes.

    you will provably earn a lot more cash if you use a professional video crater,and get you seo business published on youtube.(i have seen million hits a day on you tube adventures, if you get 10 percent as work that 10.000 clients a day (good viral videos))
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9742066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dalvarezss11
    What's up buddy,

    A better to do cold calling and has been found to be extremely effective is already having set-up websites that are ranking for your keywords and then including in your pitch:

    "Listen, I already have this and this site ranking for the specific keyword or niche your business is delegated to. We can workout a deal where I'd rent you the website for $x,xxx/m so you can see your traffic pile-up and your business sales increment exponentially. Sounds good?"

    Or some variation of that. Best of luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9742074].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author samjaynz
      Originally Posted by dalvarezss11 View Post

      What's up buddy,

      A better to do cold calling and has been found to be extremely effective is already having set-up websites that are ranking for your keywords and then including in your pitch:

      "Listen, I already have this and this site ranking for the specific keyword or niche your business is delegated to. We can workout a deal where I'd rent you the website for ,xxx/m so you can see your traffic pile-up and your business sales increment exponentially. Sounds good?"

      Or some variation of that. Best of luck!
      This guy gets it...

      Think about it - if you're so great at SEO, why would you need to be calling people up to get more business?

      Surely you'd already have enough coming in through your well-ranking sites to get by.

      Cold calling CAN work but it's a real numbers game. Much better off to be strategic about it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9753054].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
        Originally Posted by samjaynz View Post

        This guy gets it...

        Think about it - if you're so great at SEO, why would you need to be calling people up to get more business?

        Surely you'd already have enough coming in through your well-ranking sites to get by.

        Cold calling CAN work but it's a real numbers game. Much better off to be strategic about it.
        It's ALL a numbers game. Absolutely EVERYTHING you do.

        I for one hope my competitors take your advice and just wait to rank a website and depend only on search engine traffic in order to have revenue. For me, I'd much rather have inbound calls and be using outbound methods to generate leads while waiting for the inbound calls to come in.

        You know what's funny? Hubspot who preaches all about inbound marketing, has a team of cold callers. LOL. Why do you think that is?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9753340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author manojbhai424
    If you want to convert cold calling in seo than according to me you have post some inserting as well as good blog post . some classified and also increase your keyword ranking on this behalf of factor you can convert into seo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9742986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikesmithnew
    Cold calling will be difficult now. If you are planning to generate SEO leads, you need to SEO your website first. Everyone will check the ranking of your domain before they commit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9743079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisv24
    I would give it a go if I were you. It's unlikely that someone will convert there and then over the phone. If you are offering low cost services $100 per month it could be that they'll say yes over the phone, but for a more substantial commitment they might want to speak face to face. I'd go in with the intention of setting up a face to face meeting or a Skype video call.

    Have a look online for some scripts to get you pointed in the right direction.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9743146].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seoboyz01
      Originally Posted by chrisv24 View Post

      I would give it a go if I were you. It's unlikely that someone will convert there and then over the phone. If you are offering low cost services $100 per month it could be that they'll say yes over the phone, but for a more substantial commitment they might want to speak face to face. I'd go in with the intention of setting up a face to face meeting or a Skype video call.

      Have a look online for some scripts to get you pointed in the right direction.
      People are doing cold calls online all the time, during that first meeting with a potential SEO prospect. The key to landing those contracts is to prove you worth that money. And, it doesn't have to be a small sum such as $100, it could be $1000 or whatever money you are charging.

      Do you have customer reviews/testimonials to prove you can do what you say you can for that person's site ranking? What keywords does your site rank for? How credible is your service? Answer these questions for the person you are talking with (on phone/Skype/via chat, etc, or in person) and you will land the deal with your customer. It all comes down to salesmanship, selling your own worth to the customer, closing that sale.
      Signature
      Google DOMINATION SEO service - Take your site 1st page of Google.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9765451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LABEShops
    I don't know about anyone else, but I never do business with someone that cold calls me. I consider it spam, say "not interested" and hang up. If I want to hire someone, I'll do the searching and research into their company to decide if they are someone I might want to work with and call them. Otherwise I see it as a waste of time and think they must either be 1) new or 2) desperate to call me out of the blue.
    Signature

    Owner of LABEShops.com & 20+ Niche Online Stores as well as Scifispace.com and other sites. Recommended Host: Evolve

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9743759].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by LABEShops View Post

      I don't know about anyone else, but I never do business with someone that cold calls me. I consider it spam, say "not interested" and hang up. If I want to hire someone, I'll do the searching and research into their company to decide if they are someone I might want to work with and call them. Otherwise I see it as a waste of time and think they must either be 1) new or 2) desperate to call me out of the blue.
      This year a sales person making 20% commission for me, no base pay, has brought in $60,000. That's not 60K in sales, that's 60k take home pay.

      Whether you feel it is spam or not, is irrelevant when it comes down to "does it work".

      Nearly every major corporation in the USA has cold callers.

      Cold calling sucks... Nobody likes doing it but businesses have been built by cold calling and for most people starting out, it's one of the most effective ways when you consider time and cost effectiveness.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9744953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misshang
    @iAmNameless So your sales person use cold calling to promote your business? I used to think it's traditional door to door or affiliate thing. Thanks for sharing.
    Signature

    Join or use my translation group! All languages!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/134837913843675/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9745533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Do not listen to the pussies on this forum who do not have the balls to pick up the phone. That is the only reason they are saying it is not a good idea. They have never done it because they are afraid to. It is a perfectly legit way to get clients. Difficult, and not for those who are afraid to hear the word 'no', but perfectly viable.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9746162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author unikbit
    you simply NEED to do cold calling because people/businesses simply dont think some thngs can be done. For some of them is not very clear what would be the benefits and so on. YOU NEED TO DO IT
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9753612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    The perceptions of some people!

    I don't even have a web site that promotes me as a SEO agency and I get clients!

    Three ways:
    Cold calling
    Email
    Paid Ads

    They never care if I don't do anything to get results for myself. Once I show them results for other clients and case studies it's game over.

    Nathan said:
    You know what's funny? Hubspot who preaches all about inbound marketing, has a team of cold callers. LOL. Why do you think that is?
    Because the RIO is far better and inbound marketing for our types of services is utter B.S.

    P.S. This thread belongs in the "OFFLINE" section of the forums.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9753766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author unikbit
    is funny that if you want to bring a client online you need to go offline... so don't forget to knock next door to you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9764542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmanD
    I do know people who do this successfully, but I'd hate to have to earn my money this way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9766136].message }}

Trending Topics