What Are These Domains Worth For You

by nik0 Banned
22 replies
  • SEO
  • |
This can be funny, especially for people that sell domains based on external metrics:

Domain 1: 1 PR4 link (400 OBL)

Domain 2: 1 PR3 link (189 OBL)

Domain 3: 2 PR3 links (40 and 400 OBL)

Domain 4: 1 PR3 link (140 OBL) + 2 PR2 (15 OBL)

Domain 5: 1 PR1 link (14 OBL)

Domain 6: 2 PR2 links (8 and 30 OBL) + 2 PR1 (15 and 75 OBL)

Domain 7: 4 PR3 (1500 OBL/each) + 2 PR2 (45 OBL/each)

Mentioned links are live and dofollow.

What are such domains worth it for you? This is not too sell just to teach a simple lesson, I will later on reveal the Moz / Ahrefs / Majestic SEO metrics.
#domains #worth
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    First off your premise is dead wrong. Not all sellers who use updating metrics (unlike PR that will never update again it seems) sell BASED solely on the metrics. Anyone doing that for ANY metric including PR has issues as they are ALL now very suspect.

    Second I think its fair to say based on questons you have in other threads that you really don't quite undrstand yet how to use the various metrics. Right now I use a blend of several metrics DA, TF ratio of TF to CF with even Mozrank and then check the backlinks or each with PR (for the time being). I have to see multiple PR3 or higher links to buy. I'll list third party metric s on a domain because right now saying a domain is a PR 3 or a PR4 is a joke. It means even less than even a spammed DA or PA which at least will have some kind of link.

    Thousands of PR 3s and PR4s in circulation have NO LINKS whatsoever. Selling on PR is already partly and is becoming daily even more so - a scam.

    Anyway to answer your question none of them would get a second look from me perhaps for number 7 but the OBL is too high but if you are using majestic backlink data I'd hope you are using both the fresh and the historical index (historic often has a bunch of live links that for some reason don;t show up in fresh)

    I've seen dog's that turned into good domains by switching the index. I switch the setting in RDDZ only if theres some sign of life in the fresh index. Lol since we re talking this much about domains I might have to finally finish my next version PBN course
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819507].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      First off your premise is dead wrong. Not all sellers who use updating metrics (unlike PR that will never update again it seems) sell BASED solely on the metrics. Anyone doing that for ANY metric including PR has issues as they are ALL now very suspect.

      Second I think its fair to say based on questons you have in other threads that you really don't quite undrstand yet how to use the various metrics. Right now I use a blend of several metrics DA, TF ratio of TF to CF with even Mozrank and then check the backlinks or each with PR (for the time being). I have to see multiple PR3 or higher links to buy. I'll list third party metric s on a domain because right now saying a domain is a R or a PR4 is a joke. It means even less than even a spammed DA or PA which at least will have some kind of link.

      hundreds of PR 3s and PR4s in circulation have NO LINKS whatsoever.

      Anyway to answer your question none of them would get a second look from me perhaps for number 7 but the OBL is too high but if you are using majestic backlink data I'd hope you are using both the fresh and the historical index (historic often has a bunch of live links that for some reason don;t show up in fresh)

      I've seen dog's that turned into good domains by switching the index. I switch the setting in RDDZ only if theres some sign of life in the fresh index. Lol since we re talking this much about domains I might have to finally finish my next version PBN course
      I have a pretty good grasp of evaluating domains, but it's clear that most other metrics are wrong more often then they are right.

      To reveal early on, the following metrics which apply to all of them:

      CF>10
      TF>15
      DA>20
      MozRank>3
      MozTrust>3
      Ahrefs Rank>40

      My point is people are selling it as such, with zero mention about PR of the backlinks and see what a bunch of crap you can end up with. These domains are nearly 3 years old btw and about to expire so obvious there are no new gained links (they might be even more weak due to PR not being updated),

      I bet people pick it up and sell it for $40-$80 based on those metrics.

      Besides, to come back on the other thread about PR n/a and TF20+, a lot of these above mentioned domains haven't gained a zero link like I said, still there was a large amount of TF20+ links among them, and those links are 3+ years old. How'd you explain that? You can't, the metrics are completely off chart.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819534].message }}
      • Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

        I bet people pick it up and sell it for $40-$80 based on those metrics.
        This would be a fair price for the metrics. Given your metrics and added the fact that the domains don't have a spammed anchor text cloud with a respectable number of referring domains, I would invest the $40 to test them out.

        Some reputable expired domain brokering sites are selling domains based on these metrics along with no mention of PR. Their price is around the $40+ range aswell.

        - Glen Alsopp's (ViperChill.com) - DomainBoy.com
        - Lewis Ogden's (CloudIncome.com) - DomainHaul.com
        - Hayden Miyamoto's (NoHatDigital.com) - DomainJawa.com (Not 100% sure it's his)
        - Jon Haver's (AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com) - AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com


        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        even without the 301 redirect you are going on faith that the internal PR at google hasn't changed downward in a year and a half (which was when the data goes back to from the last PR update.).
        Didn't knew PR hasn't been undated for that long ! Didn't even knew what SEO was back then.
        I thought it's been only 6 months or so..
        Although, I always look for green lights from the metrics I asked for in the first post I made on this thread, but certainly PR was somewhere at the back of my head .. thanks for the tip off!
        Signature

        Sig in the making ...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819555].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by Chaudhary Daniyal View Post

          This would be a fair price for the metrics. Given your metrics and added the fact that the domains don't have a spammed anchor text cloud with a respectable number of referring domains, I would invest the $40 to test them out.
          See this market is so funny now and on this Nik0 has it right. I could find and sell those all day long if I didn't require any PR links. Maybe I need to adjust my standards because that price range is what I sold at but I get backlogged sometimes because I have refused domains without multiple PR3 links at least.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819570].message }}
          • Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            See this market is so funny now and on this Nik0 has it right. I could find and sell those all day long if I didn't require any PR links. Maybe I need to adjust my standards because that price range is what I sold at but I get backlogged sometimes because I have refused domains without multiple PR3 links at least.
            Again, I made this point thinking that the domain was a PR 4 with quality links and decent metrics altogether. But since it's just a single PR4 link, I wouldn't bother with it since it's like you said, sites get lucked out on 1 link of authority and when the lose that they become worthless.

            Like I said, all my arguments were based on the wrong assumption of the fact that the domains have a PR instead of a PR link.
            Signature

            Sig in the making ...

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819588].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by Chaudhary Daniyal View Post

              Like I said, all my arguments were based on the wrong assumption of the fact that the domains have a PR instead of a PR link.
              I get you but I think your point of what other sellers are selling with no reference to PR might have some validity. For now I don't think I would buy a domain with no PR links but heres the thing - Google is probably going to turn of the PR toolbar soon and that will all go away anyway. We all will have no choice then.

              Heres the other thing. Nik0 is claiming that noobs are getting ripped by just going off metrics alone and I would totally agree but the opposite MUST also be happening also. People buying on those metrics are also at times getting GREAT deals (its just to come up with a system to find out which).

              Heres why

              Every single blog post/ page created in the last year and a half shows nothing but a N/A. Even stories that went viral, are on high authority sites one hop from the home page and that got tons of links still show N/A even though the value of those pages in internal PR have sky rocketed.

              back when Pr used to update it was nothing for a page to go from PR 1 to PR 3 in 3 months or PR 3 to PR 5 in 6 months. The web is now filled with pages with high authority that still show PR n/a or a lower PR than they really are in a backlink check. Ad to that websites that redesigned, restructured their URls or that added navigation links changing the flow of juice and you have probably millions of pages or at least hunreds of thousands with good link juice that show as N/A

              Thats only going to get worse as every month goes along so it might be time to start looking at other things besides the PR of the links if you want to get some steals in domains with real linking power.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819618].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nik0
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Chaudhary Daniyal View Post

          This would be a fair price for the metrics. Given your metrics and added the fact that the domains don't have a spammed anchor text cloud with a respectable number of referring domains, I would invest the $40 to test them out.

          Some reputable expired domain brokering sites are selling domains based on these metrics along with no mention of PR. Their price is around the $40+ range aswell.

          - Glen Alsopp's (ViperChill.com) - DomainBoy.com
          - Lewis Ogden's (CloudIncome.com) - DomainHaul.com
          - Hayden Miyamoto's (NoHatDigital.com) - https://www.domainjawa.com (Not 100% sure it's his)
          - Jon Haver's (AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com) - AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
          No $40 is not a fair price, you can pick these up for $10 at any registrar.

          All of the above sell similar garbage domains, just cause a bunch of gurus like to ripoff unaware newbees doesn't automatically mean it's worth it or a market confirm price.

          EDIT: Just read your other post where you assumed it was a PR4 domain

          Anyway, only way to find out if a link is worth something is PR right now, waiting for someone that launches a tool that grabs the root PR of a domain and calculates how many levels deep the backlink page is from the root domain.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819917].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            LOL.....actually didn't look at the URLs to the sellers he mentioned. My eyes skipped over it thinking it was a sig.

            YEP.... quite a bit of garbage at those places but you know what ...Quite a few of them you don't need PR to tell. You can even look at Moz metrics on the links. Usually anything below 20-25 PA is garbage. Stuff above can be faked of course

            Pretty bad even checking the links by PA

            So though those are garbage I will disagree - You can tell garbage a lot of the time without PR and we are all are going to have to teach ourselves to do it without PR.

            Use PR on the links myself but am already figuring out ways without PR.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819988].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nik0
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              So though those are garbage I will disagree - You can tell garbage a lot of the time without PR and we are all are going to have to teach ourselves to do it without PR.

              Use PR on the links myself but am already figuring out ways without PR.
              You're still missing the point but whatever.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9821370].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                You're still missing the point but whatever.
                I know exactly what your point is . I just don't agree with it.
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9822103].message }}
  • Personally, OBL is just one of the metrics I would focus on. Without the Anchor-Text history, you can't really tell whether they're clean domains or spammed.

    Since PR can be manipulated easily by a simple 301 redirect, can't really be sure of the PR and whether the links are good enough to justify the PR. Moreover, no information on the referring domains either.

    Based on just the PR, I wouldn't even bother naming a price.

    Out of curiosity, what exactly is the point you're trying to make ?!


    EDIT:

    Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

    Anyway to answer your question none of them would get a second look from me perhaps for number 7 but the OBL is too high ...
    Then why does 7 gets a second look from you? Why not any other domain which has an appropriate number of OBL for the named PR ?

    Talking about number 1, the PR 4 with 400 OBL, why not give this a second look? If the Do-Follow links include some really good PR 3-5 links, the PR is justified.. certainly the amount of links don't make up for the PR, but since you've made the point yourself, I'm intrigued why you won't be interested in any other domain?
    Signature

    Sig in the making ...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819508].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Chaudhary Daniyal View Post

      Since PR can be manipulated easily by a simple 301 redirect, can't really be sure of the PR and whether the links are good enough to justify the PR. .
      even without the 301 redirect you are going on faith that the internal PR at google hasn't changed downward in a year and a half (which was when the data goes back to from the last PR update.).

      Out of curiosity, what exactly is the point you're trying to make ?!
      I suspect its to show how the metrics are off but its a bit pointless. Pagerank is not updating so we can only use the metrics we have and learn to use them together to get the most accurate picture.

      The thing is in some cases it will be claimed that the metric is wrong because of the PR links (or lack of them) and the PR is the one thats wrong because its won't show any new authority links acquired in the last year and a half
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819543].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Chaudhary Daniyal View Post

      Personally, OBL is just one of the metrics I would focus on. Without the Anchor-Text history, you can't really tell whether they're clean domains or spammed.

      Since PR can be manipulated easily by a simple 301 redirect, can't really be sure of the PR and whether the links are good enough to justify the PR. Moreover, no information on the referring domains either.

      Based on just the PR, I wouldn't even bother naming a price.
      The domains are clean, with natural backlink profiles, no SEO'd stuff going on, no redirects either, the domains were bought as solid PR3's three years ago, they just lost links over time and are about to expire, others would sell them to unknowing noobs, that's my point.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819545].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Chaudhary Daniyal View Post

      Then why does 7 gets a second look from you? Why not any other domain which has an appropriate number of OBL for the named PR ?
      You missed the word "perhaps" and the second look I would do is switch to the the historic index in majestic to see if there were more links. I am not interested in the "named Pr" but the PR of the backlinks because its unlikely that the links with pr all went down (unless you are talking same referring domain) . Any domain you b uy you buy based on links

      Talking about number 1, the PR 4 with 400 OBL, why not give this a second look?
      because its one link. there are plenty sites that lucked out and got one link of authority. they lose that one link and the domain is toast. However if I see that a site got multiple authority links from more than one referring domain the chances there are more links that might have been missd in the first check increases so I will take another look

      the Do-Follow links include some really good PR 3-5 links, the PR is justified..
      I might have read it wrong but I think you a re confused. Niko is not saying it s a PR4 he's saying it has one PR4 LINK. Having one PR4 link doesn't make it a PR4 domain.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819559].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        I might have read it wrong but I think you a re confused. Niko is not saying it s a PR4 he's saying it has one PR4 LINK. Having one PR4 link doesn't make it a PR4 domain.
        OH! You're right, I read the post wrong.

        I thought nik0's post meant " 1 PR4 Domain (400 OBL) ", instead.. it's its just a "1 PR4 Link"

        My entire arguments is false based on that !

        I understand the points you made in your post now!
        Signature

        Sig in the making ...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819569].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by Chaudhary Daniyal View Post

          OH! You're right, I read the post wrong.
          No worries your contribution has been of interest to me because I think I just might be a little too stringent on my PR requirements given the year and a half without an update.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819579].message }}
          • Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            No worries your contribution has been of interest to me
            Thanks Means alot coming from you...

            Might just give me a couple of ounces of reputation among the SEO's of your and Nik0's calibre here on the forum.
            Signature

            Sig in the making ...

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819606].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by Chaudhary Daniyal View Post

              Might just give me a couple of ounces of reputation among the SEO's of your and Nik0's calibre here on the forum.
              Meh....I wouldn't worry about that anymore. There are so many new people here that rep means little to nothing.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
    You want their worth from their PR and OBL alone?

    Then they are worth zero.

    Without a backlink profile to look at you aren't showing us anything.
    Signature
    A crappy product or service by people that disappear from the forum for a long period of time to make it look like they were working on something so when they come back you will want to click on their crappy product or service link

    CLICK HERE! LOL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I wouldn't give you a penny without seeing the link profiles/URLs.

    Originally Posted by hipeopo02 View Post

    Without a backlink profile to look at you aren't showing us anything.
    Exactly.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9819709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author annewilliams123
    Both outbound and inbound links are important to get website rank. It matters a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9821620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SiteSpeculator
    I do place some value in the "done for you" domain model . . . .
    The "value" in any domain name with ANY metric: age - DA - TF - CF - back link profiles - niche etc. can be both the value of the domain for SEO purposes - AND in the time savings of having someone else track it down - buy it and have it ready for use.

    I personally have lost interest with all the auctions and digging - filtering through all the metrics and backlink history . . . . so - for me - there is some value in NOT having to do all that digging - IF the domains at the end of the day meet the requirements that most everyone on here has mentioned - I like just looking at it once - making my own decision and "Buy it Now" . . . . ;-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9822073].message }}

Trending Topics