31 replies
  • SEO
  • |
My lady has a blog, fashion & beauty related. She had it for about 3 years and it does get some traffic, but nothing really major (I think it's like 2000 visitors per month ). Content is excellent though, she has degree in English literature and journalism. I have examined her blog and the only thing which is missing are backlinks(I think there are only 8 or 10 of those at the moment). Mostly she has written articles or product reviews for pr/marketing departments of major brands.

My question is would it be sensible to take some of these articles and post them on article submission sites in order to get backlinks ? Which ones would you recommend?

Do we have to remove these articles from a blog after we post it on an article submission website?
#article submission sites #blog #domain authority #page rank #question #seo 2015
  • Profile picture of the author habibkhan01
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010303].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LoclBiz
      Originally Posted by habibkhan01 View Post

      Yes, article submission is good idea but you can create backlinks from high page rank sites that will help you to develop that sites very much. If you interested I can help you.

      Mostly I recommended you 2 things

      01. Backlinks to familiar your site on search engines.

      02. Visitors to reach the target.
      You're going to help him? You're going to give him 40 PR-9 back links for $5, huh?

      Why is an apparent scammer allowed to openly sell his BS to people here looking for help?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011619].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
        Originally Posted by LoclBiz View Post

        Why is an apparent scammer allowed to openly sell his BS to people here looking for help?
        Mods don't read through all the threads. They need you to hit that little red triangle.
        Signature
        Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
        Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

        What's your excuse?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011689].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author LoclBiz
          Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

          Mods don't read through all the threads. They need you to hit that little red triangle.
          They delete the post, but the crook is still here.


          You would think this website would be the best one to determine that someone selling 40 PR-9 back links for $5 is a lying scammer.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011728].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
            Originally Posted by LoclBiz View Post

            You would think this website would be the best one to determine that someone selling 40 PR-9 back links for $5 is a lying scammer.
            Welcome to the world of Internet Marketing. It's a bunch of people selling snake oil to each other, and occasionally finding a clueless mark to con.
            Signature
            Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
            Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

            What's your excuse?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011768].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author LoclBiz
              Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

              Welcome to the world of Internet Marketing. It's a bunch of people selling snake oil to each other, and occasionally finding a clueless mark to con.
              Why are people allowed to openly scam other people here? It doesn't make sense.

              For example, I am a member of a firearms forum. If someone comes there trying to sell a very expensive gun for $100, he will be banned as a scammer or a thief.

              But here, it's openly allowed.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011806].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author yukon
                Banned
                Originally Posted by LoclBiz View Post

                Why are people allowed to openly scam other people here? It doesn't make sense.

                For example, I am a member of a firearms forum. If someone comes there trying to sell a very expensive gun for $100, he will be banned as a scammer or a thief.

                But here, it's openly allowed.
                They just don't care which is why this place has become a wasteland of 3rd world hacks.

                My advice is join a private SEO forum where there's zero spammers.
                Signature
                Hi
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wavemaster
    I like using youtube. Take a blog post and create a presentation with it. Push traffic to the video ;-) Do it for different subjects that are relevant to your blog. Watch traffic climb every month. Be consistent do 1 a week.
    Signature

    Rik Rodriguez
    Internet Marketer
    http://rikrodriguez.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010615].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Apra Barua
      You can submit your post links to Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010620].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author fjgust0
        Guys, which article submission websites would you recommend ?

        Do we have to remove the article from the blog prior to adding it to the article submission website in order to avoid duplicate content ?

        Apologies, for stupid questions, but I don't have any experience with article submission websites at all.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011440].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
          Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

          Guys, which article submission websites would you recommend ?
          None of them, but if you must do this try to see that the site isn't just a stinking pile of artificially generated garbage. You know, a site that might be of value to someone.

          Some of the better ones are known as "Press release sites", but there's a lot of crap in those too.

          Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

          Do we have to remove the article from the blog prior to adding it to the article submission website in order to avoid duplicate content ?
          It's not duplicate content unless it's two times on your own site. Some SEOs call this kind of posting "syndication".

          However, if you're placing your article on a site that's more authoritative than yours Google may just think that the piece of content on your site is not needed in the SERPs. They may drop it to supplemental index, meaning the results you only see when you "click this link to see the results that were omitted from the search".
          Signature
          Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
          Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

          What's your excuse?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011683].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author st0nec0ld
          Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

          Guys, which article submission websites would you recommend ?

          Do we have to remove the article from the blog prior to adding it to the article submission website in order to avoid duplicate content ?

          Apologies, for stupid questions, but I don't have any experience with article submission websites at all.
          I believe "duplicate content" applies mainly within a certain site and not on the other site, there is different term for that, I just forgot what it is called. Anyhow, how about not removing the article from the blog and bookmark it instead or rewrite it and point it to the original article.
          Signature

          12BET | Live Casino Malaysia

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012638].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulgl
        Originally Posted by Apra Barua View Post

        You can submit your post links to Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit.
        Those links are worthless.

        Originally Posted by wavemaster View Post

        I like using youtube. Take a blog post and create a presentation with it. Push traffic to the video ;-) Do it for different subjects that are relevant to your blog. Watch traffic climb every month. Be consistent do 1 a week.
        Those are not even links.

        Why send traffic to youtube or any other site? I have no idea what you people smoke, but I want no part of it.

        Why not concentrate on making more articles, better articles, and drum up traffic to those pages?

        And build backlinks on real backlink pages. I can't believe people above have no idea as to where to get backlinks.

        It's late and this forum has plenty of info on real places to get backlinks.

        Paul
        Signature

        If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012705].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author fjgust0
          To sum up, there is quite a bit of controversy in this discussion. Some people say that article submission websites are useless. I have looked at ezinearticles.com and it appears to me that most of the links obtained from that website come with Nofollow attribute. So, in this case we are hoping to get enough attention to my articles in order to generate direct traffic. A bit skeptical to be honest with you guys, there is hell a lot of articles up there!

          Also there is quite a controversy related to social bookmarking websites (Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit). Have looked at reddit as an example - lots of nofollow links as well. The same case as above with ezinearticles.com - we are hoping to generate enough attention in order to redirect the traffic to our blog. Technically speaking, reddit can bring a bit of traffic to the blog, but will it make any impact on SERPs ?

          Finally, some people (SEO-Dave and paulgl) mentioned real websites, magazines etc. Easy to say I suppose. I don't own PBN as some of forum members.
          My lady has written on numerous occasions for big PR companies, all they wanted was review of their client's product, and a link to their client's website. That is the main problem. The blog has tons of outbound links with reviews pointing to big brands and no backlinks.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10013076].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
            Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

            To sum up, there is quite a bit of controversy in this discussion.
            There's no controversy. Just a lot of cluelessness, and a bunch of people who're looking for a silver bullet, and who have been listening to some questionable advice.

            Please try to avoid the balance fallacy here. There's some total nonsense and woo woo, and then there's the marketing and technical process known as SEO. If a person can't explain how their proposed method would work and fit the known facts, it's likely that he/she is just mistaken.

            Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

            Some people say that article submission websites are useless.
            If we're talking about the kind of sites that publish any submission they're useless by definition. They're just a steaming pile. There needs to be a curator of some sort, a common theme, and some kind of selection process.

            And a site that does that shouldn't be called "article submission", but something that describes them more accurately. For example, "a blog that takes quest posts". Incidentally that might be something that works for you if the content is really great. Try to see if some of the top blogs in your niche/industry take quest posts, and try to offer them an unique piece.

            Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

            Technically speaking, reddit can bring a bit of traffic to the blog, but will it make any impact on SERPs ?
            No, not directly. But if you're consistently getting your stuff to the top of a subreddit someone just might find your link and post it somewhere else. Reddit might be a good way to do outreach.
            Signature
            Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
            Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

            What's your excuse?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10013091].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author SEO-Dave
            Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

            My lady has written on numerous occasions for big PR companies, all they wanted was review of their client's product, and a link to their client's website. That is the main problem. The blog has tons of outbound links with reviews pointing to big brands and no backlinks.
            The problem with this type of discussion is what you consider good content isn't necessarily what others consider good LINKABLE content.

            I write detailed SEO tutorial articles that cover some difficult concepts, hard to understand some of what I write and because of the nature of SEO today some of it is controversial (it isn't, but it goes against the SEO myths most think are true). They are rarely shared/linked by webmasters etc... Yet rubbish "Top 3 WordPress Plugins You Must Use" type articles can generate quite a lot of interest, but offer no insights into SEO.

            Basically what's good quality content doesn't mean others will link to it.

            In fashion/beauty you are more likely to generate links with a bunch of celeb photos than a well thought out article :-(

            Look into link bait ideas, create content your users will link to and share.

            Actually my wife has the same problem at Skinny Me pretty much everything in the weight loss arena is BS, so most of the site is "No, Drinking Water Doesn't Reduce Weight" and "No, There Aren't Any Magic Bullets To Weight Loss". Readers don't want this, they want quick fixes "Yes, You Can Loose All That Weight You Put On Over 10 Years of Overeating in 2 Weeks".

            To generate links naturally you have to create content that generates links :-)

            David
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10013381].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author PBMax
              Originally Posted by SEO-Dave View Post

              The problem with this type of discussion is what you consider good content isn't necessarily what others consider good LINKABLE content.

              I write detailed SEO tutorial articles that cover some difficult concepts, hard to understand some of what I write and because of the nature of SEO today some of it is controversial (it isn't, but it goes against the SEO myths most think are true). They are rarely shared/linked by webmasters etc... Yet rubbish "Top 3 WordPress Plugins You Must Use" type articles can generate quite a lot of interest, but offer no insights into SEO.

              Basically what's good quality content doesn't mean others will link to it.

              In fashion/beauty you are more likely to generate links with a bunch of celeb photos than a well thought out article :-(

              Look into link bait ideas, create content your users will link to and share.

              Actually my wife has the same problem at Skinny Me pretty much everything in the weight loss arena is BS, so most of the site is "No, Drinking Water Doesn't Reduce Weight" and "No, There Aren't Any Magic Bullets To Weight Loss". Readers don't want this, they want quick fixes "Yes, You Can Loose All That Weight You Put On Over 10 Years of Overeating in 2 Weeks".

              To generate links naturally you have to create content that generates links :-)

              David
              To be fair, calorie counting (putting a limit on how much food to stuff into your face) DOES allow for rapid weight loss the first two weeks, especially if there's a bunch of it to lose. After the two weeks, you plateau and have to reduce calorie intake or add in low-carb ideas on top. Plus, obviously, exercise helps.

              There are magic bullets such as this, but even though people cry out for them, the effort it takes to load the gun often proves too much for their willpower to bear.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10013977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PBMax
    Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

    ...a blog...for about 3 years...Content is excellent...the only thing which is missing are backlinks...
    If the content of 3 years is solid, it would be shared by the 2k+ people visiting the site each month, in turn creating social shares or blog mentions (backlinks.) If this is not happening, consider revising the content to make "good" go to "great."

    Article submission sites are like speed traps. The cops (ie. Google) are just waiting for you to speed by. Avoid them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011672].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO-Dave
    Do not share your high quality content on article directories.

    If the domain is lacking backlinks and you share your content on article directories with lots of backlinks there's a risk Google will rank the article directories above your original site. You could loose the current 2,000 visitors a month.

    The above is fine for low quality content you've spun for sharing on article directories for backlinks, but never share original high quality content. Directories over time tend to go nofollow, that means the backlinks become worthless SEO wise, so you are only left with direct traffic (tends to be low). You will also find content shared on article directories is autoblogged to death, you'll find your content on hundreds and even thousands of other domains adding more competition.

    If you like the idea of sharing content finding related domains with a readership (domains with a lot of traffic) and create new content for them. This can generate some quality backlinks and direct traffic without damaging current SERPs. You trade your content for their current SEO rankings. So a bit like article directories, but real sites about the same subject not generic directories which will cause SEO damage.

    David
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011706].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fjgust0
      Originally Posted by SEO-Dave View Post

      Do not share your high quality content on article directories.

      If the domain is lacking backlinks and you share your content on article directories with lots of backlinks there's a risk Google will rank the article directories above your original site. You could loose the current 2,000 visitors a month.

      The above is fine for low quality content you've spun for sharing on article directories for backlinks, but never share original high quality content. Directories over time tend to go nofollow, that means the backlinks become worthless SEO wise, so you are only left with direct traffic (tends to be low). You will also find content shared on article directories is autoblogged to death, you'll find your content on hundreds and even thousands of other domains adding more competition.

      If you like the idea of sharing content finding related domains with a readership (domains with a lot of traffic) and create new content for them. This can generate some quality backlinks and direct traffic without damaging current SERPs. You trade your content for their current SEO rankings. So a bit like article directories, but real sites about the same subject not generic directories which will cause SEO damage.

      David
      Dave, when you talk about finding related domains you mean blogs, magazines etc. or you talk about social bookmarking sites (like reddit, digg ect.). Many thanks for the reply.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011937].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SEO-Dave
        Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

        Dave, when you talk about finding related domains you mean blogs, magazines etc. or you talk about social bookmarking sites (like reddit, digg ect.). Many thanks for the reply.
        I mean blogs, magazines, real sites.

        You are looking for a return on your investment.

        If you can find sites with a good readership, good quality content** and they'll provide dofollow links to your site you can generate both direct traffic and SEO value via the links.

        ** It's important they only take good quality content, if your content is high quality you don't want to waste your time adding it to sites that will post almost anything. If I were looking to do this with regards to content about SEO I'd be looking to write content for places like Moz: SEO Software, Tools and Resources for Better Marketing and Search Engine Land | Must Read News About SEO, SEM & Search Engines I don't put my content on other domains because I own over 100 domains and don't have problems generating backlinks.

        David
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012545].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author PBMax
          Originally Posted by SEO-Dave View Post

          I own over 100 domains and don't have problems generating backlinks.
          I'd think owning that many sites would be a hassle, but I'm a minimalist.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Omarkenawy
    Article submission is one of the most popular ways to get relevant context back links.

    Bloggers write high quality content articles and then submit them to different directories, they are trying to get as many back links as possible in the shortest amount of time as well as building good content in order to provide good users experience.

    Ezine articles (http://www.ezinearticles.com) is the leading article directory site on the internet. And strongly recommend you to focus on that site. It will help you to bring traffic and build quality backlinks for your website. Don`t post the same articles on various places on the web
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012577].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PBMax
      Originally Posted by Omarkenawy View Post

      Article submission is one of the most popular ways to get relevant context back links.

      Bloggers write high quality content articles and then submit them to different directories, they are trying to get as many back links as possible in the shortest amount of time as well as building good content in order to provide good users experience.

      Ezine articles (http://www.ezinearticles.com) is the leading article directory site on the internet. And strongly recommend you to focus on that site. It will help you to bring traffic and build quality backlinks for your website. Don`t post the same articles on various places on the web
      I agree that if you're gonna use an article directory, stick to one and don't flaunt your article all over town. However, how picky is Ezine Articles? I'm actually more interested in getting content from them than giving it. I wholeheartedly believe that the best blogs are the ones written by employees of my client (or the client themselves.) They have the passion and the business know-how. I never offer to write articles for clients because forced content can be felt by the reader.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
    Originally Posted by fjgust0 View Post

    My question is would it be sensible to take some of these articles and post them on article submission sites in order to get backlinks ? Which ones would you recommend?

    Do we have to remove these articles from a blog after we post it on an article submission website?
    Your well written article must reach its targeted audience and not only by article submission sites but other mediums such as social media sites, blog sites, forum sites, well known social bookmarking sites like Reddit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrhmamun
    Don't do this, After updating Google Panda it's most effective to get backlinks from guest post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10013986].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PBMax
      Originally Posted by mrhmamun View Post

      Don't do this, After updating Google Panda it's most effective to get backlinks from guest post.
      But you have to be good enough (in the eyes of each individual blog admin's eyes) in order to get some virtual real estate on their sites. I hope your writing chops are better than par.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10014031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GreenLionNet
    Yes, definitely you need to submit articles on various blogging websites.I would also like to inform you that you can also post these articles on social networking websites.

    Same articles can be re-written in different words also and thus you do not have to remove them from your blog section.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10014049].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PBMax
      Originally Posted by GreenLionNet View Post


      Same articles can be re-written in different words also and thus you do not have to remove them from your blog section.
      Spun content reads like spun content. Why, oh why, inflict that upon some website owner or blogger? That's if they don't catch it at the door first.

      Also never quite understood why someone would want to send out all the good china to other peoples' houses and eat on paper plates at home.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10014058].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
        Originally Posted by PBMax View Post

        Also never quite understood why someone would want to send out all the good china to other peoples' houses and eat on paper plates at home.
        This is a very good point. Perhaps it was me who kind of brought this topic up, so I'm going to elaborate a little. I'd not guest blog just to get a backlink. The price for such a backlink would be out of proportion in almost any case I can think of. In the end it's going to be on a new page that has no PR yet.

        The most important reason for me would be personal branding, and getting your name and company name to appear in the search results so that you look like an authority.

        There are several bloggers who attribute some of their success to riding on the coat tails of a well-known blog, but I'm not sure if this works as well as it did two or five years ago.
        Signature
        Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
        Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

        What's your excuse?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10019454].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lafnow
      Originally Posted by GreenLionNet View Post

      Yes, definitely you need to submit articles on various blogging websites.I would also like to inform you that you can also post these articles on social networking websites.

      Same articles can be re-written in different words also and thus you do not have to remove them from your blog section.
      So can you recommend some of the blogging websites to submit to? Also, did I understand you correctly to say I should submit my blog articles to social networking websites but to re-word them first?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10014076].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PBMax
        Originally Posted by lafnow View Post

        So can you recommend some of the blogging websites to submit to? Also, did I understand you correctly to say I should submit my blog articles to social networking websites but to re-word them first?
        Do the EXACT OPPOSITE. Keep the gold for your own site. You can link to your article on your site on your social media profiles and then share them socially to other social sites.

        Think of what a drug dealer is supposed to do and do the opposite: Get high on your own supply!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10014108].message }}

Trending Topics