The first step is to add your business on Google Maps, so people in your city can find i.
But, we cannot forget other search engines and social networks:
• Facebook (social network)
• Yelp (social network)
• Yahoo (search engine)
• Bing (search engine)
To have a better control of those social networks that will posicionate yourself to improve your local SEO, you should try Yext. This useful tool will show you where you should register your business.
Factors to Rank
There are some features and facts that you have to know to get your business to rank in search engines. Local SEO acquire more relevance if you are with in the Distance of the person search and how Prominence you are with in that area.
1) When you adds your business on Google +, he should be sure that he registers in the proper category. This is very important!
2) You always want your business' physical address and phone number to appear in Google Maps.
3) Add your business to structured citations. These are local provides* that shows your name, address, and phone number, as well as your link. Structured citations are very useful for Yelp, Tripadvisor, Yahoo Local, Google Maps, etc.
4) Create an entire page or at least one part of your landing page in HTML, where you show your name, address, and phone number.
5) You have to verify your local business. How? By making your user an administrator of the local business.
6) The Google Knowledge Graph box is very important, as it shows your reviews, phone number, hours, and address.
7) Google Carousel is the black box that appears at the top of a Google search and shows images of your product, service, or brand.
8) Another useful local SEO feature is the "Click to Call" button. Google provides this button in mobile searches; and it allows people to click and immediately phone your business.
6) You should have your city in your landing page title. This is a very useful technique for local SEO; and it will help your click rate.
7) The proximity of your business's location to the center of your city. Did you mean something like this: "To find your city's center, simply perform an online search. For example, you can search for "X, San Franciso"; and the red bubble that appear is the center of the city.
8) The quality and quantity of the reviews that people left at Google Plus, it is very important to have more positives reviews than negatives.
9)The product/service's keyword in the business title. SEMrush can help you discover the correct keyword to use, they allow us analyse what Kewords are using the competence for SEO.
10) The quantity of citations from locally relevant domains, and also high authority citations from industry relevant domains.
11) Always include your area code with your phone number
12) Include your city and state in most of your website's title tags
13) Always consider the quantity of your third-party reviews on Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google, etc.
I hope that this be a helpful resource to those that need some help in Local SEO.